roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
sleepwalking [m][bar crawl]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 19:18:12 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

After the second call with the sitter, he decided it was best if he put the phone away. This was not a night about worrying about whether or not he left thorough instructions about which bedtime story Miu needed to go to bed properly. She was ultimately going to be hell to deal with for the sitter regardless and pass out at exactly the breaking point. At least, this is how she regularly treated his sanity, like a dog with a chew toy.
[break][break]
Kosei had gone on very little dates in his lifetime, even with Miu's mother, they had been awkward affairs that resulted in either fighting or sex so that they could skip the obvious fact they hated one another. Healthy relationships wasn't exactly something that Kosei was well trained on understanding or wanting. His relationship with probably wasn't considered "healthy" per say, but they were making a good go of it.
[break][break]
At least, they were trying. Though, Kosei was also an unhealthy skeptic and was prone to questioning the legitimacy of things. It meant a lot to him that they could just have this date. That they could sit down and talk and not end up fighting or solving issues by jumping one another's bones. That was the definition of a healthy relationship, right? Maybe he needed a dictionary to be sure.
[break][break]
Verdanturf was a good place outside of the boundaries of their comfort. Enzo couldn't worry about work and he couldn't worry about his kid. It was too far to just race home and check on her. Thus, they had no excuses. Winter's kiss was the drink they kept offering him and, lacking imagination, he decided to go with it, without even knowing what was in the damn thing. It was sweet, but it was a beer so... he wasn't going to get drunk that easily, right?
[break][break]

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"][attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#64CDCD;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 22:56:54 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]think that they were going on a date. He supposed that Kosei visiting The Nimbus didn’t exactly qualify given the fact that he’d had to watch Enzo work the whole time. It was nice in theory, just not in practice. Even if it had yielded some interesting results. Regardless, he couldn’t recall the last time he’d been on a proper date. He had, of course. It was only natural when he’d had to do as much social climbing as he had business building.[break][break]

But this was with Kosei. Enzo didn’t admit to being nervous, but the edge was there. Present in a way that insisted that this go right. That it be different than their prior entanglements, all mess and pent up need rather than an actual want to be around one another for more than just the physicality of it all.[break][break]

Granted, he wasn’t going to complain about that, either.[break][break]

His phone was off (also nerve wracking,) and they were far enough away from their respective distractions that there was nothing to do, but focus on one another. It almost reminded him of when they’d been younger, and there really wasn’t anything else but them.[break][break]

Honestly maybe it was a bit snobby to come to a beer brewery and insist on ordering a top shelf whiskey neat instead. But it wasn’t like he didn’t order a mini flight of samples too. He just…had his preferences and admittedly beer was not one. Even when he’d been younger and eager to get his hands on whatever he could find, Enzo had been more of a box wine king.[break][break]

Kosei had caved, though. And he, being the polite guest that he was, opted to try the winter’s kiss. Just…by stealing a sip from the other’s glass. “What’s all the fuss, hm?” he asked as he snatched the pint away, eyebrows lifting playfully at his…well, what were they exactly now? He wasn’t sure. There’d been no talk of defining labels in the time that had elapsed since the evening he’d visited Kosei’s home and decided that they were something.[break][break]

That enigmatic something.[break][break]

Enzo hummed as he swiftly handed the drink back over. “It’s fine, I guess.” The sweetness still didn’t hide the wheaty bread flavor, though. Pass. “Soooo…what exactly is there to do in Verdanturf apart from sitting in a brewery all night?” His lips twitch up in a teasing grin, “Unless you want to sit here ‘til the year turns over.”[break][break]

[break][break]

// m: sleepless in slateport??

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#b69fc7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 17:54:10 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

In hindsight, maybe a brewery wasn't the best setting for their date, as neither of them were big beer drinkers. He snorted as Enzo proceeded to order top-shelf liquor. It made sense though, of course, in that strange Enzo way. The other had worked so hard to get to somewhere. There was a question brewing in his mind, but he didn't know how to ask it.
[break][break]
It wasn't like he was apprehensive with his old partner in crime turned... something more, it was simply that things mattered now when they didn't before. Despite all his best efforts to the contrary, Kosei still prided perfection. It was simply who he'd always been, the difference now was that reality was brutal and messy and the best teacher of insanity is a little girl that is nothing like him.
[break][break]
He was about to answer when his drink was snatched away. "I don't know, it's just a beer. Kinda all taste the same to me, honestly." As it was handed back, he snatched it as delicately as possible to prevent it from sloshing while still making his point. "Are you bored with me already?" He pouted, attempting a look of hurt as best he could. Enzo was worse than his 6-year-old decidedly.
[break][break]
"Well for now you know we could talk, like normal people do." He shrugged, an added little sigh because maybe they were meant for this casual "dating" thing. It certainly wasn't easy or first nature for either of them. "Are you happy? With all the... I don't know, you worked so hard to get to this point, is it everything you hoped it would be?" The question had grown like an awkward weed and it was uttered with the same adolescent awkwardness.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 6:03:12 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“Taking cues from Miu, I see.” Though Kosei had always been exceptional at pouting, whether he wanted to admit that or not. Enzo reached up to pat his face quickly. “Not at all, mio cucciolo. You never bore me.”[break][break]

Though alcohol had always been a powerful motivator between the two of them, so had simple wanting. Even if it had always been covered up with the easy excuse of too much to drink. But tonight, despite being at a brewery of all places, Enzo didn’t want the additive to obscure how he felt, and how he chose to act as a result. For all the grief he’d given when they were younger, Kosei deserved that much.[break][break]

“Oh, is that what normal people do? I had no idea,” he drawled, his smirk quirking the corner of his mouth. Though the idea of just making idle, small chatter with Kosei felt…out of place? Weren’t they beyond that no matter how much time had elapsed between the old them and now? Didn’t they still intrinsically know one another?[break][break]

But of course small talk isn’t what Kosei makes and maybe Enzo should’ve expected that from mister serious. He let out a scoff of laughter, pausing to take a sip from his neat first. “Heavy hitting, alright then.” He puffed out a sigh, leaning against the bar with an elbow. “Yes, though is happy the word I want? I’m sure. Proud, accomplished, yes. But it hasn’t been an easy thing. And there are still hiccups. I get…frustrated with the wastefulness of wealth.”[break][break]

The kid who had nothing still lived there in him, seethed at exorbitance as much as he craved it for himself.[break][break]

His expression softened some as he looked over at Kosei, something akin to warmth simmering in violet eyes. “I wish you had been there to see it through with me,” he added carefully, quietly, “because I find I’m much happier in a moment like this one than I have been in the last five years combined.”[break][break]

Even if they didn’t rightfully know what they were yet, it was true. Deciding that was excessively sentimental, he took another swift drink of his whiskey and turned the question around, “And you? Are you happy, Kosei Kiryu?”
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 17:01:55 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Kosei couldn't maintain the pout then, breaking the expression on a stifled laugh. "Yeah well... I guess she got some things from me." Besides looking exactly like him in small girl form. Mio cucciolo, those words had no right making him feel
some kind of way. It was foreign and soft and warm. Not to mention entirely disarming. He felt like he was constantly racing to catch up with the other, until he was breathless with the effort.
[break][break]
Enzo had that effect on him, throwing down all of his guards. Before he'd met the other, he'd been nothing short of bottled up. All of his emotions caught like a caged bird. Of course, at the time, it had been fodder for the other to tease him over and it had frustrated him to no end, but it still cracked the walls he'd built up nonetheless.
[break][break]
Normal, as if they had any right to claim normality for either of them. There was nothing normal about their relationship, but that was okay with him. Kosei rolled his eyes then, though he'd be lying to say there wasn't a sliver of uncertainty. Maybe he was wrong to attempt conversation like they were normal. Especially since his instincts weren't to ask the other about the weather. It was still, annoying to him that Enzo could so frequently and easily provoke tender-throated feelings that made him feel vulnerable. Yet, simultaneously, it was what he wanted. "Well, Miu desperately wants to know your favorite color, if you prefer to answer that."
[break][break]
He paused, head tilted as the other responded. "Wastefulness?" Maybe Enzo was struggling with the shape he was having to grow into, Kosei could understand that. Though the other made it seem so easy, so natural.
[break][break]
What he had not anticipated was the words that followed. His throat felt sore as he swallowed, looking down at the table. A weird combination that could only be regret and yet, at the same time, he was pleased that he could be a source of change for the other. He made him happier?
[break][break]
And then the question was flipped around and given to him. He hated that. He snorted, taking another drink. "I liked it better when you were the one having to answer this question." But that wasn't fair, he knew that. It was simply not an easy question to answer. "I'm.... Yeah, I mean..." he scoffed with an edge of soft exasperation. "Miu makes me happy, even with her chaos. She makes me a better man than I was before." Not really the question, exactly. "I guess I'm still trying to figure things out. Ten years later I'm still... figuring it out."
[break][break]
He shrugged at that, playing off the next few words though not entirely able to hide the smile, "You make me happier though... for some reason."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 20:12:02 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]He couldn’t help the laugh that slipped loose, honest and unhindered. “Oh. Well you can inform Miss Miu that I like blues.” How silly a thing, but something he found he enjoyed answering. Perhaps that mundane sensation should be a welcome one. Could they slip into any sort of normalcy though? After everything? Enzo wasn’t sure, but the softness in the pit of his chest begged him to at least try.[break][break]

“Yes.” It was a simple agreement before he sipped at his whiskey. “The rich are wasteful. It’s aggravating.” His childhood was a block of memory often carved out from his psyche and set away in a compartment to collect dust.[break][break]

He wasn’t Luca Serrano anymore— the nobody child with a surplus of siblings spawned from unknown men and mother who was whispered about on street corners the moment local community members caught sight of caramel blonde hair and violet eyes. No more extra noses to wipe and mouths to make sure were fed but his own.[break][break]

But there were habits and opinions that lingered with him. The need to collect and secure items of use. Don’t throw away something of value unless it genuinely breaks or becomes unusable. He certainly didn’t share his wealth, he was no philanthropist. But that didn’t mean he wasted his money on things he didn’t play with again, or wear again, or whatever wealthy trend was at the top of the bulk of his client’s social ideals that week.[break][break]

He couldn’t kill the street rat in him. Not completely—not when he got Enzo to where he was today.[break][break]

But it did allow him an air of arrogance and superiority over those he served with a stubbornly accommodating smile day in and day out.
It was a relief that smiles came easier around Kosei. He still toyed around to an extent, but there was something natural and comfortable that existed between them now. Or it had always been there and they’d just needed the reminder. The point was— his own tensions eased just as much as Kosei’s. His burdens lessened, and he could relax the formality in the other’s company.[break][break]

Of course Kosei would stutter and stammer the moment the question was turned on him. Enzo grinned, but it wasn’t laced with that typical, foxlike charm. His fingers crawled across the bartop, skimming over Kosei’s briefly though remained close enough for his thumb to continue drifting over his knuckles.[break][break]

“Miu has always been good for you,” he sighed quietly then, “and for me too. So I’m grateful you’ve allowed me to see her again.” No, he wasn’t Luca Serrano anymore, but as he got older, he was learning that maybe the reminder was good. “And that I’m able to see you too, obviously.”[break][break]

The last bit added with more cheek and a brow waggle, because it was getting excessively soft and sentimental in here, wasn’t it?

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 14:53:00 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

"I'll be sure to let her know, you'll probably receive some of her art and she'll be expecting it on your fridge." Miu had high expectations and Kosei had fed into them. Why? Mostly because he never got to do those things when he was a kid. He wasn't permitted to be a child so he wanted his daughter to have that. Maybe he'd pay for it in her spoiled attitude but he'd never regret it.
[break][break]
It was pretty typical of them both not to be entirely satisfied, it was who they were. When they were younger, they'd both been hungry for things they'd never had before and yet it was still difficult to wrap their heads around. Enzo who wanted to be something other than a street kid, but would always be one at heart. And then Kosei who wanted to know what freedom was like but could never let go of control out of fear of the unknown. Enzo made it easier to want to be someone he clearly wasn't meant to be.
[break][break]
Sometimes, the need to impress him blocked other desires. That used to scare him because he didn't want to go back to giving another person the power to control him. Yet, in a way, Enzo always had that part of him regardless of fears.
[break][break]
Maybe they were both imposters, in their own way. Maybe Enzo more than him, even if he made it seem so natural. "Well you make wealth look good regardless." He shrugged simply. Part of him still envied Enzo, as he always had, for qualities he didn't have. It was pointless, he knew that. Maybe that was why he was greedy for him in other way, not all entirely healthy.
[break][break]
"I shouldn't have taken that away from you, I'm sorry." The briefest apology, one of many he'd spared recently without ever feeling satisfied with it. Once again, it was a lack of knowing what he wanted. Kosei was used to apologies never being enough.
[break][break]
"Obviously." He snorted in response, a slight tease. "Being a bi of a softy, aren't you? However will you keep your street cred at this rate?"

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 4:01:01 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“Well of course,” he replied with a slight scoff, “what kind of godfather would I be if I didn’t proudly show off her masterpieces. Glad to see she’s in her Blue Period.” It wasn’t like Enzo had been any better about not spoiling her or feeding those expectations in the time he had been able to spend with her. He doted on her just as much – even if it was to Kosei’s chagrin.[break][break]

“Do I?” he grinned, brows lifted as he angled his head toward the other, “are you charmed by it? Or do you prefer my old wiliness?” He wasn’t any less wily, of course. Enzo had started to discover that when it came to Kosei that it didn’t matter how he swayed Kosei, just that he did in some way, shape, or form. Though the more vulnerable, hidden part of him hoped that it had to do with a little more than money or presentation.[break][break]

There wasn’t another person who’d understood him quite like the other. Underneath the fanfare and the opportunistic tendencies. Or even the brutal, cutthroat behavior of his time as an enforcer before all of this. Kosei knew more about him and his baser self. He never allowed anyone close enough to know about him before he’d come to Hoenn. Even though he claimed that he’d always been there– skulking through the streets of Sootopolis before he could afford the upper crust finery of Mossdeep.[break][break]

But obviously there was a reason no one had uncovered his family, and even more than that– that none of them had uncovered him.[break][break]

He’d always considered exposing any part of that to be a bad call. So why was it that the more he allowed things to grow between them the way it was, that he itched to talk about that old, lost self? Even when they’d been younger– scrappy and hungry to prove themselves, Kosei had known more of Luca without realizing it.[break][break]

“Kosei, stop.” His voice was quiet and gentle, but in a way that commanded attention. Deliberately, he caught the other’s eyes. “It’s over and done.” As embarrassing as it might have been, Enzo had stopped holding it against him the moment he’d turned back up.[break][break]

His smirk stretched wider. “Oh, do you have a problem with that? I can stop, if it’s so terrible and jarring.” He huffed quietly, thumb flitting over the knuckles of Kosei’s hand. “Gotta have someone I can lay off the rep with, don’t I?”

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 16:22:17 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

"You're good with her, you know? It's a little surprising." He had to admit. Maybe even better than him, well... definitely better than him at the start, which was surprising. Enzo had a surprising amount of patience where even Kosei somewhat lacked. Miu was good at vexing, as any six-year-old was prone to be. Before her, Kosei would have never imagined having a child. It wasn't in his blood and sometimes he still wondered if he was a good father.
[break][break]
"You're still wily, what are you talking about? I like both halves of you, though... it's nice to know you're still your old dumb self." He couldn't imagine how things would change if Enzo fully embodied the cold, calculating man behind the desk of the Nimbus all of the time. Of course, past-Kosei hadn't really appreciated that wiliness all that much, but now hell if he wasn't damn fond of it. The persona was sexy, don't get him wrong, but it had limits to when he enjoyed the unexpected luxury of knowing Enzo's more vulnerable side. Even if he kept most of his cards still firmly hidden away. Kosei had his own share of secrets, even if he'd grown lazy or clumsy with hiding them.
[break][break]
Miu had made him more emotional, but in a way, he knew he'd always been that way and was simply unpracticed with it. Or at least that was his excuse for being so god awful talking about it.
[break][break]
Younger Kosei had been afraid that one day Enzo would reach the top and not be content with the things that reminded him of the bottom, his partner in crime included. Now, well... it was nice to know the top had not deprived him of everything.
[break][break]
"No, don't stop. Idiot." He scoffed, rolling his eyes at the admittance. He liked the stupid sappiness of it. "So I'm guessing you've decided that someone is me?"

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2023 3:24:25 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“Well, when you grow up one of the oldest of a literal swarm of kids, you get used to being a pseudo-parent,” he rattled off before stopping abruptly and looking at Kosei with a degree of surprise at himself. “Ah.” When was the last time he’d drudged up his childhood? Spoken it aloud, or even thought about who he’d once been? Years, decades. Miu had always pulled that older self up to the front. Naturally, without thought. And now, Kosei was somehow doing the same.[break][break]

Luca. The brother. The provider. The caregiver. Until he suddenly wasn’t.[break][break]

He blinked, head tilting. “Of course I am, I’ve never made any effort to deny that.” He shrugged. Enzo knew that his carefully held formalities were no more than a front, an opportunity to play wolf in sheep’s clothing. Always at home in his own skin. Of course, unless, that skin was the one he’d worn before Hoenn. Before Rocket, before Kosei.[break][break]

He cracked a grin— “I take offense, though. I’m not a bit dumb.” Perhaps dumb, though, for trying to deny what had always existed underneath the surface when it came to them. The one chief regret he held. The only one, really. Though, even back then, he’d never wanted Kosei to leave. The hard way of learning it wasn’t always possible to have his cake and eat it too.[break][break]

But he was learning. It was okay to be comfortable in this unique way around the other. If only because it was Kosei.[break][break]

A stupid smile stretched across his face, knowing in the way he eyed the other’s eye roll. “Always such a sap. Fine then, I won’t.” A hidden, internalized part of him sighed in relief. It was nice, being able to unwind this side of him after so long. Something he hadn’t realized he needed. “Obviously. Who else?” A breath of laughter followed and then he was rolling his eyes, good-natured.[break][break]

“Actually,” he said after a beat, “do you want to head back?” To their rented cabin, that was. Despite the sudden admissions, there was a prickle of self-consciousness that instinctively followed. Not because of Kosei, but because of how public they were. Suddenly faced with the desire to spill these tucked away parts of himself, the less he wanted to spend another minute in this brewery.[break][break]

There was every likelihood that Kosei might assume he wanted to leave for other reasons, and sure, he would welcome that. But he wanted the privacy to continue talking, and it was absolutely ridiculous. Preposterous. What a soft and vulnerable creature Kosei had somehow made of him by wiggling past his guards and carefully tailored charm. It was foreign, and sort of uncomfortable.[break][break]

But also weirdly exhilarating.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2023 13:52:00 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

It had often occurred to Kosei and often bothered him in the past, that he didn't know a lot about Enzo under the façade he put on. Enzo was a carefully constructed persona and Kosei was probably the only one around that knew that. If anything, he should be happy to at least be privy to that information, but he'd often found himself less satisfied by that answer over time. It wasn't the reason he'd left, but it had justified it significantly.
[break][break]
Meanwhile, Kosei's life felt laughably out in the open, the less-than-ideal son of military icons. Who sought out the conditional love and acceptance of others because he could never gain it from his parents. Never good enough and he'd taken that personally from Enzo back then too. It had never been about Miu's sake and he'd been a selfish bastard to suggest otherwise, but Enzo already knew that as he knew everything about Kosei.
[break][break]
Kosei blinked then in momentary surprise at the little slip. Was it made in error or a genuine remark? He'd never imagined Enzo among children, though it made sense in hindsight. "Ah well, that makes sense then." He was a little afraid to ask questions, knowing how willfully the other could shift gears and decide to shut down on the subject. "Were they also... like you?" Street kids, orphans, whatever... he didn't know the word. Maybe they were actually his siblings, Kosei had never had siblings so didn't feel equipped to know.
[break][break]
"I thought that was what you were agreeing to. Of course you're dumb." He laughed, finishing off his drink. It wasn't ideal to order further as he was prone to going a bit too far with alcohol involved and Enzo was usually his enabler.
[break][break]
Who else? Kosei knew better than to imply anyone else. Especially because he knew Enzo had been a dog, but for some reason seemed focused on him as of late. In truth, he didn't really know what to name it. Hell, Kosei had been a dog too, in his own stupid and stumbling way. He'd been terrible at it, considering he'd gotten a woman pregnant relatively soon. A nightmare of a woman.
[break][break]
"Oh uh sure, yeah." Was the other that horny? Well shit. He snorted, shaking his head as he fished out the money necessary to pay off the tab.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2023 18:12:13 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
It wasn’t an infrequent occurrence for Enzo to wonder if Kosei was rankled by how little he knew of his past. How infrequently Enzo budged on the subject. But that had been the case for everyone. It wasn’t as if he’d had exceptions, and Kosei had never been a part. Still, it had started to turn from a passing thought to a consistent worry. Would he eventually come to distrust him, or resent him for it? It had been easy to remake himself as he’d seen fit. As far as most were aware, he didn’t have a prior life to remake. He’d always been in Sootopolis, then Mossdeep. Kosei was probably the only one who even knew there was more to it.[break][break]

He handled the slip with less grace, mouth clamping shut as his stare drifted awkwardly to the side. He hadn’t meant for the remark to fall out, and yet it had. He didn’t intend to answer further, and yet at the tiniest nudge, he did.[break][break]

“Like me…?” His head tilted and he let out a sputtering laugh. “Well we all shared a mother. A few, our father, but yeah, I’d consider that like me. Latchkey kids.” Poor, unmanaged. Left to run through Paldean streets at will and leisure. It felt weird to talk about. He’d never felt guilty for leaving and choosing himself. Or at least he would claim he didn’t.[break][break]

There were moments. Ones where he wondered if he was resented by his fellow older siblings for more or less dumping everything on them. Ones where it was a hair more difficult to insist he’d washed his hands of the whole thing. Siblings, half-siblings. It hadn’t mattered, he’d left them all behind. It had been too much, and he’d been wistful—no, greedy, for more. It felt strange to be clarifying that, though.[break][break]

He welcomed the last of his drink then, knocking it back in near-sync with Kosei. He let out an amused huff, shrugging. “I’ve lost the train of thought.” A wry grin betrayed the fact that he really had not.[break][break]

But his mind had started to drift elsewhere by that point. Not out of a lack of interest, but because of the vulnerability he suddenly felt. Enzo wasn’t accustomed to feeling so open and exposed. It was…almost sort of an itchy feeling. Unsuited. Not that he explained it as the actual reason why he wanted to leave. For the duration of their departure, and the short walk back to the place they’d checked into earlier, he was happy to let Kosei assume there was actual ulterior motive.[break][break]

Though once they were within the privacy of the cabin (much more rustic than his typical aesthetic,) he didn’t scramble to start unraveling the other. Instead, he flopped back against the stuffy bed with a long sigh and stared up at the ceiling as he aimlessly tried to kick off each of his shoes with the opposite foot. “I didn’t want to say more while we were…there. But I’ll have you know I was enjoying the conversation itself.”[break][break]

A roundabout way of admitting that he liked opening up, but it was what it was.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2023 18:49:17 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Kosei couldn't help the spread of heat on his face, having just said something stupid. There he was faced with a rare scenario where Enzo had given him hints into his past and his question sounded so stupid and odd. He had never been all that natural in conversation and he was lucky if anything he said came out in order or not. "Yeah that's uh... what I meant." He rolled his eyes, sighing at his own stupidity. Though, for some reason, hearing Enzo talk about siblings and parents was odd. Of course the other had family, even if not closely. Yet... still..
[break][break]
All he'd ever pictured was that street dog of a guy, snarky and wily and "out of control" in younger-Kosei's naive opinion. He wanted to ask more and it must have shown on his face as his lips knitted firmly together. Sure, he was uncertain of how to breach the topic, but even more so afraid he'd fuck it up. Kosei was even more of an idiot with sensitive topics than Enzo was.
[break][break]
Now, he wasn't entirely certain if it was sex that the other had in mind when they retreated from the brewery back out into the open air, but he didn't necessarily object to whatever the other had in mind. Sure, he was admittedly disappointed that the conversation ended so abruptly. He'd added nothing of value and didn't really know where to start. He'd started simpler arguments before.
[break][break]
Silently, mostly surveying how the other might be feeling, he followed the other back to the cabin and then watched Enzo flop onto the bed. Okay, so maybe he wasn't looking for sex. He looked like a tired old man that wanted to go to sleep early, but he didn't say as much. "You were... enjoying it?" He dropped his jacket onto the little kitchenette counter before fishing his hair out of the tie. The only thing he managed to do was get it tangled in the mess that was his hair and with a sigh he retreated to the bed. "Help."
[break][break]
He waited for the assistance expectedly, pausing before carefully asking. "You don't uhh voluntarily talk about the past so... I wasn't expecting it."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2023 20:54:32 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

He wasn’t sure what Kosei imagined his old life might’ve been like. Or where he’d come from. If he even wondered at all in the first place. The moment suddenly felt stilted and awkward, but it felt like it was on his own end rather than Kosei’s, even as he saw color flare in the other’s face. He was too eager to get out of there to dwell on it for long, though.[break][break]

Of course, Kosei Hadn't been expecting it. He didn’t fault him for that. It was information Enzo had never gone out of his way to share. Or acknowledge. “Believe it or not, I was.”[break][break]

With a sigh he pushed himself up to sitting. He waited for Kosei to sit before shifting toward him. His fingers drifted against the nape of his neck, brushing his tangled hair to the side so that he could plant a short lived, but affectionate kiss there. Then without any more fanfare he began to work the tangled up tie loose. “I’m always telling you, you tie these too tight,” he chided with another quiet sigh. Indicative that his heart wasn’t really in it to scold him.[break][break]

It was no more than a distraction, anyway.[break][break]

There was almost an added sense of nostalgia as he worked out the tangles of Kosei’s hair with his fingers. Deft and practiced because he’d done the same for his own hair so often when he was younger. For a moment, he let the quiet eat them up, before the tentative question cut through. He didn’t pause, only continued combing through his hair. “I don’t know what came over me, honestly.”[break][break]

Another pause, as any lingering tension began to ease off of his shoulders. “Luca Serrano.” The name fell out clumsy and clunky, unpracticed on his tongue. It had been so long, he’d forgotten how the words even felt in his mouth. “That’s…well, it’s not my name now. But it was the one I was given.” Obviously he’d pulled de Luca from somewhere. Not initially very inventive as a young teenager.[break][break]

“How much would you like to know?” He didn’t ask if, because he figured it was a given. But also because a small part of him almost feared a potential rejection.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 19:28:36 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Lips pressed soft against the back of his neck. It was so unexpectedly intimate, that it made him shiver. Sure, maybe it was a bit ridiculous now considering the things they've done together, but it was strangely soft and almost domestic. It felt like there was more there than conditional whispers and fleeting moments of unknown wants. For as shameless as they could be, there was still an unexpected bashfulness when it came to being soft with one another. They weren't accustomed to anything that wasn't conditional.
[break][break]
He grumbled out a retorted complaint, but no words were actually formed. Even the nagging was unexpectedly soft. They were quiet as Enzo worked the tangles from his hair and Kosei would have paid to know his thoughts right then. Under normal circumstances, he would have accepted what he got for what it was worth, but now he felt himself deeply unsatisfied with what little information he'd been given. Enzo knew his life to such a degree that it was embarrassing. Not that Kosei was exactly an open-book, but his nature had been bred by his family so it was painfully easy to connect the dots.
[break][break]
Enzo, meanwhile, was clever and stupidly mysterious. Even if Kosei had formed some theories here and there, which had been sufficient back then. Now, it was irritating how little he really knew.
[break][break]
Luca Serrano. "Why did you change it?" He asked, before realizing whether or not he'd been given the right to know and was quiet when Enzo offered.
[break][break]
"I..." Kosei paused at that, hating the words he was about to say. "You don't have to tell me anything if you don't really want to. You don't owe me anything." It was a little complicated, battling between the desire to know and not wanting to push him and also feeling somewhat bitter about knowing he'd been so painfully well known while Enzo had hidden. The bitterness existed there whether he wanted it to or not.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]