awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 10:02:52 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

After a long day of training, Finn strolled along the wild stretches beyond Flying Sword School, the border where sprinklings of trees blended gradually into the dense Fortree woods. Wearing an easy green kimono, knotted loosely around his waist, Finn relished the cool fresh air that washed away the strain of swordplay. It was honest, good work, but it was also tiring. He appreciated these little walks and how they soothed his spirit.

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Vanilla, Yuji
he/him
November 26
Celadon City
Gay
special investigations
cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryujikatahara
ryuji katahara
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 9:33:07 GMT
ryuji katahara Avatar
It had been another simple day for Ryuji, taking his time on a walk that had been taking him across the Fortress Woods with his hands in his coat pockets. He had desired a quick stroll through the woods to try and clear his mind of work and things, but mostly to get the smell of cigarettes off of himself from Nikita's habits. His walk today had taken him along the road when his eyes found something familiar with the man that was coming just over the horizon in front of him. The green kimono that the guy in front of him would be walking with did bring back some vague recollections of his Kanto home. The many instances of wearing one himself, though a dark navy blue color that had fit his uncle. Ryuji was lost in his own thoughts as always, not realizing what had happened until he had bumped into the man.

"Sorry." his tone was a bit apologetic, though worn and somewhat stoic, "I didn't mean to run into you. Your kimono brought me back a little. Are you from Kanto as well?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 4:37:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VIKAVOLT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VICE GRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ZAP CANNON
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHROOMISH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] QUICK FEET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWTH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 0:54:36 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn looked up at the man that had walked into him. A shock of red hair and eyes that seemed to look beyond the physical world, into some distance in his mind.

"It's no problem. And no, I'm not from Kanto. I get that a lot, though." Finn chuckled lightly. "I'm from Flying Sword. Just beyond this patch of trees."

But he caught the "as well" in the young man's question. Was that the reason for that glimmer in his eyes?

Finn couldn't share the man's memories, but he could share his present experience.

"What brings you to Hoenn, then?"

A buzz interrupted the gossamer threads of their speech. Finn held up a hand, as if to guard the newcomer. Stop, let me handle this - you don't know these woods.

The wind changed. It became short and spiky.

A Vikavolt buzzed out from the trees. From another side, and with less aplomb, rolled a Shroomish. Between the two, the glowing insect laser launcher was much more of a problem.

"Hey there, buddy. You're good. Stay calm, okay?" Finn soothed, keeping his eyes on the Vikavolt. He kept as still as he could, his eyes trained on its pincers. And then, slowly... he reached into his pocket for an empty ball and aimed it squarely for its eyes!

Finn tried to catch the Vikavolt!

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Vanilla, Yuji
he/him
November 26
Celadon City
Gay
special investigations
cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryujikatahara
ryuji katahara
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 19:30:13 GMT
ryuji katahara Avatar
Ryuji was a tad let down as he had assumed the man and him had shared a homeland. He didn't appear disappointed, keeping his upbeat demeanor as the man allowed his eyes to dance around the kimono he wore. It could come off as weird or rude to some people he had found, but was just a habit that had never really broken himself of. When asked of Hoenn, he began to answer before the buzzing of wings had distracted him from doing so. A full size Vikavolt had flown towards them, with the man making quick work of it. Ryuji smirked at the display, picking up where he left off.

"I used to serve as a detective in Kanto. Came here a little before the dome fell. Right now, I'm just doing ofd jobs as a P.I. The work's a bit varied, but it keeps me entertained. What about you?"

Ryuji looked over to catch sight of an attacking Shroomish. It growled at him in a rather cute manner, stumbling over to his feet and launching itself at him and bouncing off. He looked down at the tumbling Pokemon and chuckled to himself. "Oh, that must have been your friend." He reached his hand to get an empty Pokeball and hold it out to the little guy. "If youd like, i can take you with me." The Shroomish huffed but hopped up to press against the Pokeball, causing its forn to disappear within.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 1:36:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LURANTIS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CONTRARY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEAFAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PETAL BLIZZARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAZOR LEAF

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SWOOBAT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNAWARE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEART STAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ODOR SLEUTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SIMPLE BEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 10:30:46 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn nodded approvingly as Ryuji - although he didn't yet know this red-headed man's name yet - told him about his journey beyond home. Finn respected people who ventured into the wild to try their luck. Such an opportunity didn't exist for him - or so he told himself.

"I teach sword work at the school." Left unsaid: keeping the school and village alive is my life's purpose. I've taken it on myself to do this. I wish I could go on an adventure too.

"It's brave of you to come to Hoenn yourself." Finn's eyes twinkled.

But speaking of swords... A Lurantis crawled out of the woods, probably drawn to their scent and sound. Finn perked up again. Another sword-themed Pokemon? Amazing!

"Sorry. Hold that thought." Finn turned his attention wholly onto the pink grass creature like a spotlight. He tried to move silently, but they made eye contact - and the Lurantis pounced!

"Watch out!" Finn threw himself in front of Ryuji and pushed him out of the Lurantis' scope with a shove of his broad, rock-sturdy back. With two swishes and a glint of steel, Lurantis' blades met with Finn's own! Digging deep into his core, Finn pushed forward and crushed into Lurantis' hide with a smash of his hilt. Then, a Pokeball to its exposed chest - would he catch this one, too?

"You okay?" Finn called backwards as he caught his breath, his Pokeball shaking.

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Vanilla, Yuji
he/him
November 26
Celadon City
Gay
special investigations
cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryujikatahara
ryuji katahara
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 2:46:48 GMT
ryuji katahara Avatar
So he taught swordsmanship? Interesting...

Ryuji smirked at his words, brought back to better days by the mention of swordsmanship. "Mm. I used to train in kendo myself. Mom always said that it built character." But the mention of coming to Hoenn being brave was...a little less happy. He wasn't going to bog this man down with all of his emotional baggage, but his expression did falter for just a brief moment. After that, the red head continued on. "You could say that. It's kind of-"

He looked around just in time to see a Lurantis, mid pounce at the two of them. But thankfully, Finnegan was more than versed in the art of his sword style, clashing against the Pokémon with a meeting of blades. After getting the Pokémon in a pokeball, Ryuji gave a nod to reassure him of his safety. "I'm fine. You, on the other hand, are something else." He smirked, finding himself leaning in a little bit to observe Finnegan's blade. "You've got some handle on it. Nice stand, posture is examplary. And really leaning into the swing to meet the blades in time." Sure he was a bit of a dork about kendo, but it was what he studied at home when not taking care of siblings or studying classes when they went to bed.

After that little predicament, Ryuji continued to walk along with him, eyes sometimes falling away as he get annoyed at why he was looking away so much. "Anyway, I came to Hoenn a while ago. I was homeless for a bit, worked at a few bars and now I'm set up at a private investigator's office and sometimes babysitting duty. It's pretty nice."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 6:13:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DARTRIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERGROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FORESIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHADOW SNEAK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PLUCK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COMBEE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HUSTLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWEET SCENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUG BITE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE LURANTIS!
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 17:39:54 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn laughed lightly after Ryuji praised him on his skill. "Thank you, thank you. I try." He listened to Ryuji, not just with his ears, but with his eyes. Finn had caught that subtle shift in Ryuji's expression earlier and wondered if it was Ryuji's recollections of his rough start in Hoenn that triggered it. Perhaps... but Finn guessed it had more to do with why Ryuji left Kanto.

Finn decided not to pry. Every man had his own shadows.

"If you want to relive your kendo days, you're welcome to come by my school anytime," Finn offered, his expression sincere. He sensed that something inside him needed exorcising. Or, at least, to find companionship in the stillness of the sword. It was a tough world, and for someone who might be alone in a strange place, having a familiar door open might be helpful.

A Dartrix flew out of the woods, minding its own business, and Finn shot yet another Pokeball at it. The owl squawked before the Pokeball zipped it in, and the contraption tumbled to the ground.

"What are your plans now?" Finnegan asked. He seemed curious, concerned. The kind of slow inching outwards that he usually makes whenever he feels he might have found a new friend.

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Vanilla, Yuji
he/him
November 26
Celadon City
Gay
special investigations
cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryujikatahara
ryuji katahara
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 8:11:19 GMT
ryuji katahara Avatar
Maybe picking the sword back up would be a nice change of pace? Ryuji had wondered about dusting the rust off in the event he might need it against something. He wasn't winning championships per say, but he could hold his own in a duel between two people. The basics weren't lost to him, but anything other than the basic sword techniques and rotations were, sadly, lost in the recesses of his mind. But maybe running into Finnegan would be a nice opportunity for the detective. "Yeah...I think I may take you up on that offer." The redhead smiled cheerfully at the other man.

Their silence was interrupted by an incoming Dartrix which had quickly flown by, only to be snagged by Finnegan as he threw a Pokeball out and caught the owl Pokémon. The buzzing of a Combee was close by, with Ryuji doing his best to stay clear in the event that a nest was nearby. "Plans? I'm not too sure, to be honest. I was searching for my family when I first came here. After I arrived and got out of the hospital, I waited at every boat or shipment coming from Kanto, but they never showed up." He exhaled, debationg on whether or not dumping all of his thoughts onto this man he had just now met was even worthwhile. Finnegan seemed like he didn't mind much, but it was just polite not to throw everything at him first hand. So maybe a few bits and pieces wouldn't hurt.

"Ever since they stopped coming, I've just felt numb. Like I'm wandering around without a purpose or anything."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 2:14:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EXEGGUTOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WOOD HAMMER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SKARMORY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WING ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRILL PECK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE DARTRIX!

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 7:55:05 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finnegan's eyes reflected Ryuji's tempered, muted sorrow. Ryuji looked like he was trying to keep the bottle of his heart tightly stoppered, but that pressure seemed to threaten to burst out all the same. Of course it did. Family was all Finn had ever known. Life severed from them would be like a tree without roots, a body without a heart.

Would this be too much for a first encounter? Finn got the sense that Ryuji wouldn't mind.

Taking a slow step forward, Finn placed a hand on Ryuji's shoulder. It was apprehensive, knowing it was a step too far into intimacy they did not share, but Finn felt it the kind thing to do.

"If you want, you can always swing by Flying Sword. We have things to do, jobs. It's a simple life, but if that's what you want..."

A Skarmory's chrome feathers flashed out of the darker parts of the wood, and Finn arced his arm forward to capture the creature in a ball. There were many Skarmory on the village grounds; this lone one would be happy there.

Capture attempt - Skarmory
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Vanilla, Yuji
he/him
November 26
Celadon City
Gay
special investigations
cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryujikatahara
ryuji katahara
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 6:44:20 GMT
ryuji katahara Avatar
The hand upon his shoulder made Ryuji wince. The weight and warmth coming from the hand was enough to force the Kanton to gaze back towards Finnegan headfirst. He could see that brief look of vulnerability in his eyes before the emotional wall went right back up. Finnegan invited him once more, with the prospect of things to do, things to keep his mind off of life among other things. And honestly, it did sound very enticing. Ryuji was anything if not in search of busywork. Plus, the idea of being near a sword school once more sounded like a pretty cool idea. He smiled a bit, his cheeks slowly gaining the same red color as hair. Something inside of him was causing all of this, he was certain of it. Not one medic or doctor had ever really diagnose whatever it was that made him this way, but he could feel its effects inside of him. Rapid heart beating, blood rushing to his cheeks, a feeling of uncertainty and social anxiety. It always happened at such random times, interrupting his abilities.

He took a moment to quell his thoughts and fears before nodding his head along with Finnegan. "Y-Yeah. That sounds nice." he nodded his head along. "I'd ah, like that...alot." He said before then hearing the brushes beside the two part ways as an Exeggutor wandered from beside the brush. He took a Pokeball off of his belt and tossed it at the grass type, its form captured inside of the container as he turned back to Finnegan. "I'd want to spar against you sometime in the future though. I'd love to see your swordplay in action."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Forest Stroll (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 6:04:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VIVILLON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COMPOUND EYES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLEEP POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PANSAGE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GLUTTONY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VINE WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!