wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
botanist / petalburg capt.
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
can you feel my heart [m]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 19:30:10 GMT
wren rourke Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] He still felt dumb for his impulsive decisions. Kissing Levy had probably been the last thing that the other needed to calm down, and Wren had still acted selfishly. Levy probably felt so awkward now. Maybe Wren couldn’t blame him for wanting to leave when he’d made things so weird between them with one tiny action.[break][break]

Usually, he didn’t care to regret things. But Wren regretted this a little. Not because he didn’t want to do it—he definitely knew what he wanted. But it was obvious that wasn’t something shared, so it would’ve been better if he’d never done so at all. He wanted to melt into the floor, and not confront the other in his room again.[break][break]

But that wasn’t how life worked.[break][break]

Once he managed to sit, Wren puffed out a sigh of relief over being off of his foot again. “Hey,” he poked, reaching over to swat Levy’s knee. “Stop trying to convince me, okay? I’m not going to, and that’s that.” There was still a frustrated twist to his words, but they had softened considerably from his outburst in the hall. He didn’t like being mad or frustrated with Levy. It felt like it ran contrary to the dumb, soft emotions that normally settled in him whenever they were together.[break][break]

Wren watched him, towel full of first aid held limply in his hands before it sagged to the ground. “Where are you hurt?” He wasn’t usually any good at this stuff to a great extent, but he’d try for Levy. He watched salandit scuttle away, probably looking for Juno, who had been trailing them both at a distance.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#e0a8a8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Lev
he/him
Twenty-Two
March 31
PETALBURG CITY, HOENN
homosexual
forger's assistant
associate
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
129 posts
Levy Alinsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @levy
Levy Alinsky
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 19:48:02 GMT
Levy Alinsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase1"]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

"Well I..." He stopped abruptly on the objection resting on his tongue, realizing there was no point in it anymore. It didn't matter because it obviously wasn't true, as Wren was trying to make clear to him. Levy could be stubborn in his own assumptions of things. At one time, it had kept him safe and it kept his heart in check, but not anymore. Now, it just seemed like more of a hindrance than anything and it certainly helped him in his fair share of unnecessary harm. "Okay," He muttered, quietly sulking.
[break][break]
It was a relief, even with his tone. Even if he tried making it confusing or unreasonable of the other, he was relieved. They both spoke in different languages sometimes, he knew, and oftentimes that could seem foreign to the other. It couldn't always be helped, but it could be softened some. He just had to understand things from Wren's point of view, which wasn't as hard as he was making it out to seem.
[break][break]
He had spent a very limited time in the hospital (not his own choice to go there at all), not enough to fix his problem. That was made quite clear by the blazing pain that relentlessly assaulted him with every movement. Despite any efforts to the contrary, he didn't stick around. Hospitals made him feel anxious and trapped. The same feelings he'd gotten being in school, until he met Wren and things got easier.
[break][break]
Even years later, he was still a bit of a feral mongrel. "Oh... um well head wound, but I think the stitches are holding up. Cut on my leg, probably some elsewhere, and dislocated my shoulder. Passed out when I put it back in and woke up in the hospital. I didn't stay long." He pried off his jacket with difficulty, having warmed up significantly after entering the house until he was near overheating. The long-sleeved shirt, tugged along with it, exposing the blackened bruised under it. "It's not that bad, really." Even if moving made his eyes water.
[break][break]

[break][break]
mission |
[break][break]
[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A979C8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 0:00:33 GMT
wren rourke Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Golden eyes cut to Levy’s sharply as the protest began to form on the other boy’s tongue. Slowly his head shook side to side. Once, twice. Nope. Wren was not going to hear any potential for why he should hate the person that he, well…[break][break]

“Thank you,” he said quietly as Levy finally relented. Grumpily so or not, it meant that Wren didn’t have to round and round debating it with him. At least not right now. Wren was too tired to fight and argue by that point. It was an activity that tired him out more easily than other things—the sort of emotional duress he wasn’t well equipped to handle. He already had to navigate the lingering mortification of his earlier kiss while acting like he didn’t want to cry about that, so combatting more protests was a bit too much all at once.[break][break]

Wren’s face blanched at the sight of the extensive bruising across Levy’s shoulder. It was enough to distract Wren from the fact that the other was now shirtless. Well, mostly anyway. “Levy…you should’ve probably stayed..” Even as he said so, Wren knew that Levy wouldn’t have. And he wasn’t going to push the subject too hard. They’d make due with what they could and what the other would allow.[break][break]

“okay, um…” Wren fumbled through everything until his fingers curled around the icy pack he’d grabbed. They had tons of these on hand, given how active his household had always been collectively. Sprains and sore spots were a common thing. Wren smacked at it until it activated the contents and it began to cool rapidly in his hands. First he handed the other a packet of pain reliever, then looked up again.[break][break]

“I’m going to lay this on your shoulder now, okay? I’m sorry if it hurts..” he warned quietly before leaning forward into Levy’s space to do so, gently settling the pack on the curve of his shoulder.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Lev
he/him
Twenty-Two
March 31
PETALBURG CITY, HOENN
homosexual
forger's assistant
associate
awards
129 posts
Levy Alinsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @levy
Levy Alinsky
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 17:47:09 GMT
Levy Alinsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

There was no room for objections, that much was clear. Levy couldn't help the smirk that formed as the other insisted and finally softened once again. It was humorous, in hindsight, though he hated to have driven Wren so far as to raise his voice. It was already enough that he caused the other emotional turmoil and... well he hadn't forgotten the kiss (how could he?).
[break][break]
He'd already messed up what should have been a sweet moment. It wasn't likely that Wren would ever want to even test those waters again, after how he was treated for it.
[break][break]
It wasn't pretty, looking at the destruction left on him from the explosion. Yeah, maybe he should have stayed at the hospital for longer than he had, but that was a debate for another day. He sighed, looking away from the disapproval on the other man's face. "I hate it there." As soon as he said it, he realized he sounded like a pouty little boy. It was a little ridiculous to have such dismay for places like hospitals and school. Institutional jail cells, he used to call them.
[break][break]
It's really not that bad, he wanted to insist, but the effort was pointless. Especially under the sudden contact that made him wince. He bit down on the whimper that formed. His hand had closed around Wren's wrist without realizing and he stared at it dumbly. His hold softened considerably, but he didn't release him just yet. He continued to stare down at his hand closed around the other's wrist. "You know— you're my best friend, you know that, right?" He felt stupid asking it. His thumb brushed down the vein, feeling the pulse point.
[break][break]
"And I'm sorry... that I'm like this.. I'm just scared, all the time and I don't know why. But you're the best thing that ever happened to me and I didn't mean for any of that to happen. You're my best friend, but you're also more than that. So... uh.." By then he'd felt his whole face blaze as he rambled, looking back up at the other despite the embarrassment of it. Sooooo...
[break][break]
Wren was closer than he'd realized before, tucked into the curve of his personal space as he'd always done. He'd made a nest there. It felt like spring when he was there and winter when he was gone. It was stupid, this sickening sort of anxiety that bubbled up. Head empty, don't think about it, right? Just do. Because that was what he really wanted after all, right? Yeah.
[break][break]
He forced his breathing to slow. His hand migrated from the other's wrist, up until it cupped his cheek. Then he leaned up, ignoring the fact he was in pain and they were mutual messes and he was entirely too big for this stupid beanbag and they were too old for this room. All of the stupid little thoughts that normally buzzed through his mind, it was quiet. So, he kissed him. It probably wasn't particularly good or skilled or confident. Levy was none of those things and Wren probably had better to compare it to, but he had chosen to kiss him by the pond so he had to hope that it was wanted.
[break][break]
All he had was to hope that eventually Wren wouldn't regret believing in him the way he did. As much as he'd said otherwise during their last meeting, he now realized he didn't want to go without him. Sometimes things were frightening, but he was tired of being afraid all of the time. It was a brief, awkward sort of kiss and he pulled back, eyeing the other with a subdued questioning look that said: uhh... was that okay?

[break][break]
mission |
[break][break]
[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 21:57:39 GMT
wren rourke Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] He was actively trying to not dwell on the fact that they were as close as they were. It only amplified the awkwardness he felt for his prior actions. The tackle, the kiss. The former weighed a bit heavier on him now that he knew how badly Levy was injured in the shoulder. Still, his breath quickened whether he wanted it to or not. Shallow and short, though quiet. The only indication being the rapid rise and fall of his chest under his baggy sweater, if one was looking close enough.[break][break]

Wren preferred to revert back to his typical softness. Anger and frustration had never been emotions that sat well with him. Of course, he was only human and fell prey to them just like the rest. But his fuse always extinguished quickly in favor of upset and guilt over having been mad in the first place. He was the sort to make amends as quickly as possible, unable to bear the idea that someone somewhere, was upset with him.[break][break]

And letting Levy, of all people, leave with this tension? That was unbearable. So it was a massive relief when the other relented and allowed Wren to work on him, as gently as possible. All the while pointedly trying to ignore the fact that Levy was shirtless in front of him. It felt different from when they’d been kids. Duh, of course it did. Wren knew why–what caused it. All those emotions that bubbled up to the surface whether he wanted them to present themselves or not. Unfettered affection, softening his eyes and making him stupidly weak when Levy strangled a sound of pain. “Sorry, sorry!” he murmured, trying to lighten the pressure of the ice pack as much as he could.[break][break]

He didn’t protest the argument about the hospital. Wren knew that Levy hated it there. So it was an empty insistence to begin with, and Wren wasn’t about to drag him there. Admittedly, he’d hated his own time there recently just as pointedly. His glance flit up to Levy and then away again with the question as his stomach knotted up nervously. “Yeah, I know. And you’re mine.”[break][break]

Wariness curled around his heart, settled with the distinct feeling that he was about to be let down carefully by the other. But instead, Levy began to talk, and his words were more akin to Wren’s nervous babbling. It was definitely unexpected, and dumbfounded, all Wren could really do was stare at the other with wide eyes. “More than that..?” It barely came out higher than a whisper.[break][break]

More than that.[break][break]

It looped around his mind again and again. “You’re…more- I..” He lost his line of thought, cheeks flooding with heat as cool fingers curved around his face. And then as Levy leaned in, Wren thought just for a fleeting moment, you don’t have to feel obligated to do this because I kissed you before…[break][break]

But as lips pressed against his, the act awkward and fumbling, the self-doubt faded in favor of the peach-fizzy static that spread through him. Warm and bubbly like a little too much champagne late at night. He was only just beginning to press back when it was over, and Wren stared at him with starry eyes, mouth slightly parted.[break][break]

In a rush of breath– “I love you.” Was that answer enough to the unspoken question in Levy’s expression? Though the words had tumbled out by accident, Wren didn’t find himself regretful or embarrassed. It didn’t feel too soon, or ill advised. It was just simple fact. He’d loved Levy for so long, he’d forgotten what it felt like before he’d loved him. That said, though, he tilted in and closed the gap between them again–almost shyly that time, in contrast with before.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Lev
he/him
Twenty-Two
March 31
PETALBURG CITY, HOENN
homosexual
forger's assistant
associate
awards
129 posts
Levy Alinsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @levy
Levy Alinsky
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 16:13:46 GMT
Levy Alinsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Levy knew he probably wasn't very good at kissing. Unsurprisingly. It wasn't necessarily an insecurity of his, but it was right then knowing that he had those two seconds to repair the awkwardness he'd caused before when he'd practically rejected Wren. It hadn't been rejection, he'd simply been... panicking, for lack of better explanation. It wasn't easy being him or being around him, there were a lot of demons clinging to him and he didn't know how to shake them. Wren knew him better than anyone and hadn't run away yet. He was fairly certain that this wasn't going to be the straw that broke that numel's back.
[break][break]
Granted, he'd had luxury of knowing Wren's feelings already. Wren had kissed him first, and he'd been cowardly enough to need that in order to finally do what he wanted so badly to do. When he pulled away, he wasn't entirely certain what to expect. Maybe just awkward silence, maybe more kissing, or maybe confusion. What he did get well...
[break][break]
"I love you." Love had always been a rotten thing for him. It was lies and leers and broken promises. It was scrapped knees and bloodied lips and blood-shot eyes. Yet, with Wren, it was soft. Oh, how he felt only softness right then. Not the fear or the anticipation of pain or the expectation of doing things he didn't want to do to begin with.
[break][break]
There was surprise at the words, of course. Considering how long this had taken, one could only expect it would be years to go before they got to those words. Yet, no, not with Wren. Unlike Levy, he wasn't afraid. Levy could have froze or overthought those words or demanded explanation. Maybe he could say them back, awkward and fumbling and red-faced. Yet Wren kissed him again before he could.
[break][break]
"I love you too." He managed, slipping the words through heavy breath. It felt good to say them, even if yeah... they were as fumbled and awkward as was expected. Maybe even more so because they were still in Wren's childhood bedroom, kissing over a squashed psyduck beanbag.
[break][break]
It felt very them, though.

[break][break]
mission |
[break][break]
[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 5:17:03 GMT
wren rourke Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Wren didn’t care if Levy lacked experience. Wren himself was bumbling his way through this. He’d only had a few kisses in his life, and none of them had been particularly spark-igniting or educational. This, though. This was electrifying. A bonfire of heat that erupted in the center of his chest no matter how careful or cautious it was.[break][break]

There was only a brief hesitation in Wren, when the words fell out—true or not. The wariness from before when Levy hadn’t returned his first kiss striking fear into his chest and he looked up with wide eyes and a cherry-red face to apologize but—I love you too. Words that hummed against his lips and traveled straight to his heart to tangle there.[break][break]

Did Levy know? That this was what Wren had wanted all that time?[break][break]

“I love you,” he repeated. Dumbly, breathlessly, relieved. His heart twisted up so hard in his chest it hurt, but felt good and right at the same time. His eyes opened slightly—just to look at Levy for a moment, despite how close they were. All mingled, warm breath and brushing noses. An airless laugh followed as the corners of his mouth turned upward and all those prior doubts fell away.[break][break]

How long had he wanted to say that? Ages and ages, really. It had felt like a whole lifetime. And really, wasn’t it nearly half by that point? He couldn’t find anymore words to do the feeling justice right then though, so his hands slipped up to cradle Levy’s face again, unable to help himself now that the kiss had been returned.[break][break]

Now that it felt wanted.[break][break]

So now, the tentativeness in his return faded in favor of fervor, even if he still didn’t fully have a grasp on what he was doing. They were both injured and in awkward positions, but it was a young and eager sort of energy that swallowed him up. One he couldn’t help. They were only just barely adults, and he still felt a little bit like the pining teenager he once was. And this was all just a dream he’d wake up from.[break][break]

Kissing Levy in his childhood bedroom. It certainly fit the setting of all those daydreams. He didn’t mind, though, so long as he didn’t wake up from it.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Lev
he/him
Twenty-Two
March 31
PETALBURG CITY, HOENN
homosexual
forger's assistant
associate
awards
129 posts
Levy Alinsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @levy
Levy Alinsky
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 15:09:34 GMT
Levy Alinsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Did he even know the meaning of those words? I love you. Probably not. He'd had no other context for them. They had been used against him, sharpened like a weapon to keep him around. His mother had used it against him up unto the day she died and he ran away. That had been a long time ago, barely more than a nightmare to wake him up in the middle of the night.
[break][break]
Yet, Wren re-defined so many things in his life. The only reason he knew kindness and softness was because Wren had taught them to him. He'd taken the time and been so damn patient with him when no one else dared to. He'd braved a feral boy and made him feel normal again. That had to be love, right? It felt like such a sweeter concept than the bitter and poisonous love he'd known before. This felt unconditional.
[break][break]
The emotion of it made his face hot, made his throat twist up with a sort of salty pain he knew meant he wanted to cry. He didn't want to spoil this though. He didn't want to make this about him, because it was about them. It always had been, even if he wanted to know the precise way to tell the other thank you for being so damn patient and good, he didn't want to dilute what they were feeling down to gratitude. It wasn't like that. This wasn't simply due to exception.
[break][break]
His hands slipped around the other, fingers prying a little, pulling at skin and clothing if only to pull him closer. Even if his body ached and was a little too bare for his liking, vulnerable to all of the ache he had dragged it through. He kissed Wren because that felt like the closest he'd ever gotten to being really and truly happy.

[break][break]
mission |
[break][break]
[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 16:08:29 GMT
wren rourke Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] If the other were to have cried, Wren wouldn’t have thought the moment spoiled. All he would’ve done was thumb away the tears without a word. Because Wren knew that it meant something different to Levy, who hadn’t grown up coddled and tended to in the same way he had. But for now, he remained oblivious.[break][break]

Levy was pulling at him and Wren leaned into it, pressing closer. Or well, as much as he could with– “My foot,” he grumbled against the other’s lips, obviously more put out with the fact that it was bound up in a cast and making him more awkward and clumsy in his movements.[break][break]

Still, even that couldn’t fully kill the buzz under his skin, or the high of the moment itself. Despite his mild pout, once he managed to wiggle himself into a more comfortable position, he was tugging Levy back by the arm and practically pulling him off the beanbag and onto his lap by mistake in the effort. “Oh, oops.” A sheepish laugh followed, but even then, he rested their foreheads together as he smiled.[break][break]

It was all so fumbled and strange and new, but also thrilling and exciting to explore. And there wasn’t anyone else he would’ve wanted to do this with. Like most experiences in general, he wanted it to be with Levy. Careful of the other’s bruised shoulder, Wren’s hands trailed down his chest. Mapping out a frame he was already familiar with without ever having touched before. “I missed you so much.” Another soft kiss, connecting lips.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Lev
he/him
Twenty-Two
March 31
PETALBURG CITY, HOENN
homosexual
forger's assistant
associate
awards
129 posts
Levy Alinsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @levy
Levy Alinsky
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 16:54:02 GMT
Levy Alinsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Keeping it contained had always been a necessity, one that he couldn't afford to be careless with. The repercussions used to be more though, back then. It used to feel like a life or death choice. To be himself, open and emotional, or to hide behind a frigid wall. Yet, that wasn't necessary anymore, was it? Not with Wren at least.
[break][break]
"Oh sorry.." He'd forgotten the other was also not in the best of conditions. They were both worse for wear and that reminder made a spike of guilt cut through him. Yet he was almost entirely distracted from it by the other tugging him up on top of him. He could feel his entire face heat up, looking down at the other. Yet he relaxed as their foreheads touched, such a simple action and yet it silenced every trace of anxiety in his head.
[break][break]
"I missed you too." He breathed, a little unsteady though not out of pain this time. Hands swept across his skin — warm, soft, careful. Lips pressed earnestly against his own and he returned it with just as much want. It was a step beyond what he knew what to do. It wasn't the first time he'd ever... well, it was the only time that mattered so it might as well have been. With an anxious shiver, his own hands slipped forward, plucking at the hem of the other's shirt before his fingers slipped beneath.

[break][break]
mission |
[break][break]
[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 3:50:00 GMT
wren rourke Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] He shook his head, a breathless laugh falling loose. Nervous and excited all in one. “It’s okay, I’ll be fine.” And okay, so maybe Wren wasn't thinking with his head right then. Definitely not enough to be bothered by the twinge of pain in his foot. All of the uncertainty. All of the pining and worrying and fear of messing something special up had led to this. Wren still didn’t know how to define them. Would they awkwardly go back to just friends after this?[break][break]

If so, maybe they should stop. But selfishly he didn’t want to. They’d said things. Confessed them in the open air and then eliminated that space. His eyes fluttered open, eyelids still hanging heavy as heat painted itself across his face and flushed under his skin. Carefully, he watched as his hands studied the contours he explored—searching for the right spots. Eager to learn what felt best.[break][break]

The need for words soon fell away. Whatever happened going forward, they would figure out later. Right now, he gave into every want that had been stored up for ages and ages, amplified by the relief that they’d found each other again. What they were outside of one another didn’t matter. Levy’s hands mirrored the movement after a while, and Wren curved into the contact. A soft inhale parted his mouth against the other’s. Unexpected, but invitation all the same.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Lev
he/him
Twenty-Two
March 31
PETALBURG CITY, HOENN
homosexual
forger's assistant
associate
awards
129 posts
Levy Alinsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @levy
Levy Alinsky
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2023 14:15:25 GMT
Levy Alinsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

"Still, don't like hurting you, dummy." He smiled, teasing the other. It was nice— how soft they could be when they put all the struggles they'd endured aside. It wasn't a matter of guilt or blame. It wasn't advantage or disadvantage or repercussion for actions. This just felt... well it was like the clearest expression of love, innocent and passionate. Wasn't that good enough?
[break][break]
Levy knew he could be negative and a little bitter. Wren made him better, of course, but he didn't want that to bleed into their relationship anymore. Wounds from the past shouldn't have the ability to affect his future, right? This was a choice that he was making and he'd never regret that. He silenced the little voices in the back of his head. They didn't matter, only this did.
[break][break]
As gently as he could, he pushed Wren until the other was laid back against the bed and he was hovered over him. His hands pushed at the fabric of the other's shirt, shifting it upwards until pale skin was revealed to him. His mouth traced down the delicate curve of Wren's throat and his hands traveled over skin. "Is this okay?" He asked, a little nervous.

[break][break]
mission |
[break][break]
[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 0:47:34 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] His nose wrinkled, but he still grinned. “I’ll cut you some slack,” he teased back, warmth settling heavy in his chest. Excitement. Happiness. It buzzed under his skin until it felt like his fingertips tingled with it. Every word, every touch passed between them fueling something good. Something an idealist like himself considered downright magical.[break][break]

The guided movement made him pause. Not out of reluctance, but confusion. Quiet, he followed the push until a breath shivered loose when his back met the soft blanket spread over his bed. Wide, gold eyes stared up at Levy, bright with curiosity. Maybe a little awestruck. Unconsciously, he wiggled just enough to assist the upward tug of his shirt. Back curving up against the drag and travel of cool hands over what felt like too warm skin.[break][break]

Lips against his neck, Wren’s head lolled to the side to provide better access. His own fingers curled around a narrow hip, the other raising to slide through short, dark hair. His breath felt heavier contrary to the quick rise and fall of his chest, and before he realized it, soft sound was rolling off his tongue. Instantly, he felt his face grow hot again, eyes flying open. Had that whimpery noise come from his mouth?[break][break]

He was properly embarrassed. Still, at the question, he nodded his head avidly. “Yeah. Why wouldn’t it be?” Voice thin, and still breathless. Of course it was okay. It was more than okay. The hand in Levy’s hair drifted down his back. Tracing along his spine until it settled on his other hip. “Are you okay?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Lev
he/him
Twenty-Two
March 31
PETALBURG CITY, HOENN
homosexual
forger's assistant
associate
awards
129 posts
Levy Alinsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @levy
Levy Alinsky
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 14:29:50 GMT
Levy Alinsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

"Good, I need all that I can get." He laughed, pressing another kiss to his cheek affectionately.
[break][break]
He felt like he was battling between fear and the things he wanted. It was difficult, things were so much more complicated all within a matter of seconds. He didn't regret that difficulty though and wasn't about to push the other away again. Wren deserved so much more than that. He deserved the whole world if Levy could give him that, which probably wasn't possible. Either way, he'd try his best. That was all that he could do.
[break][break]
His own hands began to wander, going bolder with every passing second. The heat of the other boy's skin was the best kind of drug. Yet he wasn't at all prepared for that sound. He felt his own face go hot, eyes wide for a moment as he stared at the other until the separation was too unbearable to handle. God, he was adorable though.
[break][break]
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine... I'm just kind of nervous. I don't know why." That was far from unusual for him. Avoidance was a powerful means of handling things for him, but he didn't want to avoid this so it didn't make sense. He leaned back down and kissed him, this time slower. Forcing the nervous energy away, there was no need to rush, right?

[break][break]
mission |
[break][break]
[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 0:22:06 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] “Not as much as you think you do,” he quipped, a dopey little giggle bubbling up tonthe surface. His nose wrinkled as Levy pecked at it. There were still nerves that buzzed under his skin, the idea that this was too good to really be true. That they’d come crashing out this rosy tinged bubble when everything else got too big to ignore. Wren could shove those thoughts away, though, because he’d wanted this for as long as he could remember. And he wasn’t going to let his worries get in the way.[break][break]

The fact Levy was blushing now because of him almost made it that much more mortifying. Wren stared back as he went a shade darker in color, a sorry brewing on the tip of his tongue, though it wasn’t something he felt particularly sorry for. He let out a breath he’d been holding, a short winded laugh.[break][break]

In reality, he would have continued, had it not been for the brief pause that followed. The hand that had slipped into Levy’s hair slid down to his face. Thumb skimming under his eye. “It’s okay, we don’t have to…y’know, so more than this.” Honestly, when he’d started out earlier, he didn’t even think he’d end up with even just this.[break][break]

But how could he not meet the next kiss pressed to his mouth with gentle slowness? His lips parting on a soft sigh, Wren leaned up into it. Both arms folding around the other’s neck to carefully tug him closer, a silent invitation to relax into his hold.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]