GENERAL
]
[attr="class","frbackinleft"]
[attr="class","frbackinimg"]
[attr="class","frbackinimg2"]

[attr="class","frbackinright"]
[attr="class","frbackinrighttop"]

[attr="class","ion-coffee"]

When did we stop aiming for the top? We're on a slow march to the middle. It happened again, we stayed out till 10am. Oh, my biggest fear is that I'll end up just where I'm headed.

[attr="class","frbackinrightbot"]

john was just your average kid from a busted home: rebellious, passionate, against everything his parents stood for. he started a punk band in his early teens with a few friends and then started his gym challenge shortly after his bandmates gifted him his first pokemon. at that age he thought he could do it all. change the world with his music and be a champion for normal-type pokemon.
[break][break]
neither came to pass. the band broke up before he turned twenty and his dreams of being an ace trainer burned out before he turned thirty when he failed repeatedly to get a fifth badge. now he's just your average jo working in an office.
[break][break]

[break]

FRIENDS

john is relatively well liked in his daily life. he's a hard-worker, dependable, and he does a good job pretending to like his job -- hoping you really can make it if you fake it long enough. that said he's not close with most people in his life. the charade gets in the way of the real him too much, keeping people at a distance. keeping himself at a distance.[break][break]

ENEMIES

a big part of that charade is the love-hate relationship he has with work. he's good at what he does but it's not what he wants to be doing, and sometimes it shows -- in the way he's snippy with workers struggling to keep up and harsh on those clumsy with details. the part of him that hated rules and authority in his younger years also still lurks just under the surface.[break][break]

LOVERS

seventy hours of work a week, drinking with coworkers at the end of each day, and then going home to catch up on the pro circuit takes just about all the time john has save snippets used for shopping and breathing. romance isn't in the cards for him right now, but god he wishes it was. he desperately wants a boyfriend almost as much as anything else.[break][break]

RELATIONSHIPS

[break][break]
@ goes here - relationship in <5 words

[attr="class","frbackinbot"]

JOHN[break]
NELSON

[attr="class","ion-chevron-right"]
LEAGUE CIVILIAN[break]
OFFICE WORKER (P.O.G. BANK)
HOMOSEXUAL

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:500px;height:570px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frbackintab"]
[attr="class","ion-key"]

HOOKS
]

[attr="class","ion-key"]

When did we stop aiming for the top? We're on a slow march to the middle. It happened again, we stayed out till 10am. Oh, my biggest fear is that I'll end up just where I'm headed.

[attr="class","frbackinrightbot2"]

CHILDHOOD FRIENDS

what it says on the tin! slateport natives around john's age who may have known him in school or otherwise. his old bandmates would be amazing, especially. maybe those who set out on the gym challenge with him -- maybe they overlap! i don't know! let's talk : )[break][break]

COMPANY & COWORKERS

holy shit there are so many companies on this site and i didn't want to be presumptuous so if anyone would like to be the place he does data entry lmk. i picture him in a lower/middle management role. John works in data entry at P.O.G. Banking. Any coworkers at that company would have an easy time plotting with him.[break][break]

OLD RIVALS

similar to the childhood friends hook but broader. anyone of any age who was on their gym challenge between the years of 2003 and 2013 and might have struck up a rivalry of any intensity with john are welcome to plot here. how was the rivalry? were they neck and neck or did you blow john out of the water?[break][break]

THEY MADE IT

more overlap, maybe these hooks aren't all deserving of their own spots . . . but yeah this is the broadest of the trainer-years plots because it's just faces from '03 to '13 who are still actively running at a professional level. people who were rookies at the same time as john and have since far surpassed where he fell off.[break][break]

NEVER TOO LATE

this is probably the biggest hook! i want desperately for john to try to chase his battling dreams again and for that to happen in a way satisfying to me (lmao) he needs motivation! someone he can get in a drunken battle with, someone from his past who can tell he's miserable, a young up and comer he can root for and who can rekindle his spark; anything and everything that could get a thirty-something off his ass one last time.[break][break]

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:500px;height:570px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frbackintab"]
[attr="class","ion-plane"]

TRACKER
]

[attr="class","ion-plane"]

[attr="class","frbackinrightbot2"]

ACTIVE

[break][break]
familiar faces [x][break]
-- slateport city (ld)
[break][break]
need a designated . . . flyer? [x][break]
-- lilycove city
[break][break]
incoming! [x][break]
-- slateport beach
[break][break]
winter masquerade [x][break]
@event -- slateport city (ud)
[break][break]
dance the night away [x][break]
-- slateport city (ud)
[break][break]
slippery slope [x][break]
-- mossdeep city
[break][break]
make time [x][break]
-- mossdeep city
[break][break]
guys being dudes [x][break]
-- slateport city (ld)
[break][break]
second wind [x][break]
-- slateport city (ld)
[break][break]
a gig's a gig [x][break]
-- slateport beach
[break][break]
reimagine it [x][break]
, -- route 110 (mauville city)
[break][break]
battles for dummies [x][break]
-- rustboro city
[break][break]

INACTIVE

[break][break]
thread name -- @ goes here
[break][break]

COMPLETED

[break][break]
help me, please [x][break]
-- "slateport city"
[break][break]
off the clock [x][break]
-- slateport city (ld)
[break][break]
is this gardening? [x][break]
-- route 110 (mauville city)
[break][break]
pay day. pay less. p.o.g. bank. [x][break]
-- slateport city (ud)
[break][break]
resolution [x][break]
solo wild -- slateport city (ud)
[break][break]
warmup round [x][break]
solo wild -- route 116 (rustboro city)
[break][break]

[/PTabbedContent={width:500px;background-color:transparent;height:570px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;}]
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[newclass=.frbackin]width:520px;padding:20px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackin1]height:570px;width:500px;padding:9px;background-color:#1b1b1b;border:solid 1px #111111;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frbackintab]position:absolute;font:9px Roboto Mono;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.2px;z-index:10;margin:150px 0px 0px 35px;line-height:10px;height:10px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackintab div]width:10px!important;color:#ffffff!important;padding-right:10px;text-align:center;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackin .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:rgba(33,33,33,.65);font:9px Roboto Mono;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;z-index:10;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackin .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:rgba(33,33,33,1);font:9px Roboto Mono;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:10;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackin .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:rgba(33,33,33,1);font:9px Roboto Mono;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;z-index:10;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackin .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:rgba(33,33,33,1);font:9px Roboto Mono;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;z-index:10;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frbackinleft]padding:25px;background-color:#999999;height:520px;float:left;position:relative;z-index:-1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinimg]height:90px;width:90px;padding:9px;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.15);border:solid 1px rgba(33,33,33,.25);[/newclass]

[newclass=.frbackinright]border:solid 1px #111111;background-color:#202020;margin-left:170px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrighttop]border-bottom:solid 1px #111111;background-color:#171717;padding:25px;font:bold 7px Roboto;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrighttop i]float:right;font-size:40px;line-height:35px;padding-left:15px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrightbot]margin:25px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;color:#999999;height:296px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrightbot h1]font:bold 19px Raleway;line-height:15px;text-transform:lowercase;float:left;padding:0px 12px 5px 0px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrightbot::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background: #111111;border:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrightbot::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 1px;background-color:#1b1b1b;border:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrightbot2]margin:25px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;color:#999999;height:439px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrightbot2 h1]font:bold 19px Raleway;line-height:15px;text-transform:lowercase;float:left;padding:0px 12px 5px 0px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrightbot2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background: #111111;border:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinrightbot2::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 1px;background-color:#1b1b1b;border:0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frbackinbot]background-color:#111111;margin:10px 0px 0px 170px;padding:30px;text-align:right;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;font:9px Roboto Mono;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinbot h1]letter-spacing:0px;font:30px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:20px;text-transform:lowercase;color:#dddddd;padding-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinbot h1 b]font-weight:800!important;color:#999999;line-height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frbackinbot i]padding:0px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
everyday i think a little less like how i did when i was younger
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 15:28:18 GMT
john nelson Avatar
Maybe a second character at some point : )
close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
webnovelist / council assistant
civilian
if desire is the heart’s intransigent verb.
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 15:03:03 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar

hello doe!! welcome to hoenn! i don't know if this is anything, but it feels like it could maybe be something, so i'm dropping in

SO nagi's father was just like john: a young upstart who couldn't make it in the gym circuit. he grew into a bitter, divorced alcoholic unable to move past his just-shy-of-glory days. and i think, should nagi know john, he might see the spectre of his estranged father in him. i’m not sure how john would take that — someone looking at him and seeing like… the worst-case scenario for his middle-aged years. beyond that though — they don’t really run in the same circles. maybe they could have met online? or bumped into each other in hoenn? or if you’d prefer, we could always table this and wait for an opportunity for them to meet and interact more organically in the future

again, i don’t know if this is anything, so feel free to take it/leave it/reshape it as you wish!

also a+ choice in fcs :')
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 19:00:19 GMT
john nelson Avatar
JOHN NELSON &&

Hey there! Thanks for the welcome : )

I really like this concept, actually! It's definitely not nothing, in fact I think you might be on the right track that it's potentially something! At least as far as the core thrust of this goes. John isn't really on his way to a happy mid-life, and he knows this! For years he's been trying to get over his failed battling career and no matter what he does he goes to bed thinking about it every night. It wouldn't be unfair to see Nagi's father as one of a number of futures ahead of him staying on this current path and hearing that denying his ambition and wallowing in regret could potentially hurt others around him would be food for thought!

This definitely falls under the category of my NEVER TOO LATE hook and I would love to find some way for the two of them to have that talk. That said you're right that they're really not in the same circles. Some ideas that came to me right away were:

1) John has been trying out a number of hobbies, among them he's recently tried out a VRMMO -- they could meet in this
2) I can see John being bored on a lunch break and stumbling onto one of Nagi's webnovels and potentially irritating him with some well-meaning but ignorant comment. Isekai being a wish-fulfillment genre does mean he's in the demographic.
3) Literally just bumping into each other like you said. There are a number of missions that could push that or we could just do a social!

This site has really energized me so I have to say I'd be happy to roll with just about anything if it means getting another plot rolling haha
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 19:34:29 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Hi Doe! Nice to see another enjoyer of Just Some Guy™ characters!

My boy isn't a Coworker per say, but they do make frequent appearances at POG Bank! They run their own small delivery service and often drop off packages to the Slateport branch, despite usually catering to more rural areas. They're pretty unassuming at a glance, but somehow it seems like they're friends with 's boss, ? And there's a rumor around the office that the two of them and some kid () had to get taken away in an ambulance once??

I could see them shooting the shit while Locke's waiting for deliveries to be signed off, just lamenting together about trying to live normal lives in a crazy place like Hoenn, and how hard it is to get dates when you're working 90% of the time.

As for Never Too Late, Locke isn't really interested in the gym circuit or battles as a whole, but my goal for the next year is for him to start learning the ins and outs of it so he can finally defend himself. He might need someone outside of his usual social circle to give him objective critique, and possibly encourage him to take on gyms to push himself out of his comfort zone. Maybe if John were to lead by example...
close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
webnovelist / council assistant
civilian
if desire is the heart’s intransigent verb.
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 16:51:31 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar

absolutely! i'm excited to see how their character dynamics play out, and we can figure out how to build up to the plot hook from there.

i think all the scenarios you proposed work well! we even could do them in sequence over multiple threads haha — that said, i was poking through some of the missions closing at the end of this month, and if you haven't done minior mayhem, i think it might be a good place to have them meet! nothing gets people bonding like the shared experience of being pelted with earthbound comets. of course, if you have other missions in mind, i'd be a-okay with those as well. let me know what you think~
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 8:11:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
I'M HERE TO PLOT WITH EDGY GIRL ♡ I have 2 options for you:

@ichika ✖
Obv you've plotted with Mars before so I won't go into all the details about him, but since he's one of Rocket's underbosses, I'm offering him as an option if you want Ichika to meet one of her bosses! IDK how much you've looked into The MAGMA Division, but Mars is one of its directors and it's a great way to plot training threads and what not through its training sector. I'd happily do something like that or an unrelated Rocket mission!

@ichika ✖
Now, Ceri is my other Rocket character and she's very different from Mars! She's closer to Ichika's age (22) but she's a Toxicologist who is part of Rocket's science department and is currently going to grad school. I think they could be friends! Ceri is very enthusiastic and outgoing, and they could make for a nice contrast. When it comes to Rocket work, I'm open to missions and we could also do MAGMA things with them if you want, but more focused towards helping with Ceri's research, I think.

Let me know what you think ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 16:32:38 GMT
john nelson Avatar
JOHN NELSON &&
Just Some Guys(tm)!!!! John isn't a massive rumors kinda guy (work is for work, dammit! gossip on your own time!) but it sounds like it's impossible not to hear about Locke's misadventures with the boss man so that definitely turns him from "just a delivery guy" to "delivery guy with a story to tell" -- and while he's definitely still not trying to get sidetracked during work hours they can definitely get some incidental conversations in. John signing off on shit while the pokemon carry it in, Locke coming through with something while John is on a smoke break.

The craziness of Hoenn, the impossibility of the everyman to just live in the region, and the lovelife woes of working round the clock are definitely all topics John would happily engage Locke in.

I actually really really like the way you've tied in Locke's year-goals to my plot hook that's real clever! Yeah! I want excuses for John to start battling and training on a more casual level before I start having him chase his dreams again and helping Locke figure out the ropes sounds like a great excuse for that! Maybe while they're talking the usual shit Locke can mention how he wants to be able to defend himself better and John can jokingly be like "yeah I was a real ace back in my day" and accidentally get roped into helping??? They can have a friendly amateur vs rusty casual battle or something where John focuses on trying to get the basics covered?

ICHIKA TAKAHASHI &&

Boy am I ever getting familiar with this boy, but yes! Honestly a lot of Ichika's involvement in Rocket in the specific I'd like to tie to advisement and needs from higher ups. She's a grade-A follower lackey who was sent to Kanto mostly as a trial run to see that she can function in the organization as a whole without living like a complete prisoner. All she'd really need is to catch wind that MAGMA needs more bodies and she'd find her way to Martin or make it clear she's available. All the more if it means filling some of her empty hours with training.

CONTROL I. would probably be of immediate interest to Ichika. Being from Kanto her familiarity with all the new kinds of evolutions and power ups in Hoenn is lacking, and she's always looking for ways to squeeze more out of her pokemon. Mega Evolution especially is so obviously flashy and powerful. She wants.

ICHIKA TAKAHASHI &&

I feel like it's a bit boring of me, but really kind of the same thing here sans the bits about leaders and higher ups yada yada. While there's practically no chance Ichika is initially interested in friendship if she's told "this scientist is going out to look for samples, help her and cover her back" she's going to go do it. I imagine their first thread would be a lot of Ichika doing what she's told and fumbling through the casual conversation Ceri tries for. She might be curious about what college is like since she hasn't been to school since she was fifteen -- which sounds like it might be a bummer but with the way Ichika navigates emotions (not at all) it would probably just be more awkwardness which I'm all about but WHO KNOWS. I hope this is something. I feel like I'm not giving you as much on Ichika as I did on John : /
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 12:25:42 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
That all sounds perfect to me!! Pokemon Pedagogy seems like a good mission for to start teaching the basics! Post-PAAA and Zero to One Hundred would also work for Locke to catch John up on all of the recent shenanigans that've been happening in Hoenn. A Duo Wild to simultaneously build up John's PC or a simple social could also make great starters!
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 21:16:01 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
I'm interested in plotting with @ichika! Andrea is 19, so very close to Ichika's own age, but the two are different as night and day. Andrea is bubbly, eccentric, optimistic, and very eager to befriend people. It'd be interesting to see the two interact. Her overwhelming positivity could help with Ichika's OUT OF YOUR SHELL plot hook.

We could also go for more conflict-focused plots, where Ichika is trying to do Rocket things and Andrea is the "twerp" constantly getting in her way. It would be neat to explore Andrea's reaction to someone almost the same age as her being so cold and ruthless.

Andrea's application
Andrea's infamy file

DM or tag me on discord if interested. I go by Kost.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
doe's dang dude
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 16:53:33 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Heyooooo, there's a lot of similarities between John and Callan that I vibe with. Both are once-failed musicians, both specialized in normal types, both were burned out of their dreams. Only difference was that Callan had a stroke of luck and managed to make it, interested in doing a mission with Callan sometime?