played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 1:16:34 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The office's of admin were of the mundane variety. Blank walls, emptied desks, uncomfortable chairs. It was the definition of corporate hell. The only defining trait the room had to offer was a single hung-up framed poster of a small sprigatito hanging off from a tree branch. The grass type was struggling, one paw fully hooked around the branch, while the other's claws could barely sink into the rough bark. Above the cat, in big yellow lettering, two words were bolded up in a circular motion around the cat's head: "HANG ON."

"Admin Gallagher, Ms is here to see you," spoke his secretary, her voice crackling over the speakers. She was a new addition to his office -- something and he had been pressured into. "send her in."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 3:41:21 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi entered the office of with a confident, composed demeanor befitting of a newly appointed Head Scientist, Valerian at her heels. She and Felix were technically on equal footing now, but she still had a wealth of respect for the Admin. He had been one of the first Rocket leaders to take notice of her, and she would not be forgetting that any time soon.[break][break]
"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me on such short notice, Admin Gallagher," She said as she approached Felix's desk. Her crimson eyes caught sight of the Hang On poster directly behind him on the wall and her mouth quirked up into a small, amused smile. She did not comment on it.[break][break]
Valerian padded around the desk until he was right next to Felix. The shiny Sylveon took a seat, then stared up at the Admin with unblinking cotton candy eyes. Pet me those eyes demanded.[break][break]
"Rocket's renewed investment in the SPECTRA initiative has caught my attention," She began, wasting no time. "As you are heavily involved in the program, I have a proposal for you." Her smile hardened, and she held out her hands in a gesture of offering.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Nomi's Outfit Inspiration[break]
Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 2:42:16 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix took notice of for a reason. More than her intelligence, the woman held a certain bite to her words. It is what separated her from the others. And it was what Felix who found himself the most interested in.

"Head Scientist ."

Her formal greeting was returned without a second thought. Unlike many, who'd prefer to shed themselves of their title, Felix held an innate preference for it. It was what divided work from reality.

"Congratulations on the position."

Another token of respect and formality. But, alas, there was business to conduct. Leaning forward, his eyes reached up to meet hers. Unfortunately, this meant the Sylveon would have to go without being a pet, but there was a price to every exchange.

"Tell me more."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 20:47:50 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Displeased, Valerian huffed, them circled back around the desk to stand by Nomi. The possibility of ear scratches had just fallen to zero. The expression on his adorable face was akin to a pout.[break][break]
"I have been working on testing a hypothesis," Nomi explained, reaching into the messenger bag draped over her shoulder and pulling out a thick file jam-packed with all of the notes she had ever taken on Tera energy. "I have a theory. The remnants of Meteno's mineral vein - the Tera shards - are capable of temporarily changing a Pokemon's physiology...their typing. I am sure you are, by now, aware of this." Rocket had been testing Tera shards ever since the incident with the meteor. Nomi had been part of the group that had built the first Tera Orbs for the organization, capable of harnessing the unique Tera energy.[break][break]
The pink-haired woman dropped the file onto the desk with a soft thump. She eyed Felix. Her tone might be even - professional - but her eyes flashed with excitement.[break][break]
"The various supernatural energies we have thus far discovered on our planet have all had a distinct effect on all living things, not just Pokémon. Terastallization shows promising signs of following a similar pattern. Therefore, I believe it is possible that human physiology might be able to be altered by the Tera shards too."[break][break]
Did he see the connection yet? The possibilities? S.P.E.C.T.R.A. had been created to fight avatars. To do that, it was best to fight fire with fire. Rocket's avatars against the League's.[break][break]
But what if Rocket could create their own avatars whenever they pleased? Without the boon of a legendary Pokémon?[break][break]
That was her mission.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 1:52:57 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
There was no need to explain the merit of her work. Still, Felix remained quiet on his side of the desk. Tentative eyes stared down at the file she'd presented.

"I see."

If things were as the head scientist pointed out, with this research, they'd be ascended to a level only matched by god himself. To be able to create artificial avatars as they pleased... it went against everything Felix stood for as a man.

"Have you begun to conduct any experiments yet?"

But he was not naive. Even if it were denied by him, another would only move to pick up the mantle. And onwards it'll go, into the hands of another to help control. At least here, with Nomi, he held some level of oversight over it.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 17:10:23 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi nodded. "Yes, my phase 1 trials have kicked off - however," she paused. "I need human test subjects." These experiments were, after all, about human physiology. Continuing to test Tera energy on Pokémon was interesting, but irrelevant to her current hypothesis. It was already well known how Pokémon would react to the Tera shards; humans, on the other hand...[break][break]
"The conundrum I am facing is that any initial experiments on human physiology could...result in injury, if not death. I simply do not know the limitations yet, in terms of how much Tera energy a human body can withstand in order to trigger any lasting changes. There will certainly be a threshold - delicate in nature - in which the human body will be able to be altered and yet undamaged."[break][break]
She had a solution for this, however. It would kill two Pidgey with one stone, in fact.[break][break]
"Eventually, I would like to conduct testing on volunteers within the SPECTRA initiative, as it is our own forces I hope to empower with synthetic avatarship. Prior to that, however, I plan to ask for aid. I have a feeling he will know where to find live test subjects...expendable ones, I mean." Traitors, perhaps. People Rocket would otherwise execute.[break][break]
There was something about Felix's expression that caught Nomi's attention. Apprehension? Did he disapprove of her methods? No...it was something else, something deeper. "You don't agree with this, do you," she murmured, not unkindly. It was not a question, merely an observation. "Or rather...you see it as a necessary evil? The creation of synthetic avatars?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 14:46:50 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Listening intently, he only looked to interject at the conclusion of her explaination.

"Til then," in reference to SPECTRA's upbringing, "I'd also suggest reaching out to , Xerneas' avatar."

Lifebringer. Man of steel. The unpredictable firecracker of rocket.

"His abilities allow him natural healing capabilities far beyond anything you'd ever see. Gives a sort of resilience for human testing."

And, if plans were successful, there was no doubt where the man's loyalties would remain. It made him the perfect guinea pig. At least, if it were her conducting the research, that's how he would see him.

To 's accusations, Felix's expression hardened. There were not many privy to his disinterest in avatars, fewer who knew the extent of his deep-rooted hatred toward their very existence. If 's meeting reminded him of anything, it was just how imperative it was to remain neutral to the eyes of those around him, for his opinion was not one many others held. In fact, it bordered treason in the eyes of those stationed above him.

"You could say that," he shrugged, eyes firmly locked onto hers. "I prefer more controllable means of achieving strength. Avatars, synthetic or not, are far from that."

Just look at .

"But there isn't much a choice to this."

If they didn't reach for this opportunity, their enemies would. Eat or be eaten, as they say.

He paused, considering his next words.

"Don't let that dissuade you. I fully support you and this project."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 15:57:34 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi did not feel as if Felix was being entirely honest with her, but she did not press the issue. Everyone had secrets, and she certainly wasn't going to argue with a man of his station. She took note of his discomfort, however; filed it away for future reference, should it become relevant again. He supported her now, but would he always? She would need to be careful not to upset the delicate balance between them: he wanted to kill League Avatars and she wanted to help him do it by synthetically matching them in power.[break][break]
As long as her project remained fixated on that specific objective, he would allow her free reign, it seemed.[break][break]
"Very well," she finally replied. "I will get in touch with , and move forward with the next phase of trials." She paused, thinking it might be time to move on from the explicit subject of Avatar creation. "Is there anything else you need, for SPECTRA? This is only one approach we can take; as a scientist, I have many resources at my disposal. I am happy to help across many objectives, should that be needed."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 6:13:39 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"good."

a solid end to a rather prickly conversation. with so much at stake, one false step was all it would take to send their efforts toppling downward. far, far, far down it would go, like a coin sinking into the black abyss of a deeply dug well.

to her question, his gaze flicked over to the nearby clock. its ticking hand sounded off the necessary means of retreat.

"next time. i have another meeting to attend."

but before he could leave the room, the admin hovered just long enough to echo off one last sentiment.

"i'll be in touch."

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
BEGINNINGS
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 22:43:33 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: