thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 12:23:12 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah? okay, it's settled, then."[break][break]

he is a man of his word, if anything. spending more time with her sounds really nice and fallarbor would be a good getaway spot for him to try and relax. who knows? if he grows to like it enough maybe he'll even consider moving there.[break][break]

but that seems so far away.[break][break]

"i'll try. i sure as hell wasn't interested in flowers when i was his age but i'll see what i can do."

maybe the cool cuts and bruises on his face would add to his chances.[break][break]

"you should bring him over to lilycove sometime. we can visit the pier and the beach."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shedinja"]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 2:25:33 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"no?" she inquires, smile dimpling her cheeks, most of which is still hidden by her homemade mask. "what did spark your interest there? outside my family and a friend of mine in petalburg, i haven't met anyone who knows about it."

when she was little, she didn't even know it was a real thing. part of the charm - a small, inconsequential part of it - disappeared when her mother told her its history. her father's magic and his whimsy still stayed, though, and he told her it just meant there was more to share. 

what use is a language if not to share joy with loved ones?

"he loves the beach, actually." she chuckles. "but maybe when it warms up again."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 9:52:16 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

this time, he does not stray away from the topic of his past.[break][break]

"it was ava, actually. she loved flowers so i did my research, read everything i could find just so i could impress her."[break][break]

he can't remember the last time he said her name but it never occurs to him how willow might not know who he's talking about. she'll catch on, hopefully.[break][break]

"it was one of the first things we bonded over."

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 23:46:35 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

willow's heart aches for him at his mention of ava. she had a feeling it may have been the case and maybe she shouldn't have said anything, but remembering fond memories of loved ones is a way to keep them alive. she knows as much with her father. 

"that's sweet," she says, still swaying. "my dad taught me, but not until we moved to fallarbor. he changed a lot when we did. he was happier, getting out of the city.

"i think that's why i can't fathom ever leaving."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 12:21:05 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i get that."[break][break]

to both her points of being happier out of the city and also why she can't fathom ever leaving. fallarbor may be boring even to him but it's quaint, peaceful, and comfortable. it reminds him of twinleaf.[break][break]

maybe that's why the next thing he says comes out easier than usual.[break][break]

"i could move there, you know. eventually. i know we haven't talked about it but i just wanted to put it out there."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 17:53:21 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

the subtle rhythm they'd been following somehow gets away from her when he says that. she missteps, nearly stepping on his toes, but recovers just as swiftly. her arms come up over his so that he might not be able to give them some distance, to read what he can of her face under her mask. 

"sorry, i just wasn't expecting that." but eventually it would come to this. eventually one of them had to make the move. it's the natural order of things. 

and by all accounts, they're serious. their dates, when they have them, are always lovely. even though roman hasn't been as warm to him as she'd like, they've gotten along well enough. 

"we'll talk about it," she promises, but the not here and not now are spoken in the silence. 
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 9:05:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he would've stepped away to give them some distance if she had not swiftly recovered. he's held in her arms, locked in this dance left to wonder what exactly to think of it all.[break][break]

perhaps it had been wrong of him to suggest such a thing even if it is their next logical move. they are serious, aren't they? somewhere in the deepest parts of his mind, doubt starts to form.[break][break]

"okay."[break][break]

they'll talk about it later. just not here and not now.[break][break]

eventually, the song comes to an end, and so too does their dance.[break][break]

with his gaze still on her, he leans down to kiss her just above the top of her mask.[break][break]

"thank you for the dance."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 4:54:49 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

okay. it's not enthusiastic. the air between the two of them is so stale and dry she might choke. it's her own doing and she knows it and she doesn't know how to make it better. (tell him she wants it, react with a bright smile, all dimples, and say absolutely.) but why is her heart so heavy? 

well, to be fair, she did just witness him punch the shit out of boruta. and vice versa. it hasn't exactly left her feeling chipper. 

but they've salvaged what they can of the night. all they can do is take it one step at a time at this point. and he has to understand that, right? that's where these feelings of hers are coming from.

"the pleasure was all mine," she says with a small smile. and then, because she feels she has to make up for something, she reaches up to grab his jaw to make sure he can't pull away. 

she's careful to not bump him with her mask, tilts her chin back and folds her lips over his. her fingers fist in his shirt. 
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 15:55:15 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

in his defense, boruta punched first. but that's in the past now despite having happened within an hour ago. the cuts from the punches don't sting as badly anymore, though, and that's mostly because of her.[break][break]

even if she's careful, he bumps into her mask anyways, chuckling softly as he lets the awkwardness pass. he returns the kiss, then pulls away a moment later feeling both warm and cold at the same time.[break][break]

he attributes it to being outside.[break][break]

"do you have any other plans for the night? i was thinking we could grab something to eat after this. i know you don't get down to slateport much so i was hoping to take you somewhere nice."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
celosia [masque]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 8:30:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: