Ashley Shepard
How We Do It in Castelia [MP/Shiv]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 2:33:43 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Shades, DRIP, mask and hair make it hard to discern identity
Thing about hanging from a Lunatone roughly 20ft or so above a foggy foothold was that it was almost difficult to find the proper way to land. But thankfully, twenty feet isn't so bad when one tucks and rolls, and for Ashley, that's exactly what goes down. He gives one word, as they reach their unsuspecting target, and he drops towards them, Pluto the Lunatone following in his wake.

A sneak attack. Ashley intended not only to land with his feet on the shadow's shoulders, but to immediately have his moon friend use PSYBEAM, so long as Ashley gave the command.

Ashley waited. If it were an ally, he could pass it off as an accident. If it's a Leaguer though... he'd just as fast click his tongue to throw the target back. No one was going to sneak up on him, Isaac, Gavin, or Tempest on his watch.

2o4HBfd|

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

tl;dr:
ashley lands atop the figure in the smoke (rolling for landing)
if league, psybeam will happen on a click of his tongue
[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass][newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass][newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass][newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass][newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

NPC

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 3:52:25 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

a TORKOAL mews, struck by the LUNATONE's sudden PSYBEAM. from its flaring nostrils, WHITE SMOKE billows forth, mixing into pyre fog.[break][break]

farhan manages to sidestep ashley's pounce. but just barely. he grits his teeth, shoes skidding across worn grass and stone.[break][break]

"a dirty move like that suggests you aren't of the league." the kindler says. "i should have expected team rocket to use such deplorable tactics."[break][break]

he casts a hand toward his opponent, and his torkoal takes a step forth on all four legs.[break][break]

"heat wave."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
torkoal uses HEAT WAVE against the lunatone.[break][break]

+10 MP (IC POST)

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-torkoal"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#b8344f; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 4:11:13 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
A narrow sidestep, but with the Psybeam hitting the Torkoal, Ashley makes a scoff. He doesn't need to reveal himself, or speak much. Knowing that the man here was a League, he needed to take his ass down to back up his associates.

A finger waggle, but the moment the Heat Wave comes for Pluto, the Lunatone takes it, resistance to the heat from its natural Rock type makes it slightly ineffective, before a click of Ashley's tongue.

And a switchblade at the ready in his jacket pocket.

With another attack, another PSYBEAM aimed to throw the Torkoal on its back, Ashley's silver eyes are piercing, finger gun pointed out. "Run." It's an intimidation tactic.

hUlDn62m

tl;dr:
ash is trying to intimidate farhan
pluto takes heat wave, attempts to throw Torkoal on back with another PSYBEAM
[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass][newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass][newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass][newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass][newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 5:22:47 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i won't run from a man who hides behind a mask."[break][break]

the attempt at intimidation leaves a bitter taste in farhan's mouth. almost as strong as a SHADOW PUNCH served at 's brewery.[break][break]

his TORKOAL leaps to the side, surprisingly agile despite its appearance.[break][break]

"SUNNY DAY." farhan commands.[break][break]

the torkoal summons a bright sunlight. it soaks the thin grasses of mt. pyre with its generous, illuminating beams.

[break][break]

torkoal DODGES & uses SUNNY DAY.[break][break]

+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-torkoal"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#b8344f; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 7:32:49 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Oh, someone's high and mighty. Of course, this Mudsbray's backside was a hero type. He scowls, the Torkoal leaping to the side as squinting eyes follow the man. He considers pulling his switchblade out to end the fight.

"Twist his leg."

Pluto doesn't bother with the Torkoal. Instead, selecting to strike the trainer himself, intent to use PSYBEAM to incapacitate Farhan. But he was deliberately attempting not to kill him.

Ashley felt the sweat on the back of his neck, but he was... grinning?

g2Ye4z|T

tl;dr:
ash has pluto aim for farhan's leg to twist it with Psybeam
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 4:44:29 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

farhan's eyes spark wide. the PSYBEAM strikes his leg, forcing it to twist. as he cries out in pain, he tosses out another pokeball with a desperate claw.[break][break]

a coalossal lands with a heavy thud that shakes the earth.[break][break]

the kindler knows he must break the psychic pokemon's hold on his leg. but he must be patient.[break][break]

"smokescreen. obstruct us from view."[break][break]

the coalossal growls, expelling hot fumes that mixes with the torkoal's WHITE SMOKE.[break][break]

"solar beam."[break][break]

under the SUNNY DAY, the beam is instantaneous. from the TORKOAL's obscured location, it fires toward the LUNATONE.

[break][break]

coalossal is called out for SMOKESCREEN.[break]
torkoal uses SOLAR BEAM from the smoke.[break][break]

+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-torkoal"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon coalossal"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 7:19:59 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Direct hit. The cry of pain does everything he needs, until a heavy thud to earth has his silver eyes look up. Another Pokemon? Ah, a 2v2. Interesting. With a deadly smirk, Ashley eyes the bastard.

"Scared?" The smokescreen was a cover to obscure vision, but Pluto is out in the open. Which meant-

Too late.

The solar beam is direct, and with the set-up Sunny Day, Pluto is directly hit, and practically falls over. By a sliver of its life, the Lunatone hangs on, beaten and bruised.

Ash isn't about to let it die though. A Pokeball to return the moonmon, and two Pokeballs return in its place. A Nidorino, and a Noibat. Only that Ash says nothing, as he begins running with both of them. Thing about Smokescreen, he was obscured as much as Ashley was, so to get a direct hit, he had to move out of the smoke.

He finally speaks, running around the smoke to try and force the Leaguer to attack. "Hurricane, clear the field. Soon as you see the big lug, show it the power of the earth, Rein."

As Bass throws the HURRICANE to clear the field of smoke, the moment the Coalossal is in view, Reinhardt races to EARTH POWER onto it, a means to take it down in one hit if Reinhardt can manage.

0zxBE9ZW

tl;dr:
pluto is hit directly and returned near death.
reinhardt and bass are released
ash is running with both to try and force them to focus on their hearing
bass uses hurricane to clear the smoke
reinhardt attempts an earth power on the coalossal
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 4:14:40 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the NIDORINO's EARTH POWER lands a CRITICAL HIT. as the earth itself betrays farhan, the COALOSSAL faints with a hefty crash.[break][break]

"not at all." farhan responds, seething in pain.[break][break]

still nursing his leg, the kindler recalls his COALOSSAL. the smoke is cleared under SUNNY DAY; however, the TORKOAL is an artillery cannon, firing SOLAR BEAM after SOLAR BEAM at their opponent.

[break][break]

coalossal FAINTS.[break]
torkoal uses SOLAR BEAMS.[break][break]

+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-torkoal"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon coalossal"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 4:36:24 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
This is why one doesn't get arrogant on the field. The Leaguer is damn confident; not arrogant. Ashley is the latter. It shows, because despite Reinhardt getting that critical strike on the Coalossal, leading the smirk on his face, he just had to open his mouth.

"Says the one missing a big mountain of colossal bullshi-"

Solar Beam. To the fucking arm. There's a scream from Ashley that is so loud, as his jacket scorches, the entire right sleeve burned to a crisp off, as a massive shot of solar energy from the sun itself leaves his arm with heavy burns that resounded its pain throughout his vocal chords, rending them as he cries in complete pain. Every fiber of his being is screaming, but as the pain doesn't subside, he isn't able to stop Reinhardt from taking a hefty Solar Beam to the face. Ouch.

To put it bluntly, Ashley is just glad Reinhardt is made of sterner stuff being Poison typing and all. But Ashley does take the heavier strike. Grabbing his right arm, he can't feel it from the burn wounds, and he makes a call.

A tactical retreat. "You are stronger than me... for now." He throws his head up, ordering. "Confuse the Torkoal. Leave it a goodbye present." As Bass uses SUPERSONIC at the Torkoal, Ashley watches as Reinhardt fires off TOXIC SPIKES all around Farhan, to keep him firmly in place, as he grabs his arm, and runs the other direction.

Watch your back, League bastard.

tl;dr:
ashley takes a solar beam to the arm; cannot feel right arm from burns
bass (noibat) supersonics torkoal
reinhardt (nidorino) takes solar beam to face
reinhardt toxic spikes all around farhan and torkoal
ashley retreats with dignity, losing match

MP:
10 (surprise attack)
50 (10 per post x 5)
10 (KO Pokemon - Coalossal)
50 (participation)
300 (loss to farhan)
total thread: 420
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 6:38:27 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the solar beam hits and the resulting wail of pain is of no solace to farhan. instead, it is a horrid reminder of this region's unstable scales.[break][break]

"you're going nowhere!" farhan snarls.[break][break]

but pulsing beat of a SUPERSONIC astounds his TORKOAL. a SOLAR BEAM is loosed into the air in a frantic angle, causing the hot tortoise to hurt itself.[break][break]

the kindler is surrounded by TOXIC SPIKES and returning fog. [break][break]

"come back here, rocket! come back!" he shouts—[break][break]

but there is no reply.

[break][break]

thanks for the fun thread kiwi youre so great!![break][break]

+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+10 MP (IC POST)[break]
+50 MP (BATTLE PARTICIPATION[break]
+100 MP (BATTLE COMPLETION)[break]
+150 MP (WIN)[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 6:40:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: