awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pogchamp
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 1:29:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her boots are wet. she'd had the sense to drape a long rain jacket over herself; despite it only drizzling, the water still gathers quickly when flying at a comfortable altitude for a salamence. the goliath dragon lands heavily in a grassy field, lifting the sweet fragrance the town is known for. 

she slips off his back, tucks him back into his ball, and tucks her hood down as she walks into the gym. the smell of petrichor is replaced by sweat and sanitizer. water drips from her coat and she grimaces down at the muddy tracks she's leaving behind. 
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
pogchamp
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 6:07:28 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
When Freya arrives, Noah is quick to greet her. Rain, mud and all. He isn't disturbed by the tracks. The drip of droplet on gym floor. Such messiness is a brief and welcome wrinkle to the mundane; it is a suggestion that the region continues a little longer... in spite of drought, rain, rocket and apocalypse.[break][break]

"Welcome, welcome! Totally honoured to have you here, Ms. Morningstar." Noah says. The formalities are cut by the occasional squeak of sneaker against flooring.[break][break]

Gym trainers come to attend to her. They come to receive her wet coat, should she desire to relinquish it.[break][break]

"I'll lead you to the ring." Noah says as they walk. "Don't worry about the mud. People track it in all the time. Kinda futile to clean it after every single challenger... you ready?"[break][break]

He asks, hands against heavy double doors that lead into the arena.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
POG TY FOR PATIENCE / CAN START BATTLE RIGHT AWAY IN YOUR POST IF YOU WANT (VIA SMALL TIMESKIP) OR IN NEXT ROUND[break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/PDPNKPV/takeruicon.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pogchamp
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 3:36:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"oh." and relinquish it she does, albeit slightly awkwardly. she shrugs out of the oversized coat and turns her attention back to the gym leader. he walks with languid yet confident strides; again, she's overcome with the realization that here is another passing ship in the span of their careers. 

aside from silph and ivanov, he's one of the longest-standing and reliable gym leaders the region has seen. 

said realization should be daunting, but it only makes her lips curl. she thumbs lyune's ball thoughtfully as the gym doors yawn open. the field is a ring, caged and cramped. she'd known as much when submitting her pokemon.

fafnir will excel, but... she glances down. lyune is enormous. his strength lies in his ability to throw his weight around. curiosity, however, has gotten the better of her. if he's to keep his edge, he'll need to fight backed into a corner. he'll need to fight at a disadvantage. 

so within those bars, he's the first to emerge. he shudders at the enclosure, hissing violently, eyes narrowing at their adversary. 

freya walks around his bulk until she can see noah on the adjacent side. a braid falls over her shoulder as she nods - ready.

freya sends out lyune
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
pogchamp
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 22:33:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"damn, your salamence is beautiful." noah says, both hands palm up as if to appraise the weight of its battle-worn experience. "you're not gonna make it easy for me, huh?"[break][break]

from the other side of the ring, noah whips his pokeball against the cage. the capsule cracks open; a red bolt lunges outward like light streaming from the crystalline heart of a geode.[break][break]

a FLAMIGO manifests on the field. staring with a deranged eye, the pokemon's body is lithe and squiggly: a diminutive dash of pink before draconic excellence.[break][break]

in this moment, the flamigo reminds noah of himself.[break][break]

the ring bell dings.[break][break]

"minnie, move in quick! cover your advance with AIR SLASH!" [break][break]

the bird ascends from the canvas with a feral caw. as it soars toward 's SALAMENCE, it swings its neck to and fro like a pendulum-scythe to deliver scathing, potentially flinching blades of wind.

[break][break]

FLAMIGO uses AIR SLASH on SALAMENCE while APPROACHING[break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/PDPNKPV/takeruicon.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pogchamp
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 18:06:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
rather quickly, it is apparent that this will become a test of endurance for the centuries-old dragon. as well as a test of patience and, most importantly, control. his nostrils flare and smoke pours from them as the acid in his throat drips in anticipation, catching on embers. the onslaught comes quickly and he has no room to move out of the way.

"i could say the same for you," she says with a grin.

scythes of air beat down on his hardened scales and his claws flex, tail lashing. the iron bars clang, but do not bend. though typically unaffected by flyers, this one hits hard

the air finds its way into old, exposed wounds where his scales have ceased to regrow. lyune flinches, drawing his wings in as tightly as he can to his body; their leathery frames are most vulnerable to the attack.

"steady, lyune." when it comes in for its next attack, that is when they will strike.

lyune flinches!
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
pogchamp
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 8:56:33 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"aw shucks." the banter freya reflects bubbles against noah's shy smile. [break][break]

noah watches the salamence draw its wings close. he's unfamiliar of what the dragon defends. which vulnerabilities lay behind its leathery cape. however, noah understands that the movement is purposeful and deliberate. [break][break]

this is no flinch-induced recoil.[break][break]

noah is trained in such ways too.[break][break]

"don't stop!" noah shouts, lifting a fist. "DOUBLE KICK. try to strike his head!"[break][break]

the flamigo swivels around with its long legs. one kick attempts to help the bird pokemon climb up lyune's wings, while the second kick seeks a landing on the dragon's skull.

[break][break]

FLAMIGO attempts to use DOUBLE KICK - first kick to lift bird up to be in kicking distance of salamence's head for the second kick.[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pogchamp
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 23:46:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the gale summoned by the pale pink bird is subdued and still lyune lies in wait. his trainer looks hungrily upon the field, her human adversary completely forgotten as the bird flies upward and into lyune's blind spot. freya's tongue presses to her teeth. lyune's forks from his mouth. 

and as the second kick comes down, freya's sharp hiss makes lyune's pupils narrow. tensed muscles, coiled like an elastic band, snap all at once and his serpentine neck twists. an array of jagged teeth flash, cheek fins expanding. 

the low whistle in the air is abruptly cut off as fire catches in the dragon's throat, billowing past his open maw.

lyune is hit at least once by double kick
lyune uses flamethrower
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
pogchamp
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 5:42:54 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
at the flash of fangs, the flamigo's neck lunges in reverse. but the flames come quickly, a wreath of scarlet heat wrapping around the bird's body.[break][break]

feathers burn. the flamigo's unnerving yellow-ringed gaze cringes with pain.[break][break]

"chop the neck!" noah shouts.[break][break]

the bird flips backward, wings flapping once to keep it in the air. its head swings toward salamence's neck like a pendulum blade for a THROAT CHOP.[break][break]

hopefully, it would stifle the flames enough for the flamigo to retreat. but the flamigo's on its last leg.[break][break]

it cringes again, this time with a BURN.

[break][break]

FLAMIGO HIT + BURNED / VERY HURT / THROAT CHOPS SALAMENCE[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pogchamp
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 3:52:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
he's done well this far out of his depth. freya loses focus on noah entirely, too enraptured watching her companion's wings ripple in frustration. her own shoulder blades tense; if she would allow it, he would burst through the bars and take to the air. 

as it stands, he bites around the embers in his mouth, spitting as the flamigo moves to deliver a devastating blow to his thick neck. freya tongues an order in a language of their own and brilliant shimmering scales coalesce from his belly armor, crawling desperately up the side of his neck. 

the last ditch protect rewards him with a cushion to the blow, but still a shudder lances its way down his body. he stumbles to the side, hissing angrily.

"your bird packs quite the punch," she comments. smoke still plumes from its scorched feathers. 

lyune uses protect (somewhat successful)
is bad off
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
pogchamp
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 2:23:48 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"yeah, there's gotta be something in paldean water. she's nutso." noah says of the flamigo.[break][break]

however, before the bird can act again, a twinge of fire wreathes its pink plumage. the BURN takes it down to the canvas with a thud. still, before it loses consciousness, the flamigo's yellow eye twitches as it defies forced rest.[break][break]

the bird is recalled.[break][break]

"happy to see you represent hoenn's dragons with your friend there."[break][break]

noah says with a grin. he tosses his pokeball and an annihilape emerges from the cracked capsule. it lands on the ring with a heavy crash.[break][break]

"guess you're repping hoenn in a way!" the gym leader shouts his command immediately after: "move in quick! use THUNDERBOLT!"[break][break]

the ape surges forth, chains rattling from one of its wrists as a bolt of electricity cackles from the cuff.

[break][break]

FLAMIGO FAINTS / ANNIHILAPE SENT OUT & USES THUNDERBOLT[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pogchamp
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 3:01:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
it makes her wonder just how much potential her baxcalibur has. now, though, is not the time or the place to contemplate these things - lyune is bad off. flakes of translucent scales fall as the rest of his hastily built protect sheds off of him. 

what the hell is that thing? 

she's slow to call and her hesitation is what costs her and lyune both. the primeape bounds forward and the hair on freya's arm rises as electricity sparks. lyune, likewise anticipating another close quarters punch, misses his snarling bite by a mile.

she grimaces. you're repping hoenn in a way!

the thunderbolt sizzles as it connects with his bared shoulder blades, crackling as it hits the metal supports on his wing. he bellows in pain, thumping that wing agitatedly into the ground.

freya does not let the attack finish scorching its way down his body. he's recalled in a sudden flash of red light. in his place is fafnir. in the time it takes for them to swap, she looks the creature over desperately for any sign of its typing.

all she knows is she can't give it space to move like that again. 

"move in, faf. fire punch!"

lyune is recalled as he faints
fafnir sent in
fafnir uses fire punch
freya goes HUH at monke
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
pogchamp
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 5:10:47 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
noah can not discern her grimace through the cufflinks. the bolt and wing. not that it would matter; should he have seen her wince, he would have landed on some other assumption.[break][break]

"take the hit, leonard!" [break][break]

the annihilape huffs and receives the punch head on. a hard thwack forces the ape staggering back. from the dragonite's fist, a wreath of flames flares on its tough fur.[break][break]

"good!" noah says, his smile teetering the rope between masochistic and mischievous. "RAGE FIST!"[break][break]

anger pumps in its veins. makes the blood heavy. the annihilape charges forth with brutish speed. with a crazed face, it leaps onto the ring's chain-link wall, using it as a rattling launch pad before diving toward the dragon with a raised, dense fist.

[break][break]

ANNIHILAPE PUNCHED / RAGE FIST ON DRAGONITE ATTEMPTED[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pogchamp
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 19:40:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the ape is quick and spry. she's little doubt it could duck under fafnir's lumbering steps in comparison. but instead noah calls for it to take the hit. fafnir's flame-wreathed fist connects with leonard. tendrils of its fur flutter up, tinged with fire, and her follow-up call shifts drastically when she realizes its wan complexion is reminiscent of a dragapult. 

in such close quarters, fafnir would have seen backlash, but the hyper beam she'd about to cry from her lips is swallowed back down.

now the tables must turn. fafnir stands stolidly, fists still raised, wings half-flared and awaiting orders. the monkey rattles the cage and freya licks her lips.

whose rage is more devastating?

"show it fury." purple light sizzles up fafnir's spine, spilling out underneath his scales. his draconic core plumes. a primal hunger explodes from him as they come together in a tangle of catastrophic rage. he swings, blow after blow, and freya knows only one of them will walk away from this when it's all said and done.

fafnir is hit
fafnir uses outrage
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
pogchamp
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 23:43:21 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
noah's whole body leans forth. he craves to see how the dragonite and its trainer will respond. with nowhere to hide, with no distance to salvage, one must stand their ground.[break][break]

that is how noah feels, after all. feels on hoenn. after having been displaced for so long, the gym leader refuses to pull the tiniest roots he has set in this region's soil.[break][break]

the gym leader calls upon his annihilape to meet the challenge. draconic fists meet haunting haymakers. the barrage almost feels as if it'll meet no end.[break][break]

but eventually, the annihilape falls: caught by the dragon's relentless rampage after a risky PHANTOM FORCE.[break][break]

noah recalls his annihilape. he presses the warm pokeball against his cheek, a proud smile gracing his sweaty face before he pockets it.[break][break]

he leaves his podium and saunters over to freya. in his hand, the knockout badge catches stagelight beams.[break][break]

"hoo! you showed me what's up." noah rolls his arms. cracks his neck. "and you showed me exactly what i wanted to see for the knockout badge. your dragonite and salamence were some of the fiercest dragons i've ever seen."

as he reaches for a water bottle, he says:[break][break]

hoenn's lucky to have them."

[break][break]

ANNIHILAPE FAINTS[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pogchamp
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 0:08:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
when all is said and done, fafnir is left tottering on his feet, but he's still standing. the rage still glitters over him, bright purple muted into a reddish mauve, tinged with exertion. his fangs drip; spittle rests on the edge of his lips.

she recalls him as soon as noah jumps down and signals the end of the battle. while he approaches, she looks down at the ball, fingers tightening. how she yearns for days like these, where strength was as simple as collecting gym badges.

"thanks," she says, drawn from her more somber musings. "i miss casual battles like this. and now i know i need to brush up on my paldean pokemon studies."

she takes the outstretched badge with a smile and squeezes it tight. hoenn's lucky to have them.

"and really. thanks again, noah."