7 posts
Cole Douglas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cole
Cole Douglas
Fist full of coins [M]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2022 19:46:03 GMT
Cole Douglas Avatar
Cole did not enjoy being tricked. Well, no one does but it is especially painful to Cole. His entire career is built on trickery; in order to survive in his world he had to keep track of every possible scheme, scam, and hoax in the universal book of tricks. Counterfeit money is one of the easiest tricks to catch, especially when it came to Poke coins. The modern world has long ago adapted to pointing out fake currency. Yet somehow, someone managed to pull the wool over his eyes--and he was less than enthused.

The perpetrator in question requested to pay back Cole in physical coins, which was the first red flag. Cole's mistake was overconfidence, he allowed this condition because he was certain the fucker would attempt to trick him--and then he could have some fun by showing the poor fool what a poor choice that was. The problem was though--the coins were legitimate. They passed every possible test, there was nothing wrong with them. Impressed, Cole thought the story would end there and he would just roll up the coins and turn them in.

Yet as he brought them to his local POG bank, it would be discovered that all of the Mint Marks on the coins were pushed in instead of poking out. Cole did not even notice. His humiliation and rage was inconceivable, and after clearing everything up with the bank Cole set out to get his revenge.

It was rare for Cole to actually use Rocket assets, after all he joined their ranks more for the operation convenience rather than to actually work with them. Yet this circumstance called for drastic measures. He did not just want the perpetrator to learn a lesson, he wanted to make them hurt. Who better to make that happen then a career criminal. Rocket's roster was sizable, there had to be at least one among them that could accomplish what Cole desired.

Luckily he did not need to look too far; after asking around it became pretty clear that a certain was the man to turn to when you needed someone to suffer. Cole attempted to contact Dorian through Rocket channels, inviting him to tea at a Slateport cafe. He was not sure if he would show up, but Cole nevertheless patiently waited with tea in hand and a smile on his face.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
700 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Fist full of coins [M]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2022 20:04:24 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Ever since Rocket changed up their tactics, it was rare that the Mad Dog got a chance to stretch his legs. Sure, his work with lesser gangs did occasionally get exciting, but even that dried up over time. So when a loanshark with Rocket connections sought him out, Dorian knew all too well what he wanted.

Dorian, in a bright white and baby blue suit, with shades on his face, walked into the cafe. Upon spotting the other man, he'd take a seat at the table, taking his shades off to reveal that he had covered up his scar, as usual.

"Mr. Douglas? I'm Jonathon Burk. I hear you have work for me?", Dorian inquired to the man, offering him a handshake.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
February 29th
Down South
Omnisexual
Talent Agent/Lawyer
Grunt
Now you're a star, vain avatar
awards
7 posts
Cole Douglas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cole
Cole Douglas
Fist full of coins [M]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 14:49:01 GMT
Cole Douglas Avatar
As "Jonathan" sat down, Cole peered at him wistfully. The way hos eyes moved up and down with that cocky little smile on his face might make someone assume Cole was checking them out. Not so, he was sizing up his visitor. Attempting to read him, see if he was up to the task. It did not take much to convince Cole that this guy was the real deal. You could see it in his eyes, Mister Burk was just the monster Cole needed.

Cole's smirk grew into a grin, his hand reaching out to shake Jonathan's. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance." Cole's tone was his usual cocktail of dignified smarmy cruelty, a sign he felt comfortable around whoever he was speaking with.

Once their greeting was done, Cole cut right to the chase. He would rather not dwell on this for longer than he needed to. After a brief pause, he would share the details.

"I have a--friend, who has--barrowed a great deal of money from me. Without permission. How much would you charge to teach him that his actions have dire consequences?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
700 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Fist full of coins [M]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 16:06:28 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Ah yes, payment~", the man chimed, before discussing his terms with the loanshark.

LATER THAT NIGHT

As Dorian awaited the arrival of the loanshark, he would hum an innocent tune to himself. Contrasting this were the muffled pleas and incoherent grunts of the unfortunate man, strapped to a table, mouth thoroughly sealed with duct tape. Though he was bruised and battered, Dorian went relatively easy on the man, compared to most of his victims. But this wasn't mercy, his real punishment would begin as soon as his employer entered the warehouse.

tags:
notes: tl;dr