lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 6:28:16 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Challenge number two…ready to roll.[break][break]

Or he hopes that’s the case, anyway. Usually, he’s decently punctual but he for some inexplicable reason, he’s running slow today. Or well, okay no, that’s not true. He knows why he’s running late and it’s because (per usual) he failed to wake up on time. Then failed to correctly estimate the time it would take to fly from Slateport to Fortree for an early afternoon battle.[break][break]

So hopefully he’s not missed his shot this time around to take on the gym leader here.[break][break]

Parting ways with , he gives him a swift kiss before recalling his pidgeot and leaving him to go find the spectator area. That leaves Lam to practically burst through the doors to approach the main desk where a receptionist was waiting.[break][break]

“Hi,” he breathes out, tentative smile curling at the corners of his mouth, “I’m supposed to be here for a gym match?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]                         [break]
so so so sorry for the delay![break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pidove color-shiny"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shinx color-shiny"]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C5JJ4RJm/0-C08-FDFD-538-B-4081-8-ABC-D35-B5-B86-FD12.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzob69fc7 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 18:27:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

What was up with all his receptionists not being at the front desk lately? Oh, that’s right—Ethan was running errands for the little old ladies who lived in the retirement housing area on the opposite side of the city; while Claire was busy down with the little kids at the local Trainer’s School giving a few lessons on battle.

For it was Alexei who looked up directly from the small pile of papers that were left behind and blinking.

“Whoa, hey, catch your breath,” he began, standing up and holding out his arms. “You’re here for—oh, you’re Lam?” he confirmed as he stepped out from around the receptionist’s desk.

“Come on, catch your breath and let’s go out back. Don’t be nervous!” he continued. He could tell there was tension in the air and here was here to diffuse it!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 16:13:02 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Green eyes grew round as it clicked that the man at the desk was the gym leader himself. "Oh! I didn't realize," he said with a breathless laugh as air slowly returned to his lungs.[break][break]

"Yeah, Lam. That's me." He nodded, following Alexei's lead. "Glad to meet you, erh..sir?" Was that how you addressed gym leaders? He wasn't sure. He hadn't called sir, but then again, Lam was pretty sure he didn't call him anything. Though he had been called a little pogchamp. Which he was still trying to make sense of, really.[break][break]

"I'm good!" No nerves here! Well, that wasn't wholly true. He still had some match jitters. It was still a new thing, despite his training and practice matches with others. And definitely not like the act of catching pokemon out in the wild.[break][break]

Still, though! He was more excited than anything else. Particularly because the fortree gym and its gym leader held particular interest for Lam in and of itself. Simply due to shared preference in birds and flying-types.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C5JJ4RJm/0-C08-FDFD-538-B-4081-8-ABC-D35-B5-B86-FD12.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzob69fc7 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 19:04:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh my god please don’t call me sir, you’re making me sound way older than I really am,” he cracked, unable to resist the bubble of laughter that escaped him.

“But yeah, let’s go out back, I can’t wait to show you the—the everything,” he continued as he led the way towards the door on the right side behind the receptionist’s desk and opened said door, letting him step outside first and then closing it behind him once he was done.

The moment they were both outside, as if on cue—a swarm of shadows came circling around the open-air arena, before a rather substantial number of avianid Pokémon came perching down and around the space—some of them had even come to perch around the fence perimeter!

“Confirm with me, it’s a 1 on 1 or a 2 on 2?” he went on as most of the larger avians continued to circle above the arena, waiting to be called down from the skies. The Pelippers were in full force today—accompanied by the smallest Wingull that sparkled faintly in the sunlight.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 1:47:32 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

That laughter was infectious, and Lam found himself laughing along as he shook his head.“Alright, no more sirs.”[break][break]

He followed in anticipation, eyes bright. “I’m looking forward to it!” But saying as much was nothing compared to actually seeing the space in real time. Openly gawking, his face lit up in obvious delight.[break][break]

Birds everywhere. Phenomenal, superb, the best.[break][break]

“It was 2 on 2, if I remember correctly!” Though he could probably manage 1 on 1 alright if need be. His glance had fixed itself upward as all sorts of avians drifted through the air. “They’re everywhere…it’s amazing.”

Did he sound a little dreamy as he spoke? Absolutely.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 18:42:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Alright, call your Pokémon out when you’re ready. You also get the first move, too!” he added as he walked over to his side of the field where a myriad of avianid Pokémon were now congregating.

(Right now the Toucannon Armada™ was being fed, so they weren’t there—but everything else that had wings and could fly was out in seeming full force.)

He wondered, though, what would he be packing? It was important to adjust his own power output to match his opponent’s, and he wondered what Lam would be bringing to the table.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 16:42:21 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

“I won’t waste anymore time, then!” he replied, mirroring the gym leader’s movements as he came to stand opposite on the field. In two bright flashes of light, his shiny shinx and pidove joined him on the field. Poppy fluttered around his head for a moment, before landing atop of it as she waited.[break][break]

He’d been confident in his choices initially, but now…he felt a bit silly for it. Would it be laughable since they were both, well, pre-evolved stages? And tiny to boot.[break][break]

No. Now wasn’t the time to second guess his choices. They were little, but still well trained. The aim was to be unexpected, even if they didn’t hold up with longevity. That was something to learn, he supposed. But hopefully they’d do the trick![break][break]

Static crackled around the shinx as he darted forward, ready to send a SHOCK WAVE at the opponent sent his way. Poppy eventually left her perch as well–fluttering up into the sky to meet her own opposite with a RAZOR WIND.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 19:37:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Aww, a Pidove!

The other Pokémon Lam brought out also caught his eye, and he couldn’t help but grin a little—but at the same time he knew not to underestimate younger Pokémon as well!

A sudden shadow circled close to him before—wait, was that an entire fluttering of wings…

“Mike?! No, no, you’re too—” he trailed off as he saw an entire horde of Pelipper fly close, but then he realized that the shiny Shinx had caught his own shiny Wingull’s attention!

“Oh! Okay,” he chuckled quietly as the Wingull circled around—before being joined by a Yanma. Small for now, but absolutely terrifying when an entire horde of Yanmega were in the picture.

“Alright, you two, let’s go!”

Before the Wingull could yeet himself straight at the Shinx, though, the Yanma cut him off with a Detecting move; which basically functioned as a Protective screen at the same time—cutting off the Electric-type attack.

This then left the Wingull to huff a bit, before the extremely loud encouraging screaming of the Pelippers that had come out to watch their little ‘jewel’ fight bolstered the Wingull’s spirits and crashed into the incoming Razor Wind with a Water Pulse of his own.

Yanma and Wingull are out on the field!

Wingull wanted to attack the Shinx but Yanma headed him off with a Detect to block the Shock Wave attack; while Wingull flew head first into the Razor Wind and taking it head-on, before countering with Water Pulse!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 22:13:33 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Lam looked up as the huge flock of pelipper drew close overhead. “Woah…”[break][break]

The sight was also a bit daunting, especially as the persistent little shiny wingull swooped down for the battle. He hadn’t forgotten quickly the harrowing experience of having to bolt from the Lilycove docks to get away from the chase of a dozen hangry wingull a few months prior.[break][break]

It seemed Noodle hadn’t quickly forgotten, either. The shinx darted to the side as the green-tipped wingull dived in, but it was the yanma that drew his attention and fire. When the SHOCK WAVE was blocked, he was only emboldened to push forward.[break][break]

With a meow that made it obvious he was a bit big for his britches, the little feline pulled down a pulse of THUNDER from the sky– aiming for the air directly above the yanma as he darted into its shadow on the ground below.[break][break]

Confident that her attack would push back the other oncomer, Poppy was smacked back by the WATER PULSE as the wingull cut through. Twittering in annoyance as water droplets soaked her silvery blue feathers, her small wings worked double time to shake the dampness free.[break][break]

“Okay Pops, show ‘em how tough you are!” With another trill, the pidove surges forward as energy charges up around her. She sails straight toward the wingull to tackle him with the power of a DRAGON HAMMER.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 22:03:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

What Lam didn’t know (or maybe he did?) was that his Yanma had a particular ability, which only made the little dual-type get faster with each turn—while it wasn’t as obvious now, wait until several turns had passed then it would be utter hell trying to hit the Yanma with an attack due to how ridiculously quickly the thing was flitting around!

The little one had half a second warning as the crackling in the air quickly made him get out of range—before a loud rippling noise shook the area—it was a Bug Buzz attack!

Even the momentary cringe on Alexei’s face betrayed the fact that he wasn’t a fan of this attack—what with the way the noise reached particular levels of hearing and made his teeth chatter.

Unfortunately the Wingull didn’t know anything that was weather-relted, and so was battered off-course with the sudden force of the incoming attack from the Pidove—even then, wasn’t there something that correlated size to the power of the ramming attack that the other avian had done…?

Shaking off the surprise on his face, the Wingull let out a singular loud squawking noise, before ramming back at the Pidove in a blur of a Quick Attacking motion!

Yanma gets out of attacking range by dodging the Thunder attack before letting rip a Bug Buzzing noise; while Wingull took the full force of the Dragon Hammer attack! Undeterred, the seagull sasses back with a Quick Attack!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 22:30:02 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Lam unfortunately knew nothing of the yanma’s ability, and was therefore a bit vexed as it continued to dodge attacks sent its way. Not that he let this show, or used it as a means to let up or give up the effort to eventually catch the bug-type in a bind.[break][break]

The shrill sound that coursed through the airwaves impacted the shinx with his keen ears most of all. Quickly, Noodle was crouching, paws curled over his head to blot out the sound to little effect as the two birds continued to batter against one another in the air above.[break][break]

“Switch up!” Lam called out, hands cupped around his mouth to be sure both pokemon heard him over the lingering ringing of the yanma’s bug buzz. His own nose had wrinkled up from the shrill sound, though Poppy looked largely unbothered by it. Noodle, however, shook his little head again–large ears flopping side to side as he tried to dispel the fuzziness that lingered in his hearing from the attack.[break][break]

He still received the command, and darted away from the yanma’s shadow. As his pidove twisted backward through the air as a result of the wingull’s impact, a quick VOLT SWITCH had the two switching opponents as he shot a burst of electricity at the water-based avian.[break][break]

Once Poppy had righted herself, she flew wide in an arc, trying to catch the quick yanma as she unleashed a rippling HEAT WAVE through the air.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 20:03:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei felt like there were so many eyes on the back of his head as he was minutely aware that all of his Pelipper were watching their spoiled little sparkly child do battle—and a collective cawing, screeching noise rose from the back as the Wingull walked flew straight into a trap!

“Mike,” he began without taking his eyes off the battle, “…can you tell everyone there to keep quiet?!”

The small avian let out a screech, flight pattern dipping low—before flapping his stubby little wings as hard as he could and releasing a surprise Water Pulse attack towards the sparkly little Shinx—finally, the shiny on shiny showdown would begin!

Back where the Yanma zipped around, the Speed Boost only made his equally-small wings vibrate all the faster—yet his eyes were keen, spotting the incoming Heat Wave attack and quickly Detecting the best way to dodge out of range and keep flying!

(And picking up speed.)

Wingull gets smacked with the Volt Switch head-on, however is stuborn and doesn’t give up! (All his Pelipper dads are watching, okay)

Wingull opened fire with Water Pulse aimed at the Shinx (shiny-on-shiny battle!) while Yanma’s Speed Boost kicked into gear, allowing him to use Detect to deflect the incoming Heat Wave attack!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 20:52:26 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Noodle screeched as a dousing WATER PULSE was sent his way. He scrambled, darting away from the onslaught—though some of the torrent still caught his hindquarters. Jarring with the electric-type, static and sparks crackled around him as he grumbled low and irritable.[break][break]

But that wasn’t where Lam’s own concerns rested.[break][break]

He frowned as he watched the zippy little yanma manage to evade a third attack. Without any lock-on sorts of moves, how in the world were they meant to catch it? He studied the field, years of working with his father in the wild allowing him to somewhat turn out the honks and caws of the pelipper flock.[break][break]

So, it seemed a calculated risk was in order.[break][break]

Poppy refused to let up as she darted through the air in attempts to catch the yanma. Feathery wings drummed up wind beneath them as she twisted with a flurry of chirps and sent an AIR SLASH hurtling at the yanma.[break][break]

But it was no more than a distraction—as Poppy worked from the air, Lam instructed Noodle from the ground. “Assist!” The shinx was quick to temporarily abandon his beef with the other shimmery pokemon. Rather than aim at the wingull, as pidove above provided a move for the yanma to dodge, the shinx sent up a THUNDER WAVE intending to stun the buzzing bug before turning back to the green-tipped seabird.[break][break]

Out of sight, but not wholly forgotten—even if turning tail briefly allowed the wingull more precision.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 18:06:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The little Wingull was quick to sweep in, allowing himself to get hit by the blades of wind—but not faltering in flight pattern—before the surprise attack came screaming up at them! The Wingull was blown off-course due to the force of the attack, but hung on tenaciously.

To counter that move, the Wingull then disappeared in a Quick Attack in an attempt to distract and throw off the Pidove, before squawking in the Yanma’s direction.

“Brace yourself!” were the only words he whistled from his side of the arena, as the Yanma then flapped their wings as fast as possible, using the Steel Wing attack to disperse and repel the incoming Thunder Wave as much as possible.

If there was going to be one survivor—it would be the Yanma, hopefully.

Wingull tanks the Air Slash attack for the Yanma, falling in flight course but not out of it yet! Wingull then used Quick attack to separate the Pidove from the Yanma. Meanwhile, Yanma used Steel Wing in an attempt to repel the incoming Thunder Wave attack!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
homing pigeon [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 19:23:30 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Despite the bid to have the two Pokémon tag team the yanma, Poppy was successfully distracted by the wingull sweeping up and taking the hit before speed blurred it in quick attack. The pidove swooped after the wingull as it dropped lower in the air and careened to the side.[break][break]

Diving down, her small feathered body charged with draconic energy once again as she swung into a DRAGON HAMMER that sought to drive the other little bird all the way down to the field below.[break][break]

Meanwhile, he watched on as the yanma’s wings began to gleam silver as it sought to use steel wings. “Don’t let up!” Lam instructed the shinx, intent on not giving the yanma room to peel away from the onslaught. The small feline was similarly focused, yowling as he let out another crackly pulse of THUNDER WAVE at the yanma immediately after the last.

[break][break]