Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
Someone's always criticizing. You might as well do what the fuck you want.
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 6:17:06 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar

Madeline McKenna stared suspiciously at the Obstagoon next to her. Somehow the fuzzy terminator had acquired a bag of ranch-flavored nachos. One she didn’t remember picking up. Copper eyes narrowed. Up went the eyebrow. “You did pay for those, right?” In way of response, one big paw smacked into the badger’s chest, his muzzle twisting into an expression of stunned disbelief.

‘Who me?’ The Pokémon oozed from its every pore.

Shaking her head, chuckling to herself, the redhead turned away. Sure, the guy had an allowance (and a wage), but he didn’t really care about money. In the wild, you just took what you wanted. Screw morals and ethics. Not willing to lose it over a bag of chips, the ginger’s scold came by way of an offhanded comment. “Don’t come crying to me when that cashier makes you into a rug.”

Yakuza stuck his tongue out at her before using it to scoop a chip out of the air-filled bag. “Eew, dude. That's gross.” The woman shook her head in disgust as she turned down a narrow alley. She lifted her hand to wave at a passerby, careful to avoid the fire escape above her. Then, suddenly, the world filled with noise and static.

The sky above—suddenly unnervingly visible—rippled with a dark violet light. And those buildings? That rusty old ladder? Gone. “Oh, shit.” Madd swallowed nervously. This wasn’t good. “Yakky, where the hell are we?” Something screeched above, its long shadow visible, resembling one of the fossils her little cousin collected.

A chill ran down the woman’s spine, even her six-foot-two frame feeling tiny in comparison. “Make that when.”

Turning over her shoulder, the trainer realized she wasn’t alone. Which, to be fair, could be a good thing. “You, uh, all right over there?"

If she had to guess, she'd fallen into some sort of wormhole. Maybe that’d teach the shithead not to steal.

CRUNCH! Or, maybe not.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
am i running out of lifelines?
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 18:53:06 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","wownew"]
[attr="class","wownewtag"]
[attr="class","wownewmain"]sy hadn’t yet the displeasure of experiencing hoenn’s bizarre space-time shifting shitfests and he considered himself lucky for that fact.

his luck was about to run out.

he’d just been picking up some groceries for his last minute end of the world friendsgiving he was hosting when the world around him turned into a giant soap bubble. sound became muted and rainbow ligning split the air.

one second he was looking around with vermillion chirping nervously in his ear and the next he was flying through space. there was a loud crack as he crashed into something hard and his vision went dark for a minute.

some time (seconds, minutes, hours?) later and someone was speaking. symon blinked his eyes open, peering up, bleary.

“d-dottie?” he asked, voice hoarse, head throbbing, wondering what his big sister was doing here.

[attr="class","wownewpoke"]
[newclass=.wownew] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.wownewmain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.wownewtag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.wownewtag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownewpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 4:47:06 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar

This place reminded her of a bad acid trip. Or, well, the only acid trip she had. Though even if it was ‘good,’ it wasn’t something she wanted to repeat. Beyond the shadows of the rift, shadows moved. Warped, twisted calls of something long historical filtered in through stormforce winds. Every hair on her body stood on end like a cat in a thunderstorm.

Shocked by the change, her Obstagoon lost his grip on his bag of fried cardiac arrest. The crinkle seemed somehow deafening in their false sanctuary. “Goon…” History and stuff had never been his thing, but he knew modern society didn’t just have dinosaurs. They had to be revived and shit.

With all of this to observe, it took Madd a minute to spot the prone body behind her. Her eyes widened as she separated clothes from the gravel below her. Concern punched through her censorship. “Oh! Shit.” Ignoring her own shopping, the redhead approached Symon. Just as she was about to prod him ith her foot, the man stirred. Madd jumped back about ten feet. Definitely not one of her proudest moments.

Instead of trying to eat her brain though, the guy just blinked wearily at her. And then called her the wrong name. “Not quite, bud.” She smiled, offering him a muscular hand. “I’m Madeline—” Wow. This place really was throwing her off. Madd..”

Her attention shifted as something sparked against the outside of the dome. “I don’t suppose you have a lot of experience getting sucked into the time-space continuum?” God, this wasn’t an emergency school ever prepared her for. She doubted putting a book over her head would do anything to stop an angry Gallade. Or, worse yet, a sexist mob llooking to burn the witch.

“Do we just stay put or..?” The Obstagoon drew closer to his trainer, his raised hackles made him look like something out of a 101 Dalmatians film.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 21:41:51 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","wownew"]
[attr="class","wownewmain"]Symon was still very out of it and very confused. The strange haze in the air and distant sounds of far-away lightning were not helping. He closed his eyes in a long wince, pushing up the wall he’d cracked against, back grating against the brick.

“Why-- why are you mad, Dot?” he asked, even though talking hurt and grinding his teeth against the pain hurt more. "D-didn't mean to hurt myself, honest."

Dorothea sometimes got grumpy when Sy was rambunctious. It was her job to take care of him, after all.

His Comfey tittered disapprovingly and began blowing faintly-pink streaks of aromatherapy over her trainer. Their little nook of an alley started to smell like salt wind and beach sand and coconut sunblock.

It helped a little. Sy reached up to feel gently at the back of his head. His fingers came away damp with blood.

“Oops.”

[newclass=.wownew] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.wownewmain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.wownewtag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.wownewtag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownewpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 3:16:30 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar

Uh-oh. The redhead thought. This guy’’s cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Her hands delved inside her pockets, as if afraid the madman would bite her fingers off. Obviously, this kind of situation wasn’t exactly Madd’s strongsuit. While she was happy to give a shoulder to cry on, she didn’t really feel like she knew what to say. The first time freaked out on her, Madd froze. While she’d said comforting things, it hadn’t been easy.

The redhead took a deep breath. She really wished she’d bought a box of cigarettes. Gods knew when she’d get her next nicotine fix. “I’m not upset, bud.” Madd said, trying her best to be reassuring. She avoided looking at the Obstagoon beside her. His face would likely look like he’d just spotted a red assed baboon. “My name’s Madeline. Madd for short.” Her voice softened. “No big, dude.” She shrugged. That fall could have messed us both up.” She’d just happened to have her feet the right way.

The clouds of pink were wafted across the ultra landscape. The smell, calming in her panic, drew Madeline right into its spray. She took a few deep breathes of eau du English rose garden. It made her think of home and happier times. One of the rare times her father actually showed pride in her. “Phew.” The nerves lessened as her heart slowed from runaway train to gallop. This aroma was almost as good as cigarette. Almost.

That ease ended when his hands came back slick with red. “Ah, shit.” Without giving it a second thought, Madd offered her coat to him. “Can you dab it off with that? Have a water type who can help clean it?” Maybe that miracle flower thing had some kind of healing powder? She turned away from the blood. Horror movies were one thing but this? “Ugh. I’m sorry, man. You got the wrong cousin.”

Not liking the vicinity to the loony bin, Yakuza moved towards the outer barrier of the rift. A claw prodded it briefly before slowly pushing through. Shit feels like jelly.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 0:27:45 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","wownew"]
[attr="class","wownewmain"]The person who was his big sister but also wasn’t his big sister-- he was coming to realize this-- said she wasn’t angry. Sy let his head thunk back against the brick, wincing again. God, what would it take for the world to stop spinning?!

“S-sorry,”
he said again, “I-- hit my head pretty hard. You look like my sister.” He makes a vague gesture at his chin, accidentally smearing blood on it. “Same haircut. And color.”

He pushed her coat away with his clean hand and pulled his shirt up with the other, managing to summon the wherewithal and coordination to get it off and wrap it tightly around his head, like the world’s messiest turban.

“I haven’t been in one of these, either, but from what I’ve read--,” every HBS article on it, to support --“--as long as you watch out for flying objects-- or people--,” he said, on a laugh, “--and they don’t spawn massive, angry Alpha Pokemon, we should be okay to just… wait it out.” It was remarkably coherent, despite his speech still slurring slightly.

He pressed his broad shoulders against the wall behind him and leveraged himself to standing, bare skin scraping on the brick. Luckily his traps were fucking huge.

“I’m Symon,”
he said, considering holding out his hand and then thinking twice. “Sy.” The world wobbled dangerously and he had to lean back against the wall to regain any semblance of upright positioning.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 1:49:59 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
Honestly, she’d been called worse than someone’s sister. A lot worse. Mostly by her dad.

And it wasn’t like the confusion was unjustified. If someone told her Symon was her dad’s bastard child, Madd would have bought it. At the talk of his mishap, her eyes drifted to the mess on the back of his head. “I can see that.” A quick dig in her pocket didn’t reveal anything that could help the poor guy’s head. Just five or six crumpled receipts from the latest cigarette run.

In response to his apology, the redhead shrugged. “Don’t worry about it, man. She sounds pretty dope.” So, she’d take the hallucination as a compliment. Or, at least, try to. Hopefully, this guy liked his sister. The fact that the slapstick routine had chilled out Yakuza somewhat was pretty welcome too. For such a big beefy badger, he was an awfully big chicken. Even the black-and-white horror flicks made him jump.

Honestly, Madd was glad he pushed the coat away. The last thing she wanted was to get it contaminated with some strange dude’s blood. That was how you ended up with AIDS or, worse, framed for murder in a crappy mystery novel.

Well, there went the crossed fingers. She hadn’t ended up with a timeline surfer. “I guess it could be worse.” She lifted her gaze to the landscape outside. “I don’t see any red-eyed freaks out there. Just a bunch of—” Her amber eyes narrowed at the shadows. “--trees.” At least there were no people around. In most parts of history, one of. Depending on when they were, someone might try to burn them at the stake.

As he rose, the redhead watched him with concern, ready to swoop in if he staggered. “I’m not Dot.” The redhead tried to smile. “You think you’ll be all right, bud? You look a little…drunk.”
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 20:31:48 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","wownew"]
[attr="class","wownewmain"]She didn’t seem too offput now that she understood what he was on about-- which made sense. If some random stranger fell out of the sky on Sy and started acting like they knew each other, he’d be pretty confused, too.

“She, uh.” His smile got a little thin as he rubbed at the back of his neck. “She definitely has a way about her, that’s for sure.” They hadn’t spoken in a while. Sy was pretty distant from all of his family.

Madd-- he’s realizing that’s her name-- said the coast was clear and it didn’t look like anything was going to swoop in and eat them… yet.

“I’ll be fine,” he said, placing a palm on the wall behind him to leverage himself up and away from it. “Not my first hit to the head.” He definitely needed to go to the doctor ASAP, though, for concussion safety protocols. An ex-athlete, Sy was never one to fuss about with head injures. “Where-- when? Do you think we are?”

Suddenly the world began to swirl around them, the air taking on that soap-bubble miasma once more. The safe alley they were ensconced in dissipated to be replaced by rolling, open hills. A chill wind blew over Sy’s bare chest. There was a sound like a burst of static, the flash of close-by lightning without the actual bolt, somehow--

--looming over them was a massive, hovering Alakazam, with leering red eyes.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:11:38 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Up went a ginger brow. A way about her, huh? The way he said that reminded her of a Karen saying ‘bless your heart.’ In other words, it definitely wasn’t meant to be a compliment. “Not on the best terms, I take it?” Her shoulders lifted in a shrug. “Family’s hard.” Amber eyes temporarily filled with empathy. Though her, mom, and her baby brother got along pretty well, dad was a monster. He might get on his high horse about terrorism, but he was a lot scarier than the confused kids she knew in Rocket.

[break][break]

“No need to act all macho, pal.” Madd cautioned as Sy leveraged himself to his feet. One of her arms stretched out, ready to prevent an embarrassing fall. Though plenty tall herself, she felt small in comparison. “Just take it easy.” She’d taken a few kicks to the head in training. Then, there’d been the time she’d clocked her face on a marble countertop. “I know you’re head’s probably spinning right now.” The swirling maelstrom probably wasn’t helping.

[break][break]

The question was met with a frown. “Definitely the past. I’ve never seen this much greenery before.” Her eyes swept across all the plants. None of them looked like something out of Jurassic Park or anything. And, a quick glance didn’t reveal any giant bugs. “Beyond that, I don’t—” The bubble around them popped. The Obstagoon moved to hide beyond his trainer with a red-eyed glare. She shivered in her coat as a nasty wind blew through. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end.

[break][break]

A bright light flashed. Noises suddenly flooded in, no longer deadened by the protective bubble. “That’s not good.” Her eyes lifted to the floating psychic type as it readied an attack. Its spoons gleamed like crossed swords. “Nope.”

[break][break]

She gestured her Obstagoon forward, her fists balling up into impotent fists at her side. “Hit it with a—” Shit, what was super effective against these guys? She wasn’t the trainer in the family. “--try a—just hit it!” Was she panicking? Just a little.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#c87a28;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.3); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 14:41:30 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","wownew"]
[attr="class","wownewmain"]The Alakazam regarded them with a soulless coldness, and it was this that gave them a brief reprieve. Despite its aggression, it clearly thought of them as beneath it, and so that bought them a little bit of time.

Time for Vermillion to throw herself into the fray with a high-pitched, angry shrieking that made Sy reach for his ears. The Comfey conjured up a storm of petals, whipping and swirling like a tornado’s funnel cloud, a cacophony of colors that surrounded the Alakazam, temporarily blocking it from view.

“Dark, bug, and ghost!”
Sy said, the innate need in him to be stupidly self-sacrificial causing him to step forward in front of Mad. “They’re weak to dark, bug, and ghost!”

Seconds later a pink-hued beam shot forward through the petal blizzard, the psybeam scattering the petals and narrowly missing Vermillion by passing through the center of her ring.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 1:15:29 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
Sure, she liked horror movies and stuff. But this was a whole other sort of scary. Madd felt the tension between the three of them pull to the point of breaking. She held her breath as if this floating beast thrived on carbon monoxide.

Maybe she could try talking to it? Throw out some old English or something? "Hey, pal, we really did not mean to—" Judging by the way it sneered at her, it wasn't exactly into socializing. Before she could think of another angle, the Comfey broke the truce.

"Right. Got it." Bug was the one she forgot about. Since it was practically useless in most situations unless your opponent had a bee allergy or something. Still, be good to remember since she fucking hated these puppet master bastards.

Amber eyes turned to Yakuza. In place of his normally dorkish grin, he wore a determined expression. "Dark, we can handle." With a deep growl, Yakuza unleashes a Snarl on the Alakazam. The air around his muzzle transforms into shadows as dozens of rugged sound waves stream toward the floating Alakazam.

Madd moved immediately to pull Symon out of the way. "Look, the whole knight thing is cute and all." The redhead started. "But you should probably get back. You already broke your skull today."

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]

[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AF6D28; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #D89654; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #CC7D2F;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #191919;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #CC7D2F;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Not in Kalos Anymore [M]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 0:43:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: