HONEY

ALEC, CICI, VIOLET
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 10TH
LAVENDER TOWN, KANTO
PANSEXUAL
MAGICIAN & PRIVATE EYE
GRUNT
KILL YOUR DARLING IT'S JUST THAT EASY HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU THE WAY THAT HE SHOULD
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alecis
ALECIS SAMPERIO
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 7:12:38 GMT
ALECIS SAMPERIO Avatar
an attempt was made.
[break][break]that is all that could really be said, or could it?[break][break]
surprisingly enough, alecis's idea of coming down to petalburg city to expand jesse's business was seemingly a success. although it was a bit rude of her to assume - and even say out loud, mind you - that the nature-minglers of petalburg city likely needed a whole makeover with how small their community was, she was right on the money. and oh boy, did money come in.[break][break]
"do you need more shampoo?" alecis asked, wiping her brow. this was her way of making up for all the times she had been dragging jesse up and around. it was her idea to make a pop-up stand and start spreading the good work of his talents and people were coming in by the handfuls to get their split ends tended to and their whole wardrobes looked over. although they weren't too far from the city, it seemed many of them didn't care to really make the trek and so the stylist's job was quite appreciated here.[break][break]
going to already turn around and get another box of supplies from the local -mart, alecis paused only to make sure jesse didn't need something else from her. her three dittos were strangely dexterous, helping with scissors and other tools that jesse would need to work on a client with. the time that the two trainers spent together was shown through moments like these and the lavender woman couldn't help but laugh softly at this fact. "be sure to let me know how i can help."

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@jesse

A STAR IS BORN mission.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 20:50:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","howitempa1"]
[attr="class","howitempa2"]
[attr="class","howitempa3"] In the midst of scrambling about with his various influx of clients, he'd begun to run low on some supplies. A broken spritzer bottle had been one of the many victims lost that day, sadly enough. The moment Alecis declared that she'd take a trip to go fetch more supplies, the offer couldn't have come any sooner. Comb in one hand, he rested his free hand on his hip and shifted his weight a bit so he could lean down and get a proper look at the client he was working on in that moment. He stopped only to answer her question.

"Shampoo, another spray bottle, and the mousse is running low, too. You might want to consider getting some disposable gloves because Lila is looking to get her roots touched up and the dye can stain skin for quite some time."

Work left him in a mode that seemed serious and unperturbed. With the list of things given to his unexpected assistant, Jesse went straight back to the man in the seat before him. The gentleman chose to go from a man bun to a low fade. This left Jesse with plenty to work with. As he combed his fingers through the man's hair, he was displeased with the knots he found and began to work in some dry conditioner to work some of them free. As much as he'd love to simply shave right through them, he feared it would affect the quality of his razor. The time it took him to get to work and begin to chop away at the man's hair, he managed to get three-fourths of the way through everything before he noticed that Alecis' return came sooner than he expected.

"I don't mean to be conceited when I say this, but leave the work to me. You take care of the financial bit while I do the styling. Once I get the cuts out of the way, you can take care of the highlights, lowlights, and hair dye. They're the easiest, even a mentally ill teenaged girl could do them."

Not that he'd call Alecis a mentally ill teenaged girl. She was more of a... Mentally ill young woman. (Although she'd likely be quick to debate the title of 'young'.) Once he'd cut enough hair off of the man in the seat before him, Jesse took the electric razor carefully along the man's head and began to shave. Around the ears was where he remained the most careful, as he'd rather not deal with lobbing off a client's ear. Once everything was done, he brushed the man off carefully and took to sweeping.

"Feel free to send in the next client."

[newclass=.howitempa1]border:1px solid #222;background-color:#232323;width:380px;padding:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.howitempa2]margin-top:10px;font:10px Calibri;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.howitempa3]margin-top:15px;background-color:#121212;padding:10px;font:12px Calibri;color:#CCC;text-align:justify;[/newclass][newclass=.howitempa3 b]background:linear-gradient(to left, #444, #A680EA);-webkit-box-decoration-break:clone;color:#111;padding:1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.howitempa3 i]font-weight:bold;background:linear-gradient(to left, #444, #A680EA);background-clip:text;-webkit-background-clip:text;color:transparent;-webkit-box-decoration-break:clone;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

HONEY

ALEC, CICI, VIOLET
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 10TH
LAVENDER TOWN, KANTO
PANSEXUAL
MAGICIAN & PRIVATE EYE
GRUNT
KILL YOUR DARLING IT'S JUST THAT EASY HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU THE WAY THAT HE SHOULD
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alecis
ALECIS SAMPERIO
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 4:35:47 GMT
ALECIS SAMPERIO Avatar
alecis could feel a vein near her eyes throbbing in slight anger at what was said to her, but this only made her smirk in a crooked manner and squint her eyes a bit before nodding. she was the assistant for the day and she knew how to play the part a bit too well, following orders fluently without too much of a question despite the closeness she had with the ‘employer’. this day was about jesse and his business so she decided to play nice, unloading the supplies and turning around to let the next client forward while she tried to recall the last time she had done any professional styling of her own. while her hair was naturally the color it was, she couldn’t really contribute its upkeep to herself. she knew how to do basic highlights and things like that, but she feared being shoddy in comparison to a true blue stylist like jesse. while she spent a lot of time at his shop, she didn’t really know how to do his job. sure, she knew how to ghost his movements and knew the tools he used but it wasn’t like she was hirable in the least.[break]

the pressure was building in her mind and she could only smile as she let the next customer forward. some older woman had come forward, asking for a new hairdo as well. it seemed this ‘lila’ was to come later and alecis made a mental note of this, preparing herself for when she would have to step up to the plate.[break]

not wanting to waste time with questions, alecis took initiative to set up another chair - one for basic things like hair dying and washing/drying. soon enough, she had a customer in her chair and she took to work, bouncing off a ditto from jesse’s workstation to use for herself as means to hold clips in place while she got other ones and wraps to section hair. things seemed to be going smoothly enough so she let the customer sit while her hair was bleaching and alecis let out a small ‘please don’t fuck up’ to the world as she did so.

@jesse

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 5:00:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He felt awful for basically monitoring Alecis' movements within his shop but if she wanted to join him as she did, he had to help sort of guide her movements. At a later point, he'd happily show her how to properly trim hair, curling and straightening with heat, other hair chemicals like the ones to do perms -- there were all sorts of avenues they could go down, and that was just for his people customers. The pokemon that he helped style were a different act altogether. Thankfully for Alecis, he only took human customers this day. Pokemon were appointment only, as he didn't want other customers to possibly unnerve the pokemon in the styling seat.

"Now now, Alecis, don't be afraid to converse with your clients. Some of them have interesting stories to tell."

He beamed at this fact and soon turned to face the middle aged woman that made herself comfortable in his chair. No sooner did she get in the chair, Jesse threw something over her to cover her clothes from any hair that may fall on them as he gave her a trim. It wasn't long until the two started to get right into conversation. Jesse simply started off the conversation with a spiel of if the woman chose to get a new cut for herself or if she wanted to surprise a spouse. From there, the woman described that she was preparing for her 20th anniversary, and to that, Jesse gave a surprised look. Twenty years? Well that certainly was something to celebrate!

"Congratulations! My partner here and I here have known each other for a few years now, maybe if I'm lucky, it'll turn into an actual partnership and we may celebrate our 20th at some point," he threw in the tease at Alecis herself.

It seemed surprising that Jesse could multitask so well in his line of work. As he spoke, he'd begun to work on the hairstyle that the woman had requested: a textured bob. At least there, it would offer some lower maintenance than her current mid-back length hair. Hair was carefully trimmed and followed by thinning shears so he could offer some layers to it. The two continued to talk on about their lives as though they'd known each other for quite some time: that was Jesse's skill in his work, he had excellent interpersonal skills with others and made them feel welcomed in his shop.

close tab

played by

HONEY

ALEC, CICI, VIOLET
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 10TH
LAVENDER TOWN, KANTO
PANSEXUAL
MAGICIAN & PRIVATE EYE
GRUNT
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alecis
ALECIS SAMPERIO
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 21:34:29 GMT
ALECIS SAMPERIO Avatar
"right," alecis responded almost robotically. truthfully, she was an introvert but her line of work made her a functioning extrovert so it wasn't difficult to start razzing up the person before her - focusing solely on this woman as if she was the center of attention. it started with some compliments to her choice of color which started them down the typical 'oh, do you not dye your hair?' question alecis got more often than not when meeting new people. a freak of nature and genetics, alecis admitted her hair was naturally the color it was and she shared some more intimate stories about how it ran in her family which got some family stories in return. knowingly, alecis pressed for more about the customer's family since it was all too easy to go down that rabbit hole as she washed, dried, and assessed her work. the bleach had taken hold well and no patchiness or streaks were present so she gave a 'papa bless' really quickly before going to simply dry the customer's hair. while she wasn't trained in doing hairstyles, she figured she could at least leave the hair faintly moist for what jesse would want to do with her next. seeing her start conversing with jesse made her feel like her job was done for the time being, so she pushed on to the next individual - a younger man who seemed to be settling in the region due to it being quiet and peaceful.[break]
"must be nice having peace and quiet. i can't say i have much of that with this guy following me around," she teased out loud, obviously referring to jesse as she started the dying process - the man simply wanting to have a teal undertone to his black hair. this got a laugh out of the customer which made it easier to joke about, following up with some gossip about jesse himself though it was all in good fun and nothing that could tarnish his reputation when they were there, meaning to promote the shop.

@jesse

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 2:44:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Jesse turned to look at Alecis, almost as though he chose to feign shock at her playful banter. He merely asked this time around if she wanted to help him with work, she was the one who agreed to come. While he acted as though her words stung, he brushed them off with ease. Sometimes it did seem the two went nowhere without the other. As much as he didn't want to admit it out loud, he kind of liked the companionship the two of them had formed. Though if he outright said that to her, especially now, it would be used as fuel to continue the onslaught of teasing him.

He and his current client began to chat about other details, most of it focused on the meteoroid news that had shook the region to the core. As much as he wanted to have an opinion on the matter, he could only shrug his shoulders. He left the serious threats up to the League. Besides, what could a simple hairstylist do except do what he could to make sure his business stayed in one piece? His words fell rather curt and objective, but at least he was honest about the situation. Why worry when there was nothing he could do? Once his last client was finished, he carefully blew off the excess hair with a blow dryer and then took them to the counter to charge them. Once he was wrapped up with that bit, he turned to Alecis and leaned against the counter.

"If you want some peace and quiet, I can disappear for a little bit," he teased. "That fellow in the chair should be the last customer."

Despite his teasing words, he remained in the shop and carefully began to take inventory on what he needed to replenish from the shop. He wasn't expecting all of these people to flood in, but he supposed word of mouth got around. When people spoke highly of his work, it drove in new customers. And how lucky he was that most if not all of them remained pleased.

"But my goodness, do you really want some peace and quiet? I figured we were still in the honeymoon phase of our relationship," he teased again.

close tab

played by

HONEY

ALEC, CICI, VIOLET
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 10TH
LAVENDER TOWN, KANTO
PANSEXUAL
MAGICIAN & PRIVATE EYE
GRUNT
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alecis
ALECIS SAMPERIO
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 4:57:56 GMT
ALECIS SAMPERIO Avatar
"please don't misunderstand, this wackjob is not my partner - let alone my boss ... officially, anyway," alecis started as she washed out the dye that had been setting in the customer's raven locks. the undertone had taken effect quite easily - a simple job to finish the onslaught of people who wished to be taken care of by capable hands. this little spot didn't seem to have much of a need for a stylist or two and having both alecis and jesse spawn themselves in with the promise of makeovers was apparently overwhelmingly popular with the people. alecis did little to resist the way the word had spread like wildfire and merely gave herself a pat on the back for the good idea and for being at least some help in a realm of expertise she knew little about. practice would make perfect, she assumed, and she had a lot of time to spend at the shop considering jesse was basically a center of work for her already - most customers being there for either of them and sometimes even both of them.[break]
"all set," alecis sounded off, saluting in a playful manner at jesse as to sign off the day as the last customer bounced off with a new pep in his step. "for someone who just has a little bit of green in their hair now, he seems really happy," the rocket member judged out loud once the man was out of earshot. "do you get a lot of these kind of people?" she asked as if she didn't know already, being a parasite who would not pull itself out of the shop even if jesse wanted her to.

@jesse

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 4:27:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Oh most certainly," he admitted.

Sometimes a fresh cut could do a lot for people, whether it be an increase in confidence or simply an attempt to try something new. He felt touched some folks opted to put full trust in him to give them the perfect look. Perhaps there was a sentimentality for his job where he appreciated customers who appreciated him. After all, they kept his dream going. Jesse grabbed a broom and began to sweep the hardwood floors around his workstation. It didn't take him too long given he tried to sweep in between each customer, but he remained thorough nonetheless, even offering Alecis' workstation a once over.

"Maybe next time, I can be your lovely assistant in a magic show," he teased. "You know you want the chance to saw me in half."

Thinking on it, magic was what caused the two to cross paths. He was the poor sucker who fell for a sleight of hand trick, but he was smart enough to not fall into the trick of playing again and losing more of his money. But it didn't stop him from giving her setup a visit here and there. As he leaned back against the counter, he eyed the violet haired magician with a twinkle in his eye.

"I'd like to come to one of your shows sometime, I want to see the magician in her element since you got to see me, the stylist, in my own element."

close tab

played by

HONEY

ALEC, CICI, VIOLET
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 10TH
LAVENDER TOWN, KANTO
PANSEXUAL
MAGICIAN & PRIVATE EYE
GRUNT
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alecis
ALECIS SAMPERIO
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 3:53:15 GMT
ALECIS SAMPERIO Avatar
"would you?"[break]
it wasn't like it hadn't crossed alecis's mind, but having jesse as a ready assistant would make her show have a competitive edge when compared to other shows that had set up shop around her. there was a shortage of people ready to partake in her trickery and misdirection, given it took the majesty out of being a mere spectator and the fact that the pay for just being a pretty face wasn't exactly that high. alecis accepted this offer with both her hands shaking one of jesse's, giving him a wink. "don't pretend to not remember you telling me this later, ok?" she urged, chuckling at the idea of indeed sawing the man in half in a 'freak accident.' at times, he really merited such a thought, but she supposed he was ok at times like these.[break]
"shall we head home then, boss?" she joked, extending a hand to jesse as she finished up packing up the materials and the set as a whole. the two of them would be going different ways to their respective homes, but she also found it in herself to ask for a bit more of his time: "i didn't have time to cook dinner today so maybe you wanted to go eat together?"

@jesse

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 4:05:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Oh? Wanting to bask in more of my time?"

And just like that, he was back in his element.

Jesse made quick work of wiping down the counters as he pondered just where they could go. Sure, they both had made plenty of money that day, but since he'd pulled Alecis into the fray of it all, he felt obligated to cover her half as a treat and a thank you. Once he placed all the various combs into their homes and pulled any stray hairs from the blade guards of his razor, Jesse gave the workspaces a nod of approval. If he felt compelled to clean more, he could come in the next day and tidy up his shop. In hindsight, if he were to make space for more clients, it wouldn't hurt to dedicate himself to a deep cleaning of the place. Seemed he booked himself for the next day.

"I've got you covered. Thanks for your help, I would've been drowning without you," he reassured the lavender haired magician.

As if to highlight just how chummy the two were, Jesse placed an arm around her shoulders and lead her out of the shop. Once they came to the door, he turned off the lights and opened it for Alecis to walk out first. He followed close behind and locked up behind them. While he'd taken care of the haircut portion of his work, Alecis made fine work of the dyes and the like. It admittedly cut his work in half, and he appreciated it more than words could describe. With such appreciation, he figured he'd pick something new for the two of them to try. As they continued off, he rambled on to his unwilling listener.

"How about we try the new place inspired by Galar? It's a curry-themed place and I'm curious to try what makes their curry any different from here, Kanto, or Johto."

[thread end]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,994 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
‹ calling cards › [m]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 0:31:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@jesse