part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
‹ crossing the line › [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 10:57:17 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
"is it so wrong to have mother like your arcanine so much?"[break]
for various reasons, yes, it was.[break]
another thing was that goobly seemed to also like the arcanine so the majestic dog seemed to have its pick of the two. the houndoom named it seemed to take offense to such, having seen mother as its partner for much time to come. this made mother turn her focus to the new houndoom, deciding to be faithful despite the obvious attraction to the fellow fire type. goobly was assertive in its approach, always trying to ride upon the arcanine as if it were its upgrade from its usual houndour steed. of course, the arcanine would just buck and toss the ditto off easily - lorelei looking the other way since she had no reason to meddle in pokemon affairs.[break]
"it seems there is more than one one-sided attraction here," lorelei admitted. she wasn't shy to say that she found roman attractive. he was dangerously so to her, oftentimes lending himself to be a weakness for the otherwise hardened business woman. should anyone be held captive at gunpoint, she'd blow their brain out herself. cato, rhugone, esmee, or anyone could get it. roman, however? that was off limits. that was her territory to play with as she pleased.[break]
"regardless, i didn't call you here to discuss how goobly keeps whining to me about how it wants your arcanine to be its already. i came here to let you know about the next mission we have to prepare for." a tall glass of blood-red wine ominously swirled in her glass as she tipped it into her hand, holding it aloft as she spoke. "we won't be alone for it, so i think we should consider how to best go about things before we may make a poor face in front of company."[break]
⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@romanl

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT MISSION
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 21:21:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"That spit out wad of chewing gum can, quite frankly, go fuck itself."

Roman's relationship with Lorelei's ditto was a complicated one, to say the least. (Well, not necessarily, he just hated the obnoxious thing.) When Arcanine bucked and sent it flying, it always managed to get a genuine laugh from the otherwise miserable man. Though he'd seen the way the female Houndoom looked upon his Arcanine and felt a sense of pity for the creature. To love someone else when ironically being stuck in an unwanted relationship was something he felt to be quite relatable as his good eye flicked to look at Lorelei, then back at the Houndoom she called Mother.

"I'm not interested in any missions with anyone quite frankly. I'll work alone or begrudingly work at your side."

His answer was short and simple, and it seemed laughable that her favorite dog even so much thought he had a say in the matter. The company was nothing to him, so it's not like he had even a small sense of obligation to show for the matter. What's the worst that could happen? Another live dissection? He'd survived the first one begrudgingly, he'd survive another. (In hindsight, maybe he should have just let Lorelei put that parasite into his brain so he could let it eat away at any sense of consciousness he may have had in the present.)

Though one idea did come to mind as he spoke to her in a gruff manner. "If you allow me to bow out from this mission, I'll sweeten the deal for you and not only let Mother and Goobly play with Arcanine all they desire, but I'll even join you for a date. It's a win-win for you, you don't have to listen to Goobly complain about wanting a new steed, nor do you have to worry about me saying too much when we attend this mission."

The Arcanine halted and looked bewildered for a moment that he was being offered up as a bargaining token.

close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
CO-FOUNDER OF VELVET ROOM
I LIKE MEN ON THEIR KNEES PRAYING UP TO THEIR GOD, SEEING VISIONS OF ME
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 3:20:57 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
"utterly heartless."[break]
lorelei focused almost sympathetically on the arcanine that stood agape, shocked at this betrayal. truly, the fire-haired woman was too. [break]
"so you intend for me to be alone for this mission, then?" she asked, pondering the offer. while others may ask what the catch was, it was obvious that there wasn't any since the brunette had nothing in his power to even catch lorelei with. this was a bargain. it was so much of a bargain that lorelei couldn't quite understand roman's reasoning. it wasn't like the mission was a hard one, but she supposed it would be too kind of her to explain that and try to make him realize what he was saying.[break]
"very well." accepting the offer, she nodded on it. "this mission will be postponed, given the lack of individuals taking it on." a smirk started to crawl onto her features, her head canting to the side as she curled up towards roman with an expectant stare. "you must give me a date for all of these terms to be finished. i expect them to be toot suite, given how quickly i've come to accept these terms." as if to threaten roman, she held up her rotom phone in one hand to check her calendar. her eyes didn't give away any sense of unease as she went through the various paragraphs of text denoting her heavy schedule. "if you can't come up with an answer for me swiftly, i will have to let our partners know we're still up for the plans ahead of us today." [break]
with a breath and a look up from her phone, she couldn't help but sneer out a laugh. "furthermore, you should know goobly would fuck itself if it could. you almost make it sound like you're coming to his wavelength. you two have been spending more time together. has he made you soft to him yet?"[break]

@romanl

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 2:45:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Fine. Anytime today given that it seems you have the time to humor me at this very moment."

A simple offer, really. But as he eyed his Arcanine, he motioned for it to go spend time with Mother. The pokemon seemed to hesitate, as the last time he'd spent with mother, she'd practically shattered his hind leg. The injury had been healed, sure, but the pain still felt fresh in his mind. But ever the loyal dog, he listened to his trainer and approached the Houndoom pair. The male of the pair seemed more than jealous that an opposing type had dared to tread upon his territory, but the Arcanine bared his teeth, ready to strike. Roman then proceeded to shout at the two.

"Both of you. At ease."

The Arcanine backed down at his trainer's command, but It didn't seem to keen on listening. Which was no surprise. He wasn't the Houndoom's trainer. But it wasn't long before he felt the familiar blob of slime begin to crawl its way up his shoulder. Speak of the devil, and it shall appear. Upon his shoulder sat Goobly as though Lorelei had conjured Bloody Mary herself. Both he and the Ditto seemed to share an expression of disgust that they'd grown fonder of one another. Was that the case? Given how it willingly crawled up Roman's shoulder and how Roman had yet to push it off, it seemed it was. But the two vehemently denied such.

"Hardly. That creature and I couldn't be more opposed."

Roman folded his arms as Goobly readjusted itself accordingly. Whenever Lorelei decided their date would start, he was willing to go. Missions hardly interested him, but it seemed she always wished to drag him along.

close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 23:31:48 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
"mm. i wonder how good the offer of your arcanine was to goobly, seeing as he's found a new favorite mount." this was said unblinkingly at the fact that her pink blob had situated itself onto roman without being commanded to. what was more shocking was that roman seemed to accept this arrangement.[break]
how interesting.[break]
a devilish and warped grin crawled onto lorelei's countenance, her bloody eyes swirling in her skull as she raised a clawed finger over her nose - her fingers forming a curtain over her lower face to hide the amusement quite plainly on it. "as for you, silence." this order was hissed through grit teeth at the houndoom she didn't even care to face. 'it' gave out a soft whine and backed away at this, knowing very well this was a sign of malice from its trainer. having been one of the newer recruits, he didn't have the same fondness as someone like roman's arcanine had gotten from lorelei - even if he was her own pokemon. "you two, spend some time together. it seems we're all in agreement today will be spent strengthening our bonds as a team." this was said with professionalism - an attempt to hide her eagerness and excitement regarding a real date between herself and roman. he passed the baton to her, however, which almost got her rolling her eyes since she had told him to come up with an idea himself.[break]
"i have been making finishing touches to the main building of my new branch operation." with this, she held out a hand for roman to take. "if you would be so kind as to drive us both there, i would be more than glad to show you around. there are multiple entertainment faculties within and around the building, so we can find something to do. afterwards, i ..." she paused, almost ready to back down but she wasn't one to ever do so in any manner, "i'll cook us something after we head back. in the interim, we can find a cafe or restaurant to eat before we starve ourselves to death." this plan was made and said, lorelei already looking at her watch as if to guesstimate how much time this would all take.[break]
somehow, it seemed she could and would always squeeze roman into her schedule - regardless of what it may be. it was a surprise he never quite questioned it, though perhaps he simply didn't give a damn.[break]
"with that said, here are the keys." an expensive key stood out among a large keychain that lacked anything but maybe a tag or two. it was empty because - as they say - the more important you are, the less keys you have, and lorelei was no exception to the rule. "mother and arcanine will ride in the back. goobly can ... join you, if you see so fit." returning 'it' to his pokeball, lorelei offered a faint but calm smile. "shall we?"
[break]

@romanl

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 20:59:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Roman could only nod to her plans. She was a much better planner than he was. He hit the button on the key fob and unlocked the doors, then opened the back doors for both canine like dogs to enter. The way they crawled in one at a time and seemed to lay with one another seemed almost cozy. Perhaps the two had become more acquainted with one another a bit too much. That much had been evident in the little Houndour and Growlithe whom had suddenly made their ways out of the woodworks. Roman looked away and scoffed to himself. Perhaps his team was growing too soft -- he was growing too soft.

Once the dogs were secure, he moved to the passenger side and opened the door for Lorelei. She'd have his head otherwise if he didn't do that much. Once she was in the car, he shut the door and took the driver's seat. All the while, Goobly continued to make its perch upon Roman's shoulder. Perhaps she'd be upset that he went against her orders, but Roman figured it would be better this way. This was supposed to be a team building exercise, so why not do it in the comfort of their own home? Roman started the car, adjusted the air conditioning, and started the journey.

"We can tour the building another time. If we're looking for team bonding, it's best to start with something more intimate," he insisted. "I figure we can go home and start working on dinner together."

Perhaps that was the first time he'd addressed it as simply home. He often referred to it as 'Lorelei's apartment' given he had no right to it. But she insisted that her home was his home. Mm, perhaps he was growing soft. Roman cautiously reached a hand out and placed it on top of Lorelei's. While his hand seemed stiff, it was a start at the very least. From the rear view mirror, he saw the way the two dogs playfully nipped at one another. Just weeks before, they had been beating one another to a bloody pulp, now they seemed inseparable. Ironically Goobly and Roman were the same.

"We'll leave work in the car until after dinner. From there, we can discuss our trip to the Kanto region for business. Does that sound fair to you? We can't focus on team building if we've got work on our minds."

It wasn't long until he pulled the car into the parking garage and then killed the engine. He was first to step out, then opened the passenger door for Lorelei, then allowed the dogs out. Once everyone was assembled, he took the lead to their shared apartment. The elevator ride to the top floor seemed longer than he anticipated, but he didn't go out of his way to make it awkward. Roman reached the apartment first and unlocked the door for their small ensemble, then followed close behind as he closed and locked the door.

He and Goobly went to the sink to wash their hands (or in Goobly's case, its stubs.) After which, Roman searched through the fridge for some ingredients. Since things were a bit more at peace among the two, he went out of his way to make sure the apartment was properly stocked. Lorelei often seemed too busy to worry about such trivial matters. Once he gathered what he needed, he took a few snap peas and fed them to both Arcanine and Mother. The fire dogs seemed thrilled with their new treats. Goobly however didn't seem interested. Roman turned his attention to the vegetables he'd brought out and then turned to Lorelei.

"We're just going to make a simple stew if that works for you. My dad taught me how to make it. If you wouldn't mind, take the meat and begin to cut it into thin strips, then grab some beef broth, oregano, thyme, basil, and olive oil from the cupboards and start mixing them into this pot."

Roman took a pot out from one of the cupboards above the stove and placed it near Lorelei. His focus fell on peeling some of the vegetables and slicing them up, but he did stop just a moment to help Lorelei hold the knife a bit properly once she was ready to cut. To anyone else, it seemed like an intimate gesture with him standing behind her as he helped guide the knife to show her the proper width he wanted her to slice the beef. For a moment, he seemed at peace, but soon pulled away and gave an awkward cough.

"Apologies, I shouldn't be touching you without your permission."

close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 6:49:35 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
"it's not like you to take initiative like this." truly, lorelei wasn't good at the idea of 'not looking a gift horse in the mouth.' she spoke what came to mind in times of shock like this, her objective observation perhaps seeming like a sideways comment. attempting to quickly remedy the situation, she almost pouted. "work and team building can be intertwined ..." almost like a kid kicking a small pebble around, she gave a small push of her foot in the car and looked down at it - almost as if disappointed by her own failure to understand basic social norms. not everyone wanted to work 90 hour work weeks. not everyone was her and that was okay. it couldn't always be her way or the highway, though ... really, it could be if she so wanted it. roman was special to her and so she had no choice but to give up liberty of choice for the even exchange of mystique and fun he could bring to their relationship. [break]
after all, his lack of disappointment and distaste was almost like a smile on his face - bringing one to lorelei's own. even if it was just for a moment in secret.[break]
"i'm starting to think you look good in blue," the mogul chimed in upon seeing goobly and roman still inseparable, almost laughing if it wasn't literally physically impossible for her to do so out of joy. things had changed quickly in their combined life, but there was still a long way for someone like her to learn how to let loose and just enjoy an arguably normal day. normal for her was two pots of black coffee and last minute flights across the continent for business to meet with misogynistic clients.[break]
"also i'm starting to think mother is looking more domestic by the day." indeed, the houndoom was. sensing the judgement from her trainer, she recoiled and almost started growling and shaking to seem intimidating but lorelei held a hand out to stop her before anything started. if she was going to allow such a scene to play out, it was unfair to not allow her long-time pokemon partner the same privilege. [break]
"i think they suit each other." [break]
as quickly as this was said, lorelei's neck snapped at an incredible speed to look away from the fire dog duo and towards roman once more. "excuse me?" his instructions were clear, but lorelei was no chef. all her food was made by others or handed to her by deliverymen. such was the life of someone with too much money on their hands and no enjoyment when it came to eating. either dishes were for nutrition or skipped entirely in favor of working and too much coffee suppressing her appetite. it was only the constant chansey healing infusions that kept her as strong as she was.[break]
"smoliv ..." lorelei trailed off, trying to find the last ingredient listed - the olive oil. by some grace of god, she had managed to get everything in line. stew was indeed an easy enough dish, but the last thing she had managed to cook without difficulty was an egg with toast. already fretting on whether she had to find a smoliv to crush to make the olive oil, she didn't quite understand the fact that the oil was already in the container until she turned it upside down and saw it pouring out. feeling like a caveman with this surface level knowledge, lorelei almost ran a hand along her face when she decided to have patience and started following the basic instructions.[break]
-- then a large hand fell upon her own, shocking her out of her focus.[break]
by reflex, lorelei slapped roman's hand away.[break]
it wasn't an act of malice or distrust. it was a reflex brought on by one too many touchy clients and years of being in an abusive relationship with a man who had tried to kill her. roman's touches were always rough and hard which made it easy to decipher his own pulls and tugs at her from anything that would trigger such memories, but this was different.[break]
this was too alike to what she had come to hate.[break]
"oh, apologies." their robotic way of apologizing was familiar to lorelei. it felt normal to her, although weird to any outside witness. embarrassed by her action, she reached out a hand to him and smoothly went to remedy the situation. the knife was held aloft, allowing him access to her wrist to help her understand what he wanted through demonstration. "you have permission." her gaze was on his own, commanding as she was used to but the meaning was much gentler - a suggestion as opposed to a demand. it was an olive branch held out by someone who barely understood olive oil's purpose.
[break]

@romanl