Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
Someone's always criticizing. You might as well do what the fuck you want.
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Hit Me Like One of Your Kalosian Girls [M]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 6:11:36 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar

As a child, daddy’s perfect princess had spent a lot of time in places like this. Her mother’s only act of rebellion that the girl could remember, honestly. Just a few hours of karate lessons every Wednesday night. But those gatherings had been the best part of her childhood. While punching wood and tousling, she didn’t have to worry about stupid society shit. No one here cared what fork she used, how she tied her shoes, or how well she could attract some vapid, wealthy moron.

Unfortunately, life had gotten between her and martial arts for a while. She made a hundred excuses about why she didn’t go back. The store kept her too busy. Someone told her she had a warrant. But, in truth, some part of her didn’t think she deserved it. When she’d been a kid, every minute in her gi made her feel like a superhero. Nowadays, it just made her feel like she’d let her sensei down.

She’d been on her way to nationals and, suddenly, vanished.

Something this week, however, made her want to get back into the figurative ring. That’s why—with the smell of old tackle shop still clinging to her—she made her way to the nicest gym on her side of town. Earlier this week, she’d picked up a membership.

As always, her Obstagoon toddled behind. In place of his typical chips, he munched on a pack of extra spicy mushroom jerky. This she took away as they neared the now empty boxing ring. “You promised to spar. The food can wait until after we’ve swept your teeth off the floor.” A snicker erupted from the badger’s chest as he ducked under the ropes. The offer of gloves and a helmet were turned aside.

After a few stretches—and trading her shirt for a high-powered sports bra—the two went at it. Though rusty at first, it didn’t take her long to get back into the swing of things. The Obstagoon didn’t seem too bothered, even as a powerful kick threatened to break through his obstruct. “You can hit me back, you know? It’s sexist if you don’t.” The Obstagoon frowned at his trainer and stood back up. One clawed fist balled up as he punched her shoulder, with all the force of a ticklish Cutiefly.

"What the heck was that?" The badger muttered something to himself, deciding to abandon the ring. This stuff wasn’t really his style anyway. He'd grab a smoothie or something.

Shaking her head irritably, Madd turned to survey the crowd for a new partner.

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,311 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 16:55:16 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]cyg hadn’t taken real martial arts lessons but her high school biology teacher had been an mma fighter and held a woman’s self defense class one sunday a month. that and a lot of movies. lots and lots of movies.

she had wiped the floor with but that wasn’t saying much, the poor twink.

after joining Rocket and summarily being passed over for active duty she’d been going to the gym more frequently and actually found it super fun and relaxing. kicking the shit out of people was so great.

she weasled through a small crowd to the locker room to get changed. on her way back out she passed a ring where a girl was beating on her obstagoon, who didn’t seem to give a fuck. the ‘goon dipped and the girl said something in frustration.

Cyg peeked up through the ropes.

“need a sparring partner?”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
[attr="class","thadpoke"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 4:53:48 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar

Up went the strings on the outside of the ring. “Don’t you even—” The copper-haired girl started as the Obstagoon stuck a foot onto the padding on the ring’s corner. “Goon.” Two fingers lifted in a sloppy salute as he freed himself from the ring. “That’s not cool, dude.!” Madeline called after him. But the fight was gone. The badger was a stubborn guy.

Just because Yakuza looked intimidating didn’t mean he liked getting punching people. Especially not his person. He liked watching movies and loafing on the beach. Turning into a roids monster was far from the top of his list. Red eyes fixed on the vending machine at the other side of the gym. One that only looked like it was full of yummy shit.

With a shrug and a huff, Madeline turned to look at the new combatant. Her lips spread in an easy smile. The tall girl moved to tug open the ropes. “I’d love one.” Her attention shifted briefly to the Obstagoon. Though annoyed, the affection in her gaze was clear. That Pokemon had taken a literal bullet for her. “My buddy’s not much of a fighter.”

Across the gym, the Obstagoon made a selection. Judging by his glower, he wasn’t exactly impressed by the selection. How the hell did these weirdos sweat for hours and want a fricking bag of saw dust with a side of raisins? Who actually liked oat cakes? The trail bar he grabbed was the only thing with chocolate.

A hand was offered down to the other girl to help her into the ring.“My name’s Madeline—Madd.” Technically, it was Madeline and like two bougie middle names. But that wasn’t something she ever wanted to share. “You?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,311 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 17:04:13 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]Cyg grinned, using the offered hand to hoist herself up to the ring proper. She slipped between the ropes.

“I got a few of those.” ‘Mons that would rather eat or sleep than really, really fight. Sure, they might get serious under pressure, in the thick of things, or if Cyg was in danger. But as a rule, they preferred not to get their hands dirty.

“Nice to meet you, Madd. I’m Cyg.”
She popped her hips back and forth, flexing her spine and stretching a bit. “Legally you are required to disclose if you’re a highly trained super-assassin or something before you beat me up.” Her tone was light and joking.

[attr="class","thadtag"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 3:08:29 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar

The redhead stepped back as she pulled, trying to stay out of the way of her new partner. “I’d say the same, but I only have a couple.” Copper eyes traced her Obstagoon’s form appraisingly. “He’s taken a bullet for me, but he won’t throw a punch.“ She shook her head, wishing she had a cigarette. “Guy’s chivalrous, I guess?” Though the idea of him as some chivalrous knight was hilarious. “Still, I wouldn’t change it.” Annoying as it was, Yakuza was her best (read: only) friend.

The introduction was met with a quirked brow. And she thought her name sucked. The real one, anyway. Being Madd was pretty cool. “Like cigarette? Or, uh, with a y? Like the bird?” That was a swan thing, wasn’t it? She remembered her Aunt Brenna throwing that word around a couple of times. Either way, she wouldn’t want that as her namesake. Swans were assholes. Stuck up, preppy assholes. They were like fancy geeze.

While Cygne stretched, the ginger took to tightening her gloves. The stupid things tended to flop loose after too long. And the last thing she wante was to end up punching a strange bare-fisted. That was a whole other level of aggressiveness. The woman’s next words drew a snort. “Oh, yeah? Same goes for you too, you know?” She gave her left foot a shake. “I used to be a black belt, but I haven’t really practiced in—” Well, she couldn’t use her fingers like this, unless she wanted things to stop at four. "A while."

“Ladies first.” The redhead gestured to herself. “Gorillas second.” Madd bowed as she settled into a more defensive stance, her hands in front of her face.

Snacks in hand, the badger made his way to a bench just outside the ring. Crunch!

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,311 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 13:44:49 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]"I got a few of those, too," Cyg said, "I think. Hopefully. Not a fun thing to find out in the moment, huh?"

This would be pertinent later.

"Taken a bullet? Past tense? Gnarly." She rolls her shoulders back and shifts her neck side to side. "What do you do that puts you in the line of fire?" She freezes. "You're not a cop, are you?"

She was going to say age before beauty but Madd beat her to it. "Right." She bowed back, a little stiff and awkward because she didn't really do it often. She thought about how to approach this and then stepped forward into Madd's space and went straight for her knees.

[attr="class","thadtag"]
going for the knee wrap take down
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 4:13:03 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
The redhead smiled at the Obstagoon-fondness apparent in every gaze. “He’s the only one as far as I know. Though he’d shank someone for some potato chips.” She’d seen the badger duel a vending machine when his bag of Doritos got stuck. “He’s not too bad, though. He’ll fight when he has to.” Like on the battlefield.

But punching his best friend in the face for zero reason? Nope. “Finding out you’ve got a pacifist mid-fight though? Yikes.” Hopefully, they could both avoid that mess. Her other Pokemon were pretty scrappy. The Magcargo and Ampharos were downright savages. Then, of course, there was Helen. The tree-chopping Pinsir loved seeing what her horns could chop through.

“Yeah.” Madd sighed. While now the situation was exasperating, she’d been scared shitless at the time. The guy’s hands had been shaking like leaves. The look in his eyes reminded her of a Rhyhorn about to charge. “Some weirdo thought he’d make bank robbing a bait and tackle shop.” Most people came there for earthworms, not jewelry and shit. “When I went to give him the cash, he got spooked.”

A Linoone at the time, Yakuza had been growling at the counter. He took the bullet in his right shoulder, evolving before he hit the ground. Then, with a sharp right hook, he knocked the asshole’s lights out. At the other girl’s nerves, Madd smirked. “And what if I am a cop? Not a fan of blue?” Her expression was full of mirth. She hadn’t always been on the right side of the law either.

The redhead moved gently from foot to foot as if the mat was hot. As Cugne dove, she stepped diagonally, hoping to see Cygne kiss the mat. With his hands deep in a snack bag, Yakky pumped a fist in the air. From this angle, you could see the star-shaped scar the bullet had left behind.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]

NOTES

• Arrives on the scene with Yakuza out
  • Thinks her Rockets are crazy for attacking the Good Boy
  • Yakky used Obstruct in hopes of blocking the avalanche and weakening Chien-Pao

[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

TAG GOES HERE[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AF6D28; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #D89654; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #CC7D2F;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #191919;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #CC7D2F;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights