awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ULTRA DEEP SEA: FLAK
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 22:05:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The inside of head felt like it was on fire—but not the heated kind of fire, it was the cold kind of ‘fire’, considering that he was partially a being of ice due to the ‘bond’ he shared with the legendary Iceborne Mirage.

Just as the Blastoise turned around and presented their shell shield with a faintly-discernible Protective shield up, bursts of frozen energy began leaping from his fingers as ice began forming in strange, erratic formations. Clearly—something was definitely off, and it didn’t take too long before the ‘ground’ where he was swinging around on started to ice over as well.

“You—coward!” he growled, and for some reason his voice had changed to something… more ethereal, cold, and violent. “Running away from me?”

The temperature around them began dropping several degrees, the more the frozen ‘power’ continued to leak out of him in uncontrollable fits and bursts. The ground where he stepped on continued to frost over, as well as some parts of his own body in response to the venom spreading.

• yeah clearly Nihilego toxin does this to him
yes that’s his avatar powers clearly going berserk, take too long and shit might even hit the fan faster than it already is, Fox!
• Lars… is clearly not 100% present anymore because of the way the venom is infecting him from the inside out

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
i am only a nameless soul heading into a pure, black void
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:28:55 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest6"]
[attr="class","body"]

Fox swung his pack over his shoulder and rooted through it quickly, grabbing a 3CC syringe with a 22 gauge needle locked into it-- meant for pushing epinephrine, mostly, but pretty much just standard in any emergency kit.
[break][break]
He stood up and glanced through the gap between Inari’s arm and her leg, just as an icicle split the air, sprouting out of nowhere and slicing forth with a horrible, crackling noise. Scattered snowflakes coagulated in the dark, spiraling off in a nonexistent wind. “What the--,”
[break][break]
A blade of ice shot through the dark and pierced through Inari’s ankle, and the Blastoise roared in pain. Thin tendrils of blood slipped up against the force of gravity. A rime-like crust spread from where Lars’ feet touched the ground, sprouting in myriad ice crystals like bursts of flowers. Fox shifted to the side, staring down at the ground.
[break][break]
“Lars, what-- how are you--,”
[break][break]
Inari snarled darkly, dragging his attention away from staring at the rocks beneath their feet that were quickly freezing over.
[break][break]
“I get it!” Fox hissed, dodging a chunk of ice that flew by his head. “We need more time.”
[break][break]
He charged forward, dropping to slide under Inari and Phage on his hip on the ice, then hopped up closer to Lars, grabbing his wrist and twisting his arm back behind him again.
[break][break]
“Not running, big boy, I’m right here,” he said, trying to force the Head Ranger to his knees. He tossed the syringe to Phage, who caught it in his telekinetic energy and prepped it for a draw.

[break][break]

NOTES

-

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#3de0e7;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 21:03:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

More and more of the frozen power that had been lurking quietly under his skin for so long was finally bursting forth—and not in the good kind of way.

The more he tottered on his uneven balance, the thicker the ice grew; more icicles began forming in the air above them before they started dropping, splitting into smaller shards that pelted everyone below.

“You want me? Come and get me, then!” the same, unfamiliar, terrifying voice that reverberated through Lars’s lips taunted the green-haired man before the shards continued to rain down around them—

And then him? Forced to one knee by the sudden blur shooting by—?!

The longer he tried to restrain him, though, the faster the shards of ice were spreading up from his wrists, across his arms—and if Fox didn’t let go in time, the encroaching cold would spread across his own arms too.

The Silvally was now hanging around on the opposite side of the Blastoise, roaring at the strange—the strange shit that was going on between their little party; what was going on with his human? Why was he acting like a man possessed?!

the snarky one is speaking but it’s the violent kind of manifestation
• ice is spreading fast across and up from Lars’s hands; this can and will catch on Fox if he’s not careful!
• Amir the Silvally is circling around them, hella confused but hella upset at the same time

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 21:26:49 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Fox squeezed Lars’ wrist harder, bearing the Ranger Captain down. The temperature around them began to drop, lower and lower. Ice crusted in his eyelashes; the breath froze in his lungs.
[break][break]
“N-now, Phage! Inari!” he yelled, fighting through shivers.
[break][break]
Phage maneuvered the syringe with psychic energy to pop neatly into Inari’s jugular vein, drawing forth deep red blood. He pulled the syringe back and Inari covered the venipuncture with her own arm.
[break][break]
“W-we n-need to s-s-eparate-- s-serum, Phage,” Fox said. The cold was beginning to make his skin burn. He held harder, pushing Lars down. He wrapped one arm around his front to get a hold on his head.
[break][break]
“Lars, you have to--,” but he couldn't finish, the cold punching the air out of him.
[break][break]
Meanwhile, Phage subsumed the now-capped syringe and began to rapidly spin, with a disgusting, jello-like jiggly sound.

[break][break]

NOTES

-

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 21:45:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Silvally realized that unless the spreading ice was stopped, they were going to have a bit of a disaster on their hands—and so he roared.

Roared enough, to send out a burst of controlled Flamethrower at the fast-spreading ice. That would have to work for now, because the other option was screeching like a demon (thank you Metal Sound for literally sounding like a thousand nails on a chalk board) and that would potentially upset whatever was going on between the Duosion and the other human who was holding Lars down.

“You want me—to do what?”

For a few moments, the terrifying, ethereal voice ebbed away to reveal the man’s familiar gruff tone; however the ice was still a problem to contend with!

(At least the Silvally was there now to help out with stopping the spreading of the ice even further than it already did.)

• Amir the Silvally used a controlled Flamethrower to try and thaw the ice
look the other option was Metal Sound but that may not be a good idea right now

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 22:01:15 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
Latent heat from the Silvally’s flamethrower licked at Fox’s extremeties, dulling the sharpness of the cold.
[break][break]
“You have to-- control yourself--!” he managed, even though his lips were turning blue, and forming words was hard.
[break][break]
Phage ceased spinning, wobbling back and forth a little, dizzy. But then he produced the syringe-- now separated into blood solids and a semi-clear serum, at the top-- with a triumphant bu-bu-bu-baaaah! buzzing noise.
[break][break]
“I-inject him--,” Fox stuttered, even though it killed him to not switch the needle or syringe or properly find a vein. IM was going to have to be good enough. He pressed his palm against Lars’ cheek to push his head to the side.
[break][break]
Phage spun the syringe and aimed it, launching it at Lars like a javelin, aiming for the space between neck and shoulder

[break][break]

NOTES

-

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 3:01:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’m—trying!”

Even with the strain in his voice, the frozen energy continued to pour out of him, leaking like some noxious chemical spill—of all the times, why did this have to happen now?!

(Or was this like, a side-effect of being poisoned by tentacle monster venom? Who knew?!)

The Silvally continued to circle around, breathing out small bursts of flame to help melt the ice that was sticking onto the other man’s clothes and waiting to leap in at the moment the crazy, rampant power stopped pouring out of his crazy human like a leaking faucet.

The urge to struggle was still there, although he felt his head being pushed back, and the same ethereal voice became even more violent, struggling against how he was being pinned down before something pierced him in the neck.

“Are…are you trying to kill me?!” he yelped; the needle went in deeper, much deeper than he would’ve liked.

someone hold his dank ass down!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 15:28:24 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
Fox watched Phage depress the plunger, and when all of the serum was deposited, he managed to shake out “S-stop!” Phage pulled the needle free and Fox heaved himself up to press the curve of his elbow to the puncture, to hold it off-- it had been deeper than intended.
[break][break]
By now his hands and arms were rimed with frost, the burn of it surely damaging his skin; it pricked against his chest, and his whole body was shivering.
[break][break]
Still, he couldn’t resist the snark. “I-I-I’ve c-considered it.”
[break][break]
Antivenin deployed, he moved to let go of Lars, but found himself stuck firmly to the Head Ranger’s form by a thick encapsulation of ice, arms encircling his body in some macabre mockery of a hug.
[break][break]
His breath was becoming harsh and shallow, punched out of him by the cold, and for a moment he let his head slump, forehead coming to rest at the base of Lars’ neck.

[break][break]

NOTES

- antivenin deployed! [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 16:03:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’m… I’m trying!” he gasped out, willing the ice to stop spreading before the other turned into a human icicle and died from severe frostbite and hypothermia.

“What—whatever you do, d-don’t you fucking dare… fall asleep!” he hissed as the ice, slowly but surely, began to melt, releasing both of them from its frigid hold.

The Silvally continued to circle around, this time releasing another hot breath of Flamethrower to accelerate the melting of the ice around them. Slowly, surely, eventually—the frigid grip the frost had on both of them released first Fox, and then Lars with a loud shattering noise.

“Are… are you okay?!” he breathed out once he was free enough to maneuver around.

these idiots

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 16:27:52 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Fox knew he should listen to Lars (wow, he must be dying) and he struggled to keep his eyes open, think about something, anything to keep his mind working. Slowly, the ice began to recede, and his body started to relax, until he was well and truly slumped against Lars, the damp fabric of his clothes pressed against the Head Ranger.
[break][break]
Lars seemed to de-ice with a great explosion, shards of the stuff flung off to float in the strange, senseless gravity of the place. The Head Ranger turned and Fox’s grip slipped free, landing him on his feet; he stumbled back, arms numb from the cold and from the deathgrip he’d had on the other man.
[break][break]
“Absolutely braw,” he said, stretching, the vertebra in his spine popping as he shook out his arms. “But wh’ the merry fuck was all of that?!”
[break][break]
Just after he’d spoken, however, he realized now was probably not the time or the place.
[break][break]
“We should cut our losses and go back.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- i forgot we still had prompts to do lol

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 20:38:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I suppose you should know…” he breathed quietly, helping the other stand.

The Silvally approached and subsequently breathed out a plume of flame large enough to warm them both, and Lars—even if he despised flames in any way, shape or form—approached the fire and began drying his clothes out.

“Do you know anything about legendary Pokémon?”

He had a guess that they might—considering that Fox was from Kanto, and may have an idea of at least the legendary birds that called the blasted region ‘home’, in a way.

we still have the mega evolution and my personal prompt to hit, WHOOPS

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 17:14:20 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

fox regretted asking. they were still standing in those stupid, tentacle infested caverns, and instead of doing what fox had asked lars wanted to stand around talking.
[break][break]
"walk and talk, commander," fox said, snapping slightly, striding back the way they'd come. "god knows you lip enough to know how to do both."
[break][break]
he didn't indulge lars' question until they were safely clear of the cave mouth.
[break][break]
"what the merry fuck does that have to do with anything?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- u get one talky post and then im spawning npc enemies

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 22:04:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“It has a lot to do with what I asked you earlier,” he remarked quietly, finally getting a move on and following him out of where he’d pretty much almost lost complete control of himself.

(This is extremely ironic considering he’s supposed to be the one known as the Composed.)

“I know you’re all scientific and everything, but. Well, if avatars did exist in Kanto, they’re all either dead or may have fled to other places. Other regions. An avatar basically… is a legendary Pokémon’s human champion, or sorts. Not ‘champion’ per se, but… well… they know things. Things we humans can only hope to understand.”

He didn’t know how flabbergasted the other man would be after that explanation.

It was at this point that he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

“…there’s something coming. I don’t know what, I don’t know how many, but I am very sure there’s something waiting for us…”

dorime

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 19:52:10 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Fox has to bite down a certain level of derision at being described as scientific and everything, realizing he was never going to get to the bottom of understanding what the fuck had happened if he didn’t let Lars explained. Even now his skin ached with remnants of frostburn, angry and reddened in places.
[break][break]
He did pause, though, when Lars got to the point about Legendary Pokemon picking human champions, turning to give his most venomous look.
[break][break]
“You can’t be serious.”
[break][break]
He was so-- beyond words, his face screwing up into a scowl, about to demand to know just how stupid the Head Ranger thought he was when the hair on the back of his neck stood up, too. Phage burbled in warning, and Inari stepped in closer, turning her shell to the expanse around them for protection-- not a moment too soon, as there was a strange whistling noise and then a wet splat as something stick and purple plastered itself against her carapace.
[break][break]
The Nagandel appeared as though out of thin air-- where once there was nothing, it reared up, reloading its syringe-gun and bearing down on the two hapless humans and their Pokemon partners.
[break][break]
"RUN!"

[break][break]

NOTES

- nagandel time

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 20:16:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I am unfortunately. Very serious with what I said.”

As if to prove a point—now that his own avatar powers weren’t going fucking berserk because of the tentacle monster thing’s poison, he was just about to summon up a shard of ice long enough to use as a knife of sorts when the sound of something—liquid caught his attention.

And while his own Poipole was just a kid, he surmised that this was the fucking evolution of the damned thing! How were there any of those down here?!

“You’ve… got to be fucking kidding me!”

No more time, no more nothing, he pulled out a random Pokéball from deep within his pockets and threw it forward as he was about to break out into a run—instead of summoning Ro the Metagross, though, this one spat out Alpha the Lucario, and he had to bite down the urge to scream.

He knew that it wasn’t going to be enough, and so with immense trepidation, he hurriedly tapped the Mega Stone inlaid in the ring he wore on his right index finger. While they were running, the Lucario took the time to transform into his Mega-evolved form, and this was a first because they were on the run from a Naganadel Nagadaniels! (Yes. You read that right. Naga-fuggin-daniels.)

“Alpha! Don’t you dare fucking miss!” was all he would say next; and while they turned tail to get the hell out of there, the mega-evolved Lucario came to a skidding stop, and unleashed a Sphere of Auric energy before turning around and running alongside the fleeing idiots!

The Silvally, meanwhile, screamed and then unleashed a Multi-Attack at the same time as well, aiming to hit the Naganadel as hard as possible.

running time! Lucario Mega Evolves and used Aura Sphere on the Nagadaniels while on the run; Silvally used Multi-Attack (Ice) on the same target!
• hit prompt: use mega evolution in a pivotal way + shoehorning in saltbae’s personal prompt as well!