awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 23:16:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he does not return her confessions with a mirror of his own, but she doesn't expect him to. it's kinder this way, him sparing her another painstaking dwelling on what could have been. she does not follow his gaze. 

she looks on kindly upon the arch of his brows, the way the shadows fall over the bridge of his nose and his cheekbones. and she knows at once that she loves him fully, and wholly, and that he could be the unmaking of her that no one else ever could. 

but she trusts him. he will not pervert her like fernando had. he will not hoist her with puppet strings and pull the veil over her eyes. 

she chuckles, purses her lips. "yes." where alex carries a softspoken demeanor, lovely and soft, king is all angles - she's no doubt his crass mouth and callous edges had made themselves known in the scant moments the men had shared. 

"it seems i have a penchant for loving monsters. not sure what that says about you," she muses. he'd been privy to her affiliations with the rocket beast as well. not much has changed, has it? 

the thought is comforting.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 7:32:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alexanderbase"]
[attr="class","alexander1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","alexanderimg"]

[attr="class","alexander2"]

his encounter with had been brief, kept that way on purpose as they were fighting against time. because of that, he knows little of the man beyond his affiliation with team rocket. he's yet to look into him either, mind unfocused ever since returning to the land of the living.[break][break]

he will find it easier to focus after today.[break][break]

"not that i'm judging..."[break][break]

a chuckle already escapes because what he's about to ask definitely sounds like he's judging.[break][break]

"but why?"[break][break]

why him? why rocket?[break][break]

[attr="class","alexander3"]
[attr="class","alexanderpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 23:31:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he hadn't asked after emma when she'd told him. he'd taken it with a quiet acceptance, acquiescing and recommending only that she stay safe. she looks past him at the beach, thinking back to the alex she said goodbye to - the one whose disappearance drove her mad enough to carve her way into someone else's heart that very night.

"he saved me," she says quietly, and it feels very much like a betrayal. 

because hadn't alex done the same thing? hadn't he desperately tried to draw her from this island to save her from herself?

"like i said, a lot of things have happened since you've left...i - i need some time to think about all of this." her mouth twists, fingers squeezing his tightly. "but above all else, you cannot trust ."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 16:53:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he saved you like i had done?[break][break]

here they stand on the very same island where he had fought to bring her back from the edge of oblivion. even then, even if his heart feels as if it's in utter disarray, he does not fault her for any of it.[break][break]

"i'm glad he did."[break][break]

his fingers return the squeeze as something akin to protectiveness rises within him at the mention of the councilman.[break][break]

"what did he do to you?"[break][break]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 5:26:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

but it wasn't the same, not really. alex would have molded her, would have shaped her - and maybe after all was said in done, that's what she needed. but instead she had to fight tooth and nail and king didn't leave room for mercy or weakness or emotion. she asked for a monster and she got a monster in return. 

only, in the end, they were both kidding themselves - they were just two people fighting for a reason to see the dawn.

she leans forward, eyes closing, and draws herself down, feeling small. shame creeps hot on her neck. she tucks her forehead against his chest and swallows through the knot in her throat. smells him and aches for him and hurts all over again for months lost. 

"it's...it's complicated. just trust me, okay? for now, just trust me. i promise - soon i'll be able to say it." she winces. "i'm still sorting it out myself."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 16:26:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

an exhale escapes when she tucks her forehead against his chest.[break][break]

"okay, i trust you."[break][break]

his hand falls over her head, caressing her as he holds her.[break][break]

"there's no rush, freya. i'll be here when you're ready to tell me, i promise."[break][break]

he won't disappear again this time.[break][break]

"for now, this is more than enough."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 3:47:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

three words she's dreamed of hearing from him again. three words she's known she could never live up to, not in all her days. she doesn't deserve this; she doesn't deserve him. 

and she has so much to tell him, and so much to ask him, and she's so sure if she blinks he'll disappear. 

but all that aside, she allows herself to slip into blind complacency. to, for the moment, accept that this is all this has to be. this is all they have to be. here, and present, and more than enough.

her lips suddenly form a small o, realization startling her back. she reaches for a pokeball, one that's scratched and worn, well-loved, like lyune's. 

"i watched after him for you." she owed him that much. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 10:17:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

it takes him a moment but he soon recognizes the pokeball. sees the chip in its paint and knows it to be of his salamence.[break][break]

his heart sinks and rises all in an instant.[break][break]

"i feared he might have died with me."[break][break]

he remembers flying into battle with undros. oh, how they repelled wave after wave of megalopolans. they were a fearsome sight, no doubt, at least until he got tackled and ripped into shreds by a buzzwole.[break][break]

a warm smile grows as he reaches for the pokeball.[break][break]

"how is he?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 16:30:32 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

what a strange sentence and stranger still is how unaffected they both are by it. life and death are more closely entangled than they thought possible and here they are talking about it like they're commenting on the weather. 

she splays her hand open and the ball rolls a little in her palm. once it's plucked away, there is a warmness that fills her. she can't help but smile. 

but that smile is still weak and small. "as well as he can be. he's still grieving. being with others of his kind has helped, but only so much."

she looks over at lyune where he has settled back on his haunches, ever watchful.

"fly with us," she says, nodding towards the ball.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 16:56:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

there's a slight hesitation in the way he rolls the pokeball between his fingers, how he seems to be delaying calling out his salamence. but given the situation, can he really be faulted for it?[break][break]

he had died and abandoned it the same way he had with her and everyone else.[break][break]

her smile, no matter how weak and small it might have been, helps him. the pokeball bursts open, and from it comes an old friend.[break][break]

"undros."[break][break]

he is first met with a hiss, then a sniff, and finally, acceptance. the salamence nudges its head against his chest. and again. and again. all the while letting out the smallest sounds of joy and sorrow and guilt all at the same time.[break][break]

"i missed you too," he says as he raises the salamence's head high enough to press his forehead against it.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 17:17:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the hiss makes lyune rise. old ties and older friends mean nothing to the dragon when his mistress' safety is at stake. but undros' tail flicks and as the familiarity shocks through his body, it's made clear he's of no threat to either of them. so lyune settles back down, though turns his head as freya leaves alex's side to approach him. 

he leans into her outstretched hand and a rumble gathers in his throat. her two companions deserve a moment of privacy for their reunion so she steps up his bulk and slides into his saddle. her boots fit into his metal stirrups and as one, they unfurl his wings. 

the ground shakes as he lumbers forward. his tail slams hard into the ground, giving him extra momentum as he launches himself up and into the air. wings snap down and the world lurches, gravity threatening to tear them back down. but lyune claws upward, muscles straining exuberantly. he exhales flames as they tilt his wing, circling above their companions. 

now, somberness left abandoned on the ground, freya grins down at alexander, laughter bubbling in her chest. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 17:28:21 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

not long after they reunite, he finds himself falling into the same patterns and routines he once shared with his salamence. the way he mounts to the way he coaxes and controls. it all feels second-nature. like riding a bike.[break][break]

laughter bubbles from his chest as well as they take to the skies. despite having two capable wings, undros' ancient age forces him to slip behind lyune, making their flight path just that much easier.[break][break]

eventually, they break through the clouds before coming level. his smile is bright and full as he looks over at her, joyful.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 17:45:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
muscles rolling in tandem, wind whipping over their scales, her starlit hair. sunlight peeks through the clouds and they chase these ribbons playfully. when the thwump-thwump of their companions reverberates from behind, freya twists in her seat. she beholds alexander and undros and a fire gathers inside of her. 

lyune continues their steady ascent. a fluffy cloud swallows them whole, leaving freya's hair and clothes damp, lyune's blue scales sparkling with droplets of water, when they break free and emerge on the other side. 

alexander rises to join them and they've nothing below them but the rolling blankets of clouds, turned golden by the sun overhead. 

this is where we belong, she thinks.

she catches his eye and laughs. mischief tickles her and she tugs on lyune's reins. he twists upward, gaining height over them and then suddenly tucks in one wing. they barrel roll over undros. pale eyes are wide with joy as they come so near to alex. a flashing smile, an audible chuckle, outstretched hand to gently boop his nose, and then they pass.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 4:09:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

this is where we belong, he thinks. but the world has not been kind to them. they will be allowed this moment and nothing more, and for that reason, his heart aches. breaks.[break][break]

his hurt is hidden behind the thrill of the moment that's almost enough to sweep him off his feet.[break][break]

all he does is chuckle and flash a smile in return, one equally as joyful if not more.[break][break]

and then they're off, following after them as undros' wings tuck in, body practically slicing through the air as they speed up. faster and faster until they soar past them, winds whipping.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vindication
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 5:08:28 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
and so they fly together as they had before - tangentially and as passing ships. the sun beams down brightly upon them and the brilliance surrounding them has her squinting her smarting eyes, effervescent joy buoying her. 

lyune's bellows are of ancient satisfaction, a sense of belonging to this world above their own. she sinks into the crevice of his neck lovingly and stares out at their companions. 

alexander and undros are awe-inspiring in their own right and watching them share their dance makes her laugh until she's crying. that longing she's never been able to shake, that sense of something missing, is gone now. 

eventually, as mighty as they are, the salamence tire. so they glide down near pacifidlog's shores. lyune lands heavily and settles down into the ground with a flexing of his claws. his rider leaps nimbly from his back, laughing as her boots land hard on the gritty ground. 

"oh, alex, i wish we could forget it all," she says, still breathing hard. "forget everything and spend every day like that. like this." and then she catches her breath, and herself, and shakes her head. 
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights