awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
macarons de détresse [s][c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 11:41:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

With the boyfriend handling the little ‘situation’ that lit up Fortree downtown like a warped version of a Christmas tree away at work, and no challengers for the day booked—he decided to take a flight out of the city for today (and was surprised that nobody stopped him when he took the aerial route) to let himself think.

The way the gym circuit had been thrown into shambles with the way non-traditional challenges were being put to one side without even another care in the world was more than enough to make him want to cry. And scream. And throw up. And probably strangle something if given the chance.

(Which, unsurprisingly, he’d done two of the three out of sight and earshot of the boyfriend, because yeah, there was no way he was going to let this weigh down on him and drag his better half through the much he was stuck in. Please don’t get him started with the violence.)

Normally when he came to Mauville he would drop by the gym currently overseen by , but then there was another gym there—but it was in the Minor League, where little Josh’s gym used to be before it was promoted.

Unsurprisingly, he brought along a box of macarons with him because he wanted to stress eat. He wondered if the young lady was around here somewhere…?

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 11:56:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,erishope]
[attr=class,absolute-holderis]
[attr=class,image-divideris]
[attr=class,accentbgeris]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
i can offer nothing, still you won't let go

[attr=class,bulk]
With the amount of time she's spent getting used to Mesprit's presence, Rosmontis has begun to understand some of the little things that the pixie does. Such as in this very moment, when she stops chirping and simply stares off into the distance like a puppy that has lost connection to the dog-net.[break][break]

Someone is coming, but are they friendly or yet another angry council person wanting to pry the truth from her throat? Looking to Mesprit for an answer, Rosmontis will find none and instead focuses on giving Reiner a good scratch behind the ears as she mulls over her choices.[break][break]

"Alright, Mes. You know the whole deal." She sighs, taking a deep breath as she reaches to scoop her hair into a ponytail. "Stay out of sight and I'm... pretty sure I can handle whoever's here."[break][break]

The lake guardian cocks her head and offers her a soft 'Brii', but nothing more. Then she zips right off, leaving Reiner in charge of watching the girl as they begin their search for the newest traveller. Sure enough, with a good sense of smell and a few hints from the forest critters, they make it to their destination, the Luxray carefully stepping out of the foliage with the young gym leader on his back.[break][break]

It's a somewhat familiar face, so she offers him the tiniest of smiles as she looks him over.[break][break]

"Mister Ivanov? What are you doing here?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

[attr=class,erishopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.erishope .accentbgeris]background: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accentborder, .erishope .bulk i]border-color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accenttext, .erishope .bulk b, .erishope .bottom-text span a]color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #333333; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .absolute-holderis]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/hQYfbeK.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1, .erishope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1 div, .erishope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text img]padding:10px; margin-left:-20px;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 13:56:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It didn’t take him long to find (or rather, be found) the person he was looking for, on the back of a Luxray.

“I’m here with macarons,” he began, showing her the box that he was carrying.

“I did say I’d be sending macarons over to the other Gym Leaders that recently joined us but I made… too much again so I decided to come by and share,” he explained.

Was his stress really radiating that much off him it was palpable in the air?

“And then there’s… that.”

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 14:17:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
"Macarons?" Echoing his words, Rosmontis can't help but straighten up a little to sneak a peek at the box. But even the sweetness behind the thought isn't enough to wash away the sour that permeates the air.[break][break]

The usual relief that Mesprit isn't here so she doesn't get revealed quietly begins to change into relief that she isn't here to complain and lament about the awful vibes.[break][break]

"Oh, well... if you want to sit down, my cabin isn't that far?" Tossing a thumb over her shoulder, Rosmontis nudges her head towards the depths of the woods as Reiner begins to turn around. "The forest is pretty calm today, so there shouldn't be any unwanted surprises along the way."[break][break]

As the feline meanders along the winding dirt path, he watches the ground, making sure of where his paw is going so he doesn't end up stepping in any puddles of mud. On the other hand, Rosmontis is more than happy to let her gaze wander, her attention being drawn from the sprawling tree branches up above to the movements of little critters in the bushes down below.[break][break]

"With all the time that you've been given so far, have you found some words to describe it?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

[newclass=.erishope .accentborder, .erishope .bulk i]border-color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accenttext, .erishope .bulk b, .erishope .bottom-text span a]color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #333333; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .absolute-holderis]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/hQYfbeK.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1, .erishope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1 div, .erishope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text img]padding:10px; margin-left:-20px;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 14:46:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Believe you me, I have quite a bit of experience with forests, too,” he continued quietly as he followed the Luxray into the undergrowth. While the land wasn’t as large as the place where the Sanctuary stood on at Fortree, this place was much more thickly wooded than what he remembered when he last came through…

And then, the thing came to pass.

“Honestly? I’m still in a state of denial. Betting you that is too, considering that out of the official big gyms around, mine and his are the non-trad heavy ones.”

Which was saying something in and on itself.

“And I’m at a crossroads.”

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 14:53:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
"I'm sure you do." Her reply is simple and to the point. She doesn't quite have enough understanding of what might happen to focus on such little things just yet. Or well, she might just have a hint when she mulls over the answer he gives.[break][break]

"Crossroads how?"[break][break]

There are quite a few things she can ask him regarding what he just said but right now, she should be listening for the entire story. So she breathes in, shrugging her shoulders back as she finally directs her gaze towards him.[break][break]

"Do you think they're wrong for thinking they'd like trainers to be a little more prepared?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 15:02:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“So it’s like this. I’m standing in front of a path that goes in two directions. One being, I stay and continue to be a Gym Leader—but at what cost though? I’ve got the most horrible rate of awarding badges when people come by for a traditional battle… and by that I mean anyone comes by for a straight up traditional match always gets the badge.”

He then folded his arms over his chest.

“On the other path, I quit being a Gym Leader. But see there’s another problem here. I’m the longest-serving Gym Leader right now, and I’ve seen so much shit happen… hell Team Rocket already came knocking at the city doors already.”

He sighed another tiny little breath.

“And the thing is, my lessons aren’t… they’re not exactly the kind you can impart in a highly-structured setup.”

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 15:12:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
"What do you mean always gets the badge? I'd like to think that those who challenge you are thus capable, but if they aren't..." She stops, her gaze unwavering as her fingers nestle into Reiner's mane. "What advantage does the title of gym leader confer specifically? Even if you quit, you still have those years of experience you say you have. What really changes if you leave? What stops you from fighting Team Rocket and defending your city all the same?"[break][break]

She prods and pokes because she's uncertain. There are far too many holes for her to pass her judgement but so far, things really aren't looking good for .[break][break]

"First off, Mister Ivanov... What is the lesson you're trying to impart?"[break][break]

Deep breaths. Letting her emotions wash over her right now isn't good.[break][break]

"Do your lessons end up helping to determine if a trainer is ready for real battle? And more importantly, about those traditional challengers that you give those badges? Are they capable fighters or not?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 15:24:32 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Like the wind, he wanted to be free.

Like the air all around them, he wanted to not be bound by rules.

“See, the thing is, not every single time you have to face off against another human being in mortal kombat,” he went on quietly.

(And yes the spelling is intentional.)

“It’s not just man versus man, you know how much of a b—how much trouble nature all around can give humans problems and we have to deal with those problems? Not everything is all structured and tightly-enforced,” he tried to explain.

His thoughts were going a thousand miles an hour.

“It’s like—how does someone react in out of the box situations when nature is involved?”

This was proving to be a lot harder to explain in words, because he was a more visual kind of person and that was the problem there.

“Most of everyone who comes by my Gym already has several badges or so, and it’s all a matter of getting… swatted down to the ground because let’s face it, avians have a lot of weaknesses once they’re cornered.”

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 15:39:14 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
"You know, for someone who talks so badly about structure and tight enforcement... you have some real rigid thinking. Not to mention, you're being pretty disrespectful to both you challengers and pokemon."[break][break]

She feels Reiner twitch under her palms, but doesn't quite let that affect her.[break][break]

"Just a matter of time before they're swatted to the ground? Having lots of weaknesses when they're cornered? That just sounds to me like you're throwing the match. And that disrespects the amount of effort that both challengers and pokemon put into battling." Though subtle, embers of annoyance flicker in her words. "Have you tried thinking of ways to overcome those weaknesses? I'd assume you have, since you have years of experience and all."[break][break]

As she speaks, Reiner quietly curls his tail around her arm, his ears twitching whilst his eyes remain solely on the road.[break][break]

"Let's go at this from a different perspective... What do you reckon a traditional challenge entails? Why do you think you're unable to incorporate the unpredictability of nature in it?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 0:23:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The problem of being a visual and a highly emotional creature was this: abstract concepts looked much better when they were shown visually—especially to someone like himself because the fastest way he learned was by actual observation, seeing everything happening in action.

“Traditional battles for me… how do I put this? he continued with a frown as he squinted off in the distance.

“I see it as this: a trading of blows in a controlled setting. You know the tournament that happened a few years ago during the summer? A lot of those battles were ‘traditional’ where it was just one on one or two on two straight-up.”

And then there was also the other thing…

“See, with my Pokémon companions—I guide them when they need a nudge in the right direction. However, I don’t want to overwork them and keep going even if they’re already at their limit. I trust them to make the correct decisions for themselves when in combat with another Pokémon. I think it’s because I’m such a big f—softie.”

That was twice he had to stop himself from cussing in front of a child already.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 0:55:28 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
The urge to sigh is suppressed by the idle fidgeting of her hand, her fingers carefully drawn through Reiner's mane as she tries to unknot the little tangles she finds.[break][break]

She can most certainly understand the whole 'not wanting to overwork your pokemon' vibe, but he really hasn't answered her question of what exactly he's done. That and he hasn't exactly denied the disrespect bit... Perhaps, she should have been a little more specific with her wording.[break][break]

"Personally, Mister Ivanov. I think that your attitude can also work wonders for the outcome you seek. What guiding tips have you provided your pokemon thus far?" Patting Reiner's shoulder, she watches the way he makes a slight turn onto a different trail. Then she turns back and beckons for to follow. "Being able to fly is an advantage, but many challengers that bring a non-flier will have developed strategies of their own to overcome this difference. Some would throw rocks or whatever they find on the field, others might find non-conventional ways to leap into the air. And maybe you could afford to learn a thing or two."[break][break]

After a few more minutes of walking, they reach a funny little clearing - Clawed and chipped boulders sit around the field, a stream quietly rushing beside it. Large trees enclose the area, the abundance of foliage allowing anyone to hide if they try hard enough.[break][break]

"There's quite a few ways to define what a 'controlled setting' is. For me, I'm lucky I get to use the forest at my arena. Pokemon are free to throw rocks or sand at each other, or dunk each other into a river and duke it out there. And sometimes, when we get more adventurous trainers..." She hops off the Luxray's back, kneeling down and patting a long crack in the earth. "They create their own little ravines, cliffs and pitfalls that we end up having to clean up after the battle... but it most certainly adds a new layer of things to think about. High grounds advantage, watching your footing or falling into a hole."[break][break]

Pulling out a pokeball, Rosmontis calls out a Floatzel, who quickly takes to the waters and disappears under the surface.[break][break]

"If you have the right pokemon, you can create rain and mud to slow your opponents. Or keep it real sunny and make your surroundings extra flammable. I'm pretty sure that Mr Maher incorporates something about weather in his challenges?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 1:22:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“How do I put this.”

He furrowed his brows once they arrived at the clearing (and watch for hidden roots to clean up afterward) as they made their way through.

“A vast majority of my avianid companions have been with me half my life. It’s like… you know how sometimes people put themselves at a disadvantage when they announce what attacks their Pokémon have to take? I… I give my companions, my partners even, free will to do what they see and think is best when they’re out on the battlefield, if that makes any sense.”

Did it? Well, it made perfect sense to him at least.

“When they’re in an obvious situation that they haven’t been in yet, I guide them through it.”

The moment the weather idea was pitched, he had to stop from breaking down into a fit of maniacal laughter.

“See, here’s the other thing. I kind of have something like that, and it’s spread across two of my three non-trad challenge options. The thing with Cian’s gym is that the weather is always up at the start of the battle, and I don’t want to rip him off there…”

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,727 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 1:40:05 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
It takes quite a bit of will for her not to just start shaking her hands at .[break][break]

"If you've been together for that long, have you never just... considered making a secret language for yourselves?" And yet, she can't quite hide the disbelief in her voice. "Like this."[break][break]

A sharp whistle, Thalassa jumps out of the river and fires a Hydro Pump at a boulder. A upwards trill and the Floatzel summons a Razor Wind that sweeps through the treelines. Three short whistles and she scoops a wad of muck from the riverbed, readily tossing it at the tree trunks.[break][break]

"I do believe in giving them free will to decide what they think is best. But sometimes, those caught up in the heat of battle will miss crucial details. They can be easily blindsided, especially when they think the situation is similar to something they've been in before and that's where a trainer comes into play." Getting up from the ground, Rosmontis quickly dusts the remaining dirt off her dress. "There are times where giving your input can help them cut through moments of hesitation as well. Against bigger threats or smarter opponents, humans and pokemons gotta work together if they wanna come out on top."[break][break]

And she doesn't need Mesprit's help to sense this man going off the rails.[break][break]

"What makes you unable to incorporate elements of your non-trad challenges into traditional ones? An obstacle course can easily translate into environmental hazards on your field. If you want to deal with trust and courage, set up some kind of smoke or dust screen. Even Mister Wrynn's gym basically has his arena set as a pool with several spots to stand, just to encourage people to battle and make use of an aquatic environment."

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 2:18:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’ve been trying. They’re temperamental idiots, though,” he continued with a bit of a snicker.

As he said those words, somewhere, there were several avians out at the Sanctuary that suddenly sneezed simultaneously. (Yes, they can sense the disturbance in the Force.)

He had to bite back a snort of laughter afterward. “Sh—I have a feeling there’s an uproar going on at the Sanctuary right about… now.”

(Third time, Alex!)

Right on cue, he felt something buzzing in his pocket—he was pretty sure it was either Ethan, or Jack that had sent the message about how there was a loud, raucous outburst back home.

Either way.

“I wouldn’t want to rip off Cian’s gimmick since his thing is weather. That’s the thing.”