1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 18:35:39 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]He’d spent weeks knitting that stupid quilt for Alex. Long hours in the hospital, waiting for his transfusions to be done. Long nights, up late, where he couldn’t sleep, watching the glow of the rift hobbling their city in the distance.

He was finally, finally, finally done. Folded it neatly and put it in a gift bag. Stored it in his closet.

The next few days, he was jittery with nerves, willing the holiday to come sooner so he could give the gift he’d worked so hard on. He’d taken to checking on it, frequently, just to make sure it was still there.

Until one day it wasn’t.

Cut to scene location, the Gym: Memo, arms crossed, looking expectantly at his boyfriend, trying not to frown but failing a little.

“You wouldn’t have happened to have done some pre-Christmas snooping, would you?”
[attr="class","samjertag"]
mission: trapinch who stole x-mas
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 13:53:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, to be fair—

He’d gotten so caught up with putting up the decorations he’d literally hyperfocused on that and little else. There was a ‘scarf’ of tinsel hanging loosely around his neck as he turned around to blink at the—was that an accusation that was thrown his way?

“Wha—?” he blinked out of surprise. What was going on?

It was all too easy to tell if he was lying or not. In this instance, there was nothing but the truth on his face.

“What makes you ask that? I wouldn’t!” he exclaimed a few moments later, blinking again.

“Are you accusing me of something?”

There was glitter all over his hands okay—from the tinsel, mind. Half the house looked like it was still living pre-holidays, the other half was already decked out in festive cheer.

What was going on…?

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 23:47:41 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Alex looked like something the holiday had sneezed out, covered in tinsel, pieces of garland hanging from his hair. He was very, very cute.

No, Guillermo. You mustn’t let him win. Your adorable powers have no effect on me, villain!

But he said no, and, honestly, Memo didn’t know which answer he was dreading more. His face fell from something vaguely irritated to pure distress and he heaved a sigh.

“I’m just… missing some important presents that have somehow disappeared from my closet.”

Had he moved it, and forgotten? Had he suddenly started sleepwalking?

God forbid, did they have ghosts?!

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 15:30:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Presents?”

He tilted his head in his boyfriend’s direction in clear, evident confusion.

He wasn’t dumb, after all—he knew that the holidays were around the corner, but of course he also had his own gift… gifts, rather… for his boyfriend hidden in his own room.

“Have you made sure to check everywhere in your room?” he asked, making sure that the other had already turned the place upside-down searching for whatever this was that he had lost.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 21:30:34 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]“Yeah. Turned the whole closet inside out.”

He had, in fact, quite literally plunged into a spiraling panic that sent every piece of clothing in said closet flying to the ground. He was seconds away from ripping the drywall off when he finally calmed down enough to rationalize that the gift bag was no longer in his closet.

His stomach began to turn with worry. He’d spent so long on the quilt-- not to mention the times he’d worked on it had been very emotional. It felt quite cathartic to weave the happiness and love into the fabric, like he was storing it there for safekeeping, to give to Alex.

And now it was gone.

Okay, now you’re being a drama queen, he said, pressing fingers into his brow to get himself back under some semblance of control.

“Maybe one of the kids took it…”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 12:08:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Are you going to grill all the kids through a mock trial to ask them who took whatever this is that you’re looking for?” he hummed.

He wondered if Zelle had anything to do with it, but then again… Zelle was mostly kept under lock and key so she didn’t start wrecking every single damned thing she set her sights on.

He then looked over at the tree that had very recently gone up—there were some presents there—hmm.

“Have you checked the pile under the tree?”

Because most of what was under the tree were gifts for their insane herd of indoor ‘children’. (Which was mostly William.)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 18:43:31 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]“I mean, maybe,” Memo said, then realized Alex was making a joke. “Oh. Did I come in a little hot? I didn’t mean to… grill you. Sorry.”

He made to head back to the flat proper, still puzzling over what could’ve happened, when Alex threw out his latest suggestion.

“Oh… no, actually, I haven’t. I didn’t want anyone snooping.”
And by anyone he meant Will. “I’ll go look there!”

And he was off, with renewed hope and vigor.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 18:47:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Honestly, the way that his boyfriend had brought up the fact that there were holiday presents missing meant that even he had to check if the same had happened to him as well… whoops.

“Yeah, you look there, it might’ve ended up with the rest of the presents…” he went on, watching as the other made their way over to the tree and began to search in earnest.

Meanwhile, he decided to backtrack into his own room and go into the walk-in closet to check if his own present for the other man was still there, hidden in the same spot where he’d left it just a few days ago.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 23:24:21 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Memo began rifling through the boxes and packages and bags stacked underneath the tree, becoming slightly more frantic with each one he moved. Once he’d gotten through all of them, he started again, physically lifting and checking to see if, by some miracle of magic, his bag with the quilt had disappeared underneath them-- even thought most of them were too small for that to be possible.

“It isn’t here,” he says, voice bordering on a whine, on his knees at the base of the Christmas tree. He has to pin his hands to his thighs to stop himself from ripping all the packages open. “That’s impossible. It can’t just disappear!”

A small herd of Wooloo watch him from a distance, wary of flying boxes.

Memo thinks he hears laughter, faint enough to be imagined, from somewhere far away. He grinds the heels of his palms into his eyes.

“Gah, I’m losing my mind.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 14:13:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

While his boyfriend was searching, so was he…

And Memo would be met with an equally-frantic Alex some minutes later.

A mess of incoherent words tumbled out of his mouth as he pointed inside his own room, stammering and gasping and just stringing together random… nonsense words that were clearly tinged with panic.

He didn’t realize he was already spouting fucking Runglish in the process before he saw the other man trying not to flip the tree over…

“I—my… I’m also missing… I’m also missing gifts! he managed to gasp out once his braincells had a chance to bonk against each other and reboot his malfunctioning brain.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 21:21:40 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Just when he thought maybe he needed to take a nap Alex appeared, looking slightly frantic. Memo immediately switched from panic to soothe in the face of his boyfriend’s concerned eyes and the way he rattled off a series of sounds that were neither English nor Russian.

Alex’s garbled admission that he, too, was the victim of theft-- there was no doubt in Memo’s mind that this could be anything other than theft-- had him rolling up his metaphorical sleeves and channeling his best Benoit Blanc.

“Okay, arrange the suspects,” he says, meaning every one of their little menagerie, “and I really will grill them--,”

There’s a strange noise, like water dropping into a big, wide, pool, and then reversing-- an inside-out bloop.

An Abra teleports into their living room, grabs a wrapped parcel, and then disappears again with the ghost of a snicker.

Memo is caught staring with his mouth open.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 16:20:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“How many times am I going to have to tell you it’s not their fa—” he insisted, dropping off as he saw the look of silent shock freeze on his boyfriend’s features.

“What? What is it? Did… did you see anything?! he hurriedly asked the other, his own eyes sweeping around the premises—at least the part he could see.

He couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary, though.

“Have you… have you decided not to grill the herd?”

Or did he have to prepare for a Judge Judy-esque set up in t-minus thirty minutes or so?

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 16:36:33 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]“There-- there was--,” he stammered, pushing by Alex to stumble into the living room. It was almost as though he could see the ghost of the package that had been there. “It-- it teleported--,”

That little yellow psychic rat!

He resisted the urge to yell a challenge to the open air, feeling like villains in Home Alone. Instead, a burble of exasperated Spanish escaped him as he began to peer at the walls, clambering up on furniture to look in vents and dropping to his knees to look under furniture.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 0:31:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment his boyfriend mentioned ‘teleported’, oh boy…

“…do I need to find someone from my armada that has Imprison and knows Teleport so we can catch the little shit?”

At least it wasn’t any member of the innocent ovine horde. He knew that there were several sets of beady eyes watching the meltdown happening—and steering clear of the two as much as possible because at least this time they knew they had absolutely nothing to do with this!

“How do we catch it, if I can’t find my Imprison Pokémon in time?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
all ye faithful [m, c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 16:37:09 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]After a few more frantic moments of searching and babbling, Memo finally froze. He inhaled and exhaled deeply, straightening and, more or less, getting his shit together.

“We set a trap,” he said, calmly, as though this were the direst thing in the world, a case of life and death, and not some runaway Abra stealing Christmas presents for funsies.

He went to his room without another word and broke into his stash of holiday bags. Opening one with a Christmas Stantler, he brought it to the living room. Then, he filled it with all the heaviest objects he could find: his steel-toed boots and dumbbell weights and friggin’ rocks from a decorative display of them, then cinched the bag tight and stapled it for good measure. He stuck the biggest, fanciest bows on it to make it look ostentatious and valuable-- he didn’t know what attracted the little, yellow rat.

All in a sort of manic silence derived from anger.

"And now we wait."