613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
raise a little hell [magma, c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 4:20:02 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
Onyx rolled his neck and took a deep breath of the recycled, temperature controlled air-- the sub aimed to please with a chilly homeostasis.

His chest ached from the very action of breathing and he wasn’t really supposed to be standing, right now, but he’d had his fill of laying down for a lifetime.

His wounds hadn’t quite healed up, yet. The bandages over his left eye still served to keep his cheek flesh in place.

Hands in pockets, he stood, and waited. She should be here soon.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 18:00:49 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Indeed she would be here soon. In fact, she was already there, simply peering through the hazy veil of the phantom plane. Her eyes are trained on the man in question: . Lex didn’t trust anyone, especially those she didn’t have a fairly good idea what their deal was. Onyx is a complete stranger and there was little to find on his association with Rocket. She has been stabbed in the back too many times to not be careful.

When she’s satisfied this isn’t some sort of an ambush, the Shadow Gardevoir released her hold onto the phantom plane and allows Lex to step into reality, surprisingly close to Onyx. She’s wearing her staple leather jacket, hands shoved into the pockets as she cocks a hip to the side. Judgmental amber eyes don’t hide her concern, “You look a little worse for wear. Should you even be here?” Lex hated a waste of her time, and if this was going to be a waste of her time she wouldn’t hesitate to leave.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
in the low lamplight i was free, heaven and hell were words to me
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 3:13:08 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
His association with Rocket and general trajectory in life might be a mystery, but his reasons for being here today are not. He wants a fight. A good fight, against someone who is proven and might be even better at this than he is.

was once better at this, he thinks, but the thought is quickly subsumed by ’s arrival. He doesn’t know her, of course, but everyone knows of her.

Her entrance comes with aplomb, her walking out of the inky void, close enough for him to feel the latent chilling factor of the ethereal shadows that warp and weave around her. He doesn’t startle-- he’s been in the business too long to startle. Besides, startling takes more muscle control than he feasibly has right now.

He fixes her in a cold, single-eyed glare, because that’s all he could do, now. “Probably not, but that’s what happens when you get mauled by a bear.” His voice is hoarse and he does just sound exhausted. “I’ve laid around enough for a lifetime. I want a fight.”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 19:45:11 GMT

The Beast quickly loses interest in what Onyx has to say after the first half of his sentence. Quite frankly, she didn’t care for his well-being, only her own time. She stated her peace and she would chastise him afterward if she felt it necessary. Before he’s even finished speaking, she waves a hand casually in the air to dismiss the rest of his story as she spins on her heels to turn away. She brushes through the remnants of the PHANTOM FORCE, black mist dispersing in her wake. The Shadow Gardevoir didn’t follow.

“Sure,” she pauses at the other end of the training room. Her mind runs through her options. A good fight would be a quick one by her standards but she’s sure that’s not what he meant. She could easily wipe the floor with him if she used Hecate or War. Maybe even her Zeraora . . . she hadn’t fought with that pokemon in a long while. No . . .

She spins around and with the movement she tosses a pokeball into the air. The light flashes down to release a Blaziken. It’s beak snaps together anxiously, sharp claws tensing in anticipation for a battle.

+ She actively tries to make people hate her, smh

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 0:20:55 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
She waves him away like a bad smell and oh, he hates that.

But Onyx was practical over everything. A good fight was anything he could do to advance his own experience. Even a loss. She could wipe the floor with him with a pseudolegendary and if it even clued him in the tiniest bit to more strategy, more strength, then he would consider it a good fight.

She doesn’t want to talk, then. That’s fine. Her Blaziken raises its talons into a fighting stance, heating the room up a few degrees just by its presence-- something he’s secretly thankful for. The heat helps his pain, if only a little.

Deciding to take her up on her offer of silence, he simply tosses his own Pokeball, revealing his Garchomp, Mordekaiser. Gathering energy in his scythe-like, sharp-edged fins, he launches forward with a vicious roar to slash at his opponent.

that's okay he prefers it like this tbh
garchomp uses slash

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 2:08:06 GMT

Lex’s job wasn’t to chit chat or make friends. She was promoted because she got results and continued to produce them. The thief did that by remaining focused and keeping distractions to a minimum. She relied on herself, and only herself. There was no reason to trust those within Rocket, though she would probably get much further if she did. Pity she had such a thick skull and was too stubborn for her own good. Maybe one day she would learn.

A critical and judgmental glare analyzed the Garchomp. Strong, quick, a pokemon she had on her own team. It was versatile but sadly had many weaknesses. She would likely not exploit them today, but Lex was full of surprises. Overall, the Beast seems rather apathetic towards the choice of pokemon. It would out up a good fight which was favorable and good for her own training.

The fire-type didn’t seem phased, even as the Garchomp roared and lunged with SLASH. Somehow, Lex’s pokemon didn’t seem to take any damage, not in the least bit. Did the Garchomp miss? It’s as if the Slash phased right through it.

With the Garchomp so close, the Blaziken didn’t need to move far to take aim. It’s gut contracted and released in a series of violent movement before the pokemon’s beak opened wide. A voluminous amount of putrid sludge exploded from the pokemon’s open mouth, aimed straight for the Garchomp’s eyes.

A Blaziken using SLUDGE BOMB? How strange . . .

+ Blaziken uses SLUDGE BOMB

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 0:58:12 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
Lex didn’t know it but, essentially, her whole shtick in the Rocket organization was Onyx’s dream. Terrifying, fearless, sexy, the total package.

He was halfway there, really. He relied on himself. Trusted only himself, and his team. Unfortunately, trusting only his team had gotten him in this particular pickle.

Which is why he was here in the first goddamn place.

Mordekaiser, specifically, was still on the shitlist for letting his trainer get mauled by a goddamn bear. So it is with vindictive anger that he powers his slash, aiming right for the crux of shoulder and limb--

--only to sluice on through as though the Blaziken wasn’t there in the first place.

Lex’s Blaziken’s gut roiled in a disgusting, impossible-seeming fashion before its beak split and wave after wave of rancid, mucoid gunk spewed out. Mordekaiser, through sheer luck, followed through on his strike, so the gunk splattered against the back of his head, rolling down his neck and shoulders.

Onyx squinted, more miffed than confused. So she was underhanded. So what.

Mord wrenched around, splattering revolting ichor everywhere as he roared in anger and summoned a twister, right there on the spot, with the force of his turn.

garchomp is hit by sludge bomb and uses twister

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 19:31:28 GMT

The ILLUSION seemed to have fooled the Garchomp for a moment. It was stunned enough to barely avoid the SLUDGE BOMB regurgitated from the bird’s beak. Although strong against poison, the pokemon hoped it would burn through enough to be debilitating. Though they were equally matched in speed, the dragon’s strength far surpassed the ghost’s.

A TWISTER fueled by frustration and rage rose between the two pokemon. The forceful winds buffeted against the ILLUSION’s resolve. The façade broke, fading away to reveal the Hisuian Zoroark beneath. It wasn’t so much as an underhanded play, but a lesson in always expecting the unexpected.

Nova is thrown back by the Twister. Her sharp claws dug into the ground, slowly her progress and the lifeless, crimson eyes locked onto the Garchomp. Red faded to dark pick as she summoned psychic energy. The pokemon didn’t move, it seemed to just be staring. An unseen and unheard blast of potent energy aimed to overtake the Grachomp, bypassing the pokemon’s strong exterior and penetrating into its core.

+ The ILLUSION shatters when hit with TWISTER
+ H!Zororak uses EXTRASENSORY

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 1:23:07 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
Though his scales and rough skin protected him from the majority of the damage, here and there tracks of snot-green liquid would sluice through the protective covering to touch the skin beneath, causing the back of Mord’s head and neck bubbled in grotesque purple bulges.

His twister was spawned in a fit of rage, but it buys him a little time, a little breathing room; the illusion shatters, revealing the Zoroark beneath. Onyx expected as much, as soon as the Blaziken was revealed to be a red herring. It was less a purposeful deduction and more that he couldn’t think of any other Pokemon that could conjure up such a realistic illusion.

Mordekaiser doesn’t relent, crashing across the battlefield with heavy, angry steps. The Extrasensory needles into him, bypassing any sort of defense he might have, and he screams, a horrible, deafening sound. He violently shakes his head, saliva flying off his shining teeth, and, in an attempt to get out of dodge, he crashes his claws into the ground, digging furrow after furrow into the ground, rapidly clearing space enough to disappear into the floor.

garchomp is hit by extrasensory and uses dig

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 22:55:21 GMT

EXTRASENSORY pulses in waves from behind the ghostly Zoroark’s magenta eyes. She doesn’t feel her hit her mark, but the way the Garchomp collapses beneath the metaphorical weight of the attack curls the edge of her dark lips into a smile. Her fangs glisten a dull white in the fluorescence of the training arena. There’s no mistake that she relishes in the afflicted pain.

Mordekaiser tears at the ground, desperately trying to escape the invisible onslaught. As the dragon passes through the threshold, and Nova loses sight of the pokemon, the Exrtrasensory sharply stops, giving them relief.

A sharp, annoyed hiss escapes from between the canine’s snarl. The white tail twitches anxiously as she stands ready on her toes. She wants to follow the Garchomp through the burrow, but that would be a mistake. She wouldn’t stand a chance in the pokemon’s subterranean pathway.

A swirl of ghostly shadows fills the space between her taloned paws. Without sight, the Garchomp would have to rely on the vibrations within the ground. The SHADOW BALL launches out of her grasp and skids across the floor nearby, hoping to confuse the Garchomp into thinking she moved.

+ Nova fires a SHADOW BALL at the ground about 5 meters from her to try and confuse the Garchomp into thinking she has moved

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 1:35:50 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
It’s comical, really, the little hump of earth that Mord’s shark-like dorsal fin draws as he skitters beneath the earth, before he can really get deep enough to disappear.

Onyx’s own mouth twitches upwards in a smirk as the Zoroark looks around, frantic, for a moment. The shadow ball at the ground is a valid technique, except for it being made of shadows. It’s nowhere near heavy enough to emulate a real, physical body.

The ground erupts upwards as Mord launches himself into the sky, teeth gnashing, claws slashing and rending, to try to tear into the Zoroark, or snap her in his jaws and drag her downward.

attack turn of dig
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 4:49:26 GMT

Lex’s mouth curls into a scowl as the SHADOW BALL washes across the floor like a spilt bucket of water. It probably did just as much to distract the Garchomp. Nova would live and learn, that’s what training was for.

The ground erupted from beneath the Zoroarak, a terrifying dragon snarling and lashing out at its target. The ghost hissed, teeth bare and arms flailing as it was thrown off balance – easy picking.

The fox howled in pain as the sharp teeth sank into its arm, tearing strips of flesh aside much like the wound already prominent on the pokemon’s thighs and shoulders. Bright red blood stains the otherwise clean white coat. The ghost’s form shimmers in space, the feeling off flesh between teeth fading, although the metallic taste of blood remains.

Nova phases between realms, crawling into a shadow that stretches past the Garchomp. The Zoroarak’s claws tear out of the darkness, scraping against the ground like nails on a chalkboard as it pulls it’s wounds body up from the abyss of the shadow. Blood drips freely from its wounds, a deep crimson that matches the enraged glare in its lifeless eyes.

+ Nova is hit with DIG and is BIT
+ Nova uses SHADOW SNEAK to escape the Garchomp’s jaws before being dragged down

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 17:10:25 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
Shadows of Zoroark sluice between Mordekaiser’s teeth, like purple-tinged saliva. The strange colored Zoroark claws its way to survival, hunching up, coalescing, and turning to glare at Mord with angry, visceral-sharp bared teeth.

Mordekaiser screams, loud and primal, and launches himself forward in a take down, burning through all the space he'd just hard won.

garchomp uses take down
feel free to eviscerate him