he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Reimagine It [M]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 17:34:22 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

When had approached Gunner to ask if he could help a friend practice getting back into Pokémon battling, Gunner had initially declined. After all, he was not a Pokémon trainer himself; he had no interest in completing the gym circuit. But Gideon had insisted, pointing out that Gunner knew a lot about Pokémon battles despite his lack of inclination.[break][break]

Which was true, but not for the reasons Gideon assumed. After all, a spy and field operative for the League government couldn't afford not to have some skill in battling.[break][break]

Eventually, Gunner had agreed, arranging to meet both Gideon and his friend in the wilderness just north of Slateport City. The plan was a two-versus-two double battle, a gym standard. After carefully choosing his combatants for the exercise, Gunner went out to meet them.[break][break]

"Sorry if I'm late," he said as he approached, bundled up in a coat, scarf, and knit beanie. It was a cold, blustery day, but with clear, sunny skies.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: A Tera Test

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Reimagine It [M]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 5:55:50 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
KYUREM's influence continued to plague the region. The Winter Solstice had just passed, yet the cold weather in Hoenn didn't seem like it would stop anytime soon. Still, the world continued to turn, snow or not.

In fact, it was quite an exciting day. John had agreed to show off his battling moves, which Gideon was quite looking forward to.

Bundled up for their outing, sat beside on a large fallen log just off the trailhead. In an effort to combat the freezing temperature Gideon had brought along a thermos of hot coffee - black, as he tended to like it - which he nursed as he and John chitchatted while waiting for Gunner to arrive. He'd brought a second thermos, too, just in case John wanted to partake. A little cream as well if black coffee wasn't his thing.

It didn't take much waiting before the younger Graves brother arrived on the scene. Gideon looked up and waved, his smile obscured by a large scarf wrapped around his neck.

"No worries. John and I were just catching up. There were a few wild stories from New Years that I'd apparently missed out on." Or forgotten. Much of that night was a blur for Gideon, after all.
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
everyday i think a little less like how i did when i was younger
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
Reimagine It [M]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 17:30:02 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Opportunity.

It was something that John was sure had long left him. Something he assumed was meant for the time in which it came and went. A door, opened to the youthful and energetic. That flapped on its hinges in the winds of adolescence and then slammed shut when the brisk gales of adulthood found it. He was certain it was lost to him and John had resigned himself to that.

Yet here he was, sitting next a good friend waiting on another to be realized in front of him. First he'd met on some nothing day like any other and now he'd be meeting Gideon's brother -- both willing to give him their time and instruction in the name of . . . what? Entertaining an old nobody? It was kindness enough to make him want to cry. It was a source of nerves strong enough to make him want to be sick.

But he did neither as he listened to Gideon chit-chat and gossip: about work, the masquerade, new years. And it was mostly that -- listening. Gideon was too charitable (like his brother, like Cian) when his brother arrived in describing their back and forth. John had offered stories but mostly he'd stewed, and sweat, and bounced his leg with enough ferocity to make any rabbit pokemon blush.

"John Nelson," he introduced himself in the same second that he shot to his feet. His boots crunched in the frosted grass and his jacket crinkled as his arm extended, "Thank you so much for making time for me."
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Reimagine It [M]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 17:48:52 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner grabbed the other man's hand in a firm shake. "Gunner Graves," he said by way of introduction, though John undoubtedly knew his name already thanks to Gideon. "How are you? Ready to have a fun battle?"[break][break]

Though it was a practice spar meant to jog John's battle memory, the fact that he wished to challenge the gym circuit meant Gunner was going to take it as seriously as any real battle.[break][break]

Looking around, he determined that the patch of forest they occupied was a suitable enough arena. He walked a few yards away from Gideon so that his older brother would not be caught by any attacks, then released both of his Pokémon from their Pokéballs. His Typhlosion and Zoroark emerged in flashes of white light.[break][break]

A reserved, polite smile graced Gunner's face as he looked at John. "Challenger makes the first move."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: A Tera Test

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Reimagine It [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 3:31:20 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
A small smirk curled the edges of Gideon's lips as he watched shoot to his feet. The nerves were obvious - his friend was the opposite of cool as a cucumber - but he plowed through them without hesitation. It was admirable. The professor felt a swelling of pride blooming in his chest.

As took his place across from , Gideon mused on their relationship in silence. John was evolving past those late night encounters in Slateport pubs; now they were meeting in the stark daytime, he was mingling with Gideon's family... it was nice. An evolution of an unlikely friendship.

Unbeknownst to the three men, while they focused on the battle ahead something lurked in the shadows of the nearby forest.
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
everyday i think a little less like how i did when i was younger
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
Reimagine It [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 4:30:09 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Gunner and Gideon -- Gunner and Gideon Graves. It was hard for John, despite all the humbleness and gratitude he brought with him today, to keep from laughing as the names clicked in his head. Sons of Gertrude and Gerald, maybe? No. Don't think that. Don't risk actually saying it.

Instead he tamped down the desire to laugh into something like a polite smile.

"Ready as I'm gonna get."

He watched Gunner walk away and a knot formed in his chest for just a second. Familiar anxiety. He remembered not a grassy field, but a stage. Lights. Sweat on his neck as he reached for his last pokeball and -- fuck that's not helpful! John shook himself out and hoped he hadn't been too obvious in his distress as he quickly jogged over to take up position across from Gunner.

A Typhlosion and a Zoroark, so nothing too nasty. Well, maybe they were nasty, but at least they weren't a pair of Machamp or something.

He reached in his pockets for his own pokeballs and pulled out the most worn pair in the bunch. With two flicks of the wrist and two flashes of light he revealed the tried and true: Dess and MC -- his Exploud and Zangoose.

"Okay guys! It's been a while since we had a double battle but let's see if we can't remember our way around!" He shouted in a bid to hype them both up (and maybe bolster his own spirits a little), "HOWL, SWORDS DANCE!"

Dess stood her ground and let out a HOWL that shook the grass and drove birds out of nearby trees while MC began to slowly circle the field towards the opposing Zoroark, all the while scraping her claws against one another to sharpen them.

DESS used HOWL
(Attack Boosted)

MC used SWORDS DANCE
(Attack Boosted)
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Reimagine It [M]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 4:20:09 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

An Exploud and a Zangoose, both Normal-types. Interesting choices. Gunner had his own at home, so he was familiar with their moves, strengths, and weaknesses. And despite the fact this was a practice battle, he was not going to hold back.[break][break]

Not for a man who claimed to want to challenge the gym circuit, even if he was Gideon's friend.[break][break]

"Guinevere, set up SUNNY DAY. Mordred, BOUNCE," Gunner ordered.[break][break]

Normally, he would not give voice to his commands; his Pokémon were familiar enough with their preplanned battle strategies to not need his direction. However, for John's sake, he would say them out loud.[break][break]

As Gunner's Typhlosion let out a thunderous roar, the sparse clouds overhead dispersed and the sun's rays intensified, casting the shadows around the men into sharp relief. Meanwhile, the Zoroark leaped into the air, rising to an immense height.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: A Tera Test[break]
Typhlosion uses SUNNY DAY and Zoroark uses BOUNCE

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Reimagine It [M]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 17:27:54 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
Click!

, with his ROTOM phone raised at the perfect angle, made sure to get a few pictures of the battle. For posterity, of course. And because he thought John might like to see himself in action again after so many years.

As the fight continued on, a rustling could be heard nearby. Suddenly, from the thick underbrush came a clangorous chiming, but sounding as if multiplied by one hundred. Truthfully, it would be beautiful if it wasn't so ominous.

"Watch out—!" Gideon yelled to and as he quickly sprung from his seat on the log. He recognized that suffocating noise, knew what was about to follow.

Bursting onto the scene in a cloud of dried leaves was an armored, bipedal serpent, standing almost as tall as Gideon himself at around six feet from its hooked talons to the crown of its head. A KOMMO-O, obviously irritated by the Pokémon battle on what it perceived to it's territory. It bellowed - a piercing, draconic screech - and saliva sputtered from it's open maw, strung from it's rows of serrated teeth.

"Do you think you two can handle it? I highly doubt it will be peacefully pacified." Gideon called over to the other men, though his eyes remained on the dragon before them. His hand slowly inched to the Poké Ball in his pocket.

The KOMMO-O seemed to realize that it was outnumbered. Instead of rethinking it's attack, however, something incredible happened. It changed - at will! And not just any metamorphosis, but the new TERRASTALLIZATION phenomena that had recently come to Hoenn after crystal shards had fallen from METENO.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,922 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Reimagine It [M]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 6:14:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: