twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 16:19:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alexanderbase"]
[attr="class","alexander1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","alexanderimg"]

[attr="class","alexander2"]

home used to be anywhere as long as he was by her side. the definition still remains but he cannot ignore the divide between them his death has caused. for that reason, at least for now, home is the devon estate in rustboro.[break][break]

it's late enough into the night that they manage to sneak in without waking any of the staff up. what remains of them, anyway. soon enough, they find themselves wandering through the halls of the estate before ending up in the kitchen.[break][break]

warm lights flick on to illuminate the space around them.[break][break]

"are you hungry?"[break][break]

[attr="class","alexander3"]
[attr="class","alexanderpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 16:28:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she had come to know their own personal little bubble as the concept of home.

since his death, she has been forced to relearn it again and again. sometimes it is a person. sometimes a place.

and while her mind has always circled back to his face and the love he has shown her, she has begun to erase it over with something new.

the lights flick on and she lets her eyes wander, adjusting to the warm glow with a few blinks.

”a little bit.”

she remembers the last time they had cooked. they ate dinner later than they should have that day…

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 3:00:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

even if it has been literal years since he was last here, everything still feels in order and in place. he tugs open the fridge to see it fully stocked, ingredients almost untouched. they likely continued with their routine, perhaps not wanting to deviate because doing so it would mean being forced to move on.[break][break]

it brings a smile to his face. he'll have to greet them properly later.[break][break]

"i'll make us something to eat."[break][break]

almost too easily, he starts moving around the kitchen, slipping back into the same movements and patterns as he prepares their dinner.[break][break]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 3:04:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he moves around the kitchen naturally, as if he hasn't been dead for over a year.

it's odd, she realizes, to see him as domestic as he had been before the war. she's still not fully certain if he's not just a trick of the eyes... or a clever hallucination of her perceived afterlife.

and as she settles herself onto one of the counters, she swings her feet idly.

"do you want any help?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 4:11:48 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

glancing over his shoulder at her, the sight of her sitting on the counter just watching him is a fond one; one that is reminiscent of far simpler times. his smile is visible even if it's hidden behind the curve of his shoulder.[break][break]

his head shakes.[break][break]

"no, that's okay. this won't take long."[break][break]

the silence that quickly envelops them isn't minded. to him, it surrounds them and forms their little bubble which he takes comfort in.[break][break]

it does not take him long to finish cooking. soon, he approaches her with two plates of spaghetti aglio e olio with sous vide duck.[break][break]

"ready."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 4:39:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she returns his smile after a moment of hesitation, of distraction still clinging to the mind like sleep clings to eyes.

"okay."

and after a few minutes, their bubble is back in place as if it never left.

it saddens her, in a way. the familiarity squeezes at her heart until she wants to hurl.

she jumps down from her perch on the counter once he approaches, hands already moving to take one of the plates from him.

"it looks so good."

it smells good, too. she had forgotten how great of a cook he was... her stomach growls at the thought.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 15:54:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"i have been craving this for so long."[break][break]

over two years, to be exact. even if there is no need to eat or drink in the land of the dead he still feels familiar cravings and pangs of hunger. it's safe to say he's been dreaming of this moment for far too long.[break][break]

"i am so glad i get to share my first meal back with you."[break][break]

and with a smile, he gestures and leads them to eat at a small dining table still in the kitchen. it sees the most use whenever he's busy and has to rush through a meal.[break][break]

his first bite is nothing short of whimsical, flavors like something out of a fairy tale. he breaks into a chuckle.[break][break]

"holy shit."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 19:40:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"are you?"

she knows, on some level, that he's telling the truth but her mind looks for holes in his statement. ways to prove they are no longer what they were.

and in the end, she might not find any.

she follows him to the table and stays quiet as he digs in. a moment later, she does the same. she gets through the first bite before letting out a soft laugh. this is familiar, this is comfortable... this is their old bubble back in action.

"that good?"

her tone is teasing, amused.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 8:51:13 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"of course."[break][break]

who else would he share his first meal back with? he can think of no one else. no one but her. but that could simply be attributed to the fact that she's sat across him right now along with how she was the one who brought him back.[break][break]

to live, and to hurt.[break][break]

"that good."[break][break]

and as he finishes up his meal, he looks up, taking her in for perhaps the first time since they ventured back into hoenn. it's only then that he notices the subtle differences in the way she looks, in how she holds herself, and in how she looks at him.[break][break]

"how have you been, illie?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 14:52:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she despises the question as soon as he asks it of her. despises the way it makes her feel small and broken and still the shell of a woman he had left behind when he left this existence.

and she knows it’s not his fault — it’s hers — but he couldn’t possibly know what has happened since he left or the pieces she’s cut herself on trying to put together some semblance of normalcy without him.

she takes too long to answer. she recognizes the hesitation in her bones. she’s afraid she might choke on it eventually.

”better now.”

lie lie lie. it’s all a lie.

her walls have come up against him for the first time in what feels like forever. time has eroded them. the road to recovery is not easy. she will make it hell for him.

”are you happy to be back?”

she looks to change the topic, to deflect and distract and hide away. as she does, she shifts in her seat and one of her newer scars, the one from sea hoenn, comes into a partial display.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 10:53:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"in a way, it feels as though i had never left."[break][break]

what he really means by that is the fact that he's been stuck and tethered in this world only to be called upon at 's behest. he had been at the mercy of the councilman's whim, and for that reason, he did not get much rest in the afterlife.[break][break]

whatever peace may have awaited him, he never found.[break][break]

"but, yes, i'm happy to be back."[break][break]

not a lie.[break][break]

"i'm sorry, illie, for leaving you. i had been careless at lilycove. took risks i shouldn't have and, well, paid the price for it."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 17:24:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she exists in a state of silence, of processing and buffering and never quite loading all of the data.

his apology lands quickly. it comes with guilt. she can't discern if it's his or hers.

and her expression settles into a practiced neutrality, a learned trait from the man before her. she had been mirroring his expressions and concepts as if that would have kept him any more alive than it would keep him dead.

even now, disbelief still swarms the brain. it makes her irritable, irrational.

"why are you apologizing?"

everyone leaves. everyone dies.

she cannot count solid members in her life on a single hand.

"decisions or not..."

her eyes drop to the food on her plate. the pasta, while enticing, churns her stomach. she attributes it to guilt.

"i -- you would have stayed alive if i hadn't gone to meteor falls instead."

she had begged him to go with her, she thinks. she had pleaded and it didn't do a thing. she had ensured the survival of the meteor falls squadron but it didn't make a goddamn difference.

and her allegiances have always been placed on the wrong people. has she not learned from his death? is she still making the same mistake she had back then?

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 17:42:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"it would not have made a difference."[break][break]

which is not a slight on her and her abilities. his demise hadn't come from not being able to gef medical help in time. he had been skewered, essentially, and ripped apart by a buzzwole all in an attempt to save a couple of lives.[break][break]

alexander practiced what he preached, and no one could ever tell him otherwise.[break][break]

"but it doesn't matter now. what's done is done."[break][break]

or in their case, done and undone.[break][break]

"i know things aren't the same now, they likely never will be, but i still love you, illie. time and death have not changed that.[break][break]

he suspects nothing ever will.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 17:52:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her expression shifts into one of thinly veiled pain.

it's hard, she realizes, to talk about this. even now... with so much time having passed, it is not any easier than she had hoped.

the wound is still open. it will not close.

and with his confession, she's wondering if he'll bleed her dry.

she can't quite look at him in this moment. her eyes stubbornly stay pinned to her food.

"i'm not the same person i was."

the woman he had loved... she was innocent, naïve, good.

and the woman she is now is greedy, self-righteous, coming apart at the seams.

would he still love her after knowing what she's done? what she's doing? what she will do?

"i'm not good anymore, alex. i -- your love is wasted on me."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
a broken home
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 10:40:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"neither am i."[break][break]

he's not the same person he once was. no longer is he alexander stone, councilman, gym leader, champion, and ceo. he has been stripped of his titles, left to be nothing more than himself.[break][break]

alexander stone.[break][break]

"why do you think that?"[break][break]

[/newclass]