john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
need a designated . . . flyer? [mission]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 23:26:22 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
It isn't often that he gets together with people outside of Slateport, not often at all. It's usually not worth the cost or the hassle but sometimes his workers deserve it dammit. Sometimes they smash a record and he decides treating them is the way to go. And it was! They loved it!

The only issue is he didn't think that hard about the after. For how he'd get home when he was inevitably the last one "standing". Which is why he's stumbling about Lilycove's streets past dark trying to figure out what his next play is. Maybe a hotel for the night? But he's got work tomorrow . . . Ah, they've gotta have flying taxis somewhere. Everywhere does now, have since they built ties with those other regions.

Sure enough he spots someone tending some kind of big bird under a street lamp, and they look kitted out too! Goggles and everything.

"Hey! Buddy!" he slurs, shouting through cupped hands, "How . . ."

John lists to the side, suddenly very sleepy, before shaking himself and standing as straight as he can currently manage.

"How much for uh . . . from here to Slateport?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 15:46:34 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Okay, so maybe had a point. In his leather jacket and with the goggles hanging around his neck, Angelo could very well pass as one of those iconic Corviknight cabbies from Galar. Maybe he should get aviator cap to complete the aesthetic.  

Still, as the pilot is waved down by a stranger, he finds himself glancing left and then right down the Lilycove pier anyway. 

Oh. He was talking to him

Finishing flicking a pebble away that had buried itself in his boot sole grooves, Angelo turns his attention towards the approaching drunk suit. Behind him, a large bird that is decisively not a Corviknight stands, eye-shaped flames staring at the stranger.

An eyebrow lifts in amusement. “Hey, bud. Good night?

He'd been walking along the oceanfront from his hangar in the direction of home, stomach gnawingly empty after a day airborne. 

That depends,” he considers with a tactical smile, hands slipping into his pockets that feel decisively empty after such a proposition. “How fragile is your stomach feeling?

Slateport, huh? He did like their locally caught Clauncher, and they were notoriously not cheap...

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
everyday i think a little less like how i did when i was younger
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 17:46:15 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Great night!" John replies immediately, standing perfectly upright thanks to the momentum throwing his arms in the air provides, "record profits, lots of drinks, beautiful Lilycove!"

As he speaks he gestures. It compromises his gait a bit. He pitches forward one moment and to the side the next as he does his best to walk a straight line to the man he's (apparently accurately!) guessed is a cabby.

"But my guys they leave, they leave so early," he says with a fond smile and a shake of his head.

"Now I gotta figure out my own ride home but you're here so . . . Good!"

John throws the man a thumbs up before dramatically leaning back and taking his chin in hand to think about his question. The movement almost sends him toppling onto his ass, but he somehow manages to hold the "thinking man" without actually toppling onto his ass.

"I stopped at the ol' latrine on the way out so . . ." he nods a couple of times before giving another, more serious, considered thumbs up.

"I'm good to fly, captain!"
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 14:10:42 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Congrats.” Angelo's lips split into a grin as the stranger recounts parts of his eventful evening in enthusiastic animation, feeding off the oblivious stumbles in both balance and tongue.

Left 'em in the dust, huh? Sounds like you need to find some guys who have stronger stomachs.

Or, you know, drinking buddies who don't ditch their co-workers in a different city by themselves. 

Slateport's quite the trip. How's fifty PD sound?” 

Pricy? Maybe. But Slateport was a long way and that'll cover a nice meal for himself and then some. It was worth the gamble when faced with a guy who was one rum raisen away from a fruitcake. Or ending up in the Lilycove harbour. 

But if you hurl, you're paying for the cleaning fee and Stratos's wounded pride.” He holds out a hand for the man to shake. “Deal?

Was ol' feeling lucky? 

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 17:18:56 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Ah they're alright with the stomachs they've got," John waves the other man's comment off with a dismissive gesture, "They just, got better things to get up to after a certain hour."

Families to run home to, kids to tuck in. Can't fault them for that. It wouldn't be fair. Easier to do if he doesn't think about it, too, so he pushes forward to the more important matter of business the moment it's in the air.

"50 PD to Slateport . . ." he pretends to consider it very seriously. He pulls out his wallet and looks inside with exaggerated gravity, fingers through the bills for a couple seconds before plucking some out with a broad smile.

"Seems fair to me!"

While John closes the distance between himself and his ride he flips through the bills, counting. Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty . . . and then he smiles wider before continuing. Sixty, seventy, eighty, ninety, one hundred. Who cares about fair? In temper or toll.

He'll be put out by his coworkers and this cabbie will walk away with a handsome tip. That's better than fair.

"Keep the change, pal," he says, managing a surprisingly smooth handshake-into-money-handoff despite his drunkenness. After which he wastes no time approaching the bird they'll be taking off on. Not one of those big steel ones funny enough. As he gets close he realizes he does know which it is though.

"Ah, a Braviary!" his excitement is on full display as he practically shouts before holding out a hand to the pokemon, "You look real uh, unique! You look unique though, Stratos. What's your story, huh?"

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 20:40:22 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Forget if felt lucky, as the man continues counting notes to one hundred, Angelo feels like he's the one who'd come out victorious. 

Although there is some respect to be found in how the drunk man manages to pass him the bills so smoothly. Damn. He'd make a good slip of the hand card dealer. 

That's really generous. You didn't have to.” He says, mimicking what the more respectable of society would say in this instance. Only to pocket it anyway. 

He's from those distortions that've popping up all over the place this year. Y'know the ones? There's been at least two in Slateport so far.

While his passenger takes to admiring the Hisuian Braviary, Angelo quickly fishes out his old phone, firing off a message to that he'd be back late. With food! So no need for her to even go into the kitchen. (Really. Don't you dare.)

His story is a mystery before then, though. But I reckon he was a standard Braviary that got bitten by a radioactive Volcarona.” He jokes, reminded of the cartoons his siblings used to watch on Sunday mornings. 

Stratos meanwhile fluffs his feathers at the attention, preening beneath John's excitement. 

You need a hand climbing aboard, uh... Didn't catch your name.” He says, tucking his phone back into his pocket and stepping towards John. “I'm Angelo Vestri.

close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 20:29:26 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
The manufactured reluctance is met with a dismissive wave of John's hand. The man doesn't really want John to take the money back any more than John wants to. That's okay. It's selfish, unfair hours now.

"From a distortion?" he slurs instead, grinning up at the Braviary and gently petting his feathers where the pokemon will allow, "that must have been very scary, huh boy?"

He coos at the bird, smiling wide when the Braviary fluffs up happily.

"Looks like that bite was worth it, what a stunner!" whether he's replying to Angelo or reassuring the bird is unclear, even to John. He takes a few stumbling steps back to get a full look at the Braviary again at about the same time his cabbie walks up. Angelo, at about the same time that Angelo walks up.

"M' names, John Elson -- Nelson, my name is John Nelson," he replies pleasantly, extending a hand more out of reflex than anything.

"'nd I'll crack my head open if I try to, try to climb this guy myself."