snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long live
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 2:46:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's been a while since she's seen his face in these halls. somehow, she's missed it.

"it's been a while, sir."

even if he's no longer warming the council seat, she can't quite seem to drop the respect. he is still her boss in her eyes, no matter how long he has been gone.

besides, she'd happily take gabriel black over any day.

"have you been well?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
long live
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 4:13:56 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabebase"]
[attr="class","gabe1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","gabeimg"]

[attr="class","gabe2"]gabriel, straight-backed as he'd ever been, made his ways through the league's halls in official capacity, for the last time.
[break][break]
no small amount of stubble lines his straight-edged jawline, and wrinkles crease the skin around his eyes. he'd aged in the few months, it seemed.
[break][break]
he only notices the smaller woman at her words, and even then, it takes a moment to shake him from his revelery.
[break][break]
"miss reyes." a simple greeting, he's come to find. "no need to call me sir - i am no longer a member of this office."
[break][break]
at one time that might've given him great displeasure in admitting. now? it didn't seem to shake his foundation in the slightest.
[break][break]
"well enough. how have you been, under my replacement?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","gabe3"]
[attr="class","gabepoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.gabebase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#b75d5d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabebase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabeimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabeimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabepoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gabepoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long live
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 4:19:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he might not be part of the office anymore, but she still holds a certain amount of respect for him that doesn't simply fade with a missing title.

her smile widens.

"once a member, always a member."

and that's all she says on the topic.

her mind is, instead, flooded with his replacement. distaste rises quickly like bile in the throat.

"fine."

it's not much to offer, she realizes.

"reminds me of my silph co. days, really... i have to admit, i prefer your overseeing than current options."

a nice way to say she despises it, perhaps.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
long live
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 4:51:45 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe1"]

[attr="class","gabeimg"]

[attr="class","gabe2"]that was, of course, not even remotely true. gabriel doesn't speak his thoughts, however.
[break][break]
"plead your case to another member of the council. perhaps they will step-in to fill my shoes."
[break][break]
knowing the two leftover, he has his doubts.
[break][break]
"how has your research into these ultra-beast realms gone?"
[break][break]
he wouldn't be gabriel black if he didn't use this conversation for his own gain.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","gabe3"]

[newclass=.gabebase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabeimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long live
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 15:11:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a shrug rolls through her shoulders.

”i don’t believe either council member would want to risk silph’s support should they undermine him at my request.”

she doesn’t have to worry about such a thing. his support has long faded from her system well before this change in handlers. other colleagues are not as unlucky.

no matter… she’ll handle it as you do all things: shoving it under the rug and ignoring it exists.

”i have teams gathering intelligence in each of the rifts. so far, i have not received reports of ultra beast findings.”

her expression almost tastes of hope.

”i expect the ultra beast reports to come in soon as each team continues to encounter them in the rifts.”

a pause…

”would you like the copies of those reports when they arrive?”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
long live
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 23:55:53 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe1"]

[attr="class","gabeimg"]

[attr="class","gabe2"]"hm. you'd be surprised. there's fire in 's belly. even if the woman is more naïve than she believes herself to be."
[break][break]
it was illeana's decision at the end of the day.
[break][break]
his eyebrow raises at her question.
[break][break]
"would your new supervisor approve of such a thing?"
[break][break]
he knew the answer.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","gabe3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long live
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 1:56:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums.

"i'll think about it."

would be a better choice than , in her humble opinion, but it is not her choice to make. not alone, anyway...

and would agree?

"no, i don't believe he would."

a light laugh escapes. she no longer cares or concerns herself with what he would approve of (clearly).

"does that deter you?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
long live
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 7:36:11 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel respected illeana. she was competent. she was also one of the most self destructive people he'd met on hoenn. an offer like this was to be expected.
[Break][break]
"no, he says with a shake of his head, "it wouldn't.
[Break][break]
respect aside, to get what he really wanted he would bury anyone - illeana included - if it needed to be done.[break][break]
"i'm getting lunch, should you wish to join me."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long live
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 21:18:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]good answer.

a nod follows and her smile widens.

"yeah, i'll tag along."

it's like old times, perhaps, of working lunches spent together in the lab pouring themselves into whatever research is on the table for the day.

"if you don't mind me asking... what are you working on now?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
long live
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 21:48:22 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel nods along as if her decision to accept, or to refuse, didn't much matter at all.
[break][break]
they settle into an easy stride on the way out. many clear the way for a man of gabriel's size.
[break][break]
he hardly notices.
[break][break]
"a personal project of mine." then, he considers for a moment. "i may reach out for your expertise on it."

[break][break]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long live
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 22:56:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she follows him quietly, eyes sweeping as people part for him.

whether it's respect he commands or his sheer stature alone, the concept in and of itself is impressive.

and when he comments on possibly needing her expertise, she perks up.

"you may?"

her head rotates to look at him, eyes curious.

"what kind of expertise would you require from me for your project?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
long live
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 23:41:41 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
regardless of their previous working relationship, one of them still worked for the league while the other, did not. that meant her loyalties could only be strained so far.
[break][break]

so, he keeps the details vague, his hand reaching for a dual-colored orb in his coat pocket.
[break][break]

"ultra-space."
[break][break]

simple, but enough that she should have a vague idea of where to start.
[break][break]

light shines and an arcanine appears, his eyes looking up expectantly.
[break][break]

"are you ready then?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long live
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 3:32:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a hum escapes.

"ultra space, huh? interesting... whatever you need, let me know."

she wouldn't consider herself an expert, per se, but it is within her realm of interests. given the opportunity, she'd happily help him.

and when he releases an arcanine, she glances between him and the dog. it's cute, fitting even.

"yes, let's go."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
long live
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 3:42:19 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
he nods simply, turning to place his hand on the scruff of the arcanine's neck.
[break][break]
"go."
[break][break]
the trio are enveloped in a flash of light. between the span of two blinks, they find themselves in the upper-district of slateport.
[break][break]
"preference?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long live
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 4:17:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]they disappear in a flash of light and end up in slateport in little to no time.

and as she smooths her hair back into place, her eyes shift to observe him.

"no, wherever you'd like is fine by me."

she assumes, perhaps correctly, that his taste in restaurants is of a high quality.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights