Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
delivery
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 4:16:55 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
king grimaced, baring teeth like a pained and wounded ursaring. his hands were stained red and, absentmindedly, he wipes the color onto his pants.
[break][break]
"fuck me," he says in a hiss, the words escaping through sharp canines. november 3rd, huh. he places the stained knife onto the counter and carefully grabs hold of the spotless wood.
[break][break]
making his way down the hall, king is silent as death itself, before finding the doorway cracked. using his foot, he enters. the slumbering form in-front of him is easy prey.
[break][break]
"serprise. wake yer ass up." he kicks a pillow from the floor onto the woman, lifting the tray ever so slightly, emphasizing its prescence. on it? breakfast. and a cake, stained cobalt and red, a surprisingly well-done salamence imitated on its surface.
[break][break]
"happy birthday, princess."

[attr="class","notes"] [break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".king"] --accent:#74abb6; [/newclass]

[newclass=".king"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .king blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .king blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".king .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
delivery
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 4:26:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

in a few days they'll have to talk about the end of the world. in a few days, they'll have to decide their battlefield. they'll make choices and their lives will be all the worse for it, but now - well, now, she sleeps blissfully on. swaddled in his sheets, surrounded by his smell, she's able to sleep. 

that is, until something falls on her face. she sits straight up, bleary eyes blinking into the light, and almost goes to jerk into a standing position as reflexes take over. but then she stills and settles, rubs at her eyes. and then frowns down at king. 

angry is the dragon whose sleep is perturbed, but her annoyance fades when she finally manages a coherent thought. 

did he bake me a cake? 

"does this mean i can't be irritated with you for waking me up so barbarically?" she says dryly. she tugs up her chemise strap from where it had fallen off her shoulder and crawls forward to inspect her gift.

still-sleepy blue eyes soften. "it's so...cute."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
delivery
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 23:35:28 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
king tosses a shrug in her direction.
[break][break]
"that's up to ye. but, of course, ye wouldn't get ta taste this cake for a while yet." he was, by no means, a professional baker. you wouldn't find king on one of those halloween special bake-offs. but, he knew his way around a the kitchen, surprisingly enough.
[break][break]
he scowls ever so slightly at her assessment, however.
[break][break]
"not cute. ferocious." that was until you got to the feet. he couldn't draw feet. at all.
[break][break]
"blow out the candles ye turd."

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[newclass=".king"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .king blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .king blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".king .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
delivery
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 0:36:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"tempering a dragon's rage with sweets. a foolish venture." her eyes wander over the dessert and she admits silently that his plan isn't foolish, as it works well enough that she holds her tongue when she spies the paws. lyune would more than likely disagree that it's ferocious and the thought brings a smile to her face. 

she shakes off the last of her slumber with a toss of silver hair. the wax melts, splattering droplets of red and blue over the buttercream, so she puffs out her cheeks and thinks hard on her wish before blowing them out. 

as the smoke curls, she slips out of the bed, fingers trailing across the buttercream frosting. sugar bursts on her tongue and her lips tilt as she hums.

"king wayland - you didn't tell me you could bake."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 8:37:12 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
king rolls his eyes, letting the silence that comes in the wake of her curiosity wash over the room. the chemise suited her, pale flesh bare in just enough places to allow his thoughts to fill in the gaps. he'd seen it all before, sure, but the day he wasn't interested in seeing it again, was the day he'd lay down and die.
[break][break]
"what's there ta tell? follow the directions on the box." there's more to it, yeah, but if you gave freya an inch...
[break][break]
deciding quickly he didn't want to do that, he changes the subject.
[break][break]
"what ye wish fer? hard ta believe ye need anything more than... this." he emphasizes himself with a quick flourish of both hands, teeth flashing in a grin.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 19:16:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she takes another taste for herself, effectively ruining her appetite for breakfast, but smothering the sour taste in her mouth from sleep. confident her lips smell like nothing but buttercream frosting and sugar, she leans over the outstretched cake and steals a kiss from the egotistical man before her. 

"mm, yeah, very hard to believe," she says with a roll of her eyes. "unfortunately for you, i'm rather selfish and i have an insatiable appetite for things i shouldn't." like gods and monsters.

"and i know better than to say what i wished for."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 0:22:48 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
her stolen kiss is anything but, as he gives into her willingly. his grin is wide and scheming, ever the rogue even now.
[break][break]
"so it seems like we have that in common, ye? ta think all it took fer ye ta fall fer me was for me ta beat ye senseless. odd turnaround, that." his chuckles wryly, choosing to not peruse that path any further.
[break][break]
"up 'n at 'em though princess. we can eat the cake later. let's get somethin' ta eat. fancy anything special?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 0:59:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

out of context, their coming together doesn't sound like the healthiest thing. the thought makes her smile against his lips because thereafter she admits that even with context, it's still a tad out of sorts. but she can't let it go, can't let him go without being corrected. 

her thumb finds the hollow of his throat, pressing as she looks down at him with hooded lids: "you saved me, idiot. that's why."

she spares one last wistful glance at king's handiwork with the cake and then saunters past him to the restroom. she actually brushes her teeth, wrangles what she can of her hair back into a braid, and splashes some water on her face. takes a moment of staring into the mirror. 

"my father would always get these little pastries for me from a little café in town," she says with a halfhearted smile. "but that's off the table. we can dress and find a little restaurant? unless you'd like to eat in."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 2:31:02 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
his throat moves beneath her thumb, swallowing in the wake of their kiss. his own lips form a smile against hers, and the bite of sarcasm that escapes from them, is likely expected.
[break][break]
"jury's still out on that, i think."
[break][break]
as she moves to get ready, he steals a glance. placing the cake back into the kitchen during her small time of preparation, he too moves to finish his own. shoes, a watch, a coat. nothing special. as she exists, he cocks a sky-blue eyebrow.
[break][break]
"why's it off the table?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 2:50:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

starlight spools over her shoulder as she stoops to rifle through her drawers. his drawers - her clothes are just in them. they hadn't discussed it, like they hadn't most things. she was too proud to ask, but with her parents' resources funneled into maintaining the displaced dragons, her funds are low and she couldn't afford an apartment to herself. 

she withdraws black leggings and a silver dress, gaze flicking up to him as she discards her sleepwear. 

"i'm recognizable, especially in sootopolis. and you let the champion through to save . we can't be seen together, nevermind there." she tugs on her socks, slips the dress on, and works her fingers through her hair. 

"so it's off the table."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 2:03:40 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
"huh."
[break]
[break]
king mulls over her words, jaw slightly slacked, tongue pushing against the inside of his bottom lip. he'd forgotten about all that. so used to the trouble that followed in his wake, the remnants of his decisions were often left as forgone memories.
[break]
[break]

"i mean, what are the odds they recognize uh, y'know? how many of these rocket clowns just put on a hat 'n all of a sudden no one can recognize 'em?" but getting into a discussion on the lunacy of 'rocket disguises' was something he didn't really want to do.
[break]
[break]

instead, he smiles, teeth flashing, and takes a step closer.
[break]
[break]

"ye tell me where ye want ta go, 'n come hell er high water, we'll go there."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 2:33:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there's little reason to believe herself notorious. part of it is irrational, fearing the world may have forgotten about her. better to be an infamous someone than a washed-up no one. these prideful, shameful thoughts stem from her conversation with fernando.

she was never as big a piece to his puzzle as she thought she was. and somehow, after all this, that hurts. 

but be here. be now, freya. 

"you'll burn the world down for me so i can taste confections? how romantic?" she rolls her eyes and fetches her coat, tucks her feet into boots. "i'll take you there when we take sootopolis back. how about that little bistro in slateport? the one we keep saying we'll try but we don't."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 2:49:18 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
"romantic? no, i just like ta cause a little chaos." he gives her peck on the cheek, stuffing hands into his pocket and his mind wanders, considering.

[break]
[break]
"bistro, bistro." did she mean that place? king shrugs, pushing his lower lip out in acceptance.

[break]
[break]
"sure, it's yer birthday princess. ye think they'll clap 'n sing if i tell 'em as much?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 2:55:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"ah, see now that makes more sense. that's the king i know." she leans into the kiss out of habit, marveling at the domesticity of it all. marveling at how natural it is. how long has it been? the two of them playing pretend? not long enough

she reaches a hand out before he can really step away, twines their fingers urgently together. squeezes and then the moment passes and the world keeps turning and her anxiety settles. 

sudden existential dread is a symptom that manifests in post-traumatic stress disorder, but she doesn't have a therapist to tell her that. 

"if you do that, i'll gut you with my steak knife. and i'll still enjoy dessert."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
delivery
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 3:20:22 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
her embrace elicits the beginnings of a raised eyebrow, before it fades, and so too does the expression in its infancy. another thing he'd push to the back of his mind, content to let a future version of him handle it.
[break][break]
"ye know what does ta mean," he says with a devilish grin, door cupped in his palm, "ye sure ye want that kinda foreplay in public?"
[break][break]
this was their normal back and forth. it had become as familiar to him as the back of his hand.
[break][break]
"sides, then yer gonna have ta pay."