shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA DEEP SEA

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

GRANITE CAVE[break]↓ ULTRA DEEP SEA

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055326462955225158/lusapogger.mp3[/player][break]
Lusamine's Encounter Theme - Pokemon Sun & Moon
[break]

CONTRARY TO ITS NAME, THE MAJORITY OF THE ULTRA DEEP SEA IS A VAST CAVE-LIKE WORLD. Shafts of light from an unknown source barely penetrate the dark, causing colorful diamond-like rocks to glisten against humid walls. The dim lighting makes the place seem like you're thousands of leagues under the sea... Eerily, an unceasing pulse can be heard like a heart beat that rumbles throughout the realm.[break][break]

Oddly enough, one is able to "swim" through this realm like Water-type Pokemon floating in air.[break][break]

One may stumble upon deep, cold pools of dark water and alien seaweed as they scout out the realm. Segments of this place open up into an astral sea, where islands of mysterious stone are suspended mid-air.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 01 become poisoned by nihilego toxin temporarily.
  • 03 use a pokemon to light your path.
  • 06 involve bioluminescent sea plants in a meaningful way.
  • 09 the longer you stay, the more likely you will receive a temporary and horrific mutation (e.g. a barnacle growing on the skin, a patch of shell, etc.) that disappears upon your return to hoenn.
  • 12 involve the realm's heartbeat-like sound and/or the discovery of large organ-like structures.
  • 🗺️ utilize mega evolution in a pivotal way.
  • 🗺️ 's experience as head ranger must be pivotal in some way.
  • 🗺️ 's expertise in bacteriology and infectious disease must be pivotal in some way.
  • 🗺️ @aries's expertise as a bodyguard must be used to catalyze a relationship of some kind with another peer in the expedition team.
  • 🗺️ 's primal instincts will be on high alert frequently as if in the presence of a gargantuan predator.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ULTRA DEEP SEA: FLAK
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 17:10:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He’d heard the rumors, the stories—about how some people had managed to visit ‘other worlds’ by coming to this particular cave within the region.

Although he had yet to meet someone who had indeed completed a sojourn to another reality, so to speak…

Fact of the matter was, this was here now—and for some reason it felt… strange. Alien. Like they were invading something that they shouldn’t.

However, humans happen to be naturally curious; therefore they would do anything to poke around and see what anything strange, or unusual would me.

(Kind of like what’s happening now.)

The voice of the snarky one was nowhere to be found, so… that was strange.

He looked around, wondering if coming out here had been a good idea—but it was too late now, they were already here so it was time to make the most of it!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 1:54:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

As reality fragmented, like a collapsing cavern, new paths unlocked themselves. Paths that were not tread by human feet and, as Kaida entered the new reality, she realized something about this path. It was not meant to be tread by human feet.

She entered the dimension like a drowning woman, flailing in the oddly buoyant air with a brief shriek. Eyes wide, she whirled in place, ears thudding with a bloodless heartbeat. A thudding that shuddered across her cells, observed this new presence, and quite suddenly, knew they were here.

Abruptly, she calmed, landing and slinking behind Lars. This was her first time being hunted by a true predator, but she knew what to do. Stay quiet, stay unnoticed, try to avoid its presence...at least, if she could determine where it even was.

"I think something noticed us." Her entrance may have already given the situation away, but she attempted to maintain calm. Who knew how the others would react if they knew some beast that was everywhere knew they were here?

@aries

Pokemon:
Din, Gorebyss, Male, Swift Swim. Psychic, Draining Kiss, Whirlpool, Shell Smash, Blizzard, Hail.
Njor, Carvanha, Male, Rough Skin. Focus Energy, Ice Fang, Crunch, Aqua Jet, Snarl, Dive.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
i am only a nameless soul heading into a pure, black void
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 0:47:37 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest6"]
[attr="class","body"]

Fox was a guerilla fighter, a smuggler, and, at times, an assassin. Nothing made him feel more comforted than darkness and close quarters. He never felt comfortable unless his back was to a wall.
[break][break]
Except… except. This wasn’t quite the same. Any curve, any turn, could open up to a bottomless pit, a sprawling abyss. Any dip could conceal an enemy, a monster.
[break][break]
“All right up there?” he called, lips quirking up in an approximate half-smile, when his feet were firmly on the ground and he’d figured out his balance. spun above him, looking almost ethereal in the violet low light. is behind him, looking surly, as usual.
[break][break]
Kaida’s words make a chill settle in down the length of his spine. He doesn’t ask her how she knows. He’s survived too long to question instincts.
[break][break]
“It’s too open, here. Let’s make for these caverns up ahead.”

@aries [break][break]

NOTES

- guh sorry im here [break]
- lets go not be in the open

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#3de0e7;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 5:16:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aries"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

there was nothing aries should be surprised about at this point. she had survived a comet, had dealt with so much beyond that in hoenn alone— and yet. a part of her knows there’s no real way to not be surprised by it, that there was always going to be some sense of surprise when she dealt with the newest thing. it was only human, after all, and trying to be prepared for the next thing didn’t change that aries was too.
[break][break]
had the circumstances been different, the dimension would have been beautiful. and, even as things were, it was— but aries didn’t trust it, less than she trusted anything, and it’s ’s words that sends a cold chill down her spine. she hadn’t noticed it before, likely in some attempt to protect herself by drowning it out, but with the idea that they’ve caught something’s attention she notices it. it’s slight, enough that she could brush it off as blood rushing in her ears, but it has an odd rhythm to it.
[break][break]
one that aries finds herself comparing her own heartbeat to.
[break][break]
“is letting something potentially back us into a corner the best idea?” she asks, finally, although there’s no real complaint in her words; if she has to choose between following and staying out here, with the rumbling heartbeat-sound, then she’ll take her chances with other people. and just maybe follow behind— habit she’s picked up from her job as a bodyguard, especially with the idea of something following them.
[break][break]
— aries does not trust this dimension[break]
— notices the heartbeat[break]
— doesn’t like the idea of being cornered but decides she’ll follow anyways

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]
"]

[newclass=".aries"]--accent:#7db598;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 19:45:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It was a good thing Kaida was among their number, because the eeriness of the entire—this entire place was legitimately making all the hairs on the back of his neck (as well as the fine hairs on his arms) continuously prickle.

“…I think we’ve not only been seen, but we’re definitely being watched,” he continued quietly, his own eyes looking around trying to pick something out of the dark.

Shit. What if this place had tight spaces? Then everyone would be pretty much fucked, because—

“For once I agree with you,” he concurred in Fox’s direction. “The longer we stay out here, the higher the chance we’re going to get pounced on. Did anyone bring a Fire-type or something? What they say about things crawling in the dark is true the longer we’re exposed.”

His senses were on motherfucking high alert and he did not want to break down and cause the ‘chain of command’ to go awry. Just to be on the safe side…

A flash of red light revealed his Silvally—he knew that at least one of them had an idea of what Amir was (Kaida) but the other two? Time to risk it!

“Get one Pokémon companion out, and let’s go. I’ll take the rear. Kaida, can you take the lead? I know… I trust your instinct.”

If she could tell there was bad news, best to have him at the back, because he was the one that had the power of a god a deity on his side, best for rear cover.

And that humming, pulsing noise wouldn’t stop bothering him. It was like… syncing along with his own, hissing in his ears and literally setting him on too much edge.

• took notice of the area’s disturbing noise (12) and boy is it setting him on edge
not to be the hero Lars starts setting up a ‘marching order’ and literally volunteers to take the rear spot himself, asks Kaida to take point
• Silvally is out and about
let’s go

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 4:33:44 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Behind Lars, Kaida felt a little bit better. Better still as her warning was heeded. And then instantly shuddered again as the nearly invisible pulse reverberated through her heels.

"I didn't bring any fire types...I think I would rather not be very visible here." As she spoke, she released a Gorebyss. Contrary to appearance, it was a deep sea Pokemon, yet as she released it, it seemed just as out of place. She sucked in a breath through her teeth, hating how the heartbeat sound seemed to speed up at the sound, and spoke quickly, "Yes, Lars. I-I will try and protect us. Din, let's go."

Despite the unease, Din listened, swimming through the air towards the caverns. She wasn't sure if her eyes were playing tricks on her, or if something gleamed in time with the pulses.

@aries

Pokemon:
Din, Gorebyss, Male, Swift Swim. Psychic, Draining Kiss, Whirlpool, Shell Smash, Blizzard, Hail.
Njor, Carvanha, Male, Rough Skin. Focus Energy, Ice Fang, Crunch, Aqua Jet, Snarl, Dive.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 19:07:02 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Fox was never a leader. He was forged into one, broken down and stretched, relayered back on the molten remains of his old self, doused and cooled and hardened. He never wanted it, but the metal rarely ever got to decide what human hands shaped it into.
[break][break]
But he was not even a created leader here. Simply another being, lost in this strange abyss of amniotic fluid, somewhere smudged between worlds.
[break][break]
“Stay, if y’want,” he says with a shrug, steps light as he hop-swims towards the caverns.
[break][break]
Still. The nerves of the situation would not stop him from being a smartass. In the mouth of the cavern, he turns to , and places the back of his hand against his forehead in a faux swoon.
[break][break]
“Chap me over, he agrees with me.”
[break][break]
They push on in their chosen order as the cavern begins to flex and branch, like alveoli in strange, stillborn lungs.
[break][break]
Something pinches in the center of his forehead, insistent and sharp. Unable to ignore it, he brings his fingertips to the apex of his skull--
[break][break]
--there’s a bump, under his touch. New, foreign-- and growing rapidly, by the way it wriggles under his skin, the feeling of it making his body shudder in something akin to nausea. He doesn’t say anything, brushes his bangs back over it (no use panicking everyone for nothing, yet).
[break][break]
Somewhere behind him a curtain of white tendrils descends from the ceiling, like sud-scrapers at the freakiest car wash in existence.

@aries [break][break]

NOTES

- i dont care if my template is broken i dont care [break]
- fox is growing.... something out of his head (prompt 09) [break]
- nihilego tentacles drop from the ceiling setting us up for prompt 01 and also fox's personal prompt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 3:39:08 GMT
shiv Avatar

EXPEDITION NOTICE

NOTE: This expedition may be in jeopardy of stagnating. @aries's player has not been able to post in awhile, and 's player is going on hiatus. Feel free to continue without the aforementioned players (should Tarot or Drakka be unable to post for this event) and finish this expedition with two characters.

You will not need to complete prompts specific to @aries or if that is the case. Do note, that there is no real deadline, for this event will be ongoing.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 10:07:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

For some strange reason, did the shadows—did they stretch out much further than usual? Where… where had Kaida and their other companion gone off to?

“Kai—” he began, before realizing the strange, unusual noise that was thrumming in time with his own heartbeat was getting louder the deeper they proceeded.

They were… for lack of a better term, very much alone.

The fine hairs on his arms were standing up and refusing to relax before he walked straight into the tendrils because he was looking around too much because of the inherent paranoia that was rising and—

The scream that was about to leave his mouth was muffled as said ‘hidden’ Nihilego (well, to the two of them it was just a jellyfish-looking Poké… wait was it a Pokémon?!) dropped down from the unseen ceiling and suddenly trapped him within its jelly-like ‘body’.

While he only knew of the other… strange Pokémon-like creatures he’d seen (mostly the buff bug) this one felt strange as the tentacles gnashed around and he tried to break out of it—but why were they so fucking slippery?!

He tried to yell, to scream, but the tentacles continued to hold him in that strange, macabre hentai hold the more he thrashed around.

He didn’t feel the stinging sensation at the base of his neck as the strange jellyfish set to work, digging its ‘stinger’ deep into the spot where it had pretty much stabbed him and tried to take control.

Right then and there the Silvally roared, fins bristling with an almost unseen light as it charged forward in an attempt to repel the strange squid… jellyfish… whatever this was… away from where it was trying to strangle the fucking life out of Lars.

Uh-oh!

• why does it feel like they’re alone here now…?!
• he’s on high alert, extremely paranoid and…
• BAM hell here comes the Nihilego, dropping down straight on top of him and trapping him, trying to squeeze the ever-loving life out of him
• one of the tentacles makes its way to the base of his neck and pierces through his skin before unloading its mind-altering poisons deep into the ‘payload’ (prompt #1)
• UH-OH!!!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 15:16:07 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

All of his instincts ratcheted up in one second as the darkness became all-consuming, like a Wailord blotting out the sun. Fox froze, drawing back his gaze, trying to gather any and all possible light to get a better picture of what might be happening.
[break][break]
A moment later and it passed, and the only sound was Lars’ question, which was quickly swallowed up by the undercurrent of a heartbeat that Fox had been so desperately trying to ignore.
[break][break]
He turned to ask the head ranger a question. “What are-- wait, stop!”
[break][break]
Too late. The tendrils lashed and something strange and white and opaque descended from the ceiling, smothering Lars.
[break][break]
Fox didn’t know what the fuck this thing was or what it was doing. He called Phage forward. “Psyshock,” he ordered, and the Duosion burbled and unleashed jagged lightning-bolt rays of purplish energy, targeted towards the bell of the strange Tentacruel-like Pokemon.
[break][break]
The creature wobbled, like jello that had been punched, and spat Lars out with a wet, gooey noise, receding into the ceiling once more as the strange dangling bits disappeared.
[break][break]
Phage cast protect over the Head Ranger to defend against a second attack and Fox took a few fast steps towards him.
[break][break]
“Are-- are you okay?” he asked, holding out his hands in case Lars stumbled or fell.

[break][break]

NOTES

- duosion uses psyshock to punch the nihilego off of lars

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 20:54:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

His field of vision blurred, and his body—well, for that moment in time he felt that his own body did not belong to him before the tentacles were forcibly removed and he was ejected from the writhing mass of… whatever those were as his entire body pitched forward.

In his head, it was like the signals were all scrambled—he had no idea that Nihilego toxin spread that fast especially at the point where he’d been stung—everything felt foggy, hazy—the good thing about this was that the jellyfish had been knocked away before it had a chance to take full control of him and use him like a puppet, but still…

The throbbing was thrumming in his ears as his center of gravity shifted and his knees literally gave out from under him.

It was like a light switch flickering violently, only instead of said light switch it was his brain’s signals going on the literal fritz as the poison spread and overtook him—before arms that were trying to help him stand up were suddenly reaching for Fox’s throat, intent on strangling the life out of the other.

• the mess that is going on in Lars’s head is just—a mess
Nihilego toxin spreads really fast when stabbed at the base of the neck huh
• He’s literally flickering violently in and out of existence
• Lars has no idea whatsoever that he’s attempting to choke the life out of Fox
• UH-OH!!!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 18:18:18 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Fox watched the uneven, tremoring steps of the Head Ranger with stoic eyes. Lars staggered, but didn’t seem to be falling, until suddenly he was pitching forward and reaching for Fox.
[break][break]
The fighting instincts in him snapped to attention and he swatted Lars’ arms away, grabbing one wrist and attempting to spin him around and pin that arm to his back.
[break][break]
“Commander, calm down,” he grits, fighting with the larger man-- by inches, but still larger-- until his eyes are drawn to the shocking purple streaks that are spreading rapidly beneath Lars’ skin, like violet lightning bolts.
[break][break]
Fox suddenly pushes off, shoving Lars hard away from him. “Phage, find that-- tentacle thing,” he says, as his Duosion has been hovering worriedly nearby, “and bring it back. I just need one.”
[break][break]
The little cell disappears into the ceiling in search of its quarry. Fox releases his Blastoise, and the large turtle puts herself protectively between her trainer and the Head Ranger.
[break][break]
“Ever the dramatic, Laurence?” Fox goads from behind his macrochelean shield.

[break][break]

NOTES

- the Plan. ah yes.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 16:02:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What—did you call me?!”

His field of vision was spinning terribly the longer he remained standing—his balance had been rendered all but shot out the window as he whipped his head around sharply to find the direction where the voice was coming from.

“You—have no right, to—” he stammered, swerving around as he saw something swimming at the edge of his vision blocking where the voice was coming from.

“No right to call me that!” he growled as he attempted to circle around the Blastoise, his hands swinging around wildly in an attempt to grab the other man.

The buzzing noise inside his head intensified the longer the venom coursed through his system—he was seeing red the longer he staggered around.

Should the other notice, for the briefest of seconds the veins around his neck were much darker than normal, before fading into shadow.

• the poison is scrambling his thought processes, yikes
• and he wants Fox’s blood—
• the darkened veins flicker for a moment before disappearing into the shadows again

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 20:07:42 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Lars looked rough. His eyes kept swimming, like he was having trouble deciphering the middle distance.
[break][break]
One side of Fox’s mouth dips in a questioning frown.
[break][break]
“Commander?” he asks, genuinely confused, keeping his tone civil; he’s prepared, though, with the weight on the balls of his feet, knees bent. “Or-- your name?”
[break][break]
Lars clearly isn’t in control of his mental faculties because he comes flailing at Inari and Fox both. The Blastoise growls, knocking the Head Ranger back with a warning push.
[break][break]
“I don’t have the right to call you by your name?” Fox continues, eyes flicking up to where Phage had disappeared into the depths of the cavern. “Do you realize how pompous that sounds, Laurence?”
[break][break]
A squeak of success rings out and Phage comes filtering back, one long tentacle trailing behind him-- and behind it floating a line of deep purple ichor.
[break][break]
“Good job. Trade out with Inari. Restrain the commander but don’t hurt him.”
[break][break]
Phage burbles the affirmative and floats round to the front of the Blastoise, who turns her shell to the Duosion and the rampaging Head Ranger. Phage keeps Lars at bay with protect.
[break][break]
Fox pulls Inari’s arm towards him, squeezing the limb to get a vein to pop. “I’m going to use you to make an antivenom,” he explained, quickly, and quietly, manipulating the severed tentacle to reveal the tiny hypodermic needle hidden within. “You shouldn’t feel much. But your antibodies will help Lars fight the-- the venom.”
[break][break]
He slid the needle into Inari’s vein, squeezing the tentacle to get it to pump, then tossing it aside and covering the venipuncture.

[break][break]

NOTES

- using his science expertise to make antivenom!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]