snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
trenzalore
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 18:49:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]after placing requests for assistance on a special project, illeana finds herself issuing a meeting request with a new face. and where better to hold a summit than atop mt pyre, beneath one of the very rifts that started it all?

there's a slight anxiousness to the way she holds herself. a fidget in the foot, a tremble in the fingers.

did she have the right address for one @aries?

after a few moments, it would seem she did have a correct address for her letter. her golurk rumbles with the presence of another and her body startles to attention.

overhead, the rift ripples with newfound life. if she didn't know better, she'd almost say the souls trapped within were still struggling to get out.

"you're aries, right?"

a beat passes. mild uncertainty clings, ever persistent.

"i hope the trip up wasn't too bad for you."

who knows what lurks in the shadows of mt pyre now, hiding in plain sight yet keeping just out of the peripheral.

@aries

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trenzalore
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 22:12:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aries"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

aries isn't unused to the idea of being requested for something, but she thinks it may be the suddenness of it that has her feeling almost anxious. she knows she shouldn't, reasonably, but the idea of a project alone- especially one involving the rifts- is enough to shake her from anything particuarly reasonable. she could have backed out, and knows she could have, but....it's partially curiosity of her own, too, that has her making the hike up mount pyre.
[break][break]
she's dressed in something not entirely warm, just a jacket, and by the time she's made it up to the summit it rests in a neatly-folded pile in her arms. she notices the golurk, first, and the sight of an unknown pokemon, especially one of that size, has her on guard. but it doesn't make any sudden movements towards her, and in turn gives her enough time to consider the other woman.
[break][break]
ileana doesn't seem like a researcher; at least, not in the way aries would expect, which consists of all glasses and....she doesn't know. a certain energy about them? maybe she needs more researcher friends to shake whatever pre-determined view she has of them.
[break][break]
"that's me. you're ileana?" it goes without saying, but the subject is changed quickly enough that aries doesn't have to worry about the potential embarrassment of asking the obvious. "the trip was fine." torn between being reasonably professional or friendly (and how awkward she'd feel there), aries goes for the easiest thing to her; some attempt at both that, as soon as she speaks, only comes off as twice as awkward as either option alone would have been.

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".aries"]--accent:#7db598;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
trenzalore
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 4:08:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes, that would be me."

a name is just a name, though, just as an occupation is simply that. she exists in this setting as nothing more than a name and title. her personality is unsuspecting, lingering faintly in the background like the perfume of a woman already gone.

"are you familiar with this place at all?"

awkwardness does not deter her. there's a job to be done and she'll see it through... no matter the cost.

and for aries, it means small talk first with an underlying urgency to it all.

illeana sifts for information with each question until something catches in her teeth. she spares a glance toward the rippling rift to beyond before refocusing her stare onto aries.

"or, perhaps, the rift it now has?"

@aries

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights