March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 14:45:22 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
Supposedly home to a slew of Psychic and Ghost type Pokemon, Olliver had decided that he should head out to explore Mt. Pyre. Now this was a place in which the graves of Pokemon rest inside, so he could understand the Ghost Type Pokemon that might be lingering about. But the Psychic Pokemon?? While they were his primary reason for coming here, he had simply wished to know what it is about this place that draws them here.
[break]
From his understanding, it was quite possible that the psychic Pokemon were drawn to the artifacts that supposedly lie at the top of the mountain. Either that or they are simply feeding on the raw emotions that the mountain itself practically provides at this point.
[break]
Not quite sure on what the reason might be, Olliver would head up the mountain and see if he could not only piece this together but perhaps catch a few Pokemon along the way. Rather than walk up the mountain, he would make use of his Giant Metagross. Given that it was ten feet all around and had the capability of using Magnet Rise, it was no trouble for him to start making his way up the top.
@gwylim
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 1:33:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Perhaps it was his newfound Annihilape's insistence, but Gwylim had been quick to accept the fellow scientist's invitation to study the species that roamed atop Mt Pyre. The irony of his ghost fighter was that it seemed there were no ghost moves in its current arsenal, so to make up for Annihilape's lack of proper power, he kept his Hatenna at the head of his party. At least there was a type advantage against the ghost types, but it was a double-edged sword in that sense. Olliver had opted to take a more sensible route to reach the top. Gwylim, on the other hand, seemed to think outside the box as his Hatenna used Psychic to lift the both of them to the nearest ledge. Despite the Hatenna's size, its psychic prowess didn't even make Gwylim bat an eye.

"I appreciate the invitation, Dr. Samovar," he offered politely.

The title of doctor was simply a formality, a sign of respect given research served as the man's bailiwick. Rather than allow his Hatenna to wander too far on its own, Gwylim kept the pokemon in his hands and readied himself to send it out if need be. The pokemon was quite content to be babied as such. Nonetheless, it seemed eager to search into some of the pokemon that resided within the area.

"Don't hesitate to take any pokemon that may prove beneficial to your research. I'll attempt not to impose on your invitation and give you the courtesy at the first attempt to catch whatever may catch your eye."

The way he spoke came so literal, no sense of malice in his tone. He meant every word he offered, perhaps his way to attempt and be sincere. He wasn't the best at showing his emotions, but his words helped to shape his intentions for the most part.

psychic/ghost spawn

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

Marius#6974

Ollie
He/Him
Twenty Five
March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 13:49:48 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
From atop his Metagross, Olliver would offer his companion a curt nod. He hadn't quite been planning on coming out here on his own so it was a good thing that there was someone willing to come with him. "No worries. I just figured that this kind of thing is better with two people as opposed to one."
[break]
The fact that Gwylim had continuously had his Hatenna making use of its psychic abilities to progress the pair of them up the mountain had been something that had caught Olliver's eye. He wasn't going to speak on it for the moment but the fact that it intrigued him was true nonetheless. Especially given that Hatenna was the baby phase of this creature's evolutionary line. If this Hatenna was capable of utilizing such vast psychic strengths this early on.. Well it would make for a decent test subject.
[break]
"While I appreciate the courtesies that you are offering to me, I can assure you that we can discuss who catches what when the time comes. I figure that it's easier that way. All that I ask is that you allow me to focus in on primarily psychic Pokemon." A soft shrug would then be offered to the man. "If you'd like, I'd even be willing to allow you to focus in on the ghost Pokemon. Just depends on what we encounter, really."
@gwylim
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 18:39:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Olliver's offer certainly doesn't fall on deaf ears. Though it wouldn't hurt to find a suitable psychic type when the time came for it. Teleport could be a useful move, all it took was finding a pokemon that could learn the move. But he wouldn't impose on the fellow scientist. It seemed his Metagross managed to hold up just fine, but then again the pokemon was quite a steel colossus.

"Very well," he acknowledged.

The study of ghost types would prove ideal. Ghosts were depicted as dead creatures, what made them come back to life in this situation? Death was a touchy subject for most, but it was a harsh reality people were forced to face. Whether it be their pokemon partners, fellow humans, or even themselves one day. It wasn't long until his Hatenna once more began to guide them to the top after its little break.

It felt fitting for ghosts to roam the top of Mt Pyre. The top of Mt Pyre was the highest peak in Hoenn, ergo it was the closest to a proverbial heaven that the dead could find their peace. Gwylim readied himself to plunge into their research.

psychic/ghost spawn

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 3:00:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PALOSSAND APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER COMPACTION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND TOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] @gwylim

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HATTERENE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MAGIC BOUNCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEAL PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AROMATHERAPY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LIFE DEW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PLAY NICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] AFTER YOU

close tab

played by

Marius#6974

Ollie
He/Him
Twenty Five
March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 15:26:05 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
The fact that Gwylim had agreed to his terms had been rather welcomed by Olliver. It wasn't everyday that people had been willing to accept his whims. "I appreciate your willingness to work together. Besides, I was thinking that perhaps we could establish something while we were up here. Given your own experience in dealing with Pokemon, would you perhaps be willing to work with me on a thought that I've been pondering??"
[break]
Olliver had considered asking Gwylim his thoughts on why psychic Pokemon were so attracted to this mountain in particular but such a thing would have to wait. From the looks of things, as the two had been making their way up the mountain, a pair of Pokemon had been nearby. As luck would have it, it had been one of each type!! A Palossand and a Hatterene. "Glad that we made that agreement just now."
[break]
A small laugh would escape from the researcher's mouth as he would lean down to whisper to his Metagross.
"Use Flash Cannon." Perhaps not the best move to utilize, given the fact that it would draw attention to themselves, but it was perhaps the easiest to make use of given the range.
[break]
After having absorbed the light around it, Metagross would emit a beam of light from the X on its face. The attack had been directed at the Hatterene and was successfully deal a blow to the Hatterene!! Hoping to ensure the health of both itself and it's companion, the Hatterene would follow up with Life Dew, thus healing itself and the Palossand.
@gwylim
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 2:44:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
What a coincidence that they managed to come across his Hatenna's final evolution. As Olliver focused on the Hatterene in question, Gwylim turned his attention to the Palossand. Perhaps the dual ghost/ground type would prove some use in his upcoming trip to the Ultra Desert. He allowed his Hatenna to hop from his arms and begin to put a beat down on the duo of wild pokemon. Disarming Voice seems to do the trick to help beat them down a fraction -- it doesn't do a whole lot to the Hatterene given the similar typing, but it did an average amount to the Palossand.

"Perhaps. Feel free to extrapolate on your offer."

It was the Palossand's turn in the battle, and it seems to opt for a Sand Tomb. It seems to deal not only damage to both he and Olliver's pokemon, but to the Hatterene as well. Seemed the sentient sand castle had no qualms about almost taking out its own ally -- quite the slap to the face after the Hatterene had previously used Life Dew with Olliver's attack. Brows knit together in concentration as he focused on the Palossand and allowed his Hatenna to use Confusion. This attack seems to slow the Palossand down a great deal.

psychic/ghost spawn

close tab

played by

Marius#6974

Ollie
He/Him
Twenty Five
March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 20:32:05 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
As a harshly raging sandstorm would burst into creation around Metagross and Hatenna, Olliver would find himself caught in the blows as well. He had been riding atop the Metagross all this time.. And now he was being battered by the sands alongside his Pokemon.
[break]
To ensure that he didn't get any of the harsh sands within his nose or mouth, Olliver would immediately throw his arm up over his face. "You've got to be fucking kidding me..!!" Quite honestly, things might have looked even worse for Olliver if it wasn't for the fact that his Pokemon had been using Magnet Rise. Rather than allow himself to suffer, Olliver would lightly tap his foot against the Metagross, indicating that it should rise above the sandstorm. And thankfully, much as he had hoped, it would do exactly that.
[break]
"Screw this damned sandcastle." With a better line of eyesight upon the two target Pokemon now, Olliver would remove a pokeball from his bag. The Hatterene had been struggling in this storm, and as such, Olliver would be sure to send a pokeball in its direction. "Gwylim, we need to bring this damned thing down!"
@gwylim
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 2:40:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Take it down, and down it would go. Gwylim pulled a pokeball out and threw it at the Palossand in an attempt to snag it for himself. If the creature found itself secure in the ball, he'd take it along with him with no qualms. The sandstorm subsided and he turned to face the fellow scientist and gave a reassuring nod. At least they could continue on with their outing.

"So what was that thought of yours you previously mentioned?"

If it were something geared towards research and development, Gwylim would likely help in some degree. Biomed was his specialty, but he was always eager to learn more for the sake of knowledge. His own Hatenna hopped along and nudged at his leg to be picked up. Gwylim carefully scooped the pokemon up and carried it once more. It wasn't long until he dusted it off carefully.

"Hatenna, a Life Dew, if you'd please."

With the request offered, the Hatenna was quick to heal both itself and Olliver's Metagross on the off chance it had taken any dings or scratches in the midst of battle.

catching palossand
psychic/ghost spawn

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 4:51:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COFAGRIGUS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MUMMY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GRUDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRAFTY SHIELD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]OMINOUS WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GUARD SPLIT

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ALAKAZAM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SYNCHRONIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIRACLE EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLE PLAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISABLE

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Marius#6974

Ollie
He/Him
Twenty Five
March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 19:47:44 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
Although he wouldn't admit to it, Olliver was rather thankful for the fact that Gwylim had brought down the Palossand. If it wasn't for the fact that he had caught it, Olliver quite honestly might have attempted to re-kill the ghost type. Especially given the fact that he had found himself caught up within the damn things sandstorm.
[break]
"Good work on bringing the Palossand down." That having been said, Olliver would allow for his Metagross to lower itself back down towards the ground. "What I had planned on saying earlier was that I'm curious as to why there are so many psychic Pokemon on this mountain. I can understand the ghost Pokemon, given the vast amount of graves within the mountain, but why the psychic Pokemon? Are they feeding off of the emotions that are displayed here or is it something else?"
[break]
With his piece having been said, Olliver would walk over towards the pokeball and would pick it up. He would then place the pokeball on his belt, keeping the creature within it for the time being. "Ah, yes. The Life Dew is much appreciated as well."
[break]
Apparently the fight just now had caught the attention of a few other Pokemon. There were those that were lying in wait, their gaze focused on the pair. Only one real pair would step forward among those that had watched. A wild Cofagrigus and an Alakazam. The Alakazam would proceed to lift it's hands up towards Olliver's Metagross before unleashing a weak telekinetic force upon it.
[break]
"I guess that this is going to keep continuing on.. Metagross, you know what to do." His Metagross would proceed to unleash an even strong telekinetic force upon the Alakazam, causing it to fall back into the mountain. "If you are going to try and use your abilities on someone, you should really use something stronger than that." Olliver would then toss a pokeball back towards the Alakazam, hoping to bring this one into his arsenal as well.
[break]

[break]
OOC: Attempting to catch the Alakazam. Additionally, I flipped a coin to see if the Confusion would actually Confuse the Metagross. It did not.
@gwylim
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 21:44:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The man had a fair point with his assumption -- perhaps the psychic types around Mt Pyre did come to feed off of the energy among the mountain. It seemed like a plausible hypothesis, and while it wasn't within Gwylim's sense of interest to study, he didn't mind alotting his free time to help a fellow scientist. He didn't seem to have much to say on the matter quite yet, but then again, he didn't have much time to offer his own opinion. They'd been jumped by two more impressive pokemon.

It seemed as predicted, Olliver chose to take on the Alakazam himself. He could understand the appeal of such a pokemon, ergo he allowed the man to take it on. Gwylim's own attention fell on the Cofagrigus as it seemed to wiggle its ghostly limbs in an attempt to attack first, but the Hatenna in his arms lifted the flaps on the side of its head and fired a powerful Psychic at the ghostly sarcophagus. Such a concentrated power managed to take it down in one hit. Now that they had a moment of peace, Gwylim spoke up once more.

"Perhaps the strong feelings of the dead bring them here. They say misery loves company after all. Psychic types seem to show a strong sense of empathy."

It was merely a suggestion, but perhaps he had some sort of point. He never truly looked too deep into the nature of pokemon. The joint outing allowed him to learn a bit as he went, and Gwylim admired the chance to learn more that could help better his own studies.

skipping cofagrigus
psychic/ghost spawn

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Climbing Towards the Top
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 6:05:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOTHITA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHADOW TAG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAL BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY NICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCH UP

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRIFLOON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLARE BOOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SELF DESTRUCT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FOCUS ENERGY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWALLOW

[break]
CAUGHT THE ALAKAZAM!