August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
Picture Perfect Picnic, Probably [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 4:14:55 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

What a perfect day for a picnic! It wasn't often that Hazel closed the shop on a whim (nana said it was bad for business, that consistency was key), but today was going to have to be an exception. It was just too nice not to take her pokemon out for lunch by the lake. And, sure, it would be better if she had someone to talk to and share her iced tea and sandwiches with, but Pluto was busy and nana wasn't really able to leave the nursing home these days.

Thankfully, Finn and Carmen were proving to be excellent company, the ever-exuberant eevee bounding ahead while the more reserved abra chose to keep pace with the young witch until they'd reached the lake, and she set about helping Hazel lay out her picnic blanket out on the grass.

flying/water

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 1:40:20 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]

On such a nice day such as this one, Sunny could only think of one thing to do: fishing! Geared up with fishing equipment and plenty of pokeballs Sunny headed towards her favorite spot route 104. As it was the beginning of autumn all of the trees were slowly changing colors, and the forest looked beautiful. This was just her opinion but spring could never compare to fall.

Inhaling deeply, a large smile is painted across her face. Smells of the forest brought her happiness there was nothing greater than it.
Finally being able to see the lake her pace picks up but slows down when noticing that she wasn't alone. Realizing that Hazel was here for a picnic Sunny couldn't help but approach her and start conversation.

"Hi there! You sure do know great spots for picnicking!" Laughing happily she waves eagerly to Hazel and her pokemon admiring how adorable they were.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#a86ebe; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 23:49:33 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

"Thanks! My nana used to take me here all the time. It's one of her favorite local picnic spots and, well, I guess now it's one of mine too." There's something to be said about a place where you've already collected a bunch of good memories. And, who knows, maybe today she'll get to collect a few more!

"Oh, hey, do you want a sandwich? I made an extra one, but I don't think I'm going to end up eating it. My eyes were definitely way bigger than my stomach when I made it." Hazel opens her basket and pulls out the sandwiches in question, followed by a stainless-steel thermos covered in stickers, including a multicolored star that reads 'you can do it!' The rest appear to be various ghost-type pokemon in an array of cute poses.

"I've also got some iced tea if you're thirsty. The top of the thermos is a cup, so it's really easy to share!"

flying/water

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 2:17:23 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

Hearing the story warmed her heart. It made Sunny remember the times where she and her grandmother would do the same, they were memories she would treasure forever.

"Wow really? That's so generous of you!" With a grin she happily accepts the sandwich. Immediately taking a bite out of it, her eyes light up in response to the flavorful taste. She gives an enthusiastic thumbs up "Delicious!! this is the best sandwich I've ever had." As she declared her opinion with a confident tone, Sunny invites herself to sit down on the blanket Hazel had laid out.

"How neat, do they also come with those cute stickers?" Nodding a thank you she accepts the cup, but as her throat wasn't quenched she sets it besides her for the time being. "Maybe it wasn't a coincidence that we met today." She jokes in a light manner extending her hand out for introduction.

"Pleasure to meet you, my name's Sunny"Her introduction is followed with a bright smile.

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 18:48:40 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar
A sudden splash sends drops of water cascading over the blanket and its occupants as Finn dives into the lake. She should have known it wouldn't take long for him to go for a swim. Sitting still has never been his strong suit. 

"Sorry about that. He's got a lot of energy and he was cooped up in the shop all morning." As if to prove her points, the eevee in question swims back to shore, turns around, and promptly throws himself back into the lake. Hazel shifts back toward the edge to the blanket to avoid getting splashed again before turning her full attention back to Sunny.

Did the thermos come with the stickers? Hazel wishes she could say that it had, but those had been one of her own additions. "Nope, but I might have a few left back at the shop if you want some. I didn't use the whole pack." 

Hazel smiles and shakes Sunny's hand. Sunny may have been joking about fate bringing them together, but Hazel wasn't so sure. Fate did have a way of bringing people together when they needed it most, and she had just been lamenting the fact that she had no one to go on a picnic with. If not fate, than at least coincidence, which was basically the same thing with a fancier and easier to accept name. 

"Nice to meet you, Sunny. And thanks for sharing my picnic." Oh, she probably introduce herself too. "I'm Hazel!" Beside her, Carmen turns to give Hazel a pointed look. Hazel gestures to the abra. "And this is Carmen, she says she's also glad that you decided to join us."

flying/water

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 20:47:52 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

Sunny naturally flinches a little as she is splashed by cold waters. However she shows no signs of caring, it was always Sunny's plan to get a soaked. Promptly wiping away some water that got onto her face she laughs heartily "No sweat at all, a little water doesn't bother me." She states while motioning to her fishing equipment, figuring that Hazel would understand.

"What kind of shop do you keep?" Sunny asks curiously thinking of the possibilities but had no idea what kind of business Hazel ran. It was rather impressive that someone who looked so young as Hazel did could run a shop by herself. "Oh that's okay, the stickers really are cute tho! so you like ghost pokemon?" Sunny felt a little strange if she accepted all these gifts without doing anything for Hazel.

She shakes her head politely "Hazel please, I should be thanking you for having me!" She replies with a kind smile while acknowledging Carmen. "Thanks Carmen, pleased to meet ya as well." While interacting with Hazel and her pokemon an idea comes to Sunny's mind. Pulling out three pokeballs from her backpack she releases her pokemon: a treecko, swampert and lombre.

"I feel silly for not doing this earlier, but this is my team! Basil, Ephemeral and Taco!"

[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 2:46:21 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

Ooooh, Sunny had come here to fish! Hazel nods. Hopefully, the sandwich and tea will give Sunny all the energy she needs to wait for a good catch. That's how it went, right? A whole lot of waiting around before something finally decided to nibble on your bait? Maybe Sunny would get lucky and the fish would be hungry too! Though Hazel isn't entirely sure that she wants to root for the fish to get themselves caught. Won't getting a hook in the mouth hurt?

Hmm. Maybe she can distract Sunny for a bit instead. Give the fish a fighting chance!

Hazel nods again when Sunny asks if she likes ghost pokemon. "I do! Ghosts tend to have a bad reputation, but they're always really great once you get to know them! And it's not their fault that some people get scared easily."

"I actually grew up with a lot of ghost pokemon. They used to follow my nana home from jobs, and now they follow me sometimes too."

"Oh, right, the shop,"
she says, realizing that Sunny had asked about the shop earlier. "I probably should have explained that first, huh? I run a psychic shop on the west side of Petalburg. We specialize in tarot readings, charms, and occasionally take calls to go negotiate with ghosts on behalf of people who are starting to get tired things flying across the room or someone crying in their attics." But it isn't really we anymore is it? It's been 2 years since Nana has been able to run the shop. Since she moved to the nursing home on the other side of the city and Hazel found herself trying to make the most of things, trying to single-handedly keeping the shop open and the money coming in.

That's part of why it's so nice to have company, to have someone else join her by the lake so that she has other memories of this spot, not just the ones that are going to hurt in a few years' time. 

The appearance of Sunny's pokemon pulls Hazel from her rapidly darkening thoughts, causing her expression to brighten once more. 'Aww, they're so cute!'

"Hello everyone," the little witch greets with no small amount of enthusiasm, "nice to meet you!" Maybe they'll be up for playing with Carmen and Finn. They could both use some new friends!

flying/water

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 23:00:20 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

She was completely clueless when it came to ghost types. Growing up she was surrounded by water-types which is how she learned about them. "wow.. that's pretty cool of you." Sunny states with a starry-eyed expression. She considered herself to be the type of person Hazel described - a fear of ghosts. It was a unreasonable fear, people were far more wicked compared to spirits and ghosts. She perks up when Hazel begins explaining her shop. During the entire conversation there was a curiosity growing inside her to find out more about it. She only stopped herself from doing so to not come off as obnoxious and not bombard her with a million questions.

Sunny figured it'd be a unique experience to get a tarot reading. She's seen the businesses around before but never had the courage to get a reading before. Now that she knows Hazel does readings she definitely will have to visit sometimes to support her! Sunny's pokemon greet Hazel and the others eagerly. Her treecko and swampert seemed rather disinterested with the prospect of playing - after their greeting her swampert headed into the lake for a swim and the treecko settled down to nap under the shade of a tree. "Sorry about those two - honestly they prefer napping." she speaks with eased laughter, her eyes shifting away from them to observe her lombre interact with Carmen and Finn.

"Anyway! I'd love to get a tarot reading sometime. I never got one done before!" Sunny does little to conceal the excitement in her voice while addressing Hazel. A nearby rustling briefly caught Sunny's attention but once it settled down her focus was redirected to Hazel. "Could you tell the hours of your shop?" She asks with a bright smile

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 20:08:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WALREIN APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HOPPIP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPLASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 22:31:07 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar
Carmen seems to be of a similar mind. The Abra huffs at the idea of playing and remains seated on the far edge of Hazel's blanket, far more content to meditate than exert herself for no reason. Finn, on the other hand, seems pretty disappointed that Sunny's pokemon don't want to play with him.

"I don't know about cool, but it is a lot of fun! And don't worry, Finn will get over it. Watch." All Hazel has to do is toss the ball and the Eevee's disappointment is all but forgotten. He charges back toward the lake in pursuit., more water spraying up onto the blanket in his wake. 'Oops.'

"Sorry about that, my aim is pretty terrible." It's why she'd aimed for the lake. That way, she didn't accidentally hit anyone, buuuut she probably should have tried to throw it a little further away.  

Hazel shakes her head and laughs, watching for a moment as Finn paddles around, pushing at the ball with his nose, trying to get the other pokemon to engage with him. Let it never be said that he isn't determined. And, oh! It looks like he found another friend. Not that the Walrein looks pleased to have someone interrupting it while it's trying to sun itself.  Finn darts around it before diving back into the lake, trying to convince it to give chase.

Hazel frowns at the commotion but, thankfully, the Walrein seems to prefer sunning itself and stays put. 

But it seems that the Walrein isn't their only new friend. The rustling bushes reveal a Hoppip, who tries to scuttle over to the blanket and snag what's left of Hazel's sandwich while she's talking with Sunny abut the shop.

"We're open most days from noon to 10pm unless I have to be away on business, but I always leave a sign on the door so people will know when the shop will be open again and---hey!" Hazel snatches her sandwich away from the little thief in the nick of time. "You need to ask first," she informs the wild Hoppip.

For a moment it just stares at her, then it hops from foot to foot letting out a high pitched chirrup. Hazel grins, rips off a chunk, and holds it out. 

Delighted, the Hoppip toddles forward and snatches up its prize before retreating to the far end of the blanket to munch. Back before it even finishes chewing the last bite, it does another little dance, trying to earn more food for its trouble. 

"Oh, are you still hungry little one?" Hazel rips off another chunk of her sandwich, this time holding it just out of reach and ---it looks like it's not afraid of her! Or maybe it's just food motivated --- The next thing Hazel knows, the Hoppip has hopped up onto her lap to snatch at the piece of sandwich. This time, it doesn't retreat.

"Aww, I think she likes me! That or she really likes turkey sandwiches." Hmm, it could be useful to have a Hoppip around, she remembered her Nana saying that they were good at finding certain herbs. Maybe she could bribe it to come home with her! At least that way it wouldn't be so hungry. 

(Catch Attempt - bribing with food)

flying/water

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 7:21:47 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

She's relieved to see that Finn was quick to get over the rejection. Sunny would have felt awful if Hazel's eevee remained depressed due to her pokemon's lack of friendliness. Her gaze watches Finn as he zips past to chase the ball that was thrown into the lake "Don't know what you mean, that was a pretty good throw." She reassures hazel with smile - enjoying the sight of their pokemon playing and relaxing together.

She is surprised yet again listening to Hazel talk about the shop. It was difficult for her to imagine what it was like to run a store - she assumed it was exhausting. "When do you get a brea-" Words cut off by a sudden interruption of the hoppip, Sunny giggles quickly realizing what was happening. "How adorable!" Sunny says ecstatically a nod in agreement to Hazel's comment about her sandwich. "It's gotta be both!" She jokes happily, a sudden idea coming to mind.

"Hey rotom come on out~" Within a flash a rotomphone zips out of Sunny's backpack, it hovers over them with the classic mischievous grin. The jigglypuff case gleamed in the warm sunlight

"How about a picture to commemorate this special moment?" She suggests with a smile, already beginning to pose for the photo-op.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 2:27:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLDUCK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ME FIRST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KABUTOPS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WEAK ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WRING OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE HOPPIP!
close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 17:10:42 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

"Break?" Hazel finishes the thought as she rips off another piece of sandwich for her greedy new friend. "Well, technically whenever I want, I guess. All I have to do is flip the sign on the door over to closed when I want to take some time to myself. But, mostly I keep the shop open and get things done between customers. The shop is less busy on weekdays when most people are working or training, so it works out alright." It was a nice way of saying that she doesn't really take breaks, not ones that counted by most people's standards anyway, but Hazel doesn't mind. She'd snag bites of food in between customers and occasionally invite them to sit down for tea if someone happened to wander in while she was making it. Tea was better shared anyway, like picnic food or a really good book.

A series of splashes from the lake alerts her to the fact that Finn has found wild Golduck to bat the ball back and forth with. "Looks like we aren't the only ones who made a new friend."

Speaking of new friends, the now-sated hoppip doesn't seem like it's going to be going anywhere any time soon. It stays put as Hazel shifts closer to Sunny for the photo, striking a pose of her own. "Hey, we look great! And hoppip, you look so cute and, hey, wait, are you falling asleep?" Sure enough, as Hazel's gaze drops from the screen to the creature in her lap, the hoppip's eyes are drifting shut for a post-lunch nap. "You know I can't stay here all day, right?" She asks, voice already going softer in a way that says she doesn't actually mind being a bed. Oh well, it makes for a cuter picture anyway. Hazel settles back into her pose as her gaze drifts back to the camera on Sunny's rotomphone and ---WAIT, is that a kabutops?

Kabutops are a rare sight, at least in this area. In fact, Hazel can't remember having seen one by the lake before. "I don't want to startle it but look, we've got another friend," Hazel points at the screen where the kabutops lurks just past the treeline in the background of the shot because that seems less likely to draw its attention to the fact that they've spotted it. "And a rare one too. This really is a special occasion!"

flying/water

close tab

played by

kiki

She/Her
June 1st
Heterosexual
Ranger
cadet
32 height
32 height
awards
69 posts
sunny clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sunny
sunny clark
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 1:54:06 GMT
sunny clark Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

listening to hazel briefly explain what it was like operating a business, she quickly realized it didn't sound all too bad. Sunny figured that there were negatives that Hazel wasn't bothered to mention. Her face breaks out into a wide smile when Hazel points towards the wild golduck playing with their pokemon, Sunny was relieved to see that Finn seemed to bounce back rather quickly from the rejection her own pokemon gave the poor thing.

The photo comes out perfectly; it was remarkable how photogenic Hazel was. Sunny had always been envious of photogenic people as she was not one of them. Sunny's attention shifts towards her hoppip her eyes softening watching the pokemon fall asleep in hazel's warm lap. "sooo.. cute" she states with a hushed tone not wanting to wake the little one. "I think you're gonna need to stay like that for awhile.." She laughs lightly her head turning to and fro when hazel mentioned another friend, she didn't know what she meant until Hazel pointed at the screen.

Her mouth drops out of amazement, kabutops was an incredibly rare pokemon that very few trainers were able to catch. There's an urge to try and go catch one for herself but Sunny knew deep inside that this lush forest was going to be better for the kabutops.

"One that i'll always remember!" She replies back with a grin, feeling incredibly lucky that she was able to share this moment with Hazel.