awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonicio
Leonicio Marceliño
Burning Bridges, Building New Ones [M/Past]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 14:56:08 GMT
Leonicio Marceliño Avatar
Two men were dining in a fancy restaurant, champagne glasses clinking against each other. One man was in his forties, overweight, wearing an Alolan shirt and sunglasses. The other was noticeably younger, tanned and handsome, a Quaxly sitting on his lap.

“You’ve made a killing, kid! That last fashion gig was a great success!”
“Everything I touch is blessed with greatness!” The young man haughtily said, sipping his beverage. “By the way, you’re fired.” He bluntly added.
“What?!”
“Did I stutter?”
“You can’t fire me, kid! I’m your manager! You’d never have made it this far without me!”
“You’re just a pup who followed me all the way to Hoenn because you couldn’t handle losing your golden egg-laying goose. The only reason anyone remembers your name is because you were lucky enough to find me.”
“Don’t get cocky, kid! Do you know who I am?!”

The more the older man raised the tone of his voice, the more patrons’ eyes were drawn to their table, staff members on edge in case their verbal quarrel escalated into a physical one.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 9:57:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

it is by sheer coincidence that theo finds himself sitting in this restaurant in the right place at the right time. or, perhaps it is the pull of the universe that weaves together fates.[break][break]

for now, he watches from his table, curious more than anything about the growing altercation.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-nidoking"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Leo
He/him
February 29
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Heterosexual
Male model
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Destined for greatness
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonicio
Leonicio Marceliño
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 15:55:21 GMT
The dark-skinned youth was seemingly unfazed by the other man's loud yapping. "Now now, there's hardly a reason to throw a hissy fit. How shall I put this... I have a bright future ahead of me. Too bright to be held back by the likes of you. I need someone capable of bringing out my true talent. To put it in words you can understand, I'm too good for you." He concluded, casually finishing his drink.

"Just because you made it on the wall of some teenage girl's room, you think you're some kind of hotshot?! I'm the one who put your name on the map, kid!" His manager spat, grabbing him by the collar. Suddenly, he was struck by an Aqua Jet courtesy of the young man's Quaxly, causing him to get knocked down along with his chair.

Staff quickly rushed to the scene to prevent it from breaking out into a full-on brawl. They glared at the tanned youth for being the aggressor, but he simply raised his hands, grinning smugly. "What? It was self defense." He claimed, while his Quaxly flipped its blue hair sassily.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 8:20:51 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"it was self-defense."[break][break]

the stoic admin rises from his chair to help corroborate the lie. he takes a step, approaching. it only takes him a moment to further engrain the lie into reality, to help spread it with little details.[break][break]

he gestures to the table.[break][break]

"perhaps the other gentleman had a little too much to drink."

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Leo
He/him
February 29
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Heterosexual
Male model
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Destined for greatness
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonicio
Leonicio Marceliño
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 9:02:07 GMT
"See? I have eyewitnesses. I was assaulted, and my Pokémon rushed in to protect me." The young man kept lying through his butthole (being grabbed by the clothes hardly counted as assault). He left some money bills by the table. "Anyway, I'm sorry for the mess. I shall see myself out now."

His manager shot him one last glare, being helped back to his feet by a pair of waiters. "You'll regret this, kid..."

"No, I won't." The tanned youth responded calmly, yet assertively, looking down at the fallen man as if staring at literal trash. He then began to walk off with his little Quaxly in tow, unaware of just how much he owed to that stoic stranger's interjection.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 9:36:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

pulling out a few notes, he pays off his bill before following the kid out the door.[break][break]

the streets of slateport is busy, crowded, but he manages to spot the quaxly easily enough. a few moments pass before he catches up.[break][break]

"do you like fighting?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Leo
He/him
February 29
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Heterosexual
Male model
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Destined for greatness
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonicio
Leonicio Marceliño
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 10:12:46 GMT
"Hmm?" The male model turned around, regarding the stranger with a scrutinizing look. "What a strange question to ask a random person on the street." He obviously recognized the other man from the restaurant, but seemingly chose not to acknowledge that incident back there.

"Fighting is a little too brutish for my tastes. I don't like getting my hands dirty, especially when I can have my Pokémon do it for me." The youth replied, his lips curving into a semblance of a smirk. "However, I do like winning." He added.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 10:15:43 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

whether it's sarcasm or otherwise, theo ignores it.[break][break]

"what would you do to win?"[break][break]

he fishes into his coat for a cigarette, lighting it with trained ease.[break][break]

"how far would you go?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Leo
He/him
February 29
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Heterosexual
Male model
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Destined for greatness
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonicio
Leonicio Marceliño
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 11:38:43 GMT
The young man eyed the other speaker suspiciously. "How far would I go to win? Why would you want to know that?" Despite not giving him an answer, his actions earlier at the restaurant should speak louder than his words.

"It sounds an awful lot like you're trying to sell me something." The Quaxly trainer then said, crossing his arms in front of his chest while the other man lit up his cancer stick. "Whatever it is, it'd better be worth my time."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 12:26:17 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he's never thought about it before but he's essentially a salesman for team rocket. or at least he is on certain occasions when he poaches. this is one of those times.[break][break]

"i'm with team rocket."[break][break]

he says simply, unbothered with being quiet about it.[break][break]

"i only ask as you seem as though you'd thrive with us."

close tab

played by

Kost

Leo
He/him
February 29
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Heterosexual
Male model
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Destined for greatness
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonicio
Leonicio Marceliño
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 13:54:24 GMT
Leonicio cocked an eyebrow. "You don't say..." He cooed in response. He was well aware of Rocket's crimes in both Kanto and Johto. There was no sugar-coating it: They were a terrorist organization. Working for them would set him on a dark and bloody path. And yet, he was compelled by what the blonde man said... Thriving? What could he mean by that?

His golden gaze shifted to the droves of civilians walking past them, going about their daily lives blissfully unaware that one of the most wanted men in Hoenn was in their midst. "Shall we take this someplace more private?" The young model suggested.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 10:41:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"sure."[break][break]

someplace more private would be ideal for both of them. the last thing he wants is for some nosy passerby to overhear and for a situation to develop.[break][break]

"care for a drink?"[break][break]

it serves as a segue as they soon find themselves in a bar. it's rather nondescript but it does offer happy hour discounts.[break][break]

"what's your poison?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Leo
He/him
February 29
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Heterosexual
Male model
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Destined for greatness
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonicio
Leonicio Marceliño
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 16:33:21 GMT
A bar, really? Cliched, but effective. The trainer hailing from Galar was delighted to find out that he was old enough to drink by Hoennian law. He gave the menu a once-over, before bluntly replying. "I'll have a Roseli Berry Sangria." He looked down at his little Quaxly. "And a glass of water."

Resting his chin on the back of his hand, the handsome youth looked at the man sitting next to him; a man shrouded in mystery. Might as well start peeling those layers of mystery off. "We haven't been properly introduced yet. My name is Leonicio. Leonicio Marceliño. You might find my wonderful visage plastered on magazines that your daughter keeps hidden in her math textbooks." The young man quipped.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 11:12:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

theo orders scotch on the rocks, not really in the mood for anything as sweet as sangria.[break][break]

time for introductions.[break][break]

"i'm theo beckett."[break][break]

war criminal, essentially, given his reputation in kanto that oddly enough does not quite reach over to hoenn. perhaps there's a lack of communication between governing bodies.[break][break]

"you're from galar, aren't you? why are you in hoenn?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Leo
He/him
February 29
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Heterosexual
Male model
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Destined for greatness
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonicio
Leonicio Marceliño
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 15:48:52 GMT
His well thought out joke went completely unappreciated. Tough crowd. The name Beckett didn't ring a bell. If there was a lapse of communication between neighboring regions, that lapse was even greater overseas.

"If by being from Galar you mean forced to immigrate before I was even born, then yes." The young man said with a somewhat sour expression. "Hoenn is the land of opportunity. Here I can pursue my destiny without being held back by family or tradition." He answered Theo's question.