Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 7:08:05 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The pokemon center is a pillar of society, and after everything the region is preparing to go through, that fact has become even more true. Among other things, Penelope had taken upon herself to go beyond her desk to help out wherever she could, which included the several centers scattered across Hoenn.
[break][break]

More than anything else, she just wanted to ensure they were well funded and prepared for the fated day in November when everyone's life would ultimately flip in on itself. For better or for worse.
[break][break]

"Perfect, perfect. I'll be waiting over, then!" Waving off the center's management, the councilwoman shuffled back to the waiting room. The chairs were sparsely placed along the entrance's white walls, most already occupied by patients awaiting their turn. So, instead of squeezing between a pair of grumbling patients, she decided to take her waiting game outside, where she could at least enjoy the cool Autumn air.
[break][break]

Or, at least, that was the idea.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
MISSION

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 17:23:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

though theo does clock the councilwoman—it's difficult not to considering her bright red head—he does not stop to address her as there are other urgent matters at hand.[break][break]

quite literally, as he's carrying with him a very injured persian while its trainer follows closely behind, clearly sobbing.[break][break]

"excuse me."[break][break]

he brushes past her on his way into the pokemon center.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kingler"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 17:08:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Idle fingers would be the death of her. Twitching fingers reached down toward her pocket, expecting to fish out her phone for a quick game of angry birds, only to be interrupted by a familiar blonde with a frighteningly tight expression.
[break][break]

"Th-" before she could even mutter the man's name to herself, he wizzed right on by, leaving nothing more than a couple of sobs to snap her out of it.
[break][break]

"Hm."
[break][break]

As much as she wanted to just stand there and wait for her turn, as if nothing ever happened, her title and conscious demanded action. Pesky bastards.
[break][break]

So, with a frown fixed across her face, she spun back around and pushed through the Pokemon Center's door.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 10:35:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

imagine playing angry birds in twenty-twenty-two. must be slow days in the council.[break][break]

nurses scramble into action the moment they step into the pokemon center. they rush over to help guide theo over to a station where he gently lays down the persian. the feline pokemon coughs up blood, clearly having been attacked.[break][break]

unfortunately for them, all the doctors seem to be busy at other stations, so theo has to step up and guide the assistants.[break][break]

"we need to stablize it."[break][break]

they rush off to find the appropriate equipment.

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 6:16:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope walked back into utter chaos.
[break][break]
A Persian sprawled out on a bed, coughing up blood; nurses scrambling back and forth behind the secretary's desk, frantically searching for the right equipment to bring aid to the situation; and, to top it all off, there was acting as the maestro of it all, directing the ensuing chaos with the whip of his words.
[break][break]
All the councilwoman could do was watch from the other side of the desk. Without a Pokémon with any healing moves to settle the pain, or the knowledge necessary to provide avoid being a hindrance to their efforts, she wasn't quite sure what she could do. But, even then, she couldn't bare tearing her eyes apart from the unraveling scene.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 9:43:38 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

in the midst of all the chaos and blood, his voice still carries the same weight and presence as ever.[break][break]

"penelope."[break][break]

he looks up, then back at her.[break][break]

"we need clean towels."[break][break]

it's the only order he'll give as he returns to the persian, hands now bloodied as he attempts to stabilize it.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 4:50:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His voice shattered the air around them, immediately drawing her in.
[break][break]
Towels, right.
[break][break]
With a quick shake of her head, the councilwoman scurried off, much more concerned with fulfilling her task than dealing with the literal terrorist 1 yard away.
[break][break]
She ran back to the small table, towels in hand, and offered them with a huff of air. "here."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 9:01:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the only gratitude theo will offer her is a slight nod of his head. he accepts the towels and takes a few to start wiping the blood around the wounds away, improving their visibility which then allows them to start preparing to close it. after cleaning it, of course, which the assistants do without much instruction.[break][break]

the pain rouses the persian, causing it to thrash about. he's forced to hold it down, arms wrapping around it before he presses his weight against the feline. the rest of the assistants do their best to help.[break][break]

his head tilts as blood smears across his sharp cheekbone.[break][break]

"you will need to stitch the wound."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 6:38:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The sight itself was right out of an episode of Grey's Anatomy.
[break][break]

Blood smeared across his cheekbone, the tight lip man barely glance her away before barking another order, this one much more challenging than a simple grab n go.
[break][break]

"Me? I can't do that," she shook her head, eyes wide, "You'll have to get another nur--"
[break][break]

But there were none. All hands were already on deck.
[break][break]

"How do I-- I'm so bad with blood, I don't know if I can--"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 10:49:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

an incredulous look breaks across his face which is perhaps the most emotion he's ever conveyed in front of her. the sternness he usually wears returns almost instantly as he sighs.[break][break]

"just do it, penelope."[break][break]

his gaze shifts back to the bloody mess.[break][break]

"or this persian will die."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 20:53:43 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Uncertainty blared in her eyes as this man, who looked at her as if medical procedures were a given, an innate skill all possessed. Part of her wanted to continue contesting the notion, remind him (and all the other nurses) of her natural, shakey hands, or allergy to precision, but what good would that do?
[break][break]

There was a dying persian sprawled out in front of her. And he was going to die if her mind wasn't already made up 2 seconds ago.
[break][break]

"Okay."
[break][break]

A large, shakey breath came out as she hesitantly reached for medical equipment. Slowly, she inched her fingers to the feline's blood-smeared flesh. The first pierce-through came easy enough, but the second and third only came after a few failed attempts to hit the skin. The entire time the councilwoman's face became scrunched up and tight -- it took almost all of her just not to turn away from the gruesome image below.
[break][break]

"It's done. I think."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 19:14:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

conveniently, the moment the councilwoman states that she's done, a spiritomb slips out of the shadows to pulse a HYPNOSIS at the persian. it stops twitching and squirming, roused to a deep slumber.[break][break]

the assistants slowly let go, then look at each other only to rush off to other stations, leaving the two to their own.[break][break]

the bloodied persian sleeps before them.[break][break]

"does the sight of blood make you squirm?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 7:37:47 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"A little," she admitted, still in a bit of shock. While the treatment was over and the persian was safe, her hands still wouldn't stop twitching. "If it's a little, I'm fine. But when it gets to be that dark shade of red..."
[break][break]

She shook her head, hands curling into fists by her side.
[break][break]

"It takes a lot out of me."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 18:20:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

finding a clean towel, he starts wiping the red off his hands, careful and meticulous in the way he maneuvers the towel. like a trained surgeon.[break][break]

curious, he asks:[break][break]

"why?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 8:24:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Why? A better question was why should she expose more of herself to him, a criminal when she'd just been pushed to go through an uncomfortable experience. A necessary one -- to save a pokemon's life -- but an uncomfortable one nonetheless.
[break][break]

"Because it does," She responded, refusing to expand further. If she were any stronger, she would've already reached for her phone to call or to help deal with the man. But what good would that do? He'd just slink back where he came from. "What even happen to that pokemon?"

[break][break]