twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 17:30:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alexanderbase"]
[attr="class","alexander1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","alexanderimg"]

[attr="class","alexander2"]

it pains him greatly to learn what has come of the morningstars. how they perished in the battle of mossdeep along with him despite his best efforts. despite the sacrifice of his own life. it's a pain that was rivaled later in sootopolis when he had asked to deliver a message for him.[break][break]

it's a pain that is rivaled again now when he learns of what she has done in littleroot.[break][break]

despite it all, he seeks her out for his own selfish reasons. there must be an explanation for her actions, a reason that would justify them. something, anything that would vindicate her.[break][break]

the door to the familiar tea shop closes behind him. his voice softens instantly.[break][break]

"freya."[break][break]

[attr="class","alexander3"]
[attr="class","alexanderpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 17:42:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the herbal blend steams. she sits cross-legged on a pillow, hands numbly holding a mug too hot to touch. her gaze is empty, shoulders drawn. her black cloak has slipped off one side; her skin prickles with gooseflesh when the door to the shop opens, brushing the cold over her. 

she looks up. another of pacifidlog's residents plucks off gloves and shoves them into his coat pocket. he finds a seat. freya goes back to her staring. 

the dragonfruit is sweet and lovely on her tongue, though it scalds her. she welcomes the warmth, and the pain. 

with the border down, her dragons have been able to fan out into further waters. they don't prefer living off fish, but she does not believe she will find any sanction with the league anytime soon. despite how justified her cause. 

nails scratch the bar. she touches the glass bottle at her neck. the black scale shimmers over her cream sweater. she takes another sip with a grimace. 

more cold sweeps over her shoulder and she finally has the sense to draw the cloak up and around herself. but her fingers freeze; the mug in her free hand nearly slips from her grasp. she recovers, sets it down, and closes her eyes. 

i am freya morningstar. my father gifted me my salamence when i took the family name. my mother was a prolific archer.

"isn't that the old champion?" she is startled out of her grounding exercise by the furtive whisper. she stands suddenly, turns, and the shock on her face is riddled with confusion and disbelief, with a weary wariness plagued by too much disappointment. 

she does not trust herself. she does not trust this.

she forgets about the rest of the world. "who are you?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 4:26:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

whispers turn into murmurs, murmurs into grumbles. hushed tones echo through the small confines of the lonesome tea shop that once housed two of the league's finest. now, they are nothing but shells of their past. remnants of what once could have been.[break][break]

"alexander stone."[break][break]

the old champion. as though it means something.[break][break]

behind him, through one of the windows, his flygon stretches its wings out wide, yawning before it grumbles and lowers to rest. viphi.[break][break]

daring to bridge the space between them, he steps forward.[break][break]

"i'm so, so sorry."[break][break]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 20:09:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he steps forward and she has no response. storm meets an achingly familiar green. she realizes suddenly, with a sudden intake of breath, that she had forgotten to breathe. in her periphery, a flygon's wings flutter.

this must be a lie. 

or she's finally lost it. an ugly laugh crawls its way out of her throat and she draws her cloak around herself, saying as much, saying, "i've finally lost it. that's it. i've finally lost it."

several pairs of eyes stare them down. someone has their phone out. she crosses the rest of the distance and she stares hard at him, mouth a thin line. 

she flinches at the apology.

"you're not...him. you can't be him. no. no." she ducks her head, leaving the quiet onlookers behind. stands outside the threshold and stares at the flygon. recognizes the nick on the membrane of her left wing. unmistakably viphi. 

the floating town's sidewalks cannot hold the weight of a salamence of lyune's size. but near the shore as they are, he can stand at full height in the surf. so he does now, waves lapping at his underbelly. his wings unfurl and smoke curls from his nostrils as his forked tongue tastes his mistress's distress. 

she mounts and she waits. "take me back," she calls to him, for surely he's followed. "if it's really you, take me back to where you found me."

where you begged me to come make a difference and i didn't and you left and i let you die. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 9:35:16 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

no words could soothe what is irreparable so he remains silent, simply watching someone he never thought he would ever see again. but here she stands, staring him down as though he were a ghost.[break][break]

when she moves past him, he follows, but not without paying a nod of respect to the patrons of the tea shop.[break][break]

following her lead, he mounts his flygon, then nods at her request.[break][break]

"okay."[break][break]

back to where she had been hiding.[break][break]

they take off.[break][break]

even without guidance from the sage twins, he finds the island soon enough, cutting through clouds as he makes his descent.[break][break]

he dismounts the moment they touch down. he turns to dote on his flygon before looking up to watch her land as well.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 3:34:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's true. it's true and it hurts. it's true and it might kill her. how many times she's said she won't come back to this island, she's lost count. it's different than when he last saw it. hell, it's different since she last saw it. 

that almost-kiss on the beach, his likeness fading like a ghost come dawn. 

grass has since grown over the scorch marks that once marred the earth. beach grass bobs at the lapping shore. even what remains of the dilapidated shed, burned down as it was, are overgrown with what the piteous island has to offer. 

she looks into lyune's eyes as she dismounts and she asks him silently for answers, of which he has few. his tongue forks. he raises his head. his tail curls and he steps forward. metal clinks; alexander's mechanism helps furl his wings.

he brings his snout down to the man, tongue flicking, and then closes his eyes in a bow. 

freya crumples.

"i've said goodbye to you...so many times." 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 15:41:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

his palm reaches out to return the greeting, feeling the warmth of her salamence through its scales that have grown rougher, aged with time, but the strength it radiates is still second to none.[break][break]

taking a step forward, he presses his forehead against lyune's, eyes closing as well before turning to look at freya.[break][break]

"as have i."[break][break]

he takes a step closer.[break][break]

"i drifted in nothingness for what felt like an eternity but not once did i think i would ever find my way back."[break][break]

he looks at her with a sense of longing.[break][break]

"i lost hope, and for that i am sorry."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 3:13:35 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she buries her face in her hands. her palms press against her eyes in a meager attempt to stop them from burning. but too soon there are warm tears slipping down her cheeks, an agonized howl stuck silent in her throat. raw agony - everything she hadn't felt when he died, everything she wished she could have felt when he died, comes flooding through her. 

drowning her. she hunches forward, fingers curling, threatening blood. hot, wet anger fueled by self-loathing. 

"you -

"you fucking -

"you left me -

"you let me -

"i've done such -" 

horrible, horrible things.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 9:00:50 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

in the midst of her anger and despair is guilt that threatens to drown him as well. he is quick to raise his walls but it does little to stop them from breaching. guilt leaks through the cracks made by each word she speaks; each more painful than the last.[break][break]

you left me to fight on my own.[break][break]

he bites his tongue.[break][break]

you left me to die.[break][break]

"freya..."[break][break]

you left me.[break][break]

whatever little distance remains between them is closed. he pulls her into an embrace, composure faltering ever so slightly.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 4:33:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she sinks against him like she had before. like she had the day that she returned to this accursed plane, like she had when she'd found him then - with a ring on his finger and a devotion to a different her. mixed up feelings wrestle inside her and she bites her lip so hard she threatens blood.

she grasps for him, tense fingers pulling on his back. she buries her face in his neck, hissing away the pain, teeth glancing off his collarbone.

no apologies are blubbered. she can't will the words to come; nothing encapsulates how sorry she is. there aren't enough words to tell him what she did, or why she did it, because she can barely understand it herself. 

so they sit and she sobs and she is so, so happy. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 5:46:33 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

they melt into each other, sinking down onto the warm sands that they had once found themselves on many moons ago except this isn't another version of himself. he is alexander stone, hoenn's protector.[break][break]

hoenn's champion.[break][break]

time passes in a blur before he eventually pulls away ever so slightly, enough to look her in her eyes.[break][break]

still unable to find the words to say, all he does is smile, faint; warm.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 3:09:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

between them is could have beens and should have beens and most importantly, can never haves. how long has she craved his embrace? how long has she desired nothing more than to sink into his arms, stare into green eyes, and know that everything will be okay? he became nothing but a dream and dreams always, always fade. 

now, her heart aches for someone else. 

but she can't bring herself to disentangle. she can't bring herself to put more distance between them. not after her skin, her soul, her everything has been in mourning for what she never had. 

she meets his smile with a brilliance of her own. more tears slip past her cheeks and she makes an annoyed noise in the back of her throat as she wipes them away.

"i feel like you're going to fade away again," she says with a shaky laugh. catches herself at again. shakes her head. "we have...so much to talk about." 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 14:57:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he does not think anything odd of again, his mind too tired to drift away from what truly matters at the moment: her.[break][break]

a similarly shaky laugh escapes him as his hands move to hold her face, thumbs smoothing over tears in a valiant attempt to wipe them away.[break][break]

"we have all the time in the world now."[break][break]

a fact that means so much to him.[break][break]

"i'm not planning on leaving again."[break][break]

not that he had planned the first time, but still.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 21:37:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he wipes her tears away and suddenly she is aware of how near he is. she is cradled by his warm hands, peripherals obscured so the only thing in her vision is him. him and his bright green eyes and his kind face. the weight of his words have her leaning her cheek into his hand, her own taking his jaw, thumb brushing against his lip.

"i am not the woman you remember," she whispers. "time, if it's meant for us, will show you all of my shortcomings, but right now it's important i tell you what i never said. what i agonized over after you were gone.

"i loved you, alexander. i don't think i ever stopped loving you and i don't think i ever will, but i..."

she takes his hands, draws them from her face, and holds them in her lap. "after you died, i found a way to love someone else."

her breath is shallow now. she hasn't even said as much to yet. is she really so foolish to hold onto these words, these professions, again? he'd think this so utterly ridiculous, and that alone makes her smile gently. 

"but i know this for certain, selfish as it may be - i cannot lose you again."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2023 8:19:22 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"..."[break][break]

through it all, he is quiet. he listens with all the attention of the world he could muster and more because that is what she deserves. it is the least he could give her.[break][break]

her confession, even if it is followed by words that stab his heart, brings a smile to his face. he nods, letting his gaze fall to his hands on her lap.[break][break]

"i know. i think a part of me always knew."[break][break]

but, obviously, he could not and did not want to act on it for his heart belonged to another.[break][break]

"i cannot lose you either."[break][break]

his mind wanders, circling back to a point he has yet to overcome.[break][break]

"is he who i ran into in sootopolis?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights