CIAN MAHER
i tried
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:07:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

it has not been an easy few weeks for them.[break][break]

for days after their trip to the border, cian had spent most of his time in rustboro holed up in his apartment. he took sick days for the first time since his appointment but rested very little, instead spending most of it processing. grieving, in a way.[break][break]

but that period is over now. he's returned, ready to mend some bridges. there's only really one he cares about which is why he invited her over to his place to spend some quality time together.[break][break]

when knocks sound on his door, he calls out from the kitchen:[break][break]

"one sec!"[break][break]

dressed in his chef's apron with little castform patterns on it, he jogs over to the door and swings it open to greet his partner with a smile and a hug.[break][break]

"fuck, it's so good to see you."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".cian"]--accent:#cbb898; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1012967721866108938/icon-08.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote b, .cian blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .cian blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cian blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
i tried
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 5:34:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Every relationship faces its fair share of highs and lows. Penelope's felt no different in that regard. But cracks riddled hers, deep-rooted and frantic, sprouting out from one wholehearted realization that struck down to her core.
[break][break]

With a bated breath, she knocked on the door with hard, solid raps.
[break][break]

"It's good to see you too."
[break][break]

Cian wasted no time tugging at her heart. Tight arms coiled around his torso, returning his hug gratefully. It felt dirty accepting such love after the things she'd done behind closed doors. But this was it. One of their lasts.
[break][break]

"What's that smell?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
i tried
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 5:39:49 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

cian's not nearly insightful enough to know that something is off. her hug feels the same as it always has to him. he never has his defenses up around her anyways. she's who he feels most safe with.[break][break]

"lasagna! or at least it's supposed to be. it's my first time making it so not sure how it'll turn out."[break][break]

he chuckles as he pulls away but not before giving her a quick kiss on her cheek.[break][break]

"it's in the oven now but it should be ready soon. do you want anything to drink?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".cian"]--accent:#cbb898; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1012967721866108938/icon-08.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote b, .cian blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .cian blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cian blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
i tried
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 21:49:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A kiss on her cheek. Another one of their many fleeting lasts.
[break][break]

"No, I'm fine. Thank you."
[break][break]

It's with a heavy heart she steps into the same apartment that would soon become a hazy memory, tucked in the back of her mind. She looked around, committing each piece to memory - those bookshelves were the same ones they built together. From the picture frames to the set-up game consoles, Penelope's fingers had traced every bit of this apartment in some way or another.
[break][break]

She helped him move in, and now, she'll never be the one to help him move out.
[break][break]

"So what's the special occasion?"
[break][break]

Penelope gestured to the cooking lasagna with a forced lighthearted chuckle.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 11:18:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"oh! that."[break][break]

he mirrors her chuckle though his never has to be forced.[break][break]

"it's my way of saying sorry for kinda ghosting you this past week, and also for being so pushy with the expedition stuff."[break][break]

there's a softness in his voice he reserves only for her.[break][break]

"it wasn't your fault. none of it was."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 14:50:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Oh.
[break][break]
Guilt gripped at her heart with force. Nails piercing the flesh of her palms, all the good circulating around the apartment had been turned against her, each piece its own mini arsenal of harsh memories. All Penelope stifled the shudder threatened to emerge from his words.
[break]
[break]

She didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve any of this.
[break]
[break]

"You weren't too pushy, Cian," she frowned, shaking her head. "I was the one in the wrong. Not you."
[break]
[break]

A heavy pause spaced her words. There was no point holding it in. The longer she waited, the worse it got.
[break]
[break]
"But, actually, I wanted to talk to you about something, if that's okay."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 5:09:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

the heavy pause she takes allows him to slip in with more words that look to reassure her but are likely doing the opposite. but it's not like he could tell.[break][break]

"it's whatever. it's in the past now so let's just move past it, alright? i love you too much to continue to fight over it."[break][break]

i wanted to talk to you about something. dreaded words for most couples, he imagines.[break][break]

"oh shit, that's never good."[break][break]

he laughs, nodding.[break][break]

"of course."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 7:17:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

For the last time, her hand found his, fingers curling into one another. The warmth Cian radiated is enough to dizzy her, forcing her unsteady.
[break][break]

For so long, she'd been the one vowing to scorch the earth for his protection, and yet, here she stood, a gun pinned to his temple. To think she'd be the one to pull its trigger.
[break][break]

Still, Penelope steeled the churning of her stomach long enough to make the journey to his couch. Not theirs. Forever just his.
[break][break]

"Here."
[break][break]

A soft sigh trickled out.
[break][break]

Leaning into the cushions, fingers furling and releasing in a constant state of motion, Penelope breathed life into the dreadful words she'd been carrying.
[break][break]

"Cian, you know I love you, right? Really, I-"
[break][break]

She forced herself to swallow. These conversations were never easy, especially for her.
[break][break]

"You're just so amazing. More than I deserve."

[break][break]

Say it,
the words bore into her mind, impatient.
[break][break]

"But I think we should break up."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 7:52:39 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

oh.[break][break]

that's worse than anything he was expecting.[break][break]

"we should...what?"[break][break]

his ears go numb as his brain falls behind, unable to process her words as though doing so would help prolong the inevitable.[break][break]

"so...you love me, you think i'm amazing, but you want to break up with me?"[break][break]

he blinks, looking at her with wide, confused eyes.[break][break]

"why?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 8:12:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The trigger had been pulled.
[break][break]

Blood spewed out from the hole it carved, but it wasn't enough. Shakily, she held onto its handle, heart pulsing against her chest. Every second became an hour, a minute a day.
[break][break]

"I-"
[break][break]

I fucked up.
[break][break]

The words she meant to choke out kept balled up in her throat, too heavy to push out. It made her wonder, at that moment, was it all worth it? Was he worth it?
[break][break]

"I'm sorry, Cian."
[break][break]

No.
[break][break]

"on our mission just now in the border...we kissed."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 8:25:18 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

we kissed.[break][break]

those two words are more than enough to rip open past scars. they wound him, she wounds him, and he's left having to scramble to stop the bleeding.[break][break]

his expression falls.[break][break]

no words escape him. just tears that he quickly wipes with the back of his hand.[break][break]

he can't will himself to look at her.[break][break]

"...did anything else happen?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 8:34:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It hurt.
[break][break]

So much of this hurt.
[break][break]

And it was all her fault.
[break][break]

"No, nothing else."
[break][break]

There was no telling how far her assurance would go. If his love was a currency, she expected it spent, gone the moment her admission left her cracked lips.
[break][break]

Fingers curled into fists, her nails dug deep into her palms, letting the physical pain subside the storm that roared inside. It took every fiber of herself not to throw her arms around him. To wipe away his tears and make promises of a better tomorrow.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 9:03:18 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

she's the one, he remembers saying to once upon a time.[break][break]

he had gushed to everyone about how lucky he was to finally have met the love of his life. the person he would spend every waking minute with. the person he would have given everything up for.[break][break]

tears continue to leak out.[break][break]

"penny..."[break][break]

not babe or love or anything of the sort.[break][break]

"...how could you do this to me?"[break][break]

it had taken everything in him to overcome his fears and trust her.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 9:23:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"...how could you do this to me?"
[break][break]

The words stung. The emotions burning pieces of melted tar poured onto her, thick and heavy layers, she felt herself melding with the ground, skin peeling down to the bone.
[break][break]

Her throat, brackish and raw, struggled to crock at the bubbles of explanation that begged to pool out. More than anything, she wanted him to understand; it wasn't him, it was her. It was always just her.
[break][break]

"Cian," She rasped, fingers winding into the cloth of the couch. Like when they watched their first movie together, and it got a bit too gruesome, so she turned away, and he pulled her into him, shielding her eyes from the revolting gorefest until it fully passed.
[break][break]

"I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
i tried
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 4:42:33 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck come on get it together."[break][break]

nothing seems to be stopping the tears from flowing out. even as he mutters reassurances to himself, they keep coming, breaking through the toughness he's trying so hard to hold.[break][break]

shaky breaths are taken as he continues his spiral.[break][break]

"i'm sorry penny i'm so sorry that i wasn't good enough for you maybe if i was this wouldn't have happened and and and—"[break][break]

he sobs.

[break][break]