Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
Someone's always criticizing. You might as well do what the fuck you want.
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Finding the Culprit [M][O]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 4:44:30 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
The smell hit her the second she crested the hill. It was death mixed with microwaved fish. Her backpack was laid against the store’s outer wall. Even from here, she could make out the bodies on the shoreline. One was red and yellow while the other was a deep hunter’s green. The scars were familiar too. “Ah, shit.” The redhead dropped her bag as she rushed to the edge of the fishing pond. “Not again.” She was surprised to find her eyes watering as she stared at the obviously deceased Carvanha and Basculin.

She knew these fish. They were both grumpy old geezers who enjoyed snapping the fishing lines of trainers and playing with what was left. This game of theirs would go on for hours until the mark eventually realized the error. “Sorry guys.” Madd murmured as she looked for something to place them in. With that done, she buried them beneath two of the biggest trees on the property. Whatever had eaten them had rendered the fish rancid—poisonous goop around them a sign of that. Death like this was strange in this place.

When it came to this oversized pond, the shop had reached a deal with its inhabitants years ago. They were supplied with synthetic fish meat and lab-grown fish in exchange for peace in the pond. Nobody ate anyone else, and trainers weren’t allowed to be cruel. The hooks had also lost their barbs in exchange for something softer and a lot less harmful. The lack of bloodshed made the place more family-friendly. Once a month, she met with the leaders of the schools to help with anything they needed. But somebody had been taking advantage of her good nature.

Three times.

So, eager to catch the profit, the redhead posted a cattle call for a pescetarian hunter. Hopefully, someone could figure out the culprit from a combination of investigation and old security footage. A couple of back-and-forth messages brought Madeline to now.

Sitting on the shop’s stoop, the woman was finishing off a cigarette when her hired help arrived. "Yo." A hand rose in greeting as she surged to her feet, dusting off the vest. “I hope you found the place all right.” The old man had done his best to balance city convenience with bumfuck isolation. GPS got screwed up a lot of times—which explained most of the bad reviews.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 15:58:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Murder mysteries weren't really Andrea's thing, but searching for a potentially dangerous Pokémon certainly was. The young PokéManiac arrived at the isolated fishing shop donning her usual dragon onesie, which almost made it look like she herself was the monster terrorizing the lake.

"It wasn't a problem at all! I asked some locals and they were happy to help me find it." The strangely-dressed woman replied to Madeline's inquiry, smiling widely. "I'm Andrea, and this is my son Jalapeño. We hope we can be helpful!" She introduced herself as well as the little Fuecoco she held in her arms.
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:20:14 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

When Madd first saw the costumed crusader, she almost swallowed her tongue. What the heck was she wearing? And why was she wearing it here? The water and sand would get all over it. Acting as if she’d somehow missed it, Yakuza made a show of elbowing her and pointing to it. Big red eyes kept looking at her for confirmation. A muscular hand wrapped around the badger’s fluffy mitts, trying to stop the dark type from making a show of it. [break][break]

She pinched him. Then, scolded the overgrown weasel in a harsh whisper. “Stop pointing at her. It’s just an outfit Chill.”
[break][break]

Luckily, the redhead didn’t take too long to collect herself. If this girl felt more comfortable dressing like a—uh—whatever that was meant to be, she wouldn’t judge her for it. Hell, maybe her normal job was a mascot at a fast food chain or something. Before landing this gig, Madd had done way more embarrassing stuff. When Andrew drew within a few feet, Madeline offered her a hand to shake.
[break][break]

“They’re pretty cool out here.” Except for that lady who insisted she’d seen Madd on a wanted poster before. Which wasn’t true. Most of her crimes hadn’t been committed anywhere near this place. “And they love the pond Pokemon. A lot of the fish are older than I am.” And, well, she only let nice people take them. If anyone wanted Magikarp filets, they’d have to go elsewhere.
[break][break]

The introduction of the funky little crocodile was met with another surprised blink. Again, Yakuza elbowed in her ribs, trying to point out the cute little guy. Where he got the idea that she was blind, the redhead had zero idea. After they finished shaking hands—if they did—she’d offer a similar gesture to the Fuecoco. “Well, it’s nice to meet you.” A pause followed. “Yakuza loves the outfit.”
[break][break]

Knowing a cue when he heard it, the badger nodded enthusiastically. “I’m Madd. This is Yakky. He’s my live-in slapstick show.” A big mitten waved as she moved to lead the little group to the leg. Once they got to the site of the nearest attack, she gestured to a few indents in the dirt.
[break][break]

“These tracks are all I got..” And, unfortunately, they weren’t much. “You want a drink or something?” The old man wouldn’t notice a coke or two going off the books.
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#c87a28;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.3); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 14:27:26 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
That Obstagoon sure liked to laugh and poke its trainer a lot. "My my, how lively!" The strangely-dressed girl jovially mused, not realizing that she was the one being laughed at. "I'm glad he likes my Pokémon disguise. I made it myself, you know. RAWR~!" Andrea gnarled one of her hands like a claw and pretended to roar like a fearsome dragon, although her cry sounded more adorable than intimidating.

Once introductions and handshakes were done, the group moved to the site of the most nearest attack, the scent of bloodshed still lingering in the air. When asked if she wanted a drink, the eccentric cosplayer shook her dragon-hooded head. "No thanks. We're here to solve a mystery, after all." She looked down at the tracks, humming in deep thought. "Hmmm, couldn't Yakky try to track them down? I've heard that the Zigzagoon family have a really keen sense of smell." She suggested.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 2:41:13 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
Madeline offered Andrea a tight-lipped grin. Amber eyes tried their best to avoid looking at her BFF too closely, cuz one look at his expression would probably be enough to crack the facade. Still, keeping the cheer out of her voice was impossible when she spoke next. "That's definitely one way to put it." Now, confident in her ability to not turn into a giggling mess, she fixed Yakuza with a steely stare. "Most people just say rude and get it over with." A big mitten paw lifted to his chest as the badger staggered back, almost as if wounded.

"Did you?" Madeline paws for just a moment, giving the costume A once over. She didn't know Jack about sewing, but she had no idea what pokémon this was meant to be. Again, she didn't exactly know anything about pokémon either. "I'd have never guessed." She murmured to today's mercenary. "I could see it doing the trip on someone." Like a baby or her mousy cousin Aubre. Yakuza, meanwhile, couldn't resist another set of guffaws as the pint-sized woman roared, he imitated Andrea before the hyena noises started again.

"There's nothing wrong with staying hydrated," Madd murmured to the girl, hands ghosting over the half-empty water bottle at her side. "It isn't from the pond if that's what you're thinking. It's just regular fake spring water." When asked why the lubbard at her side wasn't taking care of it, Madeline sighed.

"He's scared of water. Especially when it's murky." For a big, beefy guy, the badger was afraid of an awful lot. "So, when the trail gets close to the water, he claims it just disappears." Looking slightly offended by her implications, Yakuza shook his head.

He wasn't lying about that! Promise!

Turning out to the pond in front of her, mad shrugged. "None of them saw anything either. That or they're all in cahoots for fish sticks." She gestured to the water pokémon that had begun together at the shore.
[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]

[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AF6D28; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #D89654; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #CC7D2F;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #191919;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #CC7D2F;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 10:34:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Hydration WAS pretty important. After giving it a quick once over, Andrea accepted the bottle of fake spring water, taking a long sip from it. “Haaah… You were right. This is pretty essential.” The dragon-hooded girl nodded in gratitude.

When it turned out that the big tough badger was scared of water, it was Andrea’s turn to let out a giggle. “Heehee~ You won’t have to go IN the water, silly!” Of course, she wasn’t being mean-spirited, just poking a bit of fun is all. Everyone had their weird phobias, after all.

Granted, they were no closer to solving the elusive mystery. “How about we camp out here and wait for the lake monster to show up again?” The young cosplayer proposed.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 2:40:02 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
The clerk is glad when the bottle’s plucked from her hands. The thing’s still cold to the touch, leaving a thin sheen on her palms. She chuckles—even if she finds Andrea’s choice of words strange. Sure, hydration was essential, but spring water wasn’t. “I think bottled water is stupid, but the tap here tastes like iron.” One of the benefits of country living, she guesses.

Yakuza turns to Andrea with a huff and a glare. He pushes himself to his full height (which is still shorter than the cosplayer). “Hrrf.” With an emphasizing point, he indicates the bloody sand where the fish lay. Then, he laid his hands on top of each other, miming the mouth of a Feraligatr. He then covered his eyes. Then, he squeezed his legs together. “He said he doesn’t need to be in the water for something to rip his balls off.” Maybe she shouldn’t have let him watch Lake Placid 27 times.

At the talk of camping, Madd felt her nose wrinkle. That was one thing she and Pop had in common. Hiking, camping, and mosquitoes? Definitely not their thing. She didn’t fancy the idea of sleeping under nylon. But she also wanted to protect her pond buddies. “Yeah. We can do that. Take shifts if we need to.” An elbow from Yakky caught her attention. He smushed his hand together in a sandwich. His freakishly long tongue snaked out to lick at his muzzle.

“Yeah, yeah.” She shrugs. “We’ll make smores.” Waving Andrea over, she moved to walk into the shop. Place had plenty of supplies they could use. Some of that stuff to disguise their scent too. “Let’s see what we got.”

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AF6D28; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #D89654; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #CC7D2F;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #191919;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #CC7D2F;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 12:48:41 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Madeline's explanation of what the cowardly badger was saying caused the other girl visible confusion. "Why would a lake monster eat Pokéballs? And why would he keep the Pokéballs between his legs?" Andrea asked, ever the innocent bean.

With a course of action finally settled on, the two trainers went into the shop in search of supplies for tonight's stakeout. While Madeline presumably went looking for smores, Andrea took her job as a monster hunter to heart, searching for the perfect equipment to match.

The eccentric cosplayer settled for an Old Rod, some baits, a bunch of Net Balls, and a "Women Want Me, Fish Fear Me" hat, which she wore over her draconic hood. "Alright, I'm ready! Let's go camping!"

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 4:19:18 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
It started as snickers. A noise almost confused with hiccups. But the dam quickly failed. The badger burst out laughing. “Goon! Goon! Goon!” He pointed emphatically at his crotch—even though there were zero Pokeballs to be seen. Big red eyes shifted to his trainer. The redhead’s straight face—and attempt at an explanation--seemed to make things worse. By the time his chortling stopped, the badger struggled to catch his breath.

Madeline did her best to keep a straight face. The only sign of failure came in the way of a single, muffled snort. “Yakuza isn’t talking about actual Pokeballs. He—” Another peal of hyena-like laughter emerged. Orange eyes narrowed irritably as a brow jerked upward: Seriously, man? A boot shifted over to press down on his foot. “And, it’s not funny that she doesn’t know. Not everyone’s minds are in the gutter." Finally, the noise came to an end.

Madd leaned over to whisper a clarification in Andrea’s ear. The low volume is an attempt at leaving Jalapeno untainted. “He’s talking about testicles.“ Badass or not, saying that word aloud still brought a tinge of pink to Madd’s cheeks. cheeks were tinged with pink. “Somebody told him that ages ago, and it just kind of stuck.” At least, that’s what she figured happened. He hadn’t always been nervous around water. “Guy’s gullible with a capital G.”

Irritated by the insult, Yakuza stayed on the shores of the pond while the girls shopped. He went so far as to drag over one of the picnic tables for him to sit at. Though, by the time the pair got back, any and all vitriol would be gone.

Madd picked through the store in search of the perfect supplies. For some reason, they stocked bows and hunting spray. She tossed a few cans of the latter in her cargo pants pockets. She also grabbed a net and the ingredients for smores—though she wasn’t sure the graham crackers were good. She also grabbed a sleeping bag and a picnic blanket. To finish things up, the redhead added a few tins of bait to her reusable shopping bag.

“Let's.” Madd rang up the stuff and hit total. But instead of putting money in the till, she just slammed the drawer shut. “It should be getting dark soon.”

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 12:49:33 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“Testicles? Oh, I see, I see!” The eccentric trainer nodded her head in understanding. Her parents were Pokémon Breeders, so she had a pretty firm grasp on how genitals worked. “I’ve never heard of a testicle-eating Pokémon… If I ever turned into a Pokémon, I wouldn’t want it to be the testicle-eating kind. That’s just weird. What do testicles even taste like?”

Asking the real questions, Andrea.

Now all geared up, the girls were ready to embark on their little monster hunt. Andrea spared a curious glance at the shut drawer. Were they not gonna pay for all this stuff? The owner must have been so nice, they just let visitors take anything they wanted for free. Surely.

“It’s getting dark already?!” The young cosplayer exclaimed in shock, which quickly gave way to radiant optimism. “That’s a good thing! The monster always appears at nighttime, doesn’t it? That means we might not even have to wait that long for it to show up. And when it does, I swear to protect Yakuza’s balls!” She proclaimed resolutely.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 23:53:08 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
Well, for all that innocence, this girl was pretty shameless. Not a chuckle or blush at the mention of the badger’s zebra dong. “Yeah, it’s a load of crock.” Madd shook her head. If she knew which Pokemon had put that in his head, she’d strangle them. The redhead nodded along. “Pretty sure none of them would do it on purpose—” They’d probably think it was a nut or something. The last comment drew out a snort—it took everything she had not to burst out laughing. “Salty.”

The smore was withdrawn from the fire. “Here, Yakky, hold this for a—” Before she even cleaned the skewer, the smoke vanished with a ferocious crunch. Then, he whimpered as molten marshmallow burst across his tongue like an overinflated below. “Serves you right, asshole.” As the sky darkened, Andrea’s exclamation stopped the bickering from getting out of hand.

Instantly, the pair turned toward her. Yakuza scooted closer to the fire—as if heat and flickering shadow was enough to ward off the supposed ball-snatcher. “It looks like it.” Madd whispered. Suddenly, her heart began to pound. “Yeah. Or, at least, I don’t find the stuff until morning.” A hand dipped into her pocket, fingering her Ampharos’s pokeball.

But that last comment stops any idea Madd had at stealth. She immediately burst out into guffaws—soon enough she was breathless. It didn’t help that Yakuza swooned in concert with the laughter. “You know what, kid? You’re not half—” A big fuzzy elbow slammed into her ribs. As she turned to face him, she saw what he did.

The reeds at the pond’s edge move on a windless night. Something left an indent in the muddy ground.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 10:07:03 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea furrowed her brow ever so slightly at Madd’s guffawing. Was the redhead making fun of her expert sleuthing skills or her promise to protect Yakuza’s unborn descendants? Thankfully, the young PokéManiac was nearly impossible to offend. She was used to being perceived as the weird one.

Never mind that, though. Evil was afoot. A foot in the mud, to be precise. The girl’s amethyst eyes widened. “It’s here! Come out, Gigi, it’s hunting time!” She hurled a ball into the air, releasing a smiling Gengar whose umbral purple form blended in with the night.

The Ghost-type deftly moved between the shadows cast by the trees, using its impeccable night vision to try and locate whatever it was that had emerged from the pond. Should its search be successful, the grinning specter would cast a Mean Look on its target in order to prevent them from escaping.
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 9:11:57 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
Madeline spotted the suspect at about the same time as Andrew. Copper's eyes widened as she lifted a finger for quiet. But, the hunter-for-hire had different ideas, apparently. “Yakky!” As the pair took off, the redhead moved to follow. “Let’s go!” After hours of sitting cross-legged, her legs had fallen asleep. It took a stumbling step or two before she stopped thinking her legs would give out.

“Goon?” Yakuza stared forlornly at his hands. A, freshly cooked more was clutched between his claws. The evidence of earlier snacks coated his fur. Suddenly, he cared a lot less about the phantom fisher guy. All he wanted was to contemplate the flavor complexities of this treat. When she realized he wasn’t following, Madd turned to glare at the regretful badger. “Come on, man! Just eat it!"

With a chomp, the graham cracker disappeared into his needle-filled muzzle. Any response, however, was stymied by a column of blistering hot marshmallows. With the Shadow Tag holding whatever it was in place, the badger made a rush for it. This would be super easy! Like shooting fish in a barrel or whatever human stuff people did. It was his time to shine, baby!

But, as he approached the disturbed area, he found nothing but footprints leading to an empty puddle. The footprints—dog-like—just vanished at the water’s edges. “Obsta?” He stared at Gigi with accusatory eyes. With a frown, he toed the water’s surface. From it, a finned, shadowy shape bursts. Its teeth clamp around his ankle as the scruff Vaporeon locks onto his foot.

But, up close and personal, the half-water creature looked like a demon. Its abyssal eyes seemed silver in the moonlight. “!?” With a high-pitched squeal, Yakuza began kicking his feet like a dancer in a Celtic line. He fell into the mud seconds later with an audible splash. Then, as quick as it appeared, the Vaporeon vanished.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 9:57:49 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Watching their target slip out of their grasp, the Gengar's toothy smile turned upside down. Well, at least now they knew that the so-called lake monster was just a cuddly, albeit kinda creepy Vaporeon with an appetite for Yakuza's ankles.

Andrea finally caught up with them, panting in exertion. "Where... did it go?" Her Gengar pointed at the lake. "It's OK, Gigi, you tried your best." The eccentric trainer tried to cheer the sad ghost up. She then hummed in deep thought. "Hmmmm, we need to lure it back out somehow."

A proverbial lightbulb lit up above her head. Pulling a crystallized, Pokéball-shaped object out of her pocket, she threw it towards her Fuecoco. "Jalapeño, Terastallize!" A crystal hat shaped like a chandelier manifested atop the little crocodile's head.

fuecoco-tera.gif

"Now use your Flamethrower to heat up the lake!" Andrea exclaimed.

With a high-pitched roar, Jalapeño exhaled a steady stream of intensely hot fire from his mouth, targeting the water's surface, which soon began to bubble. That would hopefully force the Vaporeon out... or cook it into a nice stew. Nobody said the plan was perfect.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 21:49:30 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
Spooked by the water demon’s sudden appearance, Yakuza made no move to get up. Instead, he stared suspiciously at all the puddles around him. A few of them left behind by the Vaporeon’s own feet as it broke for the water. As his trainer approached, she laid a hand on his head. A gentle stroke was enough to calm him down. “You guys tagged it, right?” She’d had that done to her by a cop once. The inability to escape wasn’t a feeling the Rocket easily forgot. “I don’t think it could get too far.”

The crystallization of the crocodile made the pair immediately forget about the Vaporeon. “Whoa.” Madd reached for the little crystalline hat, as if expecting it to be a hologram. “You guys always come up with the weirdest stuff.” Her own Pokemon didn’t Mega Evolve or grow to three stories anymore. At least, not after they left Ye Olde Galar. Then, Andrea gave her order. Copper eyes widened. “Wait, what!?” With a look of panic, she shouted out to her oversized fishbowl: “Clear the deck, guys!”

By then, the water had already begun to bubble. For a minute, nothing moved within the water. But, suddenly, the water itself rose into a humped shape. Suddenly, the lake near the shore had points and a finned tail. Still invisible, the Vaporeon’s outline was only visible in the steam. As it locked eyes with Madeline, the creature hissed. “Eon!” It bared broken, yellow teeth. Jumping out of the pot, the fox landed on the shore—the figurative fire.

A ball of Chilling Water rocketed from its mouth in hopes of snuffing out the Fuecoco.