[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The rush down the path is spurred on by a need to know, but the further the Rapidash goes, the more uncertain his steps might become. The air here is dense, the stench now much more prominent than before, pressing down upon all those present as they dare to walk further in. And suddenly they crash hard against thin air, as if they've just ridden right into an invisible wall of sorts. Something shimmers in the area, rippling from the point of contact far beyond their ability to see.[break][break]

And just as it settles, numerous jagged rocks appear from thin air, shooting straight at .
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 21:10:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The air was dense. The smell was oppressive. Charles was nervous, Echo gently stroking the Rapidash's mane to help try and calm him down. Charles bristled a little at that; the whole "oh what a pretty pony" thing always bugged him, but in this case he didn't mind the reassurance. Everyone was kind of freaked out right now.[break][break]

They were even more freaked out when they slammed straight into a wall that wasn't there.[break][break]

Charles staggered back, letting out an irritated groan. Echo, whose warnings at the sudden psychic presence went unheeded, huffed and crossed his arms. But Isaac? He stayed at the ready, one hand wrapped tightly around Luck & Pluck's hilt and the other laying on the rim of his King's Shield.[break][break]

He waited. He watched the ripples shimmering in the distance, eyes narrowed. He listened for the sound of anything emerging from the shadows, grip tightening. He fought to still his breathing, even as the worst anxieties gnawed at his mind.[break][break]

When the rocks came, he was ready. He drew the King's Shield in a beautiful arc, parrying most of them away with a war cry. He held Luck & Pluck high, pointing them to the sky was Charles nobly reared up beneath him. He looked for all the world like a conquering hero.[break][break]

Yet inside, he couldn't feel any more helpless. Wet, warm blood trickled down his cheek. While he'd blocked many of the stones, one had come a little too close for comfort, and Isaac was acutely aware how close he'd come to having his head squashed like a grape. He was trapped behind a psychic wall, at the mercy of whoever was orchestrating this little ambush. And despite his desperate pleas to the universe, Eris was still nowhere to be seen.[break][break]

Oh well. What was one more desperate plea, in the grand scheme of things? "If you're in this forest, you're a friend of mine! he said. "I'm not here to fight. I'm just here to find Eris."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 21:37:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Anger and malice swirl with the blood drawn, a feral scream ringing out as a pink blur rushes past. a storm of broken twigs and leaves follow its trail, sweeping through the group and smacking into whatever is left exposed.[break][break]

Familiar as the voice may be, the pink blur doesn't once stop, tearing more rocks from the earth and throwing them haphazardly. And just as a storm begins to build from its rampage, everything stops. The pixie looks to something in the distance, the once overflowing rage now wiped out by absolute fear. She zips back from whence she came, passing through that space where the invisible wall stands with an abundance of twigs and leaves in tow.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 21:53:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Mes was on a rampage now. The little pixie lashed out with the forces of nature, twigs and leaves slicing at any exposed flesh while she threw stones around in a furor. Isaac released Luck & Pluck from his grip, the King's Shield floating to cover Charles from the front while the flat of his blade covered his flank. He spread his arms, allowing Echo to safely nestle into them. So what if it meant he was exposed? His team needed the protection more than he did.[break][break]

He grit his teeth, holding stoic as he was slashed from all directions. Twigs tore slices into his clothes, Isaac seething in pain in the rare instances where they managed to push through and bite into skin. His forearms were covered in shallow cuts from leaves, thin rows of blood trickling down wherever they were pushed too far. He allowed himself to lean back and forth, trying to avoid the rocks, and was thankful that Mes was aiming them less at him and more at causing a general tantrum.[break][break]

Then she saw something fearful in the distance. Rage gave way to panic as she darted through a space that had once been filled by Nothing. Did that mean he could pass, too? "Charles, try and make it through. Echo, if something pushes back, make a gap with your Psychic," Isaac said. The two psychic types nodded, pushing on forward with desperate force.[break][break]

That left one member of his team unaccounted for. "Luck & Pluck. Protect Mes from whatever's chasing her. She didn't mean to hurt us, and we need to help her feel safe." The Aegislash looked at Isaac as if he was crazy, but Isaac's glare in return was intense. Shutting his eye, sighing, and relenting, Luck & Pluck flew away to cover Mesprit's rear. He brandished the King's Shield proudly, ready to defend her from whatever could make a legendary feel such fear.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 22:25:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Faster, Mesprit seems to accelerate with every passing second. Surely, there must be some sort of threat forming within Isaac's head. But whatever hideous demons or monsters he might imagine, nothing jumps out at them from amidst the shadows or the trees.[break][break]

Instead, he can only watch as Mesprit zips into a large tree hollow, panicked chatters echoing within as sticks clatter against the rugged earth. Stepping closer, he would feel the pixie's anger spike once more, a prickly feeling that seeks to stab anyone that gets too close. But a quiet cough calls for her attention, the Lake Guardian desperately levitating the sticks and gathering them into a pile.[break][break]

A starry tail weakly sweeps any remaining sticks towards Mesprit, dirt and pebbles sticking to matted fur as a faint yellow glow flickers. There, tucked up and hidden inside the tree hollow, is a bruised and battered Reiner, his shoulders and flank bearing deep piercing wounds from which red oozes. But in the very center is curled up mess, a child fighting to keep her breath with eyes shut tight. Her body shivers despite Reiner's best attempts to keep her warm, the feline's gaze stuck on her as he continues trying and failing to press a paw against her back.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 22:51:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Perhaps it wasn't the fear of an outside threat at all that had gotten Mesprit so worked up.[break][break]

Perhaps, instead, it was the fear that she was running out of time.[break][break]

Reiner looked weaker than Isaac had ever seen him before. Yet, despite that, the filthy, injured Luxray held onto all of the strength that he had to share it with someone who needed it even more. Eris was quivering like a leaf, her breaths shallow and Reiner trying to press down what could have only been an unseen injury. The two of them were in dire straights, and all Mesprit could do was desperately tend to a pile of what would soon be flame.[break][break]

Horror threatened to crush Isaac's heart right then and there. "Eris . . ." he tried to say, though his voice was barely more than a whisper. He didn't want to believe anything, anyone, could leave the poor girl in this state. And yet the proof was right there. The girl he'd grown to love like the sister he never had was on the brink of death.[break][break]

For the second time in his life, Isaac had failed a little sibling.[break][break]

But things would be different this time. He wouldn't run away, like he had from El. Eris wouldn't be alone, like she had been in Kanto. Both of them had come so far. Both of them had suffered through so much. And now, even when the whole world was against them, they had each other. This would be enough. It had to be enough! Isaac wouldn't let it not be enough, even if it meant he had to give his everything.[break][break]

He guided Charles forward, setting Luck & Pluck aside to show he meant no harm. Perhaps as the Galarian Rapidash approached, its Pastel Veil would already start fending off toxins and ailments. Yet even if it had nothing to passively tend to, the glow of a readied Heal Pulse would crackle along its horn. Moisture filled the air as a Life Dew formed between Echo's hands.[break][break]

Yet Isaac held them back, just in case their presence was perceived as a threat. "Reiner, Mes. It's me. It's Isaac," he said, voice soft and pleading. "I brought my healers. I . . . they . . . we can make everything better. We can help you.[break][break]

"I promise."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 9:36:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Despite the psychic's best efforts, she has no way to truly light a flame. Her hands pick helplessly at the pile of sticks as she looks to Reiner for help. But the Luxray is in no condition to produce a spark, his ears twitching as he listens to the voice that draws near.[break][break]

Is it really ? Or is he simply hallucinating? Either way, he yowls at the man, carefully cradling and presenting Eris as if begging for him to do something. A great big hole bores right into her back, just barely missing her spine but most certainly doing more damage than simple healing can hope to cure all at once.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 17:13:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Seeing Eris of all people, someone so small, so sweet, so vulnerable, so important, with such a hideous wound impaled down her back . . . Isaac couldn't help it anymore. Clutching his mouth and slippimg off of Charles' back, he ran from the tree hollow to vomit out his horror.[break][break]

He returned, face as pale as a ghost and eyes bleary. With his fear, disgust, worry, and rage purged, at least now he could focus on putting one foot in front of the other. "No time. Act now," he said, sacrificing words as if tryimg to save mere seconds on Eris' clock. "Echo, clean. Charles, fire."[break][break]

The pink glow around Charles' horn shifted, turning from a palcid glow to what resembled a swirling blaze. He leaned down to touch the tip of his horn to Mesprit's twig pile, starting a brilliant blaze of Mystic Fire. It peacefully shimmered, as if supernaturally incapable of losing control.[break][break]

All the while, Echo began passing his cloud of Life Dew over Eris' back. It shimmered like a cloud full of starlight, restorative energies thick and heavy within the mists. Eris' wound was far too bad for accelerated healing to just cure in the snap of a finger. In fact, if they did try to push that issue, the consequences could be horrific.[break][break]

This was why, if anything, Echo pulled back on the power of the Life Dew. Rather than trying to solve the problem single-handedly, he focused on using the mist as a disinfectant and a source of pain relief. First, they needed to give Eris her strength back. Then they could move this mountain together.[break][break]

"Reiner." Even after the purge, Isaac's voice was still so frail. "You hurt?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 2:46:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's a silence that drapes over them as suddenly takes his leave, with only Reiner's desperate whines left hanging in the air. Is it just an apparition? He nearly loses all hope until that final moment when he sees the man return.[break][break]

The fire crackles and Mesprit beholds the gentle flame, carefully shielding it as if it might go out as any moment. And she only drops that concern for a moment when she hears Eris whimper, almost ready to throw more rocks at Isaac when she sees Echo running a cloud over her ward's back. But a simple grunt from Reiner dispels her worry, the pixie merely choosing to flutter away from the fire and hover around to watch every step of the treatment.[break][break]

"Brii!" At some point, the Lake Guardian reaches for Echo's arms, gently shifting them over to Reiner's gaping wounds. By then, Eris' whimpers seem to have died down and her breathing evened out. The tension in her body begins to dissipate, her eyes fluttering open as she gently squeezes Reiner's paw.[break][break]

"Connie...?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 3:20:42 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]If even Mes was directing the healing away from Eris, it seemed that they had at least succeeded in their goal. While the wound on Eris' back was still horrifying to behold, it was at least a lot less raw looking than before. They could work on proper medical care later.[break][break]

For now, more emergency treatment was needed. Another cloud of Life Dew appeared in Echo's hands, the Ralts doing the same disinfecting, soothing, and surface healing procedure on poor, messed-up Reiner. "Mes, do you know if anything's broken?" Isaac asked, looking over the noble Luxray with concern shining in his eye. "If it's all just cuts and bruises, we can probably get him on his feet without risking any mishaps. But if there are breaks, we'll need to be careful . . ."[break][break]

Were Reiner to be unbroken, Charles would touch the tip of his horn to the Luxray's flank, allowing a Healing Pulse to wash over him. It was a stronger technique, far better at promoting healing than its counterpart. However, if Mesprit gave any indication of broken bones, or indicated that she was unsure, Isaac would opt to hold Charles back instead. The last thing he wanted was to cause the bones to heal improperly, or even mis-fuse.[break][break]

Reiner would be the current object of treatment. But when Eris started to speak, Isaac was immediately by her side. It was a name. A name Isaac hadn't heard before. Oh, Arceus. Was it the name of her parents? No, then she'd say "mom" or "dad", right? An old friend, perhaps? Maybe whoever that mysterious third family rock was?[break][break]

Isaac couldn't be sure. But he also couldn't stop smiling from hearing Eris' voice at long last. "Sorry, kid. You're stuck with me instead," he said, trying to keep his voice jovial even as he sounded on the brink of tears.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 9:39:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]With how much he had been thrown, stabbed and knocked around, Mesprit really doesn't have an answer regarding broken bones and the like. And her confusion shows, her tails crooked like a question mark as she keeps her silence. Even so, Reiner seems able to move, gingerly at first but warming up with light shrugs and flexes of his paws. When Eris reaches to hold his paw, he's there for her, wrapping his tail around her arm and purring.[break][break]

"Isaac...?" It takes a bit but the name finally rolls off her tongue. "Am I dying?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 14:10:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Reiner seemed as okay as he could be. Just in case, Isaac prepared to do what limited first aid he could. He held his phone out, Echo using his psychic powers to levitate it as he ran a quick search for signs of broken bones. He'd note any protruding bones, out of place bends, or particularly nasty discolorations as he looked over Pokemon and trainer alike.[break][break]

He wasn't a doctor. He wasn't even a field medic. He didn't even have half of the preparations he wished he did for a situation like this. Even his first aid kit, which he never left home without, was running low from prior uses. His only concern had been getting to Eris' side as urgently as possible, ideally before something horrid like this could have happened. If he knew, he would,'ve restocked. But he had to make due with what he had. Ointment to keep the wounds moist, bandages to keep them covered. The most basic form of wound care there was. It was okay. He could do this.[break][break]

Perhaps as he tended to them, Eris and Reiner would notice how much his hands trembled.[break][break]

She asked if she was dying. "You're not," Isaac said, terror and conviction blending in his voice in a way they hadn't since that fateful day a decade ago. "Eris, you're going to be okay. And if you aren't, I'm fonna make sure you are, okay? I don't care if I have to choke out Arceus himself to make it happen. I am not letting you die here. I promise."[break][break]

"But I'm not gonna lie to you. You're hurt. Bad." The sooner he could get that hideous, gaping hole in her back covered, the better. He felt more terror the longer it stared back at him. "What . . . happened?" He had to know. Part so he knew how to treat her, and part so that he knew who needed to die for this.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 22:41:33 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Echo might pick out a few broken ribs, but it doesn't seem like any vital organs have been punctured. Compared to Eris, he'd been smart in positioning his body, doing his best to mitigate whatever damage he might take from that manic brawl. And whilst his ward might be far too out of it to notice, Reiner can pretty much taste the tension in the air, feel the way 's hands shake against his bloodied flank.[break][break]

The Luxray reaches out with a paw, gently resting it on his arm as a growl rumbles through his chest. With a bit of struggle and a bunch of Mesprit's fussing, the wound of Eris' back is covered but she's not quite out of the woods just yet.[break][break]

"There was a doctor in Sooty... near the beach..." [break][break]

Are these the mad ramblings of a child suffering from excessive blood loss? Eris doesn't quite have the energy to look Isaac in the eye.[break][break]

"Take me there...?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 23:12:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Thanks, Reiner," Isaac said, smile soft and voice gentle. Even in his desperate, injured state, the Luxray took his time to be a pillar of strength and support for those who needed it. It was an ideal that Isaac sure as hell hoped he could live up to, even as anxiety squeezed the bile right from his guts.[break][break]

With most of his bones and organs where they should be, Echo gave Isaac the go-ahead. Charles set his horn atop Reiner's shoulder as if knighting him, sending pulse after pulse of healing energy into the Luxray. In a situation like this, even healing moves could only do so much, and at some point Charles would stop just to avoid putting too much strain on Reiner's body. But he'd sure as hell help as much as he could.[break][break]

Eris continued to speak, less to Isaac and more around Isaac. She mentioned a doctor on a beach by Sootopolis. It sounded more like the start to a hit summer anthem than any actual medical advice, but with Hoenn being 90% beaches by volume Eris may well have been right. For a Rocket, Isaac sure didn't spend enough time in Sootopolis to check.[break][break]

He also knew that getting to Sootopolis was a major pain. It was across the damn region from Mauville, and you either flew in through a tiny hole above the basin (risky) or dove through the region's undersea depths (VERY risky). Neither seemed like a very appropriate way of transporting a child with a hole through half of her body.[break][break]

"We're real far from Sooty," he warned, not sure how much of a journey Eris could sustain in her current state. They were on the outskirts of Mauville, and for all it was a capitalist hellhole it also had some of the best facilities money could buy. What was stopping her from stopping in there? Still, if her heart was set on it . . .[break][break]

"Mes, Echo. Do you think she's in a good enough state for a teleport?" Psychic powers were hard enough to understand on healthy targets. Used on someone who was currently in, for lack of a better term, agony . . .[break][break]

Either this was the best shot at saving Eris' life, or he'd risk hurting her in new, unimaginable ways. He couldn't commit to that gamble. Not until he knew.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I'm Sorry (S)
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 3:23:21 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Pain is a little more bearable than death..." Eris interjects with a quiet wheeze. "Mesprit's already.... done once... before I drowned...[break][break]

The pixie presses a hand over Eris' mouth, looking to with a blank stare. She seems ready to move, happy even at the suggestion of getting as far away from here as possible. And perhaps, Reiner seems keen on the idea too, his eyes lighting up as he tries to get to his feet.[break][break]

"I trust you, Isaac. Please..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights