thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 11:30:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i stumbled across it on my walk," he shrugs. "likely the aftermath of trainers attempting to get stronger."[break][break]

it is the cycle of life, one he has actively contributed to and participated in as well on his journey to become an underboss. but things have changed recently. he's not grown soft but he has gained more empathy.[break][break]

enough to bring in the persian.[break][break]

"in any case, i'm glad i was able to teach you something. first aid skills are important to learn, especially in this day and age."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kingler"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 22:23:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"And your instinct was to rescue it? I'm impressed."
[break][break]

Her response might've been a bit too sarcastic, but given her unfavorable position, it was the first natural response that came to her. Glancing back toward the receptionist, she started moving back to which she came. If he'd come to follow her, she would continue, finishing off her thought.
[break][break]

"I'd imagine someone like you to consider it's injury a part of a process."
[break][break]

Or something else along those lines.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 13:15:47 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"normally, you would be right in your assumption."[break][break]

it is part of the process. but, again, what he once lacked has started to make its return, not quite in full force as of yet but enough has slipped through.[break][break]

as there's nothing left for him to do, he does follow her, curious to see where this conversation takes them.[break][break]

"i believe i've had what some may call character development. have you had any yourself recently?"

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 9:32:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"What triggered it?"
[break][break]

Or, better yet, who triggered it?
[break][break]

To his question, she swallowed down a bitter sigh, resigning to the frustrating answer that kept itself wedged within her throat.
[break][break]

"You could say that."
[break][break]

From critical HBS lead investigative journalist to Councilwoman, it was a change that came with both prestige and sacrifice. Namely, in regard to herself.
[break][break]

Her ideals.
[break][break]

Her beliefs.
[break][break]

All exchanged for the power she now possessed.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 12:34:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"perspective."[break][break]

he says simply.[break][break]

"i've spoken to many since coming to hoenn. i've spoken to those that fully support the league, those that abhor them, and those that simply do not care."[break][break]

a pause.[break][break]

"you were a strong critic against them and yet here you are. a councilwoman. why is that?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 4:40:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I got tired of sitting around and waiting for something to happen."
[Break][BREAK]
The media, the public's access information, it all played in it's part in incrementally changing the path of Hoenn's narrative. Slow measures designed to change the nature of the game, until both parties were forced to play on equal grounds.
[BREAK][break]
"Besides, where's the fun in watching from the sidelines?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 10:20:27 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"a fair point. neutrality has no place in this climate."[break][break]

something they can both agree on, it seems.[break][break]

"i take it this means you are no longer considering my offer."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 1:22:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

To his assertion, she chuckled.
[Break][break]
"I wouldn't say that."
[Break][break]
For once she turned to glance back at him, eyebrow quirked and eyes glimmering brighter than they had the day they first met along that dirt path.
[Break][break]
Frankly, even after all that time, was still a man that drew fear into every nerve of her body. Just looking at him was discomforting. But she wouldn't allow herself to show further weakness to the enemy.
[Break][break]
Ridgid, she continued.
[Break][break]
"I just found...different means to achieve what you originally offered."
[Break][break]
The power to enforce accountability within both the league and rocket.
[Break][break]
Which begged to the question: what else could he even offer her?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 4:16:39 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"different and less effective means, i imagine. but i digress."[break][break]

he sighs, feigning something akin to disappointment even if it's something he rarely ever feels. if ever. even when their johto invasion failed, he did nothing more than accept it for the failure that it was, and moved on.[break][break]

"it's a shame. you would've fit right in."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 19:46:40 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"but done without the assistance of anyone else."
[Break][break]
An important fact she mustn't ever forget. What Theo had promised her came with a price. A price concealed by microscopic strings that would pull and tug her in every which way, up until the moment her use become completely depleted and her name wrung as much worth as anyone else.
[Break][break]
"You think so?"
[Break][break]
Despite the initial disgust that rang from the comment, Penelope willed her expression stoic.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 15:26:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i do. not for your battling prowess, obviously, but for your mentality and beliefs."[break][break]

behind them, the doors to the pokemon center slide open once more. people filter in and out though he pays them no mind. they are mere shapes in the background. pointless.[break][break]

"you may not need assistance but you will soon find yourself limited to what you will be able to achieve. the league's system and hierarchy make it so that you, along with everyone else, will eventually hit a ceiling, and to even take a step towards it requires immense work."[break][break]

he states.[break][break]

"approval here, approval there; aren't you already buried in paperwork?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 17:24:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Obviously.
[break][break]

The certainty of his words made her lips crack into a smile.
[break][break]

"And, in exchange for the vanquishing of my paperwork, I'm given the burden of betraying my region."
[break][break]

For once since their first conversation along that dirt route, Penelope gained the confidence to face the beast that was and turn toward him, a challenge glimmering in her eye.
[break][break]

"What do you think is the difference between your position and mine?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 7:01:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"you'd be given the privilege of saving it."[break][break]

he is quick to correct.[break][break]

his gaze maintains as he accepts her challenge.[break][break]

"you tell me."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 7:14:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

These high-strung men were all the same.
[break][break]

When pressed for an answer, they turn it around back toward its sender, preferring to make edits than offer an original response.
[break][break]

No matter.
[break][break]

To prevent her voice from carrying, the councilwoman leaned forward, keeping her next few words between them and them alone.
[break][break]

"There isn't any. You say the league's system and hierarchy limit me? I say Dahlia's control is no different than Walsh's hold over you."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
YOU AGAIN [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 7:28:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"perhaps not."[break][break]

he returns words of his own, hushed and low as though only meant for them.[break][break]

"but where you struggle, we thrive. the difference between us will soon be made even clearer."[break][break]

"i just hope you don't regret the side you chose."