[attr="class","heartnotestwilight"]

howling at the moon
[break]
mission

[attr="class","heartsidetwilight"]

[attr="class","hearttagtwilight"]

[attr="class","hearttextboxtwilight"]

[attr="class","hearttexttwilight"]
"So I fall over right-and it's like the worst slip n' slide you can imagine, I'm talking sand everywhere. I'm still finding it in places I didn't even know sand could be."

[break][break]

Normally when Locke relayed his most recent misadventures to Mr. Nelson it was in the weary drones of someone complaining about a string of bad weather-only replacing 'bad weather' with 'things trying to kill him'.

[break][break]

That day's retelling of his ill-timed arrival in Littleroot had been much the same, up until the part where the sinkhole appeared underneath the theater there. The courier's mood had brightened considerably on reaching the climax-perhaps in part due to this not being his first bar of the night-despite the perilous tale and the bandages that still remained wrapped around his body as evidence of its veracity.

[break][break]

A pair of Sazeracs clinked against the table as they were placed there by the bearded bartender, which Locke accepted one and passed the other across the counter in one motion before continuing.

[break][break]

"Anyway-guess who jumps in and grabs me? Guess."

Nano

[newclass=.hearttwilight]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#FFFAF0; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpictwilight] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #FFFAF0, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/tAqhamz.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticontwilight] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/7eDVJ0p.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpkmnlisttwilight] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartpkmntwilight] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#FFFAF0; border:solid 1px #F0964B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextboxtwilight] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttexttwilight] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttexttwilight b] color:#F0964B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartsidetwilight] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnoteboxtwilight] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#fff; border:solid 1px #F0964B; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotestwilight] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttagtwilight] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#fff; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholdertwilight] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #F0964B; padding:10px; border-right-color: #FFFFFF; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttexttwilight::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttexttwilight::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#F0964B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotestwilight::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotestwilight::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#F0964B; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
everyday i think a little less like how i did when i was younger
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
Guys Being Dudes [Bar Crawl]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 0:52:42 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Locke Jamison was good people. He was good when you needed something delivered on time, he was good when you were on your smoke break and he was waiting on the IT guys to sign something, and he was good in your fourth bar on New Years Eve. John had thought all of these but the last one for a while -- and only because the last one hadn't come up until just today.

"Locke there's so many people it could be," John complained good naturedly, trying to keep up the boisterous spirit Locke had injected into what was really a rather dire recounting of life and death events, "I don't know, did the kid dive in after you?"

John was fairly certain he remembered a kid coming up in an earlier part of this story. A young girl, maybe? Regardless he was sure there had to be someone who matched that description. It was a sad truth of Hoenn that just as sure as another calamity would strike, some of the cleanup would inevitably be handled by the region's youth. Look no further than for the truth in that.

A silent toast to them, then. Disguised as one to whoever Locke said saved his ass from that pit.

He threw back the Sazerac in exactly the way Giddy always complained he oughtn't before flagging the bartender for another.
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 16:23:29 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hearttwilight"]
[attr="class","heartpictwilight"]
[attr="class","heartpkmnlisttwilight"]

[attr="class","heartpkmntwilight"]

[attr="class","hearticonholdertwilight"]
[attr="class","hearticontwilight"]
[attr="class","heartnoteboxtwilight"]

howling at the moon
[break]
mission

"," he revealed gleefully, drops of Sazerac spilling over as he gestured wildly. "The Pokénger!"

[break][break]

Locke leaned against the counter with a wistful sigh.

[break][break]

"It was just like something out of a comic book, Mr. Nelson," they recounted. "His arms were as thick as tree branches. And his abs…"

[break][break]

The entire ordeal was almost worth it for those few glorious seconds tucked into the warm boobas of a real superhero. End of the world be damned.

Nano

[newclass=.hearttwilight]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#FFFAF0; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpictwilight] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #FFFAF0, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/tAqhamz.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticontwilight] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/7eDVJ0p.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpkmnlisttwilight] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartpkmntwilight] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#FFFAF0; border:solid 1px #F0964B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextboxtwilight] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttexttwilight] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartsidetwilight] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnoteboxtwilight] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#fff; border:solid 1px #F0964B; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotestwilight] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttagtwilight] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#fff; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholdertwilight] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #F0964B; padding:10px; border-right-color: #FFFFFF; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttexttwilight::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttexttwilight::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#F0964B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotestwilight::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotestwilight::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#F0964B; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 16:29:25 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Locke's answer sure makes more sense than John's offer. He's not sure he likes it better, though. Pokenger. What a divisive guy. Part of John wants to celebrate him like the boy beside him (like much of Hoenn, he's a war hero after all) but there's a part of him that chafes thinking about the vigilante. Any vigilante, really.

Maybe it's uncharitable, but he can't help but draw comparisons between his sort and Rocket. Their shared philosophy that so long as they think what they're doing is for the 'greater good' it's alright to break the law. The fact that neither have anyone to ensure that they really are working for that good instead of in the name of their egos.

That's almost as much of a bummer to bring up as the region's child soldiers, though. So instead he sips his sazerac and smiles.

"Don't get too worked up over there, Locke," he laughs, "you'll get drool in your drink."
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 14:56:47 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

howling at the moon
[break]
mission

"Lemme have this," he whined. "I'm usually stuck being rescued by rich twinks or kids-s'not every catastrophe I get saved by a himbo god."

[break][break]

Though he up kept a jovial tone there was slight bitterness behind Locke's words, which he tried to drown with another sip of his alcohol.

[break][break]

How many times were they going to be saved from the region's frequent disasters? There was point during this most recent one where they were completely on their own against members of Rocket, helpless to do anything but flee at the first opportunity.

[break][break]

When would their luck run out?

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 2:12:02 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Feels like you're underselling the rich twinks," John replies with a smile, "to each their own though. To your 'himbos' -- whatever that means."

He lifts his class to toast before draining the rest of his drink. The mood settles in a weird place, though. Unspoken feelings from both ends slowly cook the air between them -- souring it like a bit of moo moo milk left out overlong. It should seem obvious, but in Hoenn it's easy to forget that disaster and war make for pretty shit small talk.

"Would be nice if we didn't need any saving, though, wouldn't it?"

So John decides to stop dancing around the Cufant stomping around and stare it in its eyes.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 16:40:30 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

howling at the moon
[break]
mission

"Yeah…" they sighed.

[break][break]

At least most damsels in distress had towers to wait out the disasters befalling their kingdom in-a luxury Locke had only barely managed to obtain recently.

[break][break]

"I'm hopeless at battles though-even my Pokémon know it."

[break][break]

It was a wonder they ever humored him in a real fight, seeing as they always had to resort to relying on their own intuition over their trainer's anyway.

[break][break]

"You used to run around the circuit, right?" he pointed out with another sip of alcohol. "Can't imagine you need much saving when push comes to shove."

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 16:50:12 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"You'd be surprised," John laughed, a self-deprecating edge to the sound, "I challenged the league and did some amateur tournaments, but remember -- I work in an office now."

"My pokemon and I are old and rusty."

And that's where he'd usually end the thought and redirect the conversation, but between this drink and the next he remembers something important. This year that might all change. At the very least he'll be shaking the rust off through whatever training Cian has planned for him. So he pauses, swirls the liquor in his tumbler, and speaks up again.

"Doesn't mean we have to stay that way, though. Me, my pokemon, or you," he says, gesturing with his glass, "I'm planning on doing some training this year. Maybe, come next disaster, I won't have to cower in a bunker."