awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Pokepod Preliminary Trial 2(sw)
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 16:03:32 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar looked upon his second iteration of the Poke Pod Prototype with repressed pride. What was once a mangled mass of metal and electronics was now a streamlined tower with a central chamber and a large lighting structure on top. It did not look perfect, but it would do for now.

Of course he could not have gotten this far alone, provided the insight required to see through the fog of uncertainty and break through the wall that prevented Oscar from progressing. He wished she could have been here, but a woman of her talents had a tight schedule. Oh well, he would be sure to send her the experiment report. Before he got started though, Oscar felt he deserved a moment to just drink in his success.

Alright the moment's passed, which lucky Pokemon got to be the first subject?
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 4:54:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MILCERY APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] AROMA VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AROMATHERAPY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET SCENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 17:42:12 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar carefully pulled the Milcery from its cage and put it inside the pokepod chamber. With the subject locked in, Oscar strode to his control panel (now fortified with tempered glass). In one motion he would pick up his recorder, raise it to his mouth, and tuen it on to begin his notes.

"Pokepod preliminary trial two, testing of the Pokepod three point oh. Experiment conducted by agent skull. Date? Don't matter. Time? Don't matter. Place? Up yours. After a turbulent development period I think I finally have a working rendition of the pokepod. The extractors have been heavily altered to allow a more control suction. Metal blades have been installed to act as a sort of filtration system. If everything is installed correctly, which it fucking should be, they should arrange themselves based on how I turn the control dial. Speaking of..."

Oscar took a moment to catch his breath, sitting down in the swivel chair he stole from 's office (I mean, he never uses it). He began the start up process for the pokepod, continuing his notes as the machine warmed up. "Subject is a Milcery of good health and average size. My aim for today's first trial is to make sure the minimum and maximum settings work. From there I can find the happy medium I desire. Anyway, cross your fingers."

Oscar ended the recording and flipped a toggle next to the dial. The machine suddenly became quite loud, making a racket that resembled a giant vacuum. The Milcery, knocked out up until now, awoke with a panic. Oscar paid its distress no mind, instead turning his control dial to the number 1--the lowest setting.

Nothing seemed to be happening, but the energy reader on his console did show very slight activity. The extractors were pulling a minimum amount of Infinity Energy, though not enough to be noticable by the Milcery or light up the large bulb at the top of the machine. In other words, it was working as intended. Oscar smirked before taking a deep breath and turning the dial to the number 10--the highest setting.

The machine roared, creating a hellish cacophony worthy of its dramatic power. The Milcery in the pop let out a brief shriek before drying up entirely, falling to the floor and bursting into milky dust. The readings on Oscar's console were massive, and the bulb was glowing unnaturally bright. After a few seconds had passed the bulb would dim, the Infinity Energy all used up. At this point Oscar would turn down the machine and record his thoughts.

"Experiment was successful. Both the minimum and maximum settings do what they're supposed to. I find it important to note that the Infinity Energy taken from the maximum setting's pull was incredibly powerful, but only lasted briefly. While my goal is to find a way to use pokemon as a prolonged source of energy, this reaction may be useful in the future. Anyway, on to the second test. Subject is a..."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 5:50:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NINJASK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SPEED BOOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BITE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 19:03:31 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"...a Ninjask of good health and above average size. The sheen of its exoskeleton tells me that it is fairly young, hasn't had time to scratch it up yet. This is good, I prefer a younger specimen for this next experiment." Oscar paused the recording to put the sleeping Ninjask within the machine's chamber before turning his attention to what seemed to be an old Poke-Center machine nearby. It was not fully connected yet, but Oscar would quickly finish welding in the core wires within a matter of minutes. Once he was done, he would place a pokeball into one of the healing slots and return to his station.

He resumed recording. "Subject B is my own Drampa, which I have affectionately nicknamed 'Old Man River'. A recent physical examination has aged River about seventy years, and it shows. What few joints he has are nearly locked, causing him to move extremely slowly. His skin has turned a dark green and sags. In Layman's terms, he's really fuckin' old. The idea of this experiment came during one of my healing treatments with . Not so much from him healing me, but rather from his fatigue from trying to revive the now disintegrated husk of the tree of life. Because of his status as the Avatar of Xerneas, he has the power to use his own natural Infinity Energy to heal others. My question is, can this be done forcibly? Can the Infinity Energy of a living creature be used to revitalize a dying one? We shall see."

Oscar ended his recording and turned the control dial to seven. The pokepod once again roared to life, not as loudly as when the dial was turned to ten but still roaring nevertheless. The Ninjask was awoken as its Infinity Energy was sapped from its body, twitching violently before falling unconscious. The Infinity Energy drained from the subject surged through the contraption and into the Poke-center healing machine. It awoke with a familiar soft glow, which slowly grew brighter before short circuiting entirely. The machine burst into smoke and sparks, prompting Oscar to turn off the Pokepod.

Oscar got up and walked to toward the healing machine, looking into the pod chamber as he passed. The Ninjask was mummified, it would seem level seven was still strong enough to outright kill the subject pokemon. He waved his hand as smoke blew into his face, casually picking up the singed pokeball of his Drampa. Moving a safe distance away, Oscar would open the ball to see what effect the treatment had if any.

To Oscar's surprise, River looked rather spry. His skin was back to being a fresh mint-green, and as he took inventory of his surroundings the once feeble Drampa realized that he could move freely. River was overjoyed, inching in circles as he flapped his tiny wings. Oscar returned River to his ball and walked back to his control station.

He resumed recording once more. "Experiment was an apparent success, when the Infinity Energy of a living creature powers a poke-center machine its usual healing effect reverses the aging process in pokemon. It is currently unknown if this effect is temporary; I will have to examine River over the next couple of days to determine how long the effect lasts and how drastically his age was reverted. For now, let us return to our primary objective with Experiment Three. Subject is..."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 0:39:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LUXRAY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GUTS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROAR

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 14:12:40 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"...Luxray, average size and in good health. I have to say it's an impressive specimen, it would be a shame to lose it should this experiment fail--I should have more faith in myself. I believe that here and now, I will find the the middle point I seek."

Oscar paused his recording and walked over to carry the Luxray into the chamber. It was not as difficult as the Dragonite from the first round of tests, but the beast was still pretty heavy. Oscar managed to toss it in and seal the creature up, paving the way for his final experiment.

Oscar returned to his control station, and while he reached for the dial without hesitation he would find himself reluctant to turn it. His mind was flodding with insecurities, the infinite what-ifs of failure began to weigh him down. Oscar took a deep breath, clearing his cluttered mind. He was prepared for any result, let failure come if it must--it shall only delay his inevitable victory.

Oscar turned the dial to six. The machine came to life, and the Luxray awoke with a start. It screeched with pain, it life source being rapidly absorbed by the machine. Oscar was unphased by the subject's discomfort, but knew that if it could feel the extraction then the power was too high.

He lowered it to four. The Luxray stopped screaming, heavily breathing with relief. Yet even if the extraction was lessened, the machine would continue to pull out its lifeforce nevertheless. The beast eventually could not stay awake, collapsing from exhaustion.

Oscar began to print the energy readings, reading over them carefully as they extended forward. The results were promising, but he needed just a bit more. Oscar turned the dial between four and five. The energy was slightly better, and the Luxray did not stir from its sleep. He turned it to five and six. The Luxray began to writhe, but once again did not awaken fully. Oscar groaned, "Please be joking..."

He turned the dial to five. The Luxray's slumber calmed, and the energy reading was just shy of exceeding Oscar's expectation. He had found the perfect extraction level. Even so, Oscar groaned. "The numbers were arbitrary, it's my fuckin' lucky that the middle ground was in the middle the whole time. Whatever, only I will know."

Oscar's embarrassment shifted into excitement, and all other tasks faded into the background as he began to feverishly record data. He did not even remember to finish his recording.

Once he was satisfied with his findings, Oscar would commemorate his victory by catching the surviving Luxray.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 6:25:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]YOU CAUGHT THE LUXRAY!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GUTS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROAR

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!