TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 13:03:30 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","katherine1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Surprisingly, is quick to accept Katherine's invitation. It's either that or she truly was expecting him to take a lot longer to consider whether she comes bearing gifts or AQUA proposals.
[break][break]
Thankfully, today, it's the former.
[break][break]
She is already seated at the bar with a glass of her signature drink, martini, and a cocktail skewer with a lone, untouched olive left on it. Her eyes flutter lightly while she examines photos on her phone, reviewing which of them was the most fitting to upload to her instagram account.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 19:47:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Intrigue is a great motivator. It's part of what leads the pilot to search out mysterious, disappearing islands and plunges him into worlds he ought not tread.

With that precedent, Angelo accepts the curious little request that had popped up in his emails without too much inner strife. For an out of the blue invitation from is nothing but intriguing. 

Somehow he doubts she's going to show up waving contracts. 

Papers are pleasantly absent in front of Katherine when he walks up to the bar, noting but a single glass and its image replicated on her phone.

Not interrupting you two, am I?” His head tilts towards her lonely, untouched martini as Angelo slides onto the stool beside her.  

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 11:29:47 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Katherine's eyes lift from the device as soon as Angelo settles into the seat beside her. A brief flutter of the Malevolent's eyes occurs when she finally meets the pirate with her scarlet stare and then, a smile.
[break][break]
Practised. Coordinated. Manufactured.
[break][break]
It's a good sign when she puts this much effort into appearing friendly and approachable. Well, depending on who's judging, at least. "Far from it," the smile is maintained for a couple moments longer, "it's good to finally see you again, Angelo."
[break][break]
She offers the bartender a weak wave to draw his attention to the pilot by her side, "I never got to congratulate you and Skyler for launching your company, but seeing how well it's doing, I suppose that you two didn't need to hear another 'good luck', hrm?"
[break][break]
Katherine's almost buttering him up. Almost. She is friendlier than usual, but not unremarkably so. After all, she's never had a bone to pick with Hoenn's pirate duo.
[break][break]
She is, however, testing the waters.

[break][break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 21:49:18 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Ruby meets sapphire when the reserved seat becomes occupied and like the ignition of a well oiled machine, smiles fall into place.

It all looks so natural. 

It is. We've left it way too long,” that, at least, is an honest gesture on his part. Their reunion had been long overdue.

As the bartender takes notice, Angelo tilts his chin towards the row of spirits lining the back wall. “I'll take a whisky. Neat. Thanks.” He asks, turning his attention back to Katherine.

Nautica's been doing great, really taken off. But by all means, don't let that stop you. I'm not going to turn down any well wishes that are being handed my way.

Least of all from .

Not that he needs it. To encourage she follow through with such civilities when she had attempted to rescind them however, is purely for his satisfaction. 

Angelo smiles, waiting. 

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 3:28:39 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Mm."
[break][break]
Katherine wonders if the pirate, too, was testing the waters with her. She doesn't delude herself into thinking that he's as innocent as he may seem and sound-- he's not offered the benefit of the doubt. "Ah, I don't think it'd be fair towards Skyler, you know? She deserves to hear this praise too."
[break][break]
It's a cop-out. One that the Malevolent uses to change the subject quickly, "Speaking of, wasn't the last time the three of us got together when invited us to that pointless meeting?"
[break][break]
A chuckle escapes her, curt and brief. "He came to see me again recently actually. Tried to goad me into helping him again under the same false pretences," Katherine reveals before soothing the bitter taste of Derek's name with another sip, "I really thought I was clear when I called his bullshit last time."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 19:04:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Right. Of course,” comes a soft chuckle, intentionally carefree to mask the smug satisfaction sweet on his tongue. “I'm sure Sky'll want to hear it. Next time we're all together, then.

Breaking eye contact to regard the bartender as they gently place a glass in front of him, Angelo nods along to the reminiscing. 

Oh yeah, the invitations were something. Mine came with a charming little threat of a monetary fine if I refused to attend.” He utters, sarcastic. “How could I say no?

He's glad when the bartender finishes pouring his whisky, memories of 's meeting were not to be paired without laughter or alcohol. 

What's clear is that he hasn't made any progress.” Lifting his glass to his lips, Angelo takes a swig of whisky. Sentiments shared with the elite four. “In finding Registeel or winning himself any favours. What did you tell him?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 15:28:41 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Katherine shakes her head whilst resisting the urge to roll her eyes at Angelo's mention of the threat posed by Derek at the time. It's pathetic that the gym leader would stoop that low, but then again, she isn't surprised to hear this. This behaviour matched the person she'd grown to despise.
[break][break]
"Oh, absolutely. Zero progress on his part, that much is certain."
[break][break]
Surprisingly, she doesn't need to drink this time before continuing. Not using the gym leader's name seemed to ease some of the bitterness that surfaced whenever she used his name, "Something along the lines of 'you can go fuck yourself' and 'I might reconsider the day you learn some manners and beg for forgiveness', I think."
[break][break]
Her shoulders pull backwards into a shrug.
[break][break]
"Knowing him, he'll probably ask again in a month or two with the same rotten attitude," Katherine finally allows herself another small sip, "are you and Skyler still interested in finding this titan for the right price?"
[break][break]
And so, the period of beating around the bush ends.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 21:48:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
From what second-hand information Angelo had collected, it sounded like the Petalburg gym leader was still very much the same dishonest man he'd met at the meeting. 

He drowns the tiny voice inside that sings of his hypocrisy with the more agreeable taste of Nikka Yoichi. 

At least he didn't pretend to be holier-than-Arceus's left testicle. 

Playing with fire there, Kat. Sounds like you're due a fine with your name in the mailbox.” He chuckles. There's more chance of that than an apology, he's sure. 

For the right price,” turning his head, Angelo is lured by the music that flows into his ears. Meat of the invitation teased. “And if it proves advantageous for us to take.

There was Nautica's reputation to think about now. 

Then yeah, I'm listening.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 18:45:37 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Hrm, I'm pretty sure there's an AQUA clause that takes care of fines for me," Katherine teases, "though I suppose that wouldn't cover you two now, would it?" Her eyes lock with the pirate's as she judges his reaction.
[break][break]
"I can guarantee the price," is all the Malevolent can offer at first, "but as for how advantageous it'd be, well, I'd prefer not to lie to you. We won't know until we come face to face with the titan."
[break][break]
Her voice is light, casual, stripped of the sternness one might expect when discussing business. After all, Angelo and her were only sharing a drink. Nothing more, nothing less. "Beyond what you'll be paid, you guys can keep whatever we find down there-" it sounds too good to be true. Like there's more to her proposal.
[break][break]
"Save for plates, should we come across any. I plan to keep those myself."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 1:27:30 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Now, why didn't they tell me about that clause sooner, I suppose?” His teeth are a row of knives as his eyes lock on Katherine, teasing repaid in kind. “Seems like something I'd have been very interested in knowing about.

Genuine or not, it's still seed sprinkled at the bottom of a bird cage with a lock. 

Sounds promising, we could work something out with that.” There's a nod of approval, but no hint of a confirmed agreement. It's too early for that, more could potentially be put on the table and there was always a pinch of salt to be taken. 

Ah yeah, the plates.” He'd been there for the Adventours - and the church incident - held some years ago. “They must be pretty special, if you're willing to part with all other treasure we'd come across.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 21:00:03 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Ah," Katherine says softly, her voice sweet yet marred by poison, "I'm sure you know how it is. Some people are awfully sentimental." It just so happened that it was a god in this case.
[break][break]
"I know, I know," her smile is almost mocking, "everyone thinks they're oddly special and unique. That there must be some secret to them if I care so much about them. But no. I only care about them because my god does. It is as simple as that. I'm sure Skyler'd understand," the Malevolent briefly wonders if that had ever come between the two lovers.
[break][break]
"Do you?"
[break][break]
A better question would be, could he-- but Angelo is spared the pleasure of hearing that, "Besides, treasure's never been my thing. I'm not a pirate, you see."
[break][break]
Just a thief, really.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 19:28:26 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
His smile, meanwhile, is almost self-satisfied. “Would a god go out of their way to collect baubles and trinkets, if they weren't special to them in some way, I wonder?

He's sure Skyler would understand more than him. Angelo had seen the call of the blue orb to her first hand, how it had pulled at her in ways he wouldn't be able to fully grasp. Wouldn't be able to fully like.

And yet neither would experience something quite like what he had, either.

You got me. Suppose I don't,” he shrugs, weaving a fabrication through his pretty, practiced teeth. “I'll stick to claim of the treasure, then. Wouldn't want to get in the way of your god's collection.

There's great pleasure to be found in hiding the truth beneath the elite four's nose. That there's a Soul Dew in his pocket. It's glass case host to multiple spirits of so-called gods, as she would put it, of which he'd found himself connected with.    

Angelo is about to take a sip of whisky, until the next comment stills him. 

A pirate?

Are you insinuating that I am?” He chuckles, not looking offended in the slightest. 

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 21:10:10 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Something can be special to someone despite holding no higher value," Katherine's rebuttal comes out smoothly, so quick that it almost sounds practised, "like I said, it's purely sentimental. I suppose he just can't help it."
[break][break]
Her head tips in a nod in response to Angelo's words, evidently satisfied with his decision, "Good. I'm happy to hear that, and I trust that you won't be disappointed. There was plenty of treasure to go around last time, if I recall correctly."
[break][break]
And she does.
[break][break]
"Am I insinuating? No, no. I'm sure of it. I hope you'd agree that it's something to be proud of."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 20:00:33 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Suppose everyone has a hobby. Even gods.

Angelo doesn't buy it for a second. 

What Katherine and her patron want with the plates is of no concern to him, however. Even if he is a salt pinch curious. She could have them if it meant he came away with something worth his while in return.

It wasn't a bad haul by any means. But I wouldn't complain if Registeel has a more generous collection than its cousin.

True enough, he'd gotten something irreplaceable out of Regirock's tomb. What awaits him in the next? 

Katherine's insistence over an alleged path into piracy cracks a smile across his face, sharp and not in the least ashamed. Angelo neither confirms nor denies. 

And they thought I'd never surmount to anything worthwhile.” He muses sarcastically. “You sound like y'know a thing or two about pirates, though. Fan as a kid, Kat?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
make a deal with god [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 20:39:14 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Katherine bestows her scarlet gaze upon Angelo, along with the privilege of witnessing her lips curve into a smile. "Yes, exactly. Even gods have hobbies." The murmur in her heart is silent to all but her, the voice of a dissatisfied god. Fortunately, she could excuse invoking his name for such a goal.
[break][break]
"Cousin? I figured they'd be brothers—but yes. I also wouldn't mind if we walked away with more than last time." Regardless of what familial tie bound the two together, it does remind her of the other Regis-- it makes her question how many more of them remained. A couple? A dozen?
[break][break]
"Mm. Not really. They were always just fine. The real thrill is in heist films."

[break][break]