awards
1,683 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Secret Grottos and Forest Critters [Gym]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 17:34:48 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Surviving the near death of her region had given Andrea lots to think about. Lots of grief, lots of repressed trauma, lots of second thoughts. Seeking any form of distraction, she remembered about this thing called the Gym challenge that she was supposed to be taking. Her last bout at 's Gym a while back had taught her lots about Pokémon battling. However, this time things would be a bit different...

As the dragon-costumed girl approached the secretive woods that lay just outside of Mauville City, she was filled with a mixture of dread and wonder. It seemed that this challenge wouldn't put her battling skills to the test, but her ability to survive in the wilderness. For a young woman who dreamed of shedding her human skin and becoming a Pokémon, this was right up her alley!

Almost immediately upon entering the forest, the young PokéManiac was confronted by a colossal tree that dwarfed everything else in the area. A few rays of heavenly light seeped in through the tree's thick foliage, illuminating the bright green moss that covered its ancient roots. "Whoa, that tree's the size of a dozen Onix!" Andrea remarked, squarely in awe.
//non-traditional (forest of secrets)
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 10:45:03 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]FOREST OF SECRETS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

non-traditional

With the whole problem of the meteorite effectively zapped into another world, it's back to business at Eden's Grotto. Pokemon skitter through the woods as they've always done, joy and life springing through the forest that spreads beyond what one can see.[break][break]

A few pause to look at the stranger that approaches the tree, their squeaks of curiosity and perhaps fear or surprise echoing as the little ones jump and scurry about. The ones that seem the most interested are the dragons that flit about, daring Dreepies and Drakloaks carefully floating up to whilst several Haxorus and Tyrantrum keep their young close. There are even Goomies and Jangmo-os that think she looks rather strange, carefully walking circles around her as they try to make sense of this new pokemon in their midst?[break][break]

"You have a rather convincing disguise... I almost had a hard time differentiating you from the dragons." There is a smile to her words, a cheeriness that surrounds this gym leader as she looks at how the pokemon crowd.[break][break]

"Perhaps, you'd be interested in letting one tag along on your journey?"

PROMPTS

In this gym challenge, you will be required to make rolls and choices at various challenges presented - These may affect the upcoming challenges you face! Having a pokemon that has a move or ability to overcome the challenge provides an extra die to roll with (advantage). For this round, feel free to pick a companion to guide you on this journey or refuse the aid. Each companion comes with a boon and a bane of their own.[break][break]

Yanmega - The Alert[break]
It's hard to sneak up on someone that can see in all kinds of directions at the same time. Picking her allows you to become more aware of your surroundings and pick up on more clues when investigating the area. However, she is just as cautious as she is alert and may end up taking you on a detour.[break][break]

Salamence - The Merciless[break]
Nothing keeps danger away better than one of the most angry-looking pokemon in the forest. Picking him allows you to intimidate wild pokemon with advantage, though how they react depends entirely on how you handle the situation after that! Perhaps, you might want to be careful when and where you ask for his assistance. If he deems the wild pokemon an eyesore, he will lose his temper and attack.[break][break]

Quagsire - The Sturdy[break]
Steady but air-headed. Picking him will allow you to traverse difficult terrain with advantage, but he also tends to get lost at times! There is a chance of facing an additional challenge or two.[break][break]

Surprise me // I know what I want[break]
So it seems that these companions don't quite catch your eye. Suggest a trait that you may be looking for in a companion / Leave the choice in Rosmontis' hands and she will provide you with a new one![break][break]

Once you have chosen, make a roll in your post![break][break]

Bonus note Due to your current choice of clothing, you find that you have quite the convincing outfit?! This may affect your interactions with wild pokemon in the forest!
[break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,683 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 11:26:21 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
A small yelp of surprise escaped Andrea's lips as a bunch of Dragon-type Pokémon surrounded her out of the blue. Seeing how they weren't hostile, but merely curious of her, the young PokéManiac smiled warmly at them. "Hi there. Don't worry, little ones, I'm not here to hurt you." She reassured the more wary-looking ones.

Soon, the Gym leader made her presence known, commending Andrea's oddly convincing getup. "Thank you, I worked really hard on it. My dream is to become a Pokémon, after all!" The young woman nonchalantly declared with the beamiest of faces, carefully leaning down in order to pet some of the friendly forest critters, should they allow it.

She was both overjoyed and mildly disappointed at the prospect of choosing one of those critters to tag along with her. "Awww, only one? I want all of them to be my friends!" Andrea sighed. It could not be helped, she'd have to follow the rules of this Gym. Mulling over her options (and curiously avoiding making eye contact with that Salamence), she eventually chose Yanmega, which kinda looked like a dragon, all things considered.

"Nice to meet you, Yanmega. Will you help me make it through this forest?" The draconic cosplayer gently requested, reaching her hand out towards the giant, ancient dragonfly.
//non-traditional (forest of secrets)

Hk61KGWR
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 10:40:05 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

non-traditional

There's a hint of surprise that crosses young Rosmontis' face, then a smile, then a quiet laugh that breaks the silence.[break][break]

"I'm sure that they'd all love to be friends with you, but in due time though. Even I struggle to handle all of them at the same time." With a gentle tilt of her head towards Ema, the gym leader raises a hand to give the Yanmega a pat on the head before sending her right to 's side. "I trust that you'll take care of her and in turn, she will be your eyes on the rather strange journey you're about to undertake."[break][break]

A final clap of her hands summons a Luxray to her side, the feline gracefully curling around her and leading her away.[break][break]

"Good luck out there, Miss Dragon! I'll see you at the forest's deep!"[break][break]

[break]

It's not Ema's first round at the rodeo. After a few times of heading out to the forest with these gym challengers, she's grown to learn that not everyone brings the same mentality to the table. And strangely enough, Andrea's cheer is something quite refreshing.[break][break]

So they wander down the winding forest path, watching as the once airy clearing now sprouts into thicker trees and denser vegetation. But even amidst the shadows and endless overhanging branches, there seems to be an uneasy feeling that lingers in the air, unseen gazes stuck to their presences like super glue - Thick, heavy and oozing with indecipherable intentions.[break][break]

Ame softens her buzzing flight, stopping in her tracks and hovering without a word. The brushes rustle around them, a passing breeze carrying a rusty scent.[break][break]

Something wicked this way comes.

PROMPTS

You adventure begins with the first few steps into the forest, but it holds many strange and dark secrets. In fact, one seems to lurking right on your tail...? Scream, run, turn around to investigate, fight for your life or something else - What will you do?[break][break]

Make a roll with your attempted action, two if you have a pokemon to assist.[break][break]

Bonus note Due to your current choice of clothing, you find that you have quite the convincing outfit?! This may affect your interactions with wild pokemon in the forest!
[break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,683 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 19:35:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Before 'Miss Dragon' could inquire about the purported 'strangeness' of her journey, the diminutive Gym leader walked away with her feline partner in tow, telling the cosplaying woman to meet her at the forest's deep. "OK, we'll see you there!" Andrea waved.

Traversing the verdant labyrinth, the unlikely duo found themselves being watched by someone, or some-thing. Unnerved by the sudden shift in atmosphere and the Yanmega's alertness, the dragon-costumed girl squinted her eyes, trying to perceive the faintest unusual shape among the lush vegetation that surrounded them.

A rusty scent eerily alike the scent of blood reached her nose, causing her to panic. "Yanmega, use... uuuh... Do you know Bug Buzz?" Andrea asked the ancient dragonfly, while pointing at the rustling bushes. One of the quirks of using rental Pokémon was not knowing their full moveset, but for once she prayed that her guesstimate had been correct.
//first roll: Andrea's perception check
//second roll: Ema is told to use Bug Buzz

nBaKYDuH

·
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 6:18:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

non-traditional

Perhaps, isn't quite familiar enough with the forest to be able to pick out the little signs that should be of concern, but her call to be alert allows Ema to prepare for trouble. And sure enough, the Yanmega has just the move that Andrea mentions, speeding up the flutter of her wings until a loud and obnoxious Bug Buzz rumbles right through the foliage.[break][break]

But it isn't quite enough to drive away the source, a ragged-looking mound of fur rising from the bushes, then slowly rising and growing to its full height.[break][break]

[break]

Something red drips from yellowed teeth, narrowed pupils glaring down at them as a rather tiny witch's hat sits on the left ear. Then it stops there, simply watching them closely as it lets out grunts every now and then. Its claws remain by its side, dirtied by mud and whatever scraps of plants it might have picked up along its travels.

PROMPTS

Bear? Bear. UH??? This probably doesn't look too good... Attempt to negotiate, put up a fight or make a run for it![break][break]

Make a roll with your attempted action, two if you have a pokemon to assist.[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,683 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 12:21:48 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The unbearable scent drew closer and closer, a new threat laying itself bare. Gasping in shock, Andrea closed her eyes tightly and prepared for the worst. Several seconds passed, and yet the big brown bear did not maul her. It just stood there... menacingly.

The young PokéManiac blinked in confusion. She stared curiously at the idle Ursaring, noting its tiny hat, its dirty paws and its terrible table manners. Any sensible person bearing witness to such a grizzly sight would make a run for it, but she knew better.

There was no such thing as a bad Pokémon.

Andrea raised an arm to prevent the Yanmega from engaging further. "Wait! Maybe it's friendly..."

The dragon-costumed girl took a few tentative steps, cautiously approaching the ursine Pokémon. "Look at you, you're so dirty! Living in the woods is no excuse to eat so messily!" She mildly chastised the Ursaring like an overbearing mother. "Why don't you come with us? We could look for a river to get you cleaned." She offered, smiling warmly.
//Andrea attempts to befriend Ursaring

RcpSgQWG

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 14:18:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

non-traditional

Ema seems more than happy to rein in it when prompted to do so, simply buzzing and hovering in her place as she watches the two interact.[break][break]

But perhaps, berating an Ursaring about how dirty they are isn't the best idea. The giant ursine simply stares at in sheer confusion, growling as it shakes its paws up and down as if trying to argue back. And perhaps, the suggestion of cleaning up in a river is the straw that breaks the Camerupt's back. The Ursaring gives her what could only be assumed to be the most disgusted look it can muster before sharply turning on its heels and stalking back into the undergrowth.[break][break]

All seems peaceful and fine... Until the Ursaring pops its head through the bushes, grunting and nodding its head into the distance as if telling Andrea that it's time for a little walk.

PROMPTS

It seems that you may have... offended the Ursaring with your words? And now you must make the choice of whether following it seems to be a good idea.[break][break]

You do not need to roll this round.[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,683 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 15:41:57 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea staggered backwards when the Ursaring started throwing a tantrum and shaking its dirty paws like a moody child. "W-what's the matter with you?! Don't you wanna be clean and handsome?" She'd yet to meet a Pokémon - even a wild one - that didn't take care of their personal hygiene. They were not animals.

Feeling sorta guilty for bringing up what was clearly a sore point, the dragon-hooded girl sheepishly followed the grumpy bear deeper into the woods. Maybe it was going to show her something that would explain its outright aversion to the idea of being given a bath.
//Andrea follows Ursaring

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 2:22:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

non-traditional

What's the matter with it? What's the matter with her?? The Ursaring just seems to emanate those thoughts as it gently cradles its face in its paws.[break][break]

At first glance, the trek ahead of them isn't going to be smooth. Knotted tree roots peek from the ground, jagged rocks jutting from the edge of the relatively sleep slope just in front. The soft squelching of dirt beneath their feet suggest that there may be portions of this little climb that aren't stable footholds, and a few daring steps may just prove this assumption right. For every few steps that Andrea might take, she might just find herself slipping down further than from where she first started.[break][break]

But the Ursaring clambers ahead without the slightest hint of fear. Its claws dig into the earth, allowing it to hold its ground and continue shambling up the hill in time.[break][break]

PROMPTS

To follow the path of a witch hat-wearing Ursaring, you must first conquer the perilous hillsides that normal human feet just don't seem capable of climbing...[break][break]

Make a roll this round, two if you enlist the help of your pokemon![break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,683 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 11:41:28 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
It seemed the Ursaring was having its sweet revenge by forcing the human to take the hardest route possible. Or perhaps this treacherous cliff really was the only route available.

Despite her best efforts to ascend the obstacle-laden slope, Andrea found herself slipping and falling on her sensitive bum. "Aieee..." She winced in pain as she got up, her hood trailing off her head and unveiling her long, orange hair. Her once immaculate costume was now covered in mud much to her dismay. "Oh no, now I'm the dirty one!" What irony.

How was she ever going to catch up? Despondent, the girl turned towards the Yanmega with a pleading, puppy dog-eyed look. "I could use a lift... Please?" The almost two meter-tall dragonfly should be able to carry an averagely sized human. Andrea was on the lighter side too, most of her weight concentrated on the chest area for some reason.
//Andrea asks Yanmega for a lift

Twz5GATh
·
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 7:23:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

non-traditional

Whilst it is true that most Yanmega may carry an average-sized human, those who choose the lofty dragonfly as their carrier often hang off a metal step or some other kind of platform that can be lifted. And when considering that Ema seems to be slightly smaller than a regular Yanmega, it's already a miracle that she can carry her trainer on her back.[break][break]

She doesn't quite have the facial features to produce any expressions, but the way she flits about suggests that Andrea is going to need to think of some solutions unless she plans on spraining her wrists just to be hauled upwards. Up ahead, the Ursaring grunts impatiently, plopping onto the ground with a resounding 'thud' as it waits for to catch up.[break][break]

PROMPTS

Think Tank: Look around for objects that might help solve the problem you face or make your climb easier![break][break]

We Ball: A sprained wrist isn't too big a price to pay, ask Ema to do it anyways.[break][break]

Make a roll this round, two if you enlist the help of your pokemon![break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,683 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 11:07:33 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
It seemed that they hadn't made much leeway, the Yanmega being dumbfounded by her request for a lift, while the Ursaring was growing impatient. Big sad.

Andrea would have to put her singular brain cell to good use. She inspected her surroundings, humming softly. "Hmmm, there has to be a way to make this easier..." Sure, she could just use one of her own Pokémon, but where would the challenge be in that?

Grabbing a set of long, decaying vines, she tied them around her waist, while offering the other end to Ema the Yanmega. "Here. You can hold onto this and pull me upwards. Easier, right?" At the same time, she grabbed a long, pointy stick, which she would use as a trekking pole to make her ascent up the steep, muddy hill easier.

"Alright, let's go!" The eccentric cosplayer exclaimed, digging her stick into the dirt and taking the first bold step forward. If the Ursaring had managed to climb all the way to the top using its claws, she would do the same with the tools offered to her by the forest.
//Think Tank selected

6KjB9qMT

·
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 6:24:03 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

non-traditional

The Yanmega seems to take the idea very well, eagerly gripping onto the stick and starting to pull as soon as takes her first few steps. And though there might be a few trips and stumbles along the way, Ema merely flaps her wings harder to compensate for any loss of balance, correcting any missteps as they continue their trek up the hill. Though slow, they most certainly make way with this little obstacle and soon enough, Andrea will find bits of ground that she can stand on without sliding right back down.[break][break]

While it had once been bored, the Ursaring seems thoroughly intrigued by her methodology, lazily rolling back onto its feet as it moves over to sniff the stick. Had there been some kind of magic imbued in it? Its jaws clamp down on the stick as it begins to pull it away from the duo.

PROMPTS

My Stick: Fight with all your might to keep this stick. Make a roll, two if you enlist the help of your pokemon[break][break]

Our Stick: Allow the Ursaring to take the stick without resistance. Make only one roll[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,683 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 10:14:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Whew, we made it!" The dragon-costumed girl panted heavily after the whole ordeal. It had taken using both her mind and body for the task, working those calves of hers to the brink, as well as enlisting Ema's own help, but they'd finally made it to the top of this hill the Ursaring was willing to die on.

However, the young PokéManiac wasn't given a lot of time to relax, as the big bear tried to snatch her stick out of her hands. Andrea knew that she was no match physically for the ursine behemoth, but thankfully she wasn't that attached to material things. That stick had served its purpose. It had served her well. Now was time to let go.

"You can have it." The girl allowed the bear to claim its prize as a sign of good faith. They were still trying to lead her somewhere, after all.
//Our Stick selected

5YQJdV1B
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights