snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 18:25:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's been some time since she's seen the very woman she requests a meeting with. since sootopolis, since the tree, since feebly protecting in the midst of it all.

somehow, the memory feels so far away in the grand scheme of things. they've, perhaps, lived many lifetimes in the shadow of the meteor.

and now that it's come and gone, the pieces are left to pick up. or... scavenge.

she's waiting for freya beneath rustboro, a familiar city for them both. the string made of green hair tethers itself to them more than they know.

and when her golurk rumbles out the alert of an approaching figure, she turns with a smile.

"miss morningstar."

formal, as if she doesn't know if they're on a first name basis.

"thank you for coming."

behind her, the rift of sea hoenn's dimension looms. it feels different now in a way she can't describe... almost as if it's been broken and left to turn into dust.

"have you been well?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 19:47:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she does not know whether she will find friend or foe in illeana reyes. the last they had come together, it had been in the name and service of . but before that, a lifetime ago, she stood by a better man. a better person than the two of them. 

this is what draws her out of her self-inflicted exile. the other shoe has yet to drop and paranoia still haunts her every step, the purple under her eyes. her gaze drifts around them and then settles back on illeana when formalities threaten an even larger wedge between the two of them. 

"illeana," she says in return, hopefully breaking the ice. her wry smile is tired. "i have not, but that's of little consequence. our world is coming apart at the seams."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 4:43:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the smile grows warmer, more personal with the utterance of her name.

"our world may be coming apart at the seams, but you're still an important part of this world."

a beat passes, lingering in place a moment too long.

"may i help you?"

she offers a hand, then, and pink tendrils of healing mist begin to form. it's similar, perhaps, to the previous ability of but different in the way it ushers in a sense of mending, not addiction.

"it's not much, truthfully, but it could provide your body some relief should you want it."

she is not certain what ails freya, but her intent is clear: assistance in the only way she knows how.

at the very least, it could ease the tension in her bones for a little while.

her voice is quiet when it returns. the rift behind them almost threatens to overtake it.

"i have heard you're formidable in the field. is this true?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 6:25:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

one brow raises. is she important? it's been months since she's lost her home, her namesake, and not once has she attempted to lift a finger and take it back. the god that had once saved her spurned her in lieu of another. the man she'd suctioned herself to out of desperation drained her of her humanity and all she could manage for closure was a paltry apology. 

she flinches back instinctually when the mist swirls out from illeana's frame. the back of her throat swells at the memory of nature's madness, of her fragmented self. 

the craving is near nonexistent, but there are still echoes, trickles, every now and then. 

her gaze lifts back up as she crosses her arms, denying illeana's offering.

"i am," she says. "i shared my experience in kyurem's realm with ." months of wandering, of surviving on her own, with the beast baying at her back. 

she smiles. "and you remember the tree." she still bears the gnarled, twisted scars from 's gunshots. 

*please note the internal dialogue freya exhibits does not reflect ooc/crow's thoughts
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 22:37:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the denial is, perhaps, unexpected for the scientist. she is not used to the motion, not in the way she should be. it's instinctual to try healing, mending, fixing.

and yet, it is easy to overlook the crossing of boundaries with a swell of mist.

she ceases the healing mist with a wave of the hand. pink tendrils float for a moment before slipping into an early death. they fade as if never having lived at all.

"i do."

she remembers the chaos of it all. the primal look on freya's face. being hunted like rats in a basement. the cacophony of gunshots. it feels so close yet so far away now. nothing more than a distant memory, a conversational piece.

"would you like to be back in the field?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 22:46:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the mist snaps back and disappears and as soon as it's gone, her shoulders relax. the tension leaves her palms and her gaze is more focused, less fidgety. shame coils, hot and heavy in her belly, and her lips part in a grimaced snarl. 

this expression twitches and eyes flash - something animal, leftover from fernando's meddling and her upside-down year thereafter. 

"i don't think i belong anywhere else," she says simply. "but tell me - do you still believe in him? in 's greater good?"
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 23:54:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a hum of satisfaction draws out slowly, coerced from the body with a simple answer.

its existence is short-lived.

"in him?"

her tone seems to morph in the rift's crackling light. it grows tighter, constricted, reigned in. her expression settles into neutrality as best it can, but there are always cracks in a glued together doll.

she debates honesty or duplicity in a sort of frenzied quickness of the mind.

"not anymore."

honesty doesn't linger for long. it's deflected back with a slight of hand.

"do you?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 3:04:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the answer is more than satisfactory, but words are nothing. it's her facial expression, that same pained animal tormented by their shared hand. for a brief moment they share a kinship and then it passes, leaving them standing on the edge of worlds. 

"no," she says flatly. "i don't believe in much of anything these days." 

she doesn't question if illeana had seen matias' report of their convergence in littleroot - her attempt on his life beside . lines are blurred and hoenn's civilization is devolving. 

"but i want to know what's out there." she nods towards the rift, towards the proverbial elsewhere
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 4:55:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in a way, she doesn't blame freya. a lack of belief is, perhaps, better than putting too much faith in someone or something. it's safer, free of the agony that binds them together.

"would you believe again if given the chance?"

she's uncertain of the concept herself, but there's too much around them now to not find a salvation in something. and while she doesn't know much about the attempt on 's life, it wouldn't make a difference to her anyway.

freya touches on the scientist's intention without much prompting. it's baited in a way, dangling on a string behind them. and yet, she leans into the curiosity naturally enough for illeana to dig her claws in.

"you can."

her smile is small. it shows mild teeth.

"are you willing to gather information of what the worlds hold?"

the for me as quiet as it is loud, one foot in each existence.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 1:27:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"no," she says, voice firm. it's an admittance given with finality. she has lived and loved for others for as long as she can remember, believing in those she's either lost or who've let her down. a body of scars, a soul scorched, but she is not the sputtering embers, remnant coals, she once was. 

this is an emptiness by choice. 

"i will plunge into these other worlds per your instruction, but i am through with pledges and oaths." she splays her hands. "that's my offer."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 3:09:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she wonders, for a moment, if freya's choice is the better option. safer, free. in a way, she suspects it could be.

"i would never demand you pledge yourself to my cause, freya."

of that, she is certain.

"all i would ask of you is to stay safe and bring what you find to me."

it's an exchange in simple terms: exploration and discovery for information. nothing more, nothing less.

her expression settles into a deadly seriousness. the weight of worlds feels suffocating against her back.

"while you are second to none with your skills, we do not know enough about these rifts to promise a safe journey. i implore you to place your safety above all else beyond the rift openings."

and her tone shifts into a softer sort of tone, more reminiscent of the woman their ghost once knew.

"information is replaceable... you are not."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 4:34:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"no?" she says, this time with a drawl to the question. she does not believe illeana. buttered words set alarms off in the back of her head. muddled discomfort writhes against the jagged edges of shattered trust, drawing blood. emotions, too many to parse through, flit over her face, and she looks away, jaw set. 

illeana's softness exposes plush vulnerability and as she bears her belly, freya steps closer, hand reaching to the collar at her neck. but instead of gracing the pokeball at its center, she tugs a rawhide string, drawing forth the bottled black rayquaza scale hidden under her blouse.

"we are all replaceable, illeana. we have other selves. better selves." the caustic confession is bitten around the edges and her lips twist.

"but that doesn't matter. just tell me where to go."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 4:54:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"no."

she's firm, unwavering in the belief.

other selves are something she refuses to breathe life into. her own is out there... gathering strength, waiting for their fated reunion. and one of them will die when the time come. she hopes -- no, prays -- she will be the self to come out on top.

"yours could be better in your own experiences, perhaps."

she's not privy to freya's experience with her own doppelgangers. the thought of hers, however, bring her back into a skittering crawl. scar tissue threatens to jump off bone, as if hungry for the concept freya brings. and as she turns for a moment to stare at the entrance to her other self's world, the evidence of that fateful day winks at the dragon woman.

"the other me's, though? i would kill them myself if given the opportunity."

she finally bares her own teeth. they're jagged, sharp, as if taken right out of sea!illeana's corpse.

it doesn't matter, though. freya is correct in this assessment. she allows resentment to die out, refocusing on the task at hand.

"you can start where you wish. each rift holds something different... i have yet to receive reports from them all."

actually...

"you were at littleroot, correct? perhaps there might be the best place to start?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 23:30:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there is an altercation there, one that freya cannot see. her own doppelganger was a marvel. her own doppelganger had been worthy. and she had fought tooth and nail to ensure freya could return home - to be scorned, heartbroken, feared. she grits her teeth. 

it would be better, she thinks, if she could hate artemis. but she must live with the burden of knowing that her sacrifice had been in vain. 

"perhaps that's why they feel the same about you," she says. 

"littleroot. yes, i was there for a time. long enough to free dialga." her teeth expose. "and to witness unleash groudon on foe and innocent alike." 

she tucks the rawhide necklace with its scale back under her shirt and smooths her hands over her feathered cowl, thinking. " reached out to me recently to investigate the rift on mt. pyre. we leave within the week.

"i'll tell you what we find. and then i will go to littleroot."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
skaro
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 4:05:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"they do."

she's as certain as her smile is.

"but they'll never be better. i'll make sure of that."

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and who's scorned illeana reyes more than herself?

the information of is, unfortunately, not surprising. she wonders if being hotheaded and impulsive is a trait groudon seeks out. its previous avatar had been no different. she remembers -- briefly -- moments in the field back when she was still doe eyed and coming into the world. the previous champion had been as reckless as matias is now in those moments. some days, she likes to think her ghost lives on through matias now.

perhaps that is why he's become the person he is today.

"i had heard littleroot was a disaster. we have matias and rocket to thank for that, i suppose."

whether she means it is neither here nor there.

a nod comes quickly, overtaking the muscles in the neck.

"i hope the journey is easier for you both."

somehow, she knows... it won't be easy. nothing ever is.

"from what i witnessed on mt pyre that day, the deceased are still all around."

perhaps it'll bring her some comfort where illeana found none.