Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 19:11:38 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Underneath Duvet Ranch, Thomas sat around the manmade lake he created for Water-type Pokemon that dwelled in caves. The size of the body of water, and the climate he set for the area allowed it to comfortably house multiple Lapras. Though he didn't own the Pokemon, if he ever found one, he could easily accommodate it.

What Thomas didn't know was that his guest of three weeks would follow him into the cool cave. And though what came next was a shock to the former Elite Four member, it would usher in a welcome opportunity.

tags:
notes: Mention of Lapras

close tab

played by

Lady

Andy, Seraphim
She/Her
July 15th
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Socialite
Cadet
Single
19 height
19 height
"I also know that blood smells like. Call it a gift."
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andraste
Andraste Breathnach
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 21:41:12 GMT
Andraste Breathnach Avatar
She hated the word 'stalking'. Truly, she did. But that was what she had been doing to her mysterious savior for the entirety of three weeks. Ever since he had saved her and all but invited her to stay on his ranch with him. There was something about Thomas Benoit that was both enthralling but dangerous, and they all knew that Andraste never ran away from the danger. She put herself at the forefront of it.

That meant figuring out just who Thomas really was... and all of his secrets.

Andraste hadn't trusted the words out of his mouth when he had played off not being the Phantom. Not a single one. She'd accepted it on the surface, but really, all she had done was bide her time until she was properly healed before she started noting all of his movements.

Today, they had brought him down into this cavern with the lake at its depths. She was stealthy; catlike, and he wasn't getting away from her this time. There was no more evasion, only answers.

Ena at her side, the Espeon carefully blocked the pathway that was both exit and entrance. Leaning into the arch of the cave wall, Andraste fixed her gaze on Thomas from the bits of shadow peppered about the cave. Her voice carried, giving the impression that she could have been anywhere around the surface of the lake. "I want some actual answers, Thomas," she said, "Because everything in this place just screams that you're the Phantom... at least to someone with a trained eye and a perception for the hidden."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 22:50:36 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When Thomas heard the voice of Andraste in the cave, he wasn't surprised. A woman with a gift like hers wasn't going to buy his story. With how long she's been on his Ranch, it was only a matter of time before she went digging into him.

"Quite an accusation, Lady Breathnach. Tell me, what screams that I'm the Phantom?", he'd ask her.

He didn't know her intentions, and didn't know what would come of it, but he wasn't going to out himself quite that easily.

tags:
notes: Gift mentioned

close tab

played by

Lady

Andy, Seraphim
She/Her
July 15th
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Socialite
Cadet
Single
19 height
19 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andraste
Andraste Breathnach
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 23:26:11 GMT
Ena shifted at her side, still using the stealth of the shadows to keep mostly out of sight. Andraste knew that she was being followed. Watched. The Zoroark that was a near constant figure in the corner of her eye was not as unobvious as he was trying to be. Ena's senses also weren't something to scoff at, and Andraste could tell when Ena knew the Pokemon was around. It left one feeling both welcome and unwelcome... and she was not sure how she was supposed to take all of it.

Eyeing Thomas from where she settled into the shadows, she skirted slowly through them, watching his every move. Of course, she was armed. She wouldn't dare corner someone dangerous like this without keeping herself safe. The Phantom was a fan of that shotgun, and with his choice of Pokemon about, Andraste couldn't put it past him to have it within hands reach at any second. All it took was a good teleport... Or a Pokemon that could meld into shadows.

"Locked doors. Parts of these tunnels that are completely blocked off in unnatural ways..." Andraste said, violet gaze assessing her opponent. "You left a few days back in the dead of night and took your more... dangerous Pokemon with you. Like the Zoroark that has been trailing my every move since you brought me here," she continued, pausing and reaching a hand casually back against the gun slipped into the back of her trousers. "Training your Pokemon in fatal tactics that only someone hellbent on causing catastrophe would dare teach, including how to take out whole structures."

"I also know that blood smells like. Call it a gift." It was hard not to when your military career was covert black ops and your assignments were never one would find on paper or in a computer system.

- Christmas Advent: used the word 'gift'
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 0:26:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas listened to what the woman had to say. As she continued, he couldn't help but smirk.

"Very good.", Thomas told her, rather darkly. "I'll be honest with you, I knew you'd eventually figure it out. A woman like you, an esteemed soldier, would no doubt dig up my secret. And yes, Kuma Lisa had been watching over you as you stayed.", he continued.

Thomas would snap his fingers. In that moment, Kuma Lisa would dispel the illusion that kept her cloaked.

"The only question I have, is what do you plan on doing with that information?", he'd ask of her.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Lady

Andy, Seraphim
She/Her
July 15th
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Socialite
Cadet
Single
19 height
19 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andraste
Andraste Breathnach
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 0:47:58 GMT
Ena went on the defensive as soon as the Zoroark revealed herself, snarling a sharp warning. The gem on her forehead started to glow, the Pokemon's eyes never leaving her would-be opponent. Andraste didn't stop her, glad for the distance between herself and Thomas' shadow. However, it put her closer to Thomas and she wasn't sure that was something she wanted either...

The darkness in his voice was enough to send a bit of a thrill up her spine, but it wasn't fear. It was challenge. The question on her mind was whether he had wanted her to figure it out or not. Was this all purposeful? Had he hoped she would? To what end? Why?

"Why else would your hoard of Audinos be trained in trauma care..." she said slowly, taking a few more steps toward him, still piecing things together. "Why shouldn't I take this to the League?" Andraste asked, being honest in her questioning. Did he want her to? Or was he baiting her? It was hard to tell.

She reached her hand back to the gun tucked into the back of her pants, wrapping her fingers around the grip slowly.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 1:13:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Zoroark stared down the Espeon as her gem began to glow. Despite her orders, she was prepared to defend herself, and her master, if it came down to it.

As Andraste stepped up to him, Thomas turned to face her.

"Because let's be honest, Lady Breathnach, the League would completely screw it up, as they've consistently done over the past several years. I know why you went after Rocket yourself, because you don't trust the League to handle them properly. So why trust them to deal with me?", he'd ask of her.

"I wouldn't do that.", he warned her, noticing her reaching for the gun.

tags:

close tab

played by

Lady

Andy, Seraphim
She/Her
July 15th
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Socialite
Cadet
Single
19 height
19 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andraste
Andraste Breathnach
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 1:25:41 GMT
Lifting a perfect eyebrow, Andraste watched Thomas turn as he spoke. True, the League was generally ineffective in pretty much everything that they did in Hoenn. Especially at keeping people safe and taking care of big problems... like team Rocket. He was right, and she wasn't going to argue those points. What would be the use in doing so?

His warning was expected, but she reached for the gun anyway, starting to pull it out. Andraste started to lift the gun to inspect it, still watching Thomas carefully. "The League is good for few things... but I'm not sure they'd let a singular man go," she noted absently. "Little fish are easy to take care of in the end," she'd done her fair share of jobs like that. "And you are a little fish, Thomas."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 1:16:47 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"And what benefit would that be to you, Lady Breathnach?", Thomas inquired.

Instinct would kick in, and as soon as she pulled the gun, Thomas would attempt to snatch the firearm from her grasp. If successful, he would quickly back away from her, all while releasing the magazine from the gun, and pulling back the slide to eject the chambered bullet. He would then follow this up by tossing the magazine and unloaded gun to separate sides of the cavern.

Either way, he'd keep his eye on her, ready for her next move.

"I don't want to hurt you!", Thomas declared. Despite this, he would defend himself.

One thing was for sure, this would not be a very merry occasion.

tags:
notes: Merry used

close tab

played by

Lady

Andy, Seraphim
She/Her
July 15th
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Socialite
Cadet
Single
19 height
19 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andraste
Andraste Breathnach
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 14:59:21 GMT
Andraste scoffed a little. It was no real benefit to her because the League was entirely useless in her book. They couldn't really do anything right, but she was forced to seem like she supported them. For propriety sake. And for the sake of her father, who was no doubt still feeling the same grief that she was over the death of her mother and brother.

Thomas grabbing the gun from her was no surprise. In fact, she allowed it, not moving from where she stood. "I was going to put it down, but that works," she said, observing the multiple pieces scattered in different directions. Lifting an eyebrow, Andraste crossed her arms against her chest, observing him carefully.

"It doesn't serve me at all," she countered, "You're strong, but you've also been reckless about all of this," she said, "What made you think I wouldn't figure you out, Thomas?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Unification (Social)
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 19:15:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Couldn't take the chance.", Thomas pointed out. A gun was a gun, after all.

"You're right, I have been reckless.", Thomas replied.

There was no arguing against that. He brought a witness directly to his Ranch after one of his attacks. Someone who could put the pieces together, at that. He had allowed her to stay on the Ranch for an extended period of time, more than long enough to put those pieces together. And during the course of her stay, he went on yet another hunt, which practically sealed his fate.

"What makes you think I didn't want you to figure it out, Lady Breathnach?", he'd ask.

As he stood at a distance, he still watched her intently. He wasn't going to attack her, not unless she attacked first. Kuma Lisa was much the same, staring down the Espeon in front of her, but not going on the offensive either.

"After all, we're not so different. We both want Rocket blood, do we not?"

tags:

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights