john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
make time [bar crawl]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 0:51:20 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
It's a hop, skip, and a jump from Walpurgisnacht to Nimbus. Hardly a trip at all, which is good! Drinks with Gideon always get out of hand and tonight is no exception -- especially given the topics they fielded and the fact that for once John was the initially sober one. He is not good at being the sober one.

John walks into The Nimbus already loose and happy. A smile on his face, tie missing, not a complete mess but obviously a handful of drinks into his night. And he's not slowing down. Of course he's not. The whole point of a bar crawl is to keep your foot on the pedal. So within moments he's drumming his fingers on the table top. Hailing the bartender with a 'come hither ' finger that would probably be condescending on someone built bigger or meaner.

"What's your cheapest?" He asks, voice just loud enough to carry over the chatter of a bar on New Years Eve. The bartender thinks for a second.

'The special is half off,' when they see John's expectant look the bartender continues, 'A Negroni. Gin, bitters, vermouth. '

"You had me at gin!" John supplies with a wide smile before sliding his card over, "Open me a tab, please."
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
make time [bar crawl]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 4:34:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

“Great choice.” Comes the voice of Martín del Mar from nearby, his usual cordial and oh so flawless smile illuminating his expression when approaching . He had been here to meet a couple of his acquaintances, but that meeting had reached its end, and coincidentally, a certain middle management POG Bank employee had walked through the doorway a moment later.

[break][break]

While Mars himself is never against a Negroni, the glass in his hands contains a clear liquid — gin, top shelf. He had only drank about a quarter of its content; always one to be measured and show restraint in his public drinking.

[break][break]

“How’s New Year’s Eve treating you, John? You look well.” Friendliness and professionalism are balanced; a juggling act Mars has perfected. John may be one of his favourite employees (although he would never claim as much, because a boss showing favouritism is not a good thing), but he is, after all, still his employee. Even when they run into each other at a bar.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

doe

johnny
he/him
thirty-five
august 21st
slateport city
homosexual
office worker
civilian
everyday i think a little less like how i did when i was younger
awards
96 posts
john nelson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @john
john nelson
make time [bar crawl]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 23:57:02 GMT
john nelson Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Aw, I try," John replies pleasantly, the words thrown over his shoulder as he waits for the drink to come sliding along the bar top. It's a cliche, but dammit it if it's not a cliche he likes.

It's only once he's got the drink in hand and turns around that he finds himself facing a familiar kind of embarrassment. An echo of another night at another bar, although muted with the knowledge that his boss isn't the kind of uptight stickler to potentially fire him over a bit of misplaced casualness.

He tries not to look too awkward as he shifts his drink from one hand to another. It's a thinking motion. Thinking. Hard to do when you're drunk, but vital when you're drunk with your boss. On accident. Whoops.

"Oh, you know, it's treating me," he replies with a tone that falls ungainly between that he used with and the kind adopted around a water cooler, "don't follow me around too long -- I'll stop looking good in an hour or so."

Okay, leaning towards Gideon. The words fall out unbidden and John finds himself slapping a hand over his mouth hard enough to sting.

"Pretend I didn't say that," he murmurs between his fingers.
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #C4AD87; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
make time [bar crawl]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 20:43:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Faux pas.
[break][break]
An eyebrow is raised into an arch as Mars watches 's stumbling attempt at a social balancing act — giving him his undivided attention. Would it be cruel if he were to laugh? Maybe a little, no?
[break][break]
A smirk finds its way to his lips instead, coming in the company of a soft chuckle that is as short as it is quiet.
[break][break]
"I'll do my best to forget it." He teases, although the likely truth is that he probably won't. In fact, he'll likely tell all about this in the morning...while fighting a killer hangover, if judging by his plans for the rest of the night.
[break][break]
"Are you meeting up with anyone to celebrate? I'm supposed to be heading to another bar, but we should have a drink together first."
[break][break]
It's New Years Eve, so why not, right? He still has some time before that drink at Walpurgisnacht that he had promised .

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]