snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 6:43:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's been days.

and all he's received is radio silence.

his gallade still lingers around. awkward, existing in her shadow yet not a ghost. she doesn't have the heart to banish it, either.

they've managed to work out some semblance of co-existence as the days continue to crawl on by. she works. he watches. she talks. he still watches. and when she gets so frustrated she cries, he places a hand on her head in a way that's so felix. it spurs more tears each time.

any messages he's sent have been left unanswered, unread. they sit and gather dust in her phone out of bitter spite.

and when silence becomes too much, she expects he'll show.

he picks a time when she's left the door unlocked. the sound of dishes being washed can be heard from the kitchen when he arrives.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 6:05:44 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
It'd been days.

Since their last encounter along that cold metal bridge, Felix hadn't been able to sleep. Every message he'd sent had been left open and unanswered, every call left unanswered -- he had even considered visiting her at HeadQuarters, but knew better than to test the waters there. Alas, after a week's worth of waiting, the man couldn't take much more.

He had to see her.

He had to hear her voice.

Even if it was no more than anger spite spat back at him, Felix would've taken it in stride compared to the radio silence he'd been receiving.

And so, without any attempt to announce himself, the Rocket admin made plans to visit one quiet afternoon. With a bundle of flowers in his hand (courtesy of ), he knocked on the door.

No answer.

He knocked again.

No answer.

Finally, left without a choice, he reached for the door handle and gave it a firm twist open.

"Illeana?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 6:32:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her name echoes from the door. her hands still and the dish in her grasp trembles.

”in here.”

it floats over from the kitchen.

his gallade stands a few feet behind her, awkward as it observes.

and when he comes into the room, she doesn’t expect to see a bundle of flowers clutched in one hand. she wants to smile at the sight of him. her lips even begin to quirk upward in that pre-warmth sort of way. and when they quiver, settle back into irritation, and the warmth fades from her eyes, it feels wrong in a way that’s gutting.

”what, not gonna attack me again?”

she’s seen this in movies before. the scorned woman and the apologetic boyfriend. the flowers even match, she thinks. they’re beautiful. even in her anger, she cannot deny he’s trying.

somehow… it only hurts more.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 10:32:54 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
There were many things Felix didn't know about himself. Emotions that were too difficult to capture with words or thoughts. But, if there was one thing he could confirm with ease, it'd be the pain throbbing across his chest at the sight of his Illeana, caught behind the kitchen, with an expression so twisted it left him feeling more vulnerable than ever before.

Taking a step forward, he softly laid the bundle of flowers onto her emptied dining room table. Set aside for later, perhaps, or maybe to be a memory of their conversation after his departure.

"I'm sorry."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 15:51:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she can’t help the escaping scoff.

”for what?”

her eyes narrow in accusation.

”lying? or is it for trying to hurt us?”

and herself… they had both been blind the entire trip through that damn mechanical kingdom.

and yet, her anger doesn’t stem from there. not fully, anyway. it’s taken on a mind of its own as every instance of her and him and their relationship is called into question.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 1:27:22 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"For lying."

Painful, pointed truths were spelled out in a way that was uniquely Felix. They told of the truths behind his apology; that he was apologetic of the situation he put them under, not of his actions during the time it took place.

Heavy footsteps carry him closer to her, though, he makes sure to keep some level of distance between them. If he'd learned anything, it'd be the importance of space. Breathing room.

"It wasn't supposed to go that way."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 1:35:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he hands her the knife.

and she wields it in a way that's hurtful for them both.

"how was it supposed to go, then?"

she chooses to ignore the way her voice breaks apart on syllables, on how emotion wants to suffocate her. he steps closer and she hates her body for bracing itself. tense, a string ready to snap.

"were you just going to keep fucking lying to me?"

her grip on the plate threatens to shatter it. good, she thinks in a faint sort of way. let it shatter before she musters enough rage to throw it at his head.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 2:56:51 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"i--"

Yes, the answer was yes.

But, for once, he knew better than to inject the truth into their alright stringent conversation. So he swallowed the truth back down like the malignant pill it'd been these past six months.

"I never meant to hurt you."

Avoidant words dodged the precise blades behind her words. Again and again, he'd look to evade her blade, until one of them faltered to the other's strength.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 3:04:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"bullshit."

she practically spits it at him. the plate falls into the sink and she ignores the horrid sound porcelain makes against stainless steel.

"was it all a lie, felix?"

him. them. those three little words.

and despite the magnitude of her anger, she still feels so small asking this of him. weak. vulnerable. breaking apart at seams she can't repair fast enough. one wrong word on a trigger would threaten it all and perhaps, in some miniscule sort of way, it's her own fault.

her voice is softer when it returns. small, barely there.

"did it mean anything at all?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 3:48:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Of course it meant something," He trembled, hurt pouring into his eyes. "That-- that part was never a lie. Not once."

While his face remained placid and unwavering, the roll of his growl threatened to break. Never had it felt so burdensome to keep his emotions at bay.

Fingers curling around the counter's corner, the man anchored himself to the furniture.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 4:05:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she scrutinizes him. stares and stares, waiting for a hint of a lie.

and when she finds nothing but hurt, she's inclined to believe him.

despite anger, she still shrinks into herself. retreating, as if any half-built walls had ever kept him out in the first place. somewhere in the process, she registers tears springing into newfound life and spilling over no matter how stubbornly she tries to keep them unseen.

"then how could you do this?"

it doesn't make sense. if he loves her, why would he hurt her? why would he hide so much?

her mind screams for distrust. for her to open her eyes. for her to never believe in shared confessions spoken in dark corridors.

and she looks distressed, seconds away from crumbling into dust.

"how am i supposed to believe it hasn't all been a lie now?"

the unspoken part feels deadly: how am i supposed to trust you?

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 5:13:43 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Time ceased to exist. All he could hear was the tremble of her voice; all he could see was her shrinking shoulders; the way her world was caving in, all because of his choice. His decision to allow their relationship to grow, despite the reality distancing them apart.

"Just...just let me explain myself."

He stepped forward, toppling the walls that shielded her from him. Even if she wanted to hide and cower away, he wouldn't just go away. Not without a chance of explaining himself. To correct his wrongs.

"Please."

Carefully, he reached his hand outward to her. A lifeline to which to possibly bind them back together.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 5:29:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i--"

she can't finish the sentence.

his hand reaches for her and she knows, somewhere along the way, she's done for. it feels like autopilot, fitting her hand in his.

and she holds too tightly. fear overtakes anger. nails dig into skin until knuckles are white and she's quiet. too quiet, perhaps.

any walls she can build aren't keeping him out. she's tried. failed. and there's no use in trying again.

she feels like an open wound. vulnerable, torn between mending or bleeding.

there's no fight left when she finally peels back layers. whatever rage she had is quickly dissipating into possible heartbreak.

"okay."

she avoids looking at him. somehow, her eyes drift to the bundle of flowers waiting on her table. tracing their petals, committing them to memory by pressing them into preservation.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 16:47:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
So small and delicate, her hand naturally fit into his, like a pearl entrusting it's safety inside the maw of a clam. Softly, he looked to pull Illeana into a hug. That way, he'd be able to secure her back with his other arm and have her head nestle itself against his chest, as they've done before, abeit under different circumstances.

Regardless, he'd continue onward with his explaination. She deserved that much, at least.

"You remember my father?"He asked the question with a twisted look -- one shadowing a younger, more vulnerable version of himself.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
self sabotage
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 16:57:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he directs her into him. guiding like a lighthouse until with a soft thump, she settles against his chest.

there… she can’t stop the tremors or tears.

she’s quiet against his chest, save for the soft occasional sniffle.

and when he speaks of his father, she tenses.

of course she remembers. how could she forget? her father’s right hand. her father’s beloved friend.

”yes, i do.”

faintly, she begins to understand where this is going. and despite herself, she wishes it wouldn’t.