Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 23:15:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"The forest! Someone's chasing us a- and they've tried to taze-"[break][break]

The second Eris' voice cut off in that pitiful little whimper, Isaac started preparing. The second her voice cut out in a pitiful little whimper, he said nuts to preparations. Six Pokemon was all he needed. Midnight the Poochyena and Griffin the Yanmega would help him track. Willow the Phantump navigated forests with practiced ease. Charles the Rapidash was a clinic on legs, and if worst came to worst would be able to help heal any of Eris' injuries. Echo the Ralts, ever-faithful, could help warp him out of any trouble he encountered. And Luck & Pluck, his ever-loyal Aegislash?[break][break]

He was for when Isaac found the scumbag who did this.[break][break]

The second the squad was assembled, Isaac had Echo warp him to a familiar grove. With Eris' arrest, it was likely that Rosmontis' deception had come to an end. However, the forest was still home to both Eris' companions and the wild Pokemon that paid her visits. It was both a sanctuary and a grounding for directions. After all, the forest was deep, dark, and full of uncertainty. Eris could have been anywhere within its seemingly endless sprawl.[break][break][break][break]

"Willow. Find the wanderers and the mischief makers," Isaac said, making the (perhaps foolish) decision to let his guide out among familiar territory. "Ask them to help us search. I'd do it myself, but . . ."[break][break]

"I can't keep her waiting, damnit. She needs me!"[break][break]

The Phantump's big eyes flickered with worry, but she understood. Nodding once, she faded into the trees in search of kindred spirits. That left Isaac and the others, as eclectic of a band as ever, to their lonesome.[break][break]

Griffin flew fast and far ahead of the pack on scouting runs, her large eyes scanning the ground below for anything amiss. At times she stopped, letting her vibrating wings Detect anything amiss. Midnight stayed closer, her nose twitching as she tried to pick up on scents familiar and unfamiliar alike with an Odor Sleuth. With her remaining close to Isaac, and Griffin checking out the area ahead, getting lost would be very difficult.[break][break]

Charles trotted behind them, Isaac sitting atop his back and Echo perched atop his shoulder. In his hand he bore Luck & Pluck, the blade's eye-shaped pattern darting around as even he joined the search for Eris. He looked almost like a questing knight, something he may have joked about had he been in any mood for it. Yet, much like a questing light, his focus was singular and his will was ironclad.[break][break]

He couldn't change Eris' past. But maybe, just maybe, he could protect her future.[break][break]

He had to.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 23:37:25 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The explosions have long drawn the attention of the forest dwellers, both wild and friendly pokemon worked up and swarming around the woods. So it's no wonder that a Zeraora leaps down from the tree, growling as she roughly cocks her head to the left. Then, just as suddenly as she appears, she veers left, long gashes left in the earth as she claws her way through the dense vegetation.[break][break]

If he follows, he'd be led to a rocky hill, the stench of rust hanging heavy in the air as he approaches. A familiar light-haired child stands at the top, rocks rattling and clattering down the hillside with every move she makes.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 2:52:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The second something jumped down from the trees, every neuron in Isaac's body demanded he swing. Luckily, every neuron in his sentient sword refused to move. That brought Isaac enough time to cool his jets, avoid turning into Conan the Barbarian, and realize that he was standing face to face with a familiar friend.

"Mitts," he confirmed, his sword hand no longer twitching. "Boy am I glad to see you, buddy." Not that Isaac had much time to let that gratitude show. Before he even finished speaking, Mitts was already gone in a rampaging blur of yellow.[break][break]

It was Badge #0 all over again. Follow Mitts, and try not to get mugged.[break][break]

Unfortunately, instead of Theft Town, they instead took a detour to Murder Mountain! The smell of rust made Isaac's nose twitch, both from its acrid unpleasantness and from what it represented. "No," he muttered, spurring Charles on to ride faster. "No, fuck, come on, this can't be happening . . ."[break][break]

It was Griffin who noticed first, a sharp buzz stealing Isaac's attention. He looked up, following the path that Griffin was indicating with her tail. Relief flooded his body. It was Eris. She was okay. It wasn't the end.[break][break]

She was also on top of a cliff for some reason. Isaac spread his arms, making room for Midnight. Once she was accounted for, Echo booped his shoulder, making room for all of them to teleport up to the girl's current position. "Thank Arceus, you're alright-" Isaac started, so caught up in his relief that he almost didn't notice . . .

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 3:40:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]A familiar voice prompts the girl to look over, her hands still fidgeting with the broken clasps of a backpack as something red drips from the ends of the straps. She gasps, chokes, opens her mouth but never finds anything but a pained whimper. Tears burn at her cheeks, colours drained from her skin as she shakes.[break][break]

"Rosie? I can't find any evidence left by the culpri- Rosie?"[break][break]

A electronic voice calls from somewhere nearby, colours glitching over a broken phone screen.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 4:16:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The second she tried, and failed, to open her mouth, Isaac knew the truth. Her other half communicating through phone only cemented that fact. This was Rosmontis, the true Rosmontis, and she was desperately searching for her beloved trainer.[break][break]

Unfortunately, judging by the broken backpack she held, the worst may have happened.[break][break]

Isaac refused to believe it. This wasn't how Eris' story ended. Not like this. Not while she was still so young. Not at the hands of a mysterious culprit, the mere mention of which got Isaac's grip on Luck & Pluck tightening.[break][break]

Softly, he set a hand on Rosie's shoulder. "I'm going to find her," he said, not willing to even entertain the idea that he couldn't. The mere thought made him want to fling himself off of that cliff in turn. "I swear on my life."[break][break]

He wished he knew what else to say or do. But how do you comfort someone about their trainer almost dying? Their trainer, a literal child? Almost wasn't something to give into. Almost was something to rally against with all of your might. But he hoped at least his promise would be able to help bring Rosie some manner of peace.[break][break]

Next, he headed to the phone screen, ready to encounter Rosie's other half. "It's me again. Are you okay? And can you tell me what happened?" Eyeing the broken phone screen, he thought for a second, then fished his own phone from his pocket. "You can borrow mine for now, if you need to."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 4:49:46 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The promise is made but promises mean nothing if they aren't carried out. Rosmontis tries her best to stifle her voice, but despite her best efforts, the low howls still echo across the hill.[break][break]

"Eris told us she would be visiting, but she was late and we got worried." Koios begins, readily detaching himself from the broken phone and hopping over to the offered device. "While we were searching for her, there was a huge explosion and we ran as fast as we could."[break][break]

As it integrates himself into the new system, it begins to upload several files into 's device - Muffled voice records, fragmented as they preserve bits and pieces of Eris' broken pleas. There's guttural yelling, an unidentifiable mess of words that explode in volume and suddenly die off.[break][break]

"Mesprit should have been with her... and the psychics around here have reported feeling her anger. But we don't know where they've gone."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 5:10:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]This may have been a controversial opinion, but Isaac firmly believed that children shouldn't explode.[break][break]

He went to go play the audio files, but before he could he remembered the agonized Zoroark currently patrolling the mountain. Maybe antagonizing her wouldn't be his finest move. Instead, Isaac fished around in his pocket, pulling out some earbuds and slipping him into his phone. Not only would he spare the Zoroark's feelings, but he'd also get a clearer picture of the situation.[break][break]

And, boy, did Isaac wish he hadn't.[break][break]

He expected to hear Eris' broken pleas, but that didn't make them any less heartwrenching. Hearing her afraid, begging, downright terrified . . . if there wasn't a mystery afoot, he would've just deleted them outright so they couldn't keep haunting him.[break][break]

Stranger still was the voice that Isaac heard. The words were unidentifiable, Eris' broken phone and the culprit's distance from her making them more of a staticky mess than anything. Mostly, it was just a mass of increasingly furious shouting, becoming increasingly incomprehensible as it went on. Was it damage to the phone? Or had the assailant stopped trying to even form words?[break][break]

This was useless in its current form. And yet, something in the voice felt all too familiar. It was as if Isaac knew those screams, as if he could picture himself in Eris' shoes any time they crashed into his ears. But why? Why did he think he recognized this voice? Who in the world did he even know that could've done this to a child?[break][break]

The assailant wasn't the only thing familiar. Psychic type Pokemon mentioned feeling Mesprit's anger, and Isaac was strangely relieved to hear that she was with Eris. A memory played out in his head, hurtling down from atop Zephyrus' back to save Eris as she fell through the Border's endless skies. He'd used a trick had pulled off to rescue him during a fall of his own, a burst of Extremespeed atop the dragon's back to defy terminal velocity. Unlike him, Isaac had less experience and no idea how to pull out of his descent.[break][break]

Mesprit had intervened, teleporting them to the safety of the ground before he needed to put his piloting skills to the test. If she'd rescued Eris before, surely she could have done so again.[break][break]

"Echo, you're not just a psychic. You're an empath. Think you can try and chase that anger down for me?" Isaac asked. The Ralts saluted, the tuning fin on his head trembling as he tried to find any remnants of Mesprit's wrath. "Rosie- er, Koios. Do you know if Eris has any safe spots Mesprit would warp her to in case of emergency?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 9:32:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Koios blinks as plugs in a pair of earphones and plays it as soon as he's ready, little icons dancing across the screen that spell out its thanks. At some point, the pretender Rosmontis finds a bloodless spot and crouches down, burying her face within her hands.[break][break]

"I just wanted you to know that... from what I'm gathering from the pokemon that witnessed it, the person that attacked is someone that has challenged this gym before..." The Rotom's voice buzzes through the earpieces, "And we've already sent others to check the usual hiding spots, but no news thus far."[break][break]

As for Echo searching for remnants, he will find the entire area drenched in the pixie's rage, unable to discern anything save for a madness that lingers - In the bloodstains that paint the field, in the boulders that have slid all the way across the hillside. But perhaps, he finds something strange, a faint trail that cuts straight towards the edge of the cliff and gathers in one swirling mess.=

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 14:11:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Midnight, whose tracking expertise wasn't exactly needed here, looked forlornly towards the shaken Rosmontis. Approaching the disguised Zoroark, she silently rested her head against her. Midnight was more bloodhound than therapy dog, but . . . the thought had to count, right?[break][break]

As she comforted, and Echo sensed, Isaac focused on listening. There were no sightings in her usual hiding spots, and the person to attack her was apparently a past challenger. That meant, at least to a degree, Eris had trusted them. And they'd done this to her in trade.[break][break]

A Mauville gym leader, attacked in her own territory by a familiar face . . . the symmetry made him want to vomit.[break][break]

"Check for tracks, Griffin," Isaac said. "If you find any that lead here, mark the area so I can come back and check. But be careful, okay? I've got no idea if the scumbag's still there, and if they see you . . . "[break][break]

Fundamentally, splitting up like this was a risk. But Isaac refused to turn his back on Eris so he could play Scooby-Doo. Solving this was secondary, and vengeance was a sweet, sweet bronze medal. Finding Eris was his first priority. He could check Griffin's trail markers and pore over Rosie's gym records after.[break][break]

After all. He had a trail to follow, and it was a long way down. Isaac's heart and stomach sank as Echo led him to the cliffside. "No . . . " he said, even in the face of it all adding up. The broken backpack. The smell of blood. The way her psychic presence gathered, and gathered, and gathered, and stopped . . .[break][break]

He wish he brought Sanford with him. Instead, he was gonna have to do this the hard way. He looked down over the cliff, trying to gauge how steep of a fall it was, if there was any water below, and if there was anything that could catch a falling Eris on her way down.[break][break]

At least Echo was here. Once he'd studied enough, he would round up the team (minus Griffin) so that he could warp down to the bottom. Thank goodness he didn't have to jump!

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 23:21:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's a long way down the cliff, water rushing and roaring as the currents churn below. Vast amounts of red stain the spot where stands, still dripping and trickling down the rocky edges. Even as it peers through the camera angles provided, Koios' stony expression remains unchanged.[break][break]

"You'll find her, right?"[break][break]

Its voice is quiet, unnaturally calm - A stark contrast to the Rosmontis leaning into Midnight and sinking into her tears. Its gaze never once breaks even with the sudden change in space, the warp landing them amongst a pile of leaves and bushes that crack under their weight.[break][break]

The flora around them feels dead, the air devoid of any joy or sounds. The pokemon that once wandered these parts of the woods seem to have scattered, most likely chased away by the sudden explosion up above.[break][break]

"I'm not picking up anything of note."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 5:19:47 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'm not leaving until I do."[break][break]

It could take hours. It could take days. It could never happen. But if he failed here, Isaac'd never be able to live with it, anyway. He could deal with self-imposed exile until then.[break][break]

Griffin was on scout duty. Willow was rallying the troops. Midnight stayed behind to comfort Rosmontis. Isaac's party of six, including most of the trackers, had already dwindled to half its size. So be it. They'd all reunite eventually, but finding Eris was his priority first and foremost.[break][break]

Kolos couldn't find anything. Neither could Echo. Nor could any of the Pokemon of the land, who in their fear scattered across the five winds. The forest, always so vibrant and teeming with life, was dead. It was exactly how Isaac feared a world without Eris would feel.[break][break]

"Echo, please. Sense for something. Anything." The Ralts worriedly patted Isaac's shoulder, speeding up the pulsing of his sensory fins to migraine inducing levels. Clutching Echo's tiny hand, Isaac willingly took on some of the burden. So, too, did Luck & Pluck, charged to protect Isaac no matter what. Echo's Telepathy left all three of them uncomfortable, but still fully functional.[break][break]

"Reiner? You there, buddy?" His call was desperate, but where the cat was, Eris was rarely far behind. Maybe, just maybe, he was hiding her until a familiar face arrived.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 5:55:02 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Nothing - No sound, no heartbeat, no emotions, no life. No matter how far they reach with whatever powers they have, there's nothing for them to grasp. No growls or yowls for help respond to 's plea, no cough or murmur that echoes through the woods.[break][break]

Nothing that whispers of her existence.[break][break]

The churning river rushes on without a care, the currents far too torrid for a child to brave. It roars and swallows every little rock that crumbles from the cliff up above, pushing it down below the surface and ensuring they never see the light of day. Koios flickers across Isaac's screen, reduced to a small sprite devoid of any tells.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 14:12:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Echo turned to Isaac in silent confirmation, tears streaking down from beneath his bowl cut. It wasn't until Isaac felt a tingling sensation on his face that he realized these weren't Echo's tears. These were his own, picked up on and shared unconsciously by the empath.[break][break]

"Eris . . ." There was no trace of her. Not in the physical realm, and not in the intangible world of the mind. It was as if she'd vanished from existence, not just dead but forgotten entirely. Isaac heaved a little just from the thought, Charles slowing his trot so Isaac wouldn't vomit right into the grass.[break][break]

"Come on, you little brat. This isn't funny." His words were chiding, but his tone was anything but. It was a desperate, voice cracking plea, as if Isaac was hoping this was just Eris setting him up for the prank of a lifetime. "Where are you?"[break][break]

Only silence greeted him.[break][break]

"I'll buy you ice cream if you come out. And Mes. And Reiner. And everyone." Silence. "And I'll let you have it all instead of vegetables with your dinner. Shit, I'd have to figure out how to make dinner, huh . . ." Nothing answered his inquiry.[break][break]

"I'll read you bedtime stories every night. And I'll do the voices, too. Even if I get self conscious about 'em." Still more silence.[break][break]

"I'll even take you on a journey around the world. Not just all the regions, but all the world's we discovered, too. And all the worlds past those." Even that, nothing. "And whenever it gets scary or dangerous, I'll protect you, okay?"[break][break]

"Just like I should've today . . ."[break][break]

His eyes were blurred and stinging from tears. His voice was a haggard scream and a pleading whisper in one. Echo was clinging to him for dear life. By now, was he even talking to Eris? Or simply to his own hopes and fears?[break][break]

"Come on, please! Just . . . just give me a sign already, will you? Something to tell me you're okay, or even just alive. I . . . you have to be. You have to. Please!"" Was he speaking to Eris? Himself? Mesprit? Arceus? The cold, uncaring universe? "I . . . I can't lose you. Not like this . . ."[break][break]

"I . . . I love you, sis . . . Please, you have to be okay . . ."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 5:34:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The further he treks into the woods, the further he sinks into his thoughts. And the forest listens as he whispers his prayers, watches as every little piece that he fails to find starts eat at him.[break][break]

But the air is so cold, it gnaws and bites at the bones, it cuts at his cheeks and lets his tears only amplify that pain. The forest seems just as messy as his head, broken branches and leaves scattered all around. A sour smell stabs at the senses, messily dragging through the undergrowth as dirt and rocks create a faint trail.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 5:48:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]. . . Sour? That was new.[break][break]

At this point, any stimulus besides the dreary sight of a dying forest or the agonizing pain of his own thoughts was desperately welcome. "Charles, Echo, I'm not going crazy, right? You guys smelling that?" he asked, hoping that this wasn't just the hallucinations of a madman. Charles, upon wrinkling his nose, retched a little. Echo, on the other hand, perked up. Yep. That was definitely sour, alright.[break][break]

"It seems to be stretching down that path. But what could it mean?" He eyed the path suspiciously. That sour path. The one that, right now, was a distraction from finding a kid that needed him more than anyone else. He had no time for the sour path! There was a kid! Sour path! Kid![break][break]

Wait a minute.[break][break]

Motherfucker.[break][break]

"Down that path, Charles! I think we just hit our first big clue!" Isaac spurred the Rapidash along, galloping down the trail with a renewed sense of vigor. If his maddened rambling intuition was right, Reiner couldn't be very far. And when there was Reiner, there was always Eris.[break][break]

Right?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights