snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 4:04:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she should have known better than to come here.

the wind blows in such a way that's foreboding. she swears each time it sweeps through, blood floods her senses.

it causes a wrinkle to form in her nose, scrunching with the stench.

and she tries to concentrate on her purpose here: gathering intelligence.

really, she does... but there's a pit building in her stomach and no matter what she does, she can't seem to shake the sensation.

it registers a moment after a foreign presence rises somewhere behind her.

the creeping feeling infecting her body and spreading until it overtakes her bones... it's dread, fear, fight or flight.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,318 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 9:07:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beckbase"]
[attr="class","beck1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

it is not like theo to grow impatient. but recent developments have left him on the edge of his seat, unable to stay seated for any longer. from rats to turncoats, there is respect that needs to be taught.[break][break]

they will continue their dominance.[break][break]

will find herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. she should be more than familiar with the NAGANADEL that screeches overhead. she had fought it in sootopolis, after all.[break][break]

a rushing HEAT WAVE washes over the mist of the border, looking to incinerate.[break][break]

[attr="class","beck3"]
[attr="class","beckpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.beckbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5d5d5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.beckpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.beck2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 17:48:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the echoing screech overhead is grating on the ears. it coerces hair into standing up along the arms, goosebumps to rise over skin.

and as her head snaps up to see a familiar creature, she feels her heart lurch into her throat.

no... nononononono.

a look of panic rises and she takes a few stumbling steps back, directly into the heat wave.

the burning sensation comes quickly, painfully. a shriek escapes.

and in her panic, she releases two pokemon. a flygon and a hatterene join her quickly, the former already snarling.

"go."

while the hatterene offers a heal pulse to join her healing mist as she tries to overwrite the burns blooming across skin, her flygon soars upward to meet the nagandel head on with dragon rush.

and she can't help the way her eyes stray, scanning the area for a familiar face.

she expects to find him soon, this man that had taken her and shackled limbs to a cell.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,318 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 9:35:57 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

similar to their most recent encounter at the tree of life, he does not stay hidden for long. there is no point apart from staying ahead of the fight.[break][break]

but it is a mere step back for someone who is leaps ahead.[break][break]

"professor."[break][break]

he calls out to her as he steps through the parting mist joined by his bronzong. the HEAL BLOCK is to be expected. it cancels out the relief she may have felt.[break][break]

"are you ready to surrender?"[break][break]

overhead, naganadel meets flygon's DRAGON RUSH with a DRAGON PULSE, attempting to keep it at arm's length.[break][break]

[attr="class","beck3"]

[newclass=.beckbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.beck3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 17:29:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]what little relief had come with healing moves now recedes like the tide.

and she feels the pain creep back in, overwhelming at first until it dulls out as the nervous system grows accustomed. it is not the worst she has felt. that is still to come, she expects.

"no."

overhead, her flygon is knocked off course by the dragon pulse. it is deterred for a mere moment. the green dragon swoops back around, utilizing its boomburst in an attempt to disorient the naganadel long enough for teeth to find purchase in purple hide.

and on the ground, illeana reaches for the shadows at her feet. from them, she tugs a shiny honedge up. it gleams in the sunlight, blade sharp. the torn sash wraps itself around her wrist and hums loudly.

the eerie sound calls for blood. will it be his or hers?

"i'm never surrendering to you."

he'll have to kill her.

her eyes dart back toward the rift, toward where the last expedition team of the league's had entered. she hopes -- no, prays -- they'll return soon.

and as the dragons fight overhead, she lurches forward to swing her honedge at his side while her hatterene focuses on the bronzong with brutal swing.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,318 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 9:29:39 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

"very well."[break][break]

a fight to the death it is.[break][break]

the roaring dragons overhead set the chaos of the scene as BOOMBURST travels through the air, slamming into the naganadel that returns a swift SLUDGE WAVE. it pours over the flygon, falling down onto the ground.[break][break]

he watches her lunge at him.[break][break]

"how foolish."[break][break]

from his shadow comes his banette, rising out to take the swing of the honedge. it giggles, then conjures up balls of WILL-O-WISP that threaten to burn illeana.[break][break]

all theo does is step back, creating distance.[break][break]

bronzong takes the BRUTAL SWING and returns a FLASH CANNON.[break][break]

[attr="class","beck3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 3:06:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]without the cushion of her healing mist, she has nothing to combat the onslaught of pain.

it starts with a wailing sort of sound from above. her flygon has to back off as sludge wave sticks to its body in purple goo of searing toxins. the dragon darts around in the air, struggling to fling off each toxic bubble on its body. it doesn't find as much success as it hopes.

and in retaliation, the flygon goes for the naganadel's throat with dragon claw.

on the ground, illeana and her hatterene don't fair much better...

each swing of her honedge finds no purchase. his banette sweeps up from shadows to stop the blade. and when her eyes try to follow his movements, try to figure out a way out, she ends up in the crossfire of will-o-wisp.

it burns, she realizes slowly. it fucking burns.

she lets out a sharp hiss of pain as skin begins to singe beneath eerie blue flame. each step she tries to take around the banette ends with another ball of fire, another burn.

"coward."

her expression twists with wincing anger.

"stop hiding behind your pokemon."

letting them do the dirty work... using them as tools... isn't she, in the end, doing the same?

her final pokemon comes with a vengeance. a golurk rises behind her as her hatterene tries to dodge the flash cannon. the fairy type doesn't get very far. it lets out a banshee's wail as the bright beam pierces through one of its tentacle's claws. blood drips and the distraction drags illeana's eyes away. they widen like saucers, horrified.

and her mist still won't come. she keeps trying to pull it out, keeps trying to will it to rise. it never does.

her golurk takes the opportunity to utilize phantom force, slipping beneath the banette and bronzong to swing at theo directly.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,318 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 9:42:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

in the air, the dragons lose themselves in their dance, fighting for control and survival.[break][break]

"no."[break][break]

pokemon are meant to be used as tools so why stop now? just because she tries to goad him? he knows better and has experienced far worse.[break][break]

the PHANTOM FORCE brings her right in front of him. his banette doesn't come to his aid this time. instead, it focuses on the hatterene, looking to bring a swift end to it with a THUNDER.[break][break]

the step back he takes is enough to avoid a killing blow. the honedge slices along his down his arm, drawing blood. he hisses, grunting as he takes another step back.[break][break]

"i gave you a chance to join us once, professor."[break][break]

she will not receive the same offer again.[break][break]

his bronzong's PSYCHIC attempts to wrap around illeana to sweep her off her feet.[break][break]

[attr="class","beck3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 2:13:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she snarls.

"no, you didn't!"

face to face with him here and now, she feels a sense of false success. the tides are changing. blood drips from his arm. she swears it's in her favor. she'd even swear it on her grave...

but that's the funny thing about tides, isn't it? they always give you false security before dragging you beneath the undertow.

and she'll drown here.

"you put me in fucking chains."

she swings again, honedge humming louder as if nourished by her rage. behind her, the sickening crack of thunder sounds.

and as psychic sweeps her up into the air, she twists to see her hatterene collapse in a bloodied heap. the smell of electrically burned flesh is nauseating. she gags, bile and tears coming all at once.

she crumbles into the ground in a heap, nothing more than a ragdoll for him to toss around at his sick leisure.

still, she calls for pink mist. and still, it does not answer her prayers.

her golurk stands tall above her, more protector than battering ram. it fires off shadow ball after shadow ball in theo's direction, trying to provide enough cover for the head scientist to drag herself up off the ground.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,318 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 17:02:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

"i did."[break][break]

the chains were secured as tight as he willed them to be until they were suddenly not. conveniently not, some would argue.[break][break]

"and who set you free?"[break][break]

the SHADOW BALLS are desperate attempts to fend him off but they will fail, faltering against banette's PROTECT. for good measure, bronzong's HEAL BLOCK continues, playing in a loop as he approaches.[break][break]

"you're alive today for a reason. i'd do my best to remember that."[break][break]

[attr="class","beck3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 0:49:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he didn't.

he couldn't.

he wouldn't.

the memory is sharp, struck against whetstone until it's a knife. she remembers the blurring of faces, too many to categorize as visitors or jailors or saviors. some masks, some unhidden, all observers on the outside of a cage.

"you're lying."

he didn't.

she remembers... doesn't she?

hesitation bleeds into the mind, seeds sowed becoming overgrown.

and in her lull, he approaches. she becomes that same broken girl on that cold floor, chained and caged and poked and prodded. nothing more than a cornered animal in too small of an enclosure to find any enrichment beneath suffering.

"that reason isn't because of you."

. his face comes into memory as easily as breathing. her mind quiets. her limbs move.

she takes a few quick steps away from theo, eyes once dim now relighting with a spark of awareness. the honedge in her grasp hums louder. she believes it a warning.

execute.

she ducks, then, as her golurk comes back into the visual field. it leaps up from shadows and looks to knock theo or his pokemon off course.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,318 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
god's country
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 10:07:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

"i know someone broke you out."[break][break]

he states.[break][break]

"have you never stopped to wonder why they did? how they could?"[break][break]

where it was banette's PROTECT last round, now it's bronzong's. the shield forms in time to cover him from the incoming golurk, blocking it from ever reaching him.[break][break]

still, he takes steps away, off to the side to start circling around her.[break][break]

"believe me, reyes."[break][break]

[attr="class","beck3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
god's country
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 6:24:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]seeds of doubt fester and grow like ivy over the brick walls of an abandoned home. they take root, coiled up around her until reason gives way to thoughts she had never wanted to entertain.

and in truth, she has conjured up the idea once or twice. how knew where she was, how he managed to get in undetected and steal her away from shackles...

once she had learned of his affiliation, the question had died out.

now, it's back with a vengeance.

had he been working with all along? had it been the goal from the beginning to solidify her trust in him by allowing felix to get her out?

"no, i haven't."

a lie. her expression says it all.

he begins to circle and her golurk pounds heavy clay fists against protective barriers. it is futile, much like her avoidance of the truth.

"i don't believe you and i never will."

for her own sanity, for her own security, she can't.

paranoia grows in places she doesn't realize, in places untouched and unnoticed. it spreads and seeps into everything until she's poisoned down to the bone.

she swings her honedge at him when he veers too close, when he's within distance. she looks for blood, for pain. unfortunately, she's looking at the wrong person for such a thing.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,318 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
god's country
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 10:14:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

he sees right through the lie but chooses not to unravel it. instead, he lets doubt spread even more, laying more seeds that will eventually sprout the same.[break][break]

"when that changes, reyes, i want you to know that it was me who set you free. not . me."[break][break]

unfortunately, she won't get the chance to experience that change and realization.[break][break]

the swing of her honedge is wild, vicious, but it is so easily dodged.[break][break]

banette circles around the golurk, keeping it busy. more importantly, keeping it away.[break][break]

he lunges forward to throw a kick at her only for bronzong's PSYCHIC to wrap around her, attempting to slam her into the ground where it would hold her.[break][break]

[attr="class","beck3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
god's country
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 20:08:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she blinks, surprise dawning quickly.

he knew it was ?

fuck.

"liar!"

she doesn't get a chance to rip the concept apart.

she doesn't even get the opportunity to dodge.

he throws a kick at her and her body tries to move... only to feel the tight grip of psychic cage her in. she hisses, the sound quickly becoming a scream as her body slams into the ground behind her.

and it knocks everything out of her, that throw.

her head slams into the ground. stars jump into her eyes, blacking out the vision and rendering her defenseless. even her honedge recoils, slipping from her wrist and skittering into the shadows. there, it waits...

she can't breathe, can't move. she can only watch, the inevitable creeping up without any salvation at hand.

he has her cornered and she knows it.

for all her golurk's might, it cannot get close enough. each step it tries to take toward her is met with resistence.

she is alone. she is prey.

and she is afraid.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights