awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 22:04:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he steps out for a break and she is quick to follow. after fading into the background, casually sipping at her drink, eyes never leaving his back as he interacted with guests - people she recognizes, but most she doesn't. that's the point of all of this, isn't it? 

her mask is still donned, dress fitting neatly to her body. the air is cold outside, but she does not shiver. she slides next to him at the cocktail table, under the heater, and tilts her champagne glass towards his. 

"would you be honest with me if i asked you something?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 22:12:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MONGER

a glutton for war

AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION IS WHAT CARRIES HER APPEARANCE. for fernando does not recognize freya for who she is. here, surrounded by cellophane masks, she is just another covered by smoke and veil. such attractiveness severs the connection between her and her name—a trait he never attributed to her on the basis of her other labels taking precedence.

when she comes around once more, to steal his attention by her lonesome, alcohol tempers both caution and patience.

indeed.

he tilts his champagne flute in her direction. left to hang. open for a clink.

should it prove reasonable.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 22:18:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he's a fool not to recognize her. she is here wearing her namesake, garbed in what makes her her. and if he cannot parse that, then he never knew her at all. 

(or is that wrong, freya? or are you the one staring at a stranger playing pretend in the mirror? were you more yourself with starlight hair painted black, jaunted rail-thin arms clasped around a deteriorating body? you still wear that same smile, don't you?) 

a chime as their glasses touch. serendipitous. celebratory. sweet and lovely. 

her lips tilt. "were we friends?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 22:23:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MONGER

a glutton for war

GLASS TOUCHES WITH A RESOUNDING CLINK. a symbolic ring for the puzzle pieces to shatter into complete disarray.

proud of his own disguise, a cover that omits his most defining feature, he assumes their anonymity is reciprocated. for her to ask and expect an honest answer would require both his recognition and vice versa. something he doubts.

he blinks behind the shield of white clothe.

do you know who i am?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 22:28:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she sighs gently. it's as much an answer as any. storm-blue eyes flicker beneath her draconic mask, shifting to look over the balcony. the cherry heat stretches over her face, bathing half of her red and gold. 

"who people are - you can't hide that. not when you've moved in their orbit as long as i have yours. but that's just it, isn't it? we're all just circling you." she traces the rim of her glass with her finger. the silver adornment of claws draped over her hand glints in the light. 

"the sun doesn't care for the things that worship it."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 22:35:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MONGER

a glutton for war

HOW OMINIOUS. even her speaking patterns elude him. wherein he is as obvious as his vocabulary, freya remains mystique. a better look at her dress of choice only makes that decision harder. in the same vein of and wearing a gown to match their patrons, who does he know what would champion the scales of a sandslash?

no one worships me,” he corrects with a click of his tongue. “anyone within arms reach knows better to spare me anything but pity.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 2:40:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"then let's play a game," she says. she swirls her glass around, which you're not supposed to do. but there's something funny about the way the bubbles pop and fizz and tickle her chin. funny about the way none of this is funny at all and her crestfallen heart is a betrayal most foul. 

"you ask a question and try to figure out who i am. and no asking easy ones like who are you? and i promise not to lie."

another sip. "i give the terms. now you give the wager."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 3:30:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MONGER

a glutton for war

“FINE.”

fernando accepts with little protest. the whimsical nature of her request preys on a long night. a whirlwind of inconsequential conversation that result in a prompt exit. the dance with , the conversation with , even the ‘ debacle’—prime reminders that he is truly alone.

a person who finds solace in strangers rather than esteemed company. a floater without stability. a martyr who walks the path of ‘doing the right thing’ at the cost of ‘saying the wrong words’.

and now he faces someone who walks that fine line.

wager your heart.

he look at his glass. at the very bottom that refracts off colored light and sparse bubble.

forget who we are—what we were—and share the night with me.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 3:44:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she is thankful for the mask. up until recently, she would have sworn she had no heart left to give. but the very request makes it stutter, pulse quickening as she feels rough hands on her shoulders, gracing her cheek. tempered steel and barely restrained anger, so much anger. the two of them searching for that red string that ties them together against all odds. 

would that mean severing it? or at the very least, fraying it? even if it's just pretend? 

"fine," she says. "you have my word."

haven't they said all this before?

"well, go ahead," she says. a waiter approaches with a tray of champagne and she takes two, offering one to him to replace his near-empty glass.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 3:49:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MONGER

a glutton for war

“HM.”

that in itself tells him a little bit about her. not enough to warrant a guess, but enough to slash through a couple suspects on his list. those who’ve sworn off fernando make up a decent handful. a chance guess at is eliminated outright.

he takes her offer but lets it warm in his hand. the empty one is sidelined on the table next to him. subtle and forgotten.

what makes you question our friendship?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 3:58:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya, however, takes a plentiful sip, now that she's polished off her other glass. now the bubbles pop neatly in her stomach, making her hazy. making her think slowly and languidly as to how best answer his question without giving too much away. 

"friends are supposed to stand by one another no matter what."

not take advantage of them when they're grieving. not turn their backs on them when they need them most. not abandon them in their most dire hour of need.

"we were both pretty bad at that."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 4:05:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MONGER

a glutton for war

OBSCURITY KEEPS THE GAME FRESH. she has his curiosity by the hook and he has no intention of letting go. silence flounders at the end of her line, focused on his own contemplation. that question alone should be enough to angle out a surplus of hoenn’s people.

how many people has he wronged? the answer is four to five, max. but consider for a moment how many people think or feel that they’ve been wronged? that opens up a single digit answer well into the hundreds.

so you abandoned me,” is more a guess than question. “did i hold it against you?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 4:11:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

with one hand, she drums her fingertips on the table, jewelry clacking. the sharp nails leave divots in the tablecloth. with the other, she worries her wine glass. her lips purse. 

"how quickly you turn solely to accusation," she says slowly, sighing. "but no, i don't think so. i almost think you expected it."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 4:15:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MONGER

a glutton for war

“OH?”

her distaste spins an interesting perspective. her answer however doesn’t narrow down his answers in the slightest. it’s expected though, her answer that is.

his behavior is predictable and her assumption rings true. the problem people have is understand him. which is why he’s so hard to read, supposedly. once they get past that, fernando is just as formulaic as anyone else.

what else am i supposed to derive of someone who didn't stand by me?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
monger [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 4:20:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she tilts her head. her vulnerabilities crack open across her skin, leaking acrid smoke, tinged with pink. madness gnaws at the back of her brain, scarred by an icy landscape. she teethes her lower lip. 

"maybe you hadn't stood by me." she raises her glass again, but graces a smaller taste now. just enough to keep the haze, but not enough to get sucked in. 

she cannot forget that this is not a friendly game.