played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
Dance the Night Away [Masque]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 18:14:47 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest6"]
[attr="class","gunstest6body"]

Xiura smiles, partly in relief and partly out of giddiness, happy that he () said yes!
[break][break]
"I'm so happy you said yes!" she says, taking John's hand and looking towards the dance floor with a grin. "This is my first masquerade, how about you? Winter themes make for such pretty decorations, and everyone's dressed so nicely!" She gives her dance partner a once-over, just in case she might know him: blond hair, pressed black suit with bowtie, black mask, and a top hat. She smiles again upon deciding that, no, she definitely does not know this person.
[break][break]
"Including you! The top hat is a fun touch." Nerves make her a little more talkative than usual with this perfect stranger, and perhaps the Starlight Champagne has lent a little looseness to her tongue. On any other occasion, perhaps she might feel a little ashamed of this, but the alcohol dulls any embarrassment she might feel into a pleasant warmth. And from John's general hesitation, he may be feeling the same way: nervous. But that's all right!
[break][break]
"I'm Xiu... no. Juno. You can call me Juno tonight!" she laughs. "And what about your name?"
[break][break]
While waiting for his answer, she puts down her champagne glass on a nearby table, then tugs at his hand, pulling him onto the dance floor amid the other dancing couples, lilac and violet skirts swaying around her ankles.
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit: Gown, Mask, and Hair[break]
- Winter Masquerade spin-off thread[break]
- Mission: Merry Masquerade

[attr="class","gunstest6pkmn"]

[attr="class","gunstest6credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#bb7aeb;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
everyday i think a little less like how i did when i was younger
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 21:49:12 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
John associates dancing with delighted squeals and spirited screams. With hot bodies in a dense press, flailing limbs, bruises and busted lips. Loud music and communal catharsis. That is not at all what the young lady holding his hand leads him towards.

Which isn't a surprise, right? But it is another way John finds himself totally out of his depth here at this party.

"I mean, it would be rude to say no, right?" John replies with a less tremulous smile than he'd offered before -- at least that's something to be said for the calmer, less crowded dance floor; less anxiety over potentially bumping a council member -- before taking a sip of his sazerac. The warmth of the whiskey is a comfort. The rest of it . . . he could probably do without. Sorry Giddy.

"Yeah, these kinds of dances aren't my scene," he admits, taking another drink, "and really, don't feel like you need to be polite on my behalf. This is just whatever was kicking around in the back of my closet. I uh . . . was convinced this invitation was a postal error until pretty much this morning."

Not that John's ever known to make that kind of mistake, but it made more sense than 'office worker gets invited to the biggest event of the season'.

As they draw from the peripheries of the dance floor and towards the true body of it he throws back the rest of his drink and quickly slides the now empty tumbler across the table Juno leaves her glass on. He lets himself be tugged and looks around the floor for a hint as to what they're doing out here. Waltzing. Ah, fuck.

"You can call me uh . . ." Are they doing fake names? Juno seems to want to do fake names, and he can't bring himself to break out of the fun frame she's placing everything in, "Johnny?"

That's just his name isn't it?

He can't help the way he looks to the ceiling imploringly. Why wasn't he born with a little more brains for moments like this? It's a self-deprecating gesture that lasts only a moment before he takes a breath and steels himself to push forward. He looks down at the young woman in front of him and does his best to pull her into something resembling proper dance posture. Lifting their connected hands and using his other to gently -- watching her face to ensure it's okay all the while -- grip her waist.

"And uh, you also look lovely. Sorry, I'm terrible at this -- the small talk, I think terrible might be too tame a word for my dancing," he mumbles, eyes staring at her feet to make sure he doesn't step on them, "your dress is a very nice purple and the way you've braided your hair into those buns is sweet."
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 13:04:41 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest6"]
[attr="class","gunstest6body"]

"Johnny!" Xiura says with delight. "Johnny. It's very nice to meet you."
[break][break]
It really is, and it's very endearing how polite his compliments are in return. "Johnny," she repeats, letting him guide her into a partner position for the waltz. She places her left hand on his shoulder. The sweetly resonant music of the orchestra's "All I Want for Christmas is You" filters through the atmosphere, mingled with the laughter and conversation of people around them. "I'm glad you came, with your back-of-the-closet top hat. I was a little worried I wouldn't find a dance partner." She grins, the corners of her eyes crinkling with good humor behind her mask.
[break][break]
They transition into the first steps of the waltz, Xiura dividing her concentration between small talk and the dance. Even with the split attention, she can't help but tease, drawn in by his self-effacement. "You're not terrible at this," she says, "and my feet and I are very understanding if a misdemeanor occurs."
[break][break]
She calmly sidesteps his foot, adding, "And thank you. About my hair, especially. It took a bit longer than expected. My Clefairy was in charge of spraying down all the strays. Did she do well?"
[break][break]
Of course, Xiura already knows the answer, and she laughs to remember Clefairy meticulously spraying hairspray everywhere, all the while wearing a cloth mask taped at the cheeks so it would stay on. "I didn't want her to breathe in the aerosol, so she wore a face mask. It was very funny--I wish I had taken a picture." She looks down, momentarily shy about how much she's talking to a stranger--this potential new friend. It's a bit harder to gauge his reaction with the mask in the way. But, then again, it's Juno who's conversing tonight, not Xiura, and so, why be ashamed?
[break][break]
They stay relatively confined to one area, in their small, invisible box of ballroom steps: 1-2-3, 1-2-3. "Small talk takes a lot of concentration," she admits. "It's helpful that the waltz is pretty simple. When you're not waltzing, what do you do for fun?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit: Gown, Mask, and Hair[break]
- Winter Masquerade spin-off thread

[attr="class","gunstest6pkmn"]

[attr="class","gunstest6credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#bb7aeb;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
everyday i think a little less like how i did when i was younger
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 20:33:34 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
It's hard to tell if it's the beginning of a buzz from the sazerac or the rare experience of having someone flatter him, but John's cheeks go a bit pink as the younger woman speaks. What is with kids and being nice to him today? First that blond and now Juno.

"Well then, I'll do my best to stick to misdemeanors. No felony charges for me tonight," he mumbles, eyes still fixed on the ground but voice attempting to affect some level of levity. As the conversation spins on he does his best to follow in more ways than one. John knows waltzes aren't supposed to be straight back and forth so he does his best to lead his lady-of-the-moment into a turn. It's ugly and off beat but he does manage not to stomp on her toes in the process.

Once it's completed 'successfully' he feels daring enough to look up and confirm the state of Juno's hair before replying.

"I mean, it looks good to me?" he offers with a smile, "I don't know much about hair but I had friends who used to wear theirs kind of like that for concerts. Always thought it looked rad."

It's a good choice of response because it leads easily into the next. What he does for fun.

"Not a lot of time for it, but I try to fit in my hobbies. I keep up with the pro circuit -- for battling -- and sometimes squeeze in time for music if I'm lucky."

For some reason it feels improper to talk at length about other forms of entertainment. Drunken nights with the department and other less savory things. This place is too pretty for discussion of activities so depressing.
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]