moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
Maybe this is what I get for leaving you out in the cold. Drag my body to the woods and let me go.
awards
97 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
blood in the cut [m]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 15:47:30 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="id","moonbase"]
[attr="id","moontop"]

[attr="class","suntitle"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-froslass"] m: putting on a front //

[attr="id","sunpost"]

Manipulative, perhaps he was. Perhaps he'd always been. Twisting people into thinking he was in anyway human, when he felt sometimes anything but. The amusement snuck up on him, but it was brief at best before he tuned back into place once more. Even so direct, so focused, never slipping up. That was, admittedly, a mild slip up on his part, but it could be chalked up for an attempt to seem human. Like he cared. When, in reality, all he cared about was the result.
[break][break]
Blue was, admittedly, still something of an anomaly though he could pinpoint certain key traits. He wondered what she valued, clearly not compassion and yet she also seemed to have an aversion to bluntness. Bit of a brat, wasn't she? Did she wish for understanding? It wouldn't have been easier for him if things could be settled in more effective ways, time-effective that is.
[break][break]
"Alright then, your department threw you under the bus. The world is so unfair." Did she feel like the victim in a world of her own making? A bit pathetic, that. At one time, he might have been able to be softer in this though. Something had changed, though he knew exactly what that was, even if he didn't want to admit to it. You don't just go back to being an understanding person after years of cutting through people, ripping through their vulnerabilities and weakest points, without changing in turn. "She probably is better than you. You set the standards of comparison. If you wish to believe yourself less in comparison than no one can tell you otherwise. Certainly not me."
[break][break]
He raised an eyebrow, still smiling. "Do you truly want to know my opinion?" He tilted his head, "I can tell."

[attr="class","moonbottom"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit2"]

[newclass="#sunpost"]font:12px roboto;--accent:#99C879;[/newclass]

[newclass=.suntitle]--accent:#99C879;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonbase"]width: 480px; border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; margin: 20px auto; background:#202020;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonbase img"]width:480px; object-fit: cover; object-position: center;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moontop"]background: #2b2b2b; line-height: 20px; height: 80px; width:480px; display:block; text-align:justify;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moontop img"]height: 80px; width: 80px; object-fit: cover; object-position: center; position: relative; float:left; top:0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; display:inline-block;[/newclass]

[newclass=".suntitle"]display:inline-block; position: relative; top:30px; left:20px; color: var(--accent); text-align:justify; font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass="#sunpost"]width:80%; background:#1a1a1a; border:1px solid #252525; padding:20px 20px 20px 20px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px; text-align: justify; color:#eee; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass="#sunpost i"]color: var(--accent); text-decoration:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass="#sunpost b"]color: var(--accent); font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moonbottom]background: #252525; height:30px; width: 100%; border-top:1px solid #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit.
awards
323 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
blood in the cut [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 22:51:24 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="id","moonbase"]
[attr="id","moontop"]

[attr="class","moontitle"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poochyena"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poochyena"] m: putting on a front //

[attr="id","moonpost"]
“Don’t patronize me.” Maybe she wasn’t the most discreet or the most clever, or even intelligent person in the room. But she wasn’t stupid, and she knew a snide, derisive tone when she heard it. The world was unfair, no matter her input to it. But she was by no means deluded into thinking she hadn’t dug the hole she was in all on her own. And she certainly wasn’t about to give him the honor of her admitting it.[break][break]

At one time, maybe it was the simple cruelty of an unkind life. Without her having done anything to deserve it. What kid wants to be an orphan? Even more than that, who wants to be the kid that doesn’t get picked? So she turned mean and tough, and impenetrable because it was better than being soft and weak and pitiful. How she’d presented herself hadn’t changed the fact that she’d remained unwanted. Again, something that wasn’t his business.[break][break]

In a way, though, she preferred this version of him— any feigned compassion would have made her angrier. Belittled. At least in the face of his bluntness and his sly little grins, she could feel a little more justified in her temper.[break][break]

She sat back against the booth. Fingers curled around the table edge. “Thanks for the extra confirmation. I already know she is.” Her fingers curled tighter, a hint of white beginning to brighten her knuckles. “You're already being so forthcoming so you might as well.” The lift of his brow left her scowling. “Screw you and your sarcasm. You wanted an answer, I gave you one.”

[newclass="#moonpost"]font:12px roboto;--accent:#677fb5;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontitle]--accent:#677fb5;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonbase"]width: 480px; border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; margin: 20px auto; background:#202020;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonbase img"]width:480px; object-fit: cover; object-position: center;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moontop"]background: #2b2b2b; line-height: 20px; height: 80px; width:480px; display:block; text-align:justify;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moontop img"]height: 80px; width: 80px; object-fit: cover; object-position: center; position: relative; float:left; top:0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; display:inline-block;[/newclass]

[newclass=".moontitle"]display:inline-block; position: relative; top:30px; left:20px; color: var(--accent); text-align:justify; font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonpost"]width:80%; background:#1a1a1a; border:1px solid #252525; padding:20px 20px 20px 20px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px; text-align: justify; color:#eee; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonpost i"]color: var(--accent); text-decoration:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonpost b"]color: var(--accent); font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moonbottom]background: #252525; height:30px; width: 100%; border-top:1px solid #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
Maybe this is what I get for leaving you out in the cold. Drag my body to the woods and let me go.
awards
97 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
blood in the cut [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 16:18:23 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="id","moonbase"]
[attr="id","moontop"]

[attr="class","suntitle"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-froslass"] m: putting on a front //

[attr="id","sunpost"]

He was no longer ideal for this job. At least, not the job that require sympathizing to create a bond. He didn't think himself empathetic in the least, definitely not after the years. At one time, he'd might have wanted to become a therapist and help people, but that desire had sharpened into something colder and crueler.
[break][break]
In all likelihood, he could never come to understand her experience, only judge it, which was exactly what he was doing. It wasn't so much finding out the truth as it was creating a predetermined answer that fit the narrative he liked most. Usually, he was satisfied with this and felt himself at least accurate. He knew most people better than they knew themselves. Yet, with Blue, the thought brought dissatisfaction and he didn't exactly know why. She hardly mattered in the grand scheme of things.
[break][break]
He laughed at that, knowing he'd done no more than affirm her already preconceived ideas. He didn't know this friend of hers so could hardly state for certain if this was truly the case. "I could, but I see that it would mean very little besides the opinion you have of yourself." He tilted his head. "You're very cruel to yourself, you know that?"
[break][break]
"You did." Once again, he assessed the diner. "Well, I can see we won't get very far here, so I'm going to go now. Understand, you're not off the hook. I'll be giving my assessment to your captain." What was in that assessment? Dismally little. Maybe he wouldn't hand it in, maybe he'd request more time with her. That would prove interesting.

[newclass="#sunpost"]font:12px roboto;--accent:#99C879;[/newclass]

[newclass=.suntitle]--accent:#99C879;[/newclass]

[newclass=".suntitle"]display:inline-block; position: relative; top:30px; left:20px; color: var(--accent); text-align:justify; font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass="#sunpost"]width:80%; background:#1a1a1a; border:1px solid #252525; padding:20px 20px 20px 20px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px; text-align: justify; color:#eee; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass="#sunpost i"]color: var(--accent); text-decoration:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass="#sunpost b"]color: var(--accent); font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit.
awards
323 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
blood in the cut [m]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 17:43:48 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="id","moonbase"]
[attr="id","moontop"]

[attr="class","moontitle"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poochyena"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poochyena"] m: putting on a front //

[attr="id","moonpost"]

It was only a matter of time before he called her bluff point blank, right? She couldn’t help but wonder what his endgame was. This was no more than a simple job, right? Easy for him. Blue continued to scowl at him across the table. “Of course I know that.” It was deserved, in her mind’s eye. She wasn’t worth goodness or admirable opinion. Her life up until that point had only taught her to be bitey and mean. Distrustful of anyone outside of her immediate guiding force. She wasn’t kind or friendly or welcoming. Even her internal life was lackluster. Hobbies, skills? Did she have anything outside of the need to use her fists?[break][break]

No, she didn’t suppose she did.[break][break]

Yet, inexplicably, she was being released from this. At least for right then. It caught her off guard, but she let her defenses slam back up within moments. “Yeah, okay. Whatever.” She slumped in her seat again, glance shifting to look out the window. She was so, so royally screwed, wasn’t she? There was no way she’d hold up against whatever it was he chose to report on. It was easy to sense that he’d read right through her. Again, she had to wonder why she’d been placed in this position. She wasn’t any good at it. “You do that.”[break][break]

Blue thought about tearing into the mess on her plate again, but her appetite had dwindled down to nothing. Instead, she pushed up from the table before he had the chance to. She forced a thin, false smile. “You have a great day.” It was pointless to continue committing to any sort of act, which was why she probably sounded trite. Shoving her hands in her pockets, she left money for the bill on the table and then practically stomped out the door.[break][break]

Back to the station and all of its suspicious eyes.[break][break]

[newclass="#moonpost"]font:12px roboto;--accent:#677fb5;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontitle]--accent:#677fb5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".moontitle"]display:inline-block; position: relative; top:30px; left:20px; color: var(--accent); text-align:justify; font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonpost"]width:80%; background:#1a1a1a; border:1px solid #252525; padding:20px 20px 20px 20px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px; text-align: justify; color:#eee; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonpost i"]color: var(--accent); text-decoration:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass="#moonpost b"]color: var(--accent); font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
blood in the cut [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 9:03:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: