she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
reunion
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 5:41:56 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
annalise is pretty sure this is where lives.[break][break]
she steps up to the door. at her side, a plastic bag hangs loose from her fingers, crinkling as it sways too close to her leg. it's heavy with tupperware containers full of homecooked meals and snacks — enough to take the guesswork out of eating for him and for a few days, hopefully. she'd even managed to rope into helping her, so everything turned out way better than any food her mediocre culinary skills could've cooked up on her own. [break][break]
it doesn't feel like much, not after what guillermo must've been through at littleroot, but it's something.
[break][break]
annalise shifts the bag from one hand to the other, flexing red-ringed fingers. she raises a fist to the door and knocks, then waits.
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + hehe

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
reunion
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 19:57:39 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]True to Alex form, the Sanctuary doesn’t have watchdogs. It has watch birds. The Braviary saw her coming from at least two miles away and had already warned the household of a visitor.

For whatever illusions of peace exist without, there is an equal but opposite mass of chaos within.

Annalise’s knock would spurr to live a cacaphonous baa-ing as a small horde of Wooloo, Skiddo, and Eeveeloutions break for the door to see and welcome the visitor. It’s this Memo hears from the kitchen where he’s making a batch of french onion soup, relishing in one of his very few, very brief days off-- with his headphones in.

He drops his headphones on the kitchen island and clambers over the small herd, chastising them gently and ordering them back in rapidly muttered Spanish and clicks of his tongue.

Peeking through the viewport, he hurries to open the door.

“Anna!” he says, tone warm and smile genuine. “Come in, come in. Back, you heathens, back.” He clears a path for her, pushing on curious ovine heads, and ushers her in th door.

[attr="class","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
reunion
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 16:28:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

For once he didn’t need to… well, be a busy-ass mcfucker in the kitchen since he’d been demoted to lazing on the sofa duty (wow, loafing around was a duty now?) and so here he was, spread out much like a Purrloin stretched all the way, pillows fluffed up everywhere as he’s doom-scrolling through his phone again.

“Hey, Frog, I didn’t know you had a visitor over,” he drawled from his position on the sofa (he wasn’t facing the door, so he didn’t see who their guest was) however he heard the clip-clopping of hooves on the floor as he guessed Ovejita had literally come barreling out to check out who their guest was.

(And were those other clip-clopping noises the two gay-af Skiddo? Who knew?)

“Also maybe they’re heathens, but nothing beats the absolute number one heathen of this household—”

As if on cue, the jingling noise of the crown rent through the space and William the Wooloo, first of his kind, came trotting out to join the cacophony of noise that had greeted their surprise guest at the door.

Yes, it was just William today. Everyone else was… elsewhere.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
reunion
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 15:19:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
her knock stirs up the sound of muffled hoofbeats on the other side of the door. she smiles to herself, a laugh huffing out of her nose, at all the little, anticipating footsteps. part of her feels guilty for accidentally riling them up, but most of her just feels excited to pet whatever is awaiting her beyond the boundary.
[break][break]
she lights up when the door opens, her smile growing wide and toothy as and his little "heathens" greet her on the other side. she greets him with a sunshine-bright "hey!" while the collective herd (william included) receives a high-pitched, adoring, "hiii guys!"
[break][break]
"wow, it smells so good in here ⁠— oh, hi!" she picks out  's head from the couch as she enters the room. "sorry for showing up so randomly, but i wanted to give you guys a small thank you for, like, everything."
[break][break]
she holds up her plastic bag, sagging with meal containers. "i made a bunch of stuff. well — greyson made a bunch of stuff. i totally supervised, though!"
[break][break]
and then, to the minefield question, broached with some hushed hesitation and a glance at both in turn: "so how have you guys been holding up?"
[break][break]

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
reunion
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 20:52:23 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Memo did a quick headcount and, making sure no one had made the great escape, moved into the kitchen proper to relieve Anna of her burdens and put them up on the counter safely out of the way of curious caprine noses.

"I didn’t know either, but it’s a welcome surprise.” He checked his soup briefly before wiping his hands on his VENO, VEDI, VINO apron. “Alex, this is Annalise Henderson. She singlehandedly got me through the Ranger conclave without murdering someone.”

"Aw, you shouldn’t have. Thank you. And thank him, too.” He only vaguely knew of as a gym leader, but apparently he was a cook, too?

She seemed a little nervous to broach her next question. Memo looked at Alex, then back to Anna, shrugging.

"All things considered, I think we’re doing okay? Some of the other Rangers are on Rift duty today so I can catch my breath.” He fiddled with the stove knob. “Aside from having a giant universal hole in the middle of our city I think we’re okay.”

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
reunion
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 11:52:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

With William being, well, as William as possible (by rolling right over to the strange newcomer in the house and bleating at her before trying to nip at the nearest article of clothing he could reach) Alexei continued to scroll through his phone for a few more minutes while letting the conversation was over him.

He’d stretched his legs out over the entire length of the sofa (which meant good luck getting him to sit up, Frog) before he whistled exactly once.

“Will, don’t do what I think you’re about to do,” he said from out of nowhere before a singular ‘baa?!’ of surprise came from said ovine a few moments later.

(Because if you were a herd master to a bunch of Wooloo, you learned… things. And this was one of those things.)

“Actually, can you send your other half—you know, Spiky, our gratitude? Was kind of surprised he just sent a message straight to Frog here telling him he has like, an entire week’s worth of paid vacation leave to use however he wants,” he hummed as he closed out the window he was doom-scrolling through (as there was nothing else of interest today).

At the mention of the rift in the city, he let out a sibilant hiss.

“Did you see the garbage they published in the news?” he rumbled, begrudgingly swinging his legs down and pulling himself up into a sitting position.

“Fortree, a dangerous location. How the hell is that supposed to work, the fucking Gym’s here,” he continued with a very pointed eyeroll. Not meant for their guest, of course; just meant for the stupidity in the paper.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
reunion
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 19:38:11 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
there's a tug at her pantleg as william demands her attention with blunt teeth. while the rest only get a verbal greeting as she follows after , he gets a little extra as she reaches down to pet him on the head.[break][break] guillermo introduces her to . the ranger meeting is brought up in turn, and she brings a hand to her mouth to stifle the nervous giggle that catches behind her teeth. in hindsight, annalise imagines he probably wishes he had murdered at least a couple of them, especially now that the primal crystal he'd argued against has torn a spatial rift in his city.[break][break]
"super nice to meet you, alex!" she says warmly, setting the thought aside for now while the mood is still high. the pair just came back from war — she's not here to rile them up over how things could've been done differently.
[break][break]
with a wave of her hand, she dismisses guillermo's thanks. "pleeease, you don't have to thank me! this is really the least i could do after what you guys did for hoenn."
[break][break]
and it really is the least, she realizes, as alexei tells her that gave guillermo a week of paid vacation. "oh, uh, yeah! i'll let him know! y'know, i know i can't, like, speak for gym leaders, but — you should both take as much time as you need to rest and recover."
[break][break]
the elephant in the room is broached, eliciting a hiss from the gym leader. annalise idly fidgets with her ring, twisting it around her finger.
[break][break]
"well, to be fair," she begins. "we do need to be careful around them. i wouldn't want anyone sneaking in or, like ... falling in."
[break][break]
the former concerns her more — there are strange worlds beyond those portals, a siren's call for explorers and adventurers.
[break][break]
"sounds like memo has it covered with rift duty, though, so hopefully you'll be able to keep taking gym challengers while we figure this all out!"
[break][break]
her curiosity gets the better of her for a moment. "so has anyone on duty seen, like, what's inside the rift?"
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
reunion
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 20:28:22 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Ah, yes, the vacation. The vacation promised to him by . The vacation that Memo was absolutely dreading taking.

Because they had talked about it-- taking one. Going somewhere, far away from all this bullshit. But that was promised to be after things quieted down… and things hadn’t really done that. They’d just switched genres from deathmetal to house.

Before he can direct the conversation in a different direction Alex sits up (the fact that he hadn’t gotten up to greet Anna at the door would have sent Memo’s mother into a blind, chancla brandishing rage) and starts popping off about recent events.

Anna handles it in stride.

“The Rift is dangerous,” he repeats, because while he didn’t agree with fearmongering, he didn’t totally disagree with the article. It could have, he allowed, put a brighter spotlight on the steps being taken to protect the populace from said rift: it was under guard, night and day, not just cordoned off and left to be forgotten about.

“Peeks, here and there,” Memo admitted, giving his soup a stir, “nothing concrete. Nothing that makes sense.”

He’s about to say something that might be a little damning. Says it with the brevity of any other daily conversation.

“As soon as things are a bit more stabilized out here I’m going in.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
reunion
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 19:00:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, how he had so much to say but decided to hold back because who knew if saying what he wanted to say would end up with him getting removed and Fortree being tossed to the proverbial Lycanroc to be eaten and destroyed…

He let out another sibilant hiss.

“Frog,” he continued quietly. “There is no way in hell I’m allowing you to go into whatever hole in space-time appeared in the middle of the city alone.”

Of that he was absolutely certain.

“I’ve been trying my hardest to keep the people calm, but with something like that right there where everyone can smack-dab see what’s going on? We might honestly need more than just a rotating patrol to discourage people from slipping inside because who knows what the hell’s waiting in there.”

He then pinched the bridge of his nose.

“It hasn’t been good for local businesses either. With the rift where it is right now? Yeah… lots of people are too scared to go out past beyond the city limits for fear of being apprehended and sent back here.”

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
reunion
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 10:30:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
annalise nods in support to 's assertation that the rift is dangerous. there's no contesting that — little is known about these rifts or the mechanisms of how they work or even where they'll end up spitting out a person that does give into their intrusive thoughts and tries jumping in.
[break][break]
"i mean, to be honest, i'd be more surprised if anything you guys saw did make sense," she reassures. if they lead to other universes, surely there's some that are beyond the average hoennian's comprehension. the conversation trails on, finding its end in the captain volunteering so nonchalantly that it doesn't quite register until hisses.[break][break]
she blinks, taken aback. before her thoughts can find her tongue, the gym leader says what she's thinking first.
[break][break]
"are you sure? it's going to be, like, super risky." she folds her arms, squeezing her bicep with her fingers. her face clouds, thoughtful, as she picks her words. "if you're set on going, just — please be careful."
[break][break]
"and bring a buddy," her gaze flashes toward alexei, then back to guillermo. "or a whole group."
[break][break]
she sighs. ideally, the league's top scientists will wake up tomorrow morning with a bright, new plan to close the rifts. realistically, in the time it takes for them to figure out how, the rifts will be inundated with interlopers. maybe it's best — as terrible as the thought is — for the league to have trustworthy people explore the rifts than to sit idle while team rocket throws their grunts into them.
[break][break]
"yeah, there's not much you can do about keeping people calm at this point," she agrees, sympathetic. [break][break] "just tell them the league has it under control and, um, maybe get in touch with some local officers to help you guys guard the rift. everything's really weird and scary right now but we always get this kind of stuff sorted out eventually, right?"
[break][break]
if they can warp an extinction event into another universe, then this will come to pass, too. [break][break]
onto a brighter subject, she perks up like she had nearly forgotten one of her reasons for coming: "oh! also, before i forget, i have a proposal for fortree to sign off on!"
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
reunion
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 0:10:41 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]He doesn’t want to bring Alex specifically for… reasons. Reasons that he knows he should feel bad about. But climbing up a volcano with a magic drum is one thing and willingly diving through a rift into another universe full of unknown dangers is completely another.

He knows they’ve talked in the past about babifying Alex for his bleeding condition but Memo could literally never forgive himself if something were to happen so close yet so far from home that would cause Alex’s death.

But Anna doesn’t need to know that, so he just gives her as confident a smile as he can.

“I’ll be careful. Cross my heart.”

He swallows a sigh. Alex has a temper and it has become increasingly more hair-trigger, of late.

“I’ve already pulled in the police and any military we have stationed here,” he says, rubbing at the back of his neck. Looking at Alex, he says, “We’re really not an island. With the dome gone, we can get supplies in and out. We can move people away from the damaged zones.” Looking at Anna, he says, “Unfortunately, I’m not sure we have time to wait for the League to figure this out. I’m also not sure the League does have it entirely under control.”

He pulls up a stool and sits, because he doesn’t want to lecture, but he also kind of does.

“Fact of the matter is , and her council’s decisions-- regardless of their overall intent-- have put Fortree and its citizens in danger. While I can accept they couldn’t possibly expect these specific repercussions, I refuse to believe they didn’t prepare for any.”

Alex was convinced the League was going to wash its hands of them entirely. Memo wouldn’t let that happen, of course.

“But we also can’t go screaming up to her doorstep and demand-- a blood price, or something,” he adds, with a pointed look at his boyfriend. “We may not be able to keep the people totally calm, but we can avoid panicking them any more than they already are.” Fortree is a bit of a tinder box at the moment. “I’m trying to get a meeting with her.”

I just wanted to get my feet underneath me, he thought, wincing internally at himself. It was silly to expect him to be able to take a breather, in and amongst all this chaos. How Alex thought they were going to be able to go on vacation was a complete mystery to him.

Still, this wasn’t Anna’s fault. Well, it wasn’t all Anna’s fault, though he had to admit her blind faith in Dahlia’s League was a bit disheartening. She didn’t understand that he couldn’t just sit and wait for the League to decide Fortree was a priority. His willingness to roll over at the Ranger conclave was proof enough of that-- those decisions had led to this, after all.

He tilted his head questioningly.

“A proposal?” He echoed, and his tone was polite even if her words made his gut twist with dread.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
reunion
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 13:58:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

So even his better half was starting to notice that the League wasn’t all black-and-white as it claimed itself to be.

That much was evident with the way his boyfriend rolled the words around and emphasized that the upper echelons may not have a good grasp of everything—

Were the higher-ups losing control? Being so far down the information network meant he only got the information as the rest chose to disclose what they saw fit, and that… well, that certainly threw a huge spanner wrench into the way how things operated in Fortree.

Sure, he was proud of how the entire place ran like clockwork, but now that there was something smack downtown that drew a lot of attention they could no longer ignore it.

He… they would definitely need to talk more about this later—but not in present company because it was too risky for him to bare his fangs.

So instead, he chose to address the very last part of what his boyfriend had mentioned.

“A proposal? What kind is it?”

He then mentally added to the rest of the sentence, ‘Going to leave everyone else in the dark and spring it on us last-second? Knowing her it’s a possibility…’

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
reunion
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 20:52:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
there's nothing annalise can say that can soothe 's concerns regarding the league. not now, at least, while the rifts are still fresh wounds of a multi-sided war. she maintains her stance — even if it's just to keep up appearances with civilians, the league has to look like a united front — though her expression softens with sympathy as he talks about fortree and the dangers faced during meteno. [break][break]
"i hope you get your meeting," she chirps. "i think it'd be great if you got to talk about this stuff to her face-to-face! plus, you're super charming so i'm confident the meeting will go how you want it to."
[break][break]
but she still doesn't envy him or the position he's been forced into. she can only hope his meeting-to-be with the commissioner goes better than the ranger meeting did all those months ago. [break][break]
though her proposal is met with a bit of guarded curiosity, she presses on: "weeell, it has to do more with an island north of fortree than fortree itself, but you guys are like technically the closest authorities on it? anyways — "
[break][break]
"councilwoman and elite four member are looking at this island because they want to turn it into, like, a rehab-slash-sanctuary for abused and abandoned pokemon."
[break][break]
it's kind of fitting, in a way, that somewhere off the coast of this city's sanctuary is another sanctuary.
[break][break]
"and so i'm here to see if you two would be cool with that. it's still in, um, it's planning stages right now but i'd be happy to keep you guys updated on any developments if it all goes through."
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
reunion
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 17:01:48 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Memo feels stuck between a rock and a hard place: Anna, the rock, and her apparently inherent, blithe refusal to see the negatives of anything League-related, and Alex, his anger and temper, the hard place-- in more ways than one, he thinks, having to hide a smile behind his hand.

Her proposal has him making a face: he argues with himself, internally, for a little bit, before shrugging.

“Sure, I guess. So long as we’re not in danger, directly involved, or passed over for funding.”

Why do we need two sanctuaries? the tiny voice in his head argues, but he shooshes it and brushes it away. It’s a silly competitive notion. Every city should have a sanctuary-- it isn’t unique to him and Alex and Fortree.

“The League has already done a number on Fortree. I think I speak for both of us,” he looks from Alex back to Anna, “when I say we really don’t want to be collateral, again, on Dahlia’s behalf.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
reunion
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 2:47:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was—thankful that his better half had decided to be the peacekeeper between them.

(Because let’s face it, to be fair, his goddamned fucking hackles had been on high for some time now and honestly, with the way things were going he doubted they would retract in the immediate future.)

When he saw his partner’s look, he nodded—the same visible, weary, tired nod that an exhausted parent would give to their co-parent after a long, long day.

He then added, “As long as nothing doesn’t overstep what I already have established here in Fortree, then I’m good,” before heading to the fridge and looking for something to snack on.

Brows furrowing, he then closed the fridge door and opened the freezer, pulling out a lone, remaining frozen taiyaki-shaped ice cream sandwich open and munching on it quietly.

“Yeah. Pretty much. We highly appreciate the heads-up this time,” he added once the poor fish-shaped ice cream sandwich had been beheaded, “…because timely updates are what we need to get ready to accommodate whatever fresh insanity is coming our way.”