Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
HINDSIGHT (mission / Bar Crawl)
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 7:54:53 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Clad in a neat black dress, hair fancied into a tail of sorts and mild make-up applied. This was what Elinor decided to wear for her bar crawl outing. Casual, but still fancy. Heels and a neat shoulder bag finished the touch. Though the latter rested neatly on her lap as she sat at one of the corner tables, wondering if would accept the invitation she had sent.

Her Negroni stood untouched upon the table, swirling gently in its glass with the help of one hand.

Maybe arriving early had been a dumb idea? She was bored… Her eyes moved to peer out into the landscape of fellow Year’s end appreciators. Though most seemed happy enough, she found some with solemn gazes.

For a moment she pondered why that was. Were they perhaps thinking back to past failings from the year?

As the thought surfaced she couldn’t help but be reminded of Littleroot, how she had been all but useless in the fight against Dialga, not for lack of trying, but for lack of power. She needed to get stronger, she had to. But Littleroot was not the only failure. To think that this year was the year of the Darkest Day as well… Perhaps her biggest failure of all.

Hoenn truly couldn’t get a moment of respite.

OOC: Mission thread for POST-PAAA

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 11:59:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Weather Trio on a cracker, just what the hell had happened?

The second voice inside his head had been unnaturally quiet, even though he’d already taken the rest of the year off. Now all he had to do was… wait, really.

That was all he could do.

He’d already returned to his office back at Lilycove before checking his phone once again and seeing that dear ol’ cousin Eli had sent him a message to meet her out… at Mossdeep? Strange location, but for someone who wanted to hit up the new bars that had begun appearing like Foongus all around the place he wouldn’t say no.

Although his eyebrows furrowed slightly at the dress code… ‘something presentable’ was… at least, a guideline he could go by.

(Thank fuck he had an extra closet in the office that had emergency clothes stashed inside.)

So no less than twenty minutes later, having showered and changed, and taken the Lynette Teleport express to boot he was at the address of the bar where his cousin was waiting.

And then… he had an idea why she had chosen a place so far from the ‘mainland’, so to speak.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 13:33:14 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

It had been a spur of the moment plan. Honestly, she didn’t even know why, and even more baffling she didn’t quite understand why she had chosen to dress this well for an outing with a family member. Perhaps it was some meager attempt at showing the world that she was alright. And with that thought came the first sip of her Negroni.

Whatever the reason, she sat waiting, looking around until she noticed someone who looked like her Cousin.

A smile appeared on her lips, for a moment, pushing aside all the bleaker memories in favor of some delight. She waved at him, hoping to get his attention and lead him over to her table.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 21:05:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Truth be told, he’d rather be sleeping with the fishes because damn he still felt exhausted. However, cousin dearest wanted to ring in the New Year by drinking her ass out, and so he would deliver.

“Hey,” he said once he’d gotten close enough, slumping straight into the chair across hers and ordering an entire bottle of tequila.

Yes he wanted to drink. No he was absolutely not sorry at all about this.

“I wanted to make a crack about what made you come down to join the normal folk, but eh, can’t be bothered,” he rumbled as he folded his arms on the table and just. Wilted.

“How are you holding up?”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 18:51:48 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Drinking her ass out was not something she did often. Honestly. She couldn’t remember the last time she did it (Which surely meant it was a great success) but who better to do it with than cousin-dearest.

Lars was quick to join her and one-up her with a whole bottle of tequila. But what got her chuckling for a moment was his comment. She had to reply in kind.

“Wait, this place isn’t exclusively for rich folks?” She pretended to look surprised. But she couldn’t hold it for long.

“I am holding up as well as I can.” Elinor said, taking a sip. Perhaps she shot that down a bit too quick.

“How are YOU holding up?” She got the distinct feeling that what had happened at Littleroot was rather tame compared to the happenings at the Meteor.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 13:32:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’ll cut to the chase—the entire time I was up there in space, it was just. For lack of anything to say, nerve-wracking.”

Which was an understatement in and on itself.

“Plus there were Rockets out there—pretty sure they were—because I got tangled in a few scuffles myself up there…” he continued as the bottle of tequila, a shot glass, and a bucket of ice was set down in front of him some time later.

“Basically. Scared fucking shitless. I thought we weren’t going to make it.”

He then reached for the bottle of tequila, cracked it open, and immediately poured himself a shot. No ice, no nada, and knocked it back in one.

“I thought I saw Darkrai up there.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 10:57:34 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor listened as Lars answered her question.

“That… I can’t even begin to imagine how it must’ve been up there.” She had always seen Lars as the calm and composed of the two, for him to have wrecked nerves while up there.

“And with Rocket there.” Elinor took a good chuck at her drink, leaving little but a bottom trail behind.

“If only I had been there.” She muttered. Though she knew not only were she doing important work at littleroot at the time, but her presence would’ve changed little, if the reports she had read were right.

“You think you saw Darkrai up there?” Elinor repeated.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 11:36:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What else can travel in the thinner air of the upper atmosphere without batting an eyelash?” he muttered quietly as he poured himself another shot and eyeing his cousin’s Negroni.

Silence fell for a few moments before he continued, “It almost took out the largest of the League shuttles that were sent to space, you know. It was that dangerous.”

He then stared at the bottom of the shot glass for a few moments before speaking up again.

“…well, it wasn’t just Darkrai that appeared up there. There was this… this alien figure that appeared as well.”

When the barkeep had returned with a plate of peanuts for him to knock back while finishing the bottle, he’d grabbed a paper napkin and fished out a pen as well.

“Let me… sketch it for you.”

He then got to work, brows furrowed, sketching out the rough appearance of what he remembered seeing up there—the thing that had tried to decimate them all.

He was sure he got a few details wrong, though…

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 12:12:23 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

A Quiet “True.” escaped her lips as Lars pointedly replied her doubt in Darkrai.

Lars continued. While Elinor wasn’t familiar with just how hard taking out a Shuttle like that would be. The way Lars spoke of it, bespoke a power that should not be questioned. Time and time again, it seemed that Legendary Pokémon would come to wreck havoc.

Her face revealed the question mark in her mind as Lars confirmed the existence of another creature besides Darkrai.

She was about to question his sanity, but before she could do so he began to sketch the thing. While he did so, she would order another drink, something a bit harder this time.

She returned her attention to the drawing. She hadn’t seen anything like it before. But the brief moment between ordering another drink and looking at the sketch had allowed her time to find a lost memory. The Memory of a Meteorite that wanted to investigate.

Perhaps a similar creature had spawned from it?

“Well that is worrying. Not only Darkrai, but also a creature from outer space. And you say it was hostile?” Elinor spoke thoughtfully.

“I presume you were able to deal with this alien creature?” Another thoughtful look, though Lars would find no uncertainty in her voice.

Of course, they dealt with it. Lars brought Articuno... In her mind, no alien creature would surely be able to match that kind of strength.

"By the way, how is Articuno doing after all that?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 10:04:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“No questions asked, the moment it busted out of the meteor, it literally started wreaking havoc with what I can guess is a supercharged Meteor Beam attack. There wasn’t just one, though, there were two of them!”

He remembered with a cold chill what had mentioned at the meeting about there being two of the damned thing.

“What’s worse is that I can take a good guess the other one might be associated with Rocket. Which is… yeah. Shit hit the fan level basically.”

He sighed as he scooped up some peanuts and knocked them back, before pouring another shot and downing it in one.

“You remember the debriefing we had after everything went down, like when all the AQUA members convened and talked about what happened in their respective warfronts?” he went on, twirling the shot glass absently on the table.

“…I haven’t heard from the Mirage since. Like, since shortly after the entire thing with the meteor went down and we all landed back close to Oldale.”

That… was concerning in and on itself.

“I feel mentally naked right now.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 19:03:33 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

In Lars’s words shit hit the fan quickly.

She really didn’t have a whole lot to add to that. And so turned to the drink that slid in front of her. A wild Alien running about, and one potentially aligned with Rocket.

Perhaps knows about that one? Even if he did, he was unlikely to share it. Elinor knew this.

Returning to the conversation and drinking ahead. She gave Lars a nod in response before she took a sip. But she halted mid-sip when news of the Mirage or rather lack thereof escaped Lars. She was a moment's weakness away from spitting her drink out in Lars’s face. But her professionalism kept her from doing so.

“What?!” She finally mustered.

“Have you checked up on it? Did it say that it wanted some alone time?” Elinor was quick to ask. Worry written plainly on her face as she feared Lars had been too caught up in his own problems to notice that of partner deity.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 16:20:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars then released the single longest exhalation he would muster up.

“Let’s just say… after the entire fiasco went down and everyone needed to decompress… I kinda got banished away from Shoal Cave.”

That, in and on itself was rather frightening to say the least.

“It’s been a while since I heard the familiar snarky overtones inside my head, you know. They weren’t there during the post-Meteno meeting, but I didn’t mention it to anyone because. You know. Everyone else going into an uproar for the tiniest reason ever.”

He sighed before knocking back another shot of tequila. Maybe he should order a Negroni next after the bottle had been emptied.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 17:12:30 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Worry made way for an almost icy stare befitting their subject. The exhalation of Lars made it all the more likely the blame to lay upon Lars's shoulders.

But the tension she felt dissipated somewhat when he explained the situation. She sipped from a drink. The warmth of the alcohol started to build up. For a brief moment she considered staying her hand with the alcohol.

“Understandable…” Elinor muttered. Mentioning this during that meeting would definitely have been unwise.

“But to banish you like that…” What happened must’ve shaken Articuno badly. Elinor thought.

But then an idea struck her, though it was probably a bad idea.

“Perhaps I should go have a chat with it?”

While there were a lot of things she had failed at this year, fighting of Necrozma and Dialga just to name a few, she figured perhaps she could succeed in giving the Mirage a pep-talk.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 12:28:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Yeah, for lack of a better way to say this, I was fucking banished,” he said, laughing at the statement—but it was a very hollow laugh.

“I don’t know how long, I don’t know when I can return, last I remember was that I had been summarily forbidden from entering the danged cave. Like. What the hell, man?”

He sighed. He then shook the bottle before realizing that it was empty. He was contemplating getting a second bottle, but instead ordered a Negroni, to the surprise of the bartender who came to take the empty bottle and glass away.

“You think they’re willing to talk now?” he hummed, looking down at the water rings on the wooden table caused by his shot glass.

“I mean… it’s worth a shot. Better than this fuck-awful radio silence…”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 15:49:35 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor wasn’t so inebriated that the hollowness in his laugh went unnoticed.

Elinor had made up her mind. The Mirage was not about to get a choice.

But she pretended to look thoughtful, so that Lars couldn’t claim that she hadn’t thought it through. “Whether it is ready or not, I think it’s about time that we get some answers from it willingly or not."

She smiled, glanced at Lars and with a joking tone to her voice said. “What’s the worst that can happen?” Of course there was a wide range of 'worst' things it could do.

She downed the rest of her current drink and ordered another!

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]